logo

Posted:    justin

false sales

buyatimeshare.com
buyatimeshare.com
This company does nothing to sell your timeshare, besides list it on a web page. They will answer your calls until you pay them. Once you pay them they do not help, they do not broker for you, or even update your page. I called repeadly back and they wanted me to update my page. Chris murphy was the guy I dealt with and he never calls me back or answers my call. This company is not a brokerage which they did tell me. They are crooks and I hope you don't use them.
Comments United States Timeshares / Vacation Rentals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of May, 2009 by   Friendly 0 Votes
BuyATimeshare did "broker" my entire transfer. You have to list a timeshare at a reasonable price for it to sell on the resale market or nobody will buy and it will just sit there. I didn't have any problems, and my property sold in under a year.

Sure I didn't ask for the $20, 000 that I initially paid, but I got rid of the property and got every cent of the sale back--no commission. It's not magic, patience and negotiable prices will sell a timeshare. But I suppose it's easier to post complaints rather than adjusting your asking price.
 14th of Jul, 2009 by   pissed off annonymous -1 Votes
Friendly, you are a LIAR! these people are crooks!!!
 4th of Aug, 2009 by   Friendly +1 Votes
Your inability to get a timeshare sold through advertising, is like getting pissed at the newspaper for not getting your car sold right away! You're pissed and it is no one's fault but your own. I guess it is easier to be pissed off than it is to try and work with someone to get the property sold. Lower your price, I did, and it DID sell.
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   Feedup 2 -1 Votes
Friendly you are a “BIG LAIR” and most likely one of crooks!!!

I glad I did not give this company any money. I had a few phone conversations with a sale rep and I was lucky enough to record most of it. First of all I think the name he gave me was false. I spoke with a lawyer who is working with a TV Reporter. They could not believe the stuff this guy told me. They putting together a list and contacting other people who have been swindle by this company and others like it . I did not give them a dime but really feel sorry for anyone who did. These are hard times for a lot of people and for some of them their timeshares are the only thing they have left. Someone need to bring some attention to these company claiming they can sale your timeshare for more than anyone else and asking you to pay a fee up front and leave you hanging. I’m sure one of them is going to read this comment and have something to say but guess what. See you on TV because every dog has it’s day.
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   Friendly 0 Votes
You're right. Sales people will try to get your business, with any product. And while everyone knows that TV Reporters are proven experts in timeshare resales, all I know is that my timeshare sold using Buy a Timeshare.com. They advertised it online, a couple from North Dakota made an offer, I accepted. Regardless of what you think you know, it worked for me. So... good luck with that.
 13th of Jan, 2010 by   posh pebbles 0 Votes
AS anyone spoken to a mr quincy brown??? he was the guy who swindled me out of 1, 200.00 pounds on the resale of my timeshare in gran canaria 5star puerto anfi, not heard anything and apparantly the american law is different to ours so goodbye money . these companies need exploiting for the scams they are using to gain money under false pretences very annoyed but just hoping that one day i will see them on crime watch uk
 25th of Jan, 2010 by   Tired of Timeshare Sales People 0 Votes
The people at buyatimeshare.com are horrible to deal with. Walker Wagstaff - 800-640-6886 / 813-902-9743. I contacted them a year ago about possibly selling my timeshare. Once I heard how much it would cost me, I immediately advised them I was not interested in using their services. They continued to call and email me. I repeatedly asked them to remove me from their call and email list. They continued to call me even after I advised them I had sold my timeshare. It is a year later since our first communication and they are still calling and emailing me. Once again, I asked them to remove me from the contact list and they are now saying "stop emailing and we will stop calling". Please note I only email them a response to remove me from their email list. I filed a complaint with the BBB. I would not recommend them to anyone. Avoid them!

Here is an email I received from them this year in 2010
"I am trying to reach you in regard to the sale or rental of your vacation property!
Time is of the Essence!
We are procuring buyers daily - don't miss out! We get results by educating our customers on exactly how to sell or rent their Timeshare Vacation Property. We can show you how we get results; I'm here to help you make an educated decision about your timeshare. This will be the last decision you ever make about selling or renting your timeshare, this I can assure you!
Please contact me at your earliest convenience! If you are not interested in selling or renting, please just let me know. My only goal is to provide you with valuable solutions to a problem many Timeshare owners have!
Best Regards,
Walker Wagstaff
Advertising Executive
BuyATimeshare.com
sales@buyatimeshare.com
800-640-6886 / 813-902-9743"
 5th of Feb, 2010 by   Luis Villeda -1 Votes
With 100, 000’s of clients throughout the world, there are occasional issues that may arise, as with any large organization. We try to do
everything within our power to over deliver, but as with any service or product, it’s ultimately the end users decision and feelings that may spark such erroneous comments, if in fact we haven’t met their expectations.

We are the most technologically advanced Timeshare Resale Advertising firm worldwide. With this being said our customer base is very tech savvy, many are in top 3% income brackets with higher levels of education then the average purchaser, this educated, affluent customer base cultivates environments for new age media such as blogs, threads, viral marketing, which may lead to false accusations and or opinions of a non customer.

Many accusations against our company are simply untrue, some have been found to be from competitors trying to tarnish Buyatimeshare.com’ name. We spend millions on Advertising, Social Media, PR and answering all complaints related to our business practices with integrity at the forefront of each managerial decision. Our customer base signs and agrees to specific terms, these aren’t hidden, they are in plain sight. The agreements made between Buyatimeshare.com and the potential seller or renter is clear, with 3 levels of verification procedures to make sure our customer base is fully aware of our aggressive advertising practices. We have thousands of happy customers, but unfortunately these blogs aren’t focused on happy customers. If a customer is tech savvy do your research, we promise you will find that BuyaTimeshare.com provides the most ethical methods of reselling and renting timeshares

Please, we challenge whoever views these statements to follow the link below and read our
Testimonials:

Keep an eye on our recently sold properties, you may in fact see your property on this list in the near future.

-If you are still not 100% satisfied, please contact Customer
Service at (800) 640-6886 or (800)-882-0296 or email us at
customerservice@buyatimeshare.com with any concerns regarding your account and it
will be our top priority to respond immediately and with integrity.

Please keep in mind Timeshares are not a monetary investment, but an investment in lifestyle! Price your property accordingly!
 27th of Feb, 2010 by   gullibleagain 0 Votes
I too was scammed by this company in 2003! They told me my timeshare was worth much more than I even paid for it, and already having regrets about purchasing it in the fIrst place, we went for the "pitch" and paid them the $600. From the $11, 000 they first suggested listing it for we have brought it down to $2, 000. It has been that way for a few years now and we have never gotten any contact from them. I phoned them about one year ago, and asked them to go to their records and tell me about exact actual timehares at our complex that they had sold. The lady listed one, that sold for one dollar!!! I am not sure that I even believe that after reading all of these experiences that people have had with this company.
I am very embarrassed that I was first scammed into buying the timeshare ( I later found out that that salesperson had lied about a number of things) and then gullible enough to believe this resale company. There really should be some legal action taken against these people, they should not be allowed to take peoples' money like this under false pretenses. Where is "the law" to protect consumers?!
There is another thread about this company on this same website that was started by Jeff on 6/4/2009. This thread has some very interesting comments by people which pretty much prove that this company does not even intend to try to sell your timeshare! AND MOST INTERESTING OF ALL!!! FRIENDLY, WHO ON THIS POST POSES AS AN EMPLOYEE DEFENDING THIS COMPANY, also POSTS ON THAT THREAD AS A "SATISFIED CUSTOMER"!!!??? How transparent can you be?
 28th of Feb, 2010 by   Andy Buckler 0 Votes
I just got off the phone with one of their sales people. What a jerk! After he explained their process to me, I asked about fees. They were having a "special" sale and wanted $700 upfront to list the property. I expressed skepticism at that kind of arrangement. If they're so confident they can sell it, why do I need to pay upfront? He lectured me about the difficulty of re-selling timeshares and told me about their massive worldwide marketing on various radio, tv and print outlets. I told him that seemed strange to me, since I've never heard of the company. That's when he started getting belligerent and told me about my bad attitude. I gave him an expletive and hung up. He called right back and I ignored it. Called 4 more times in the next 5 minutes. I finally picked it up and told him to give it up. Told him I wouldn't pay him a nickel to do anything. He told me not to offer something I didn't have (i.e., a nickel). I told him I'd match my income against his any day and hung up again. He called back yet again. My wife answered it and told him to stop or we'd be contacting the Better Business Bureau. Finally stopped. I've already gone to the BBB and the FTC about the harassing phone calls. Anybody got any other ideas of where to register a complaint? I'll make the time to do it...
 23rd of Mar, 2010 by   fight_back2009@live.com 0 Votes
Many Florida timeshare sale and rental companies under fire

Florida has launched a war against the timeshare resale industry, announcing Thursday ongoing investigations into 17 companies, as well as a lawsuit against one company.

In 2009, complaints about timeshare resale companies overtook mortgage-related complaints reported to the Florida attorney general.

The attorney general also filed suit against South Daytona-based ResalesBuyOwner.com, its third suit in recent months against timeshare resale companies. Allegations against ResalesBuyOwner.com are that the company forced customers to pay up-front fees for services that were never provided. The company charged customers' credit cards even after they decided not to do business with ResalesBuyOwner.com, the suit says.

The office has also filed suits against American Marketing Group and Hicks Inc., both based in West Palm Beach.

Some 17 companies, many based in South Florida, have been subpoenaed because of complaints about deceptive business practices. Customers have said some of the companies failed to honor cancellation policies, misrepresented the services they would provide and failed to comply with some parts of state and federal telemarketing acts. They include:

• Executive Timeshare Marketing in Tamarac.

• Coastal Timeshare Solutions in Boca Raton

• Worldwide Resorts Direct and Worldwide Marketing Solutions of Palm Beach, doing business as Worldwide Timeshare, in West Palm Beach

• TS Luxury Group in Lake Worth

• C&G Marketing Associates, doing business as Premier Timeshare Solutions in Palm Beach Gardens

• Nationwide Marketing Solutions, doing business as Magnum Advertising Services in Lake Worth

• International Resort Solutions in Lake Worth

• Gold Crown Property Management in Dunedin

• Vacation Property Resales doing business as BUYATIMESHARE.COM in Tampa

• Timeshare Only in Orlando

• PFS Concepts, Inc., doing business as US Vacation in Largo

Already, the state has settled with seven timeshare resale companies, including about $100, 000 for customers of World Timeshares of Deerfield Beach; about $90, 000 from Timeshare Travels of Boca Raton; $36, 000 from Preferred Vacation Resorts of Clearwater; $26, 000 from D&D Vacations, doing business as United States Property Services, of Largo; about $37, 000 from S.F.C. Group, doing business as TWA Resale, of Orlando.

On Thursday, the state noted one of its largest settlements with a timeshare resale company. Virtual Group of Orange County, which goes by the name Realty Trade, has paid $800, 000 in refunds to customers and will pay $500, 000 to customers who request refunds in the future.

If you are planning on selling or renting your timeshare or would like help getting your money back from any of the above companies please contact 954-324-6045. Please leave a detailed message including your name, phone number and best time you can be reached. Or please email your information to fight_back2009@live.com.
 8th of Apr, 2010 by   jagfan1 0 Votes
I am also trying to sell my timeshare and was contacted by -buyatimeshare.com rep and he was very eager to gather information and then allow me to make a decision based on forwarded email with links to promote their services. We then did have contact again and talked about listing prices and how many offers could start pouring in and the decision was soley mine. When it came to the next steps about prepaying I confronted about coming up with that and why I have to pay for a service that had not been fulfilled and he said that there is actually a law that prohibits them from listing without the 695.00 fee. I declined to proceed with their services at this time and will dig even further to seek more information. I have no problem with pating a transction fee because it is a service, but someone who lists your house does not get their fee up front, only when it sells.
 19th of Apr, 2010 by   No to Scammers 0 Votes
I have a timeshare that I'm currently trying to sell. A representative of BuyATimeshare(Matt Spicer) told me that in order to sell it I need to come up with a $1500.00 prepayment and that he has person or persons interested in purchasing my property. I confronted him about the complaints that I had read about his company and he said " BuyATimeShare is the 3rd rated timeshare resale company with a C rating with the Better Business Bureau and is not a scam." I don't agree with him...Never paid him a dime and don't intend to...
 15th of May, 2010 by   FK5243 0 Votes
I authorized payment to them over the phone but after reading blogs about them, stopped payment with Citibank and did not sign off on the final contract through e-mail. I'm not sure if the over the phone autorization is enough for them to run off with my money, but I'll know in a few days. I called Citibank right a way and put a hold on my account to protect myself against other charges. I figure if they did it once, they may try again.
 27th of May, 2010 by   One More Sucker 0 Votes
The jury is still out on these folks but it looks like just one more in the many time-share scams out there. My experience is the same as others have discussed, before they get your money they are all over you, emphasize how important it is that we are responsive to their calls. After they have your money the don't return calls. They really do nothing more stick an add on a web site. It's a very expensive add. Face it folks, we time share owners are suckers. We got suckered when we bought these turkeys and now we keep getting suckered by these scams trying to unload the things.
 27th of May, 2010 by   Ling Chi 0 Votes
Hahah - the OP is pissed not only because they can't unload their timeshare, but probably because they're realizing how stupid it was to buy one in the first place. Boo hoo! Let me guess - you bought it after filling out one of those "win a free car" cards at your local mall and were excited when you got the call to say your entry had "moved to the next round", packed up the family to go listen to a presentation to see what you "won", and then succumbed to the sales pitch.

Nothing like good ol' buyer's remorse to make someone pissed and cry scam, eh?
 14th of Jun, 2010 by   Luis Villeda -1 Votes
With 100, 000’s of clients throughout the world, there are occasional
issues that may arise, as with any large organization. We try to do

Testimonials:

-If you are still not 100% satisfied, please contact Customer
Service at (800) 640-6886 or (800)-882-0296 or email us at
will be our top priority to respond immediately and with integrity.

17th of Jun, 2010 by   Ling Chi 0 Votes
So - does everyone in this thread who owns a timeshare consider themselves in the top 3% income brackets and/or with a higher education than the "average" purchaser?
 2nd of Jul, 2010 by   JustAnObserver 0 Votes
I am not a representative of any timeshares or resale companies. I have no bias toward any resort or reseller of a resort. It's funny for me to sit here and read these threads of how certain companies are such scams and that they want you to advertise and God forbid, to PAY for those ads. And when they do request a fee for their service, they are immediately called a scam or con artist or whatever else to paint a picture of the injustice they placed on you. Now, I will absolutely acknowledge that there are MANY scams in this industry. Timeshare resales is a HUGE concern right now and something must be done to remedy it. That said, does that mean that every company that competes in that industry is a scam? Of course not. The problem is that uneducated people that know nothing about an industry or specific business spread false reports to make a company look bad. If you look online, you can see it everywhere. "This company didn't sell my timeshare in 3 months, so I asked for my money back but they refused. They are the biggest scam out there!" So if you enter an agreement and something doesn't happen in a timeframe that you deem suitable, you can break that agreement? I'm pretty sure that isn't how advertising works! This one is always good..."I called this company and asked if they could sell my timeshare, but they said it's only worth $10k but I paid $20k. Run away from this company, they are crooks!" Seriously? If someone tells you what you WANT to hear, they end up being crooks. But if someone tells you what you NEED to hear, they also end up being crooks. Do you see a pattern here? Bottom line is that timeshare owners need to start taking responsibilty for their actions. It seems to me that they would much rather blame a company that is trying to sell something for them, then accept responsibilty for making a bad purchase in the first place. Why doesn't anyone ever mention how much of a scam the resort is for selling something for double what it is actally worth? Or for saying that it will increase in value? That's the problem. Everyone wants to spin the resale companies as the bad guys because the reality is that it is a much harder pill to swallow that your dream vacation purchase may not have been too smart in the first place. So instead everyone wants to hold the company who is advertising the property responsible! It's funny to see this. It reminds me of the movie Tommy Boy, "you can put a piece of s@#t in a box and mark it gauranteed, but it's still a piece of S#@T!" So maybe the company that's advertising your piece of s%t isn't to blame. Maybe it's the company that sold you the piece of s@#t in the first place, and YOUR fault for buying a piece of S%^T and thinking it was wise. Just food for thought!
 25th of Sep, 2010 by   shortknocker 0 Votes
add to your list Time Share Express. They run the scam as well. I was told 6 months ago they had a buyer and we would move to closing. First, the buyer was going to meet with the IRS because they mistakenly got on the IRS list, now they are undergoing an audit. What a bunch of bunk...6 months, no closing, and I am out the $1, 600.00 for closing costs.

Dumb Ways to Waste Money on Tech