logo

Product Misrepresentation

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Buffalo Paws and Claws, East Aurora, New York Complaints & Reviews - Paperwork on animals

Buffalo Paws and Claws Animal Shelter, Inc Contacts & Informations

1714 Emery road
East Aurora, New York
Phone: 716-208-7747
Pawsandclawsanimalshelter@yahoo.com
Buffalo paws and claws president Kristy Cordova was paid for 2 puppies and promised paperwork & neutering certificates. She provided none of the paperwork and we are out hundreds of dollars.

Comments United States Pets & Animals
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Buffalo Paws and Claws complaints
Buffalo Paws and Claws - Parvo pups

Comments

29th of Mar, 2010 by   BPC -2 Votes
I am the VP of the shelter. I am not sure when you adopted these puppies, but we have NEVER NOT given the appropriate paperwork. It takes up to 4-6 weeks to receive the paperwork, as told when they are adopted. Puppies can not be neutered until 4-6 months of age to begin with so there is not a problem not having it ASAP. We have a LOT a work to do being funded only through donations and it being just me and Kristy doing all the leg work. Please refrain from trying to slander our wonderful shelter just because you can not be patient in receiving a neuter certificate that can't even be used for months. Thank you.
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   oscar rosie 0 Votes
Well when I was told it's in the mail and I'll fax it right over and it doesn't arrive...slander...vets do not want to treat new animals without knowing their history or the vacinations they received previously...I couldn't even get that...If you can't handle the work load do something about it...I'm glad I took the animals to the vet the next day...they needed medical attention...I needed verification of vacinations and would have been happy with that be couldn't treceive it until after a month. I was told the paperwork would be with the puppy when I picked it up...it was not available ..Great record keeping if you don't know when I purchased the pups...You should get the story straight before you respond!
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   oscar rosie 0 Votes
It required a call to News 4 to receive any results. Pretty sad!
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   BPC -3 Votes
You were told SEVERAL times that the puppies had only 1 distemper/parvo vaccination...your vet would also know, if licensed, that at 9 weeks old that is all they can have. They had also been de-wormed...which they need several times as puppies. It is not our fault you did not listen the 3 separate times you were told. When you called me I personally told you AGAIN as well as that it will take 4-6 weeks for paperwork at longest AGAIN. You had NO problem at that time.

How are you out hundreds of dollars because you didnt have paperwork at your beckon call?

News 4 was never contacted...and if they were we know nothing about it as they probably laughed at your immaturity. I am saddened by your lack of patience and can only pray that you are more patient with those pups.
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   oscar rosie +2 Votes
Vets need things in writing. I did listen but hey, I took your word for it that the paperwork would there...it wasn't . Telling is not in writing...you can say whatever you want...that doesn't make it true...I contacted News 4 ..see again ...you don't know what you are talking about...Whatever...believe what you will... we are done and that is that
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   BPC 0 Votes
No words can express how disappointed we are sometimes in human kind. Good thing we are in this for the benefit of animal kind.
 7th of May, 2010 by   ewoo6 0 Votes
I am now having same Problem, I was assured the paperwork would be in the mail shortly, ! month later I find out they never had the papers, and tell me they will have the previous owners send them to me, I gave $200 to Buffalo Paws and Claws not to the previous owners, Kristie suggests I call my attorney. Its a shame when you think you are dealing with people with some integrity because of the nature of their organization, and find out differently. I could have gone to the SPCA and been assured of the dogs records, lesson learned.
 13th of Jun, 2010 by   Rusty321 -1 Votes
I have dealt with BPC in the past, and they have been nothing but accommodating and prompt with whatever we needed. Paperwork was sent in a very timely manner, and our puppy was received sooner than imagined. Upon any contact with the shelter we received a phone call within 1 day, no matter how busy Kristie was. I support this shelter no matter what negative experiences people have. You have two wonderful people volunteering their time to help save loving animals. Be patient and realize this is a not-for-profit shelter. It sounds like oscar rosie is exactly as her name says; a grouch.
 14th of Jun, 2010 by   baygab919 +1 Votes
Without getting into too much detail, I also adopted from BPC and was very sad with the result. The dog was by far not even close to ready to be in a home. I was told he was dewormed, the worms he had were so bad it took 3 treatments of deworming. The dog was listed as potty trained...he was no where near that. Even though he was possibly abused he was said to be friendly towards people.He bit my neighbor 3 times. When I had family at my house he would growl and show teeth. If I caged him he continuously barked to no end. I think this dog was so emotionally damaged that alot of these behaviors were irreversable. I tried so hard to make it work but the bottom line was he needed a home fromthe start that the person could be with him all the time, possibly retired or elderly. I had no choice but to give him back. Now, I have 2 heartbroken kids, am out at least$500, and my house is trashed. There's got to be a better way to screen these dogs while they are in foster homes to first of all, report truthfully on the state of the dog, and second, some kind of screening period to see if the dog actually fits the new owner's home. BPC's hearts are without a doubt in the right place, but we have to be truthful about their condition so someone knows exactly what they are getting into. I feel as if I wasn't totally informed about this dog's possible problems.
 14th of Sep, 2010 by   msautumn0 -1 Votes
The shelter is a complete joke and anyone adopting from then hope you enjoy sick pets that do not have there shots!!! Vets in the area find the shelter a joke also. All she wants is her money
 27th of Sep, 2010 by   Brooklyn 0 Votes
This shelter is SIMPLY HORRIBLE.. Kristy is one of the rudest people I have ever met not mention very UNPROFESSIONAL! She lies about the paperwork and the breed of her dogs. From reading this complaint board she seems to tell many people the same story, which clearly is a lie. From looking at the website you would think it simply someone with a good heart trying to do a good thing, after my experience with her my thoughts quickly changed. Honestly, if I would have done more research about her farm like business she is running I would have never gotten any animal from this shelter. My husband and I were very disappointed with our experience, and we feel these animals are mistreated and Kristy needs a new profession because her best interest is not in the animals at her shelter.
 10th of Oct, 2010 by   ??op 0 Votes
After checking the website daily for months, we called about a dog that matched what we were looking for, and got a call back 1.5 days later confirming she was available for adoption . We were going away for the weekend and asked for a visit that afternoon before we left town to put a deposit down so we could pick her up when we returned . I arrived with checkbook in hand and one hour later and was told the dog was given to someone else that showed up before me and she tried to call me ten minutes before I arrived to let me know. AFter checking our cell phones and stating we weren't called, we were told she couldn't find our number to call us. Regardless, very dissapointing to arrive at time arranged and find out we should have got there sooner even though that wasn't communicated. And then she offered to show me others but definitely not interested in adopting from here.
 18th of Oct, 2010 by   ??op 0 Votes
To add to the disappointment in the experience that i decribed aboove -arriving at the scheduled visit time and being told the dog was given to someone that got there before me, nine days later, the dog that I wanted is still listed on the site as available. I'm wondering whether she was actually really there and adoptable on the day that my visit was arranged.
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by   ObjectiveObserver12345 0 Votes
I am saddened by those who feel they must complain about this organization. Those with positive experiences, which are most, adopt their pet without giving a 2nd thought to continuing to support this rescue. I never did consider the extensive work that goes into these organizations until I adopted my dog and follow their updates on their "animals in need". Coming from a "kill shelter", without them, my dog would be dead. Adoption processes aren't perfect. Funds are low, costs are high. They deal with "thrown away" animals. There's no guarantees. They do their best to describe health & behavior. Instead of complaining, you should all be thinking about how to help!
 17th of Feb, 2011 by   mizzbootsy +2 Votes
Hello? These are VOLUNTEERS! This is not a "profession". Just people who love animals and want to find forever homes for them. No one is making money here, not even close. And if the vet you're referring to is at the Aurora Pet Hospital, they are the REAL joke. They will bleed you dry and never accomodate you. The thug in scrubs at the desk is least compassionate person I've ever met.
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   tamrabear69 +2 Votes
Wow... have deal closely with Kristy who is so far from rude. She has such a huge heart and makes every attempt to save dogs from high kill shelters. She puts her blood, sweat and tears into her operation. I have fostered some great dogs for her. I have adopted a foster dog... and to the very first "complaint'" Yes, a vet will see your dog without knowing its history without any problems. Leave BPC alone and go start your own rescue group if you can do better.
 16th of Sep, 2011 by   JamieDress +1 Votes
Ms Cordova is all about the money, not the animals...shameful
 20th of Sep, 2011 by   gregporter 0 Votes
I have had a similar experience with this "rescue" we contacted them about a dog they had and at 1st was told there are 2 other people already approved for the particular dog we were interested in! (if so why would you not adopt out the dog to the pre approved families?) Secondly when we contacted them again later in reg. to our application we were told that we need pictures of our house and back yard! we gladly provided the pictures and the responce we got in return was "the fence in your back yard doesnt look sturdy" (really how could you tell from a picture the fence wasnt sturdy, and how would that even prove that we wouldnt be great owners for this dog?) after going back and forth with the lady i told them we were not interested in the dog!(this is a shame, and im sure this dog is still sitting there waiting for adoption). THIS ISNT SLANDER !!! ITS SHAMEFULL THAT THESE POOR DOGS ARE FORCED TO SIT AND WAIT FOR A LOVING FAMILY UNTIL "you" ARE READY TO ADOPT IT OUT!!!
 1st of Oct, 2011 by   TRS-P 0 Votes
The people who have written complaints on this board have no business adopting pets in the first place. I had a wonderful experience with this organization and found the perfect addition to my family. The paperwork was provided immediately without me even having to ask and I was given all of the details of the animal's medical history. Buffalo Paws and Claws spent a great deal of time and money to save a sweet and loving animal who would otherwise not be here on this earth. They have every right to thoroughly screen potential adopters for the sake of the animals. Pets are not something you "buy", they are adopted into your family to be loved and cherished. The adoption fee is to help cover the cost of the care that has been provided for your pet and is only a fraction of the actual amount spent just on their veterinary care prior to adoption. I will happily continue to support this organization and am very grateful for the wonderful work they carry out each day to save innocent animals and give them a second chance.
 22nd of Oct, 2011 by   disappointed family +1 Votes
I have had my share of problems with this shelter too. We were told our dog was completely housebroken and we are now left with a completely ruined carpet. We had it cleaned but the smell are stains remain. We also had problems with our dog nipping and we were told we were doing something wrong. We asked multiple times for shot records and were also unsuccessful. We will never work with this shelter again. We walked in with a great opinion but are leaving with the opinion that money matters more than the animals and that's just sad. We are now working with another shelter and we are very happy and satisfied.

Holiday Shopping Tips 2010 for Consumers