logo

GSN.COM
GSN is deceptive!
2. (1 hr 21 mins ago)
debspecs.com
Problems with payment and impossible to finish my order on the website
3. (1 hr 28 mins ago)
Ncrowd
4. (1 hr 34 mins ago)
Arm and Hammer / Pet Fresh Carpet Odour Eliminator
Allergic Reaction
5. (1 hr 50 mins ago)
vass siding co., aluminum design & Hank
Actualy Extreamly Pleased With Hank & VASS!!!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Brickhouse Security

Posted:    Disappointed

Rip-off products

Brickhouse Security
Brickhouse Security is in the business of coming up with unique products, producing them WAY below par and over-charging. Either the products do not work or they are junk. For instance: The Child Locater device, USB Media Pens, Cameras, etc. Their return policy requires an RMA number to be obtained within 5 days. This means you probably wont know if it needs to be returned until it is too late. They know they make junk, so they will not stand behind it. Beware of Brickhouse products!!!
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Jan, 2009 by   Mulika 0 Votes
I ordered a Color Frame/Clock/Radio Hidden Camera DVR from them for $519.00 on January 1, 2009. I received the package on Jan 12, 2009. The item was extremely used with numerous smudges that would not go off. There were minor scratches on it as well. It was missing a micro SD Card which was promised in the advertisement. It did not record anything except for showing time. Basically, I spent $519.00 for a digital clock. Please stay away from these people. They are a ripoff and a shame on the name of a business. I am going to do everything to make sure that people know about these people. Mulika Lorton, Virginia, U.S.A.
 18th of Jan, 2009 by   Mulika +1 Votes
Following are some of the reasons as to why I am returning the item:

- The remote partially works and partially does not work
- Half of the buttons on the remote have no title and they don’t work either
- There are no sign on the Clock Radio indicating where the SD card will fit
- It is also not mentioned in the Manual
- The Manual starts with page 8
- Programming of radio is referred in section 7.4, while the manual abruptly stops at sections 6.4. In other words there is no guidance for programming the remote, because the pages in the manual are not there
- RCA cord that goes to a monitor, can not be connected to a computer
- The description on the internet does not tell customers that to program the radio, it would have to be connected to a monitor or TV
- The SD card was incorrectly inserted in a slot, and it can not be recovered from the slot, because it is stuck
- There is a very strong magnetic pin provided in the box, although there is no slot in the radio or remote for it, and there is no discussion in the manual about what it is for
- I have tried contacting the “Customer Help”, and I was told by the recording that best way contact them is by e-mail
- And above all, it does not work. And most importantly the item had numerous smudges of finger prints and showed that it has been used extensively in the past. It seems that every time someone orders it, this very same item is sent.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- I ordered this item on the internet on Jan 1, 2009 and received it on Jan 12, 2009. On the same night of Jan 12, 2009, I sent an e-mail requesting an RMA Number. Yesterday I got the RMA Number
- I also see a difference between the language on RMA Form that you sent by e-mail on Jan 14, 2009 and RMA Request Form on BHS Site
- I have taken pictures of manual and the unit itself to show that it can not get that used up in just two days. I also took the pictures of all the items that I received in the box. I can share all this with you if you like
- Since it is defective and used unit, I am asking that a full refund of what I paid, should be made.
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   yes 0 Votes
We ordered a Black & White Recon DVR Clock Camera with built in recorder for $509.00 which does NOT work.

After 3 weeks & roughly 15 hours on the phone got an RMA# to return. When returned, they inspected saying that it was scratched and blamed us for using it.

We returned the item 3 times (first time within 2 weeks without an RMA which they refused to accept) and we are currently disputing the charges on the credit card. It’s sad that we are being forced to keep an unwanted and defective product against our will which we have hardly used.

What has to be done so that people are aware? What rights do we have as customers? BrickHouse admantly replied to our dispute saying that the product was used and will not entertain a refund. Please advice.
Srini, Alpharetta, GA USA
 29th of Dec, 2009 by   Ryan Pham +1 Votes
Yup they are bullshit, they'll scam you. At first DON'T EVER listen to their guy because they will say something like this "you can cancel it anytime just pay only $50 charge"!!!, THEY LIED! Beware of them!!! In facts, if you want to cancel it you have to pay the TOTAL MONEY AMOUNT EQUAL TO 5 YEARS CONTACT[meaning the $ multiply to like thousand!]

P.S. If one of the brinkhouse security come and say thing like above I mentioned, immediately read the contact and point out "hey it's not say like you say!". Make them know and tell your neighbors not to fall for it.
 29th of Dec, 2009 by   Filmpros 0 Votes
Brickhouse is a rip-off. DO not deal with them. They do not honor warranties or the products they sell. They woudl not take any returns on products they sold me that did not do what they said they would do. They take no responsibility for their lack of knowledge and will tell you anything to sell the product. Once you get it, you are stuck with it.
 26th of Mar, 2010 by   Tduffy +1 Votes
Dear Disappointed,

I apologize for the experience you had with our company. Our main focus is providing our customers with the highest level of service and satisfaction. In response to customer feedback we have received, our return policy has been changed to reflect a more customer friendly environment.

The vast majority of our products can be returned to us within 30 days of receiving the package for a refund. After the 30 days, we provide a 1 year warranty for replacements and free lifetime tech support on all products. We stand by everything we sell and if something is not working correctly we will replace it with another working unit.

Again, I apologize for your past bad experience with us.

Tom Duffy
Customer Support Manager
BrickHouse Security
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   Filmpros -1 Votes
These guys are not to be recommended.

I was sold over $4, 000 worth of equipment that did not do what the "Sales Advisor" told me it would do. He was not technically knowledgeable but he did a good job of pretending to be.

When I called my"Sales Advisor" and told him it did not work, he developed a bad attitude...quickly. I was denied a refund and was treated VERY badly by the "Sales Advsior" ... I mean, really badly. He was just nasty and resentful and he showed no interest in trying to help me resolve my problem. Even though I eventually proved the "Sales Advisor" was wrong ... which was not hard to do really. I just showed them the product literature for the products they sold me and my e-mail thread with the "Sales Advisor" ... it was clearly a "no brainer" that he screwed up.

So, I went to management, and while at least they pretended to want to resolve the issue, they did not. I could not get a refund nor could I even get a credit to purchase gear that would work for my application. I was not nasty or rude and I was able to clearly prove my case with management.

In the end, I am stuck with $4, 000 worth of gear I cannot use. It is still in my closet collecting dust to this day.
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   Filmpros +1 Votes
They lie and cheat customers...do NOT do business with this company...!!
 17th of May, 2010 by   prince811 0 Votes
i ordered mega mini pro dvr-80 from brickhouse security for $129 plus tax with shipping and handling $150.11 . and i received my item which was different what i have ordered . they sent me cheap mini dv-md80 which you can buy for $47.00 from amazon . they ripped me off .
 17th of Jun, 2010 by   ewsc +1 Votes
Thanks for everyone's comments.. I was going to order from this company but you saved me time and money.
 30th of Jun, 2010 by   Jazzieee 0 Votes
I agree with ewsc. I was minutes away from ordering products from this company. Since I didn't know the web address, I went to Google, and thanks to Google's autocomplete, I saw and thought to click on complaints for the co. Thanks to all the people who took time to comment!! This co. is not getting a penny of my money.
 9th of Aug, 2010 by   joaca 0 Votes
I have been making purchases online for years. This is the first company I have ever encountered that plays games. I ordered a product on Saturday and 30 minutes later tried to cancel the order. The business was closed so I sent an email asking to cancel. Two days later the company emailed me to tell me the order had already been shipped and they could not cancel my order. The salesperson could not give me a tracking number, so I looked online and the order had not been shipped. If the company was closed all weekend, how could the order have been shipped? I called and complained. I was told again nothing could be done that the order had already been shipped. Several hours later I get a confirmation for shipping. The order hadn't been shipped until several hours after I spoke with customer service.

Now I have to deal with the return, pay for shipping and then pay to return the product. I am extremely unhappy and the company doesn't care. I was told a manager would call me and that was 8 hours ago.
 20th of Oct, 2010 by   CLCSS 0 Votes
I own a security company in Westchester NY for over 35 years and am amazed at to what lengths people will go to save a buck, especially when it comes down to personal family security.

Why would you trust a faceless enterprise that doesnt even have the decency to give you their address, references and offer installation or professional instruction?

Security products are technical and in great demand, but like weight loss programs or get rich quick schemes many of them don't work.

Would you trust an amateur to pack your parachute?

Remember this and tell your friends to seek out licensed, bonded security professionals that have registered businesses in the area in which you live, no complaints on the net or with BBB and have been around with references for no less than 5 years. The longer they have been around the better.

Central Sonitec Sonitec Security 914-667-3366
 16th of Nov, 2010 by   EARL T COLEMAN 0 Votes
I BOUGHT A CAR CAMERA VOAGER, IT WAS MISS REPRESENT IN THE ADD.
I TRY TO US IT IN ANTHER WAY, NO GOOD IT IS A PIECE OF TRASH.
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REPAIR.
I WAS LUCY ONLY GOT SCRUDE FOR 100.00.
NEVER AGAIN THOUGH.
EARL T COLEMAN (EARLDEBB@AOL.COM)
 1st of Dec, 2010 by   JBu +1 Votes
Wow. I was about to order from Brickhouse an item that was advertised in a magazine I picked up on a Southwest flight. I think I'll shop elsewhere. Thanks all for taking the time to post.
 29th of Dec, 2010 by   five owe +1 Votes
Thanks everyone for posting. I was about to order from this company, but have changed my mind. Thanks for saving me the hassle.
 2nd of Jan, 2011 by   Carroll and Associates +1 Votes
Mark Carroll, Carroll and Associates, DFW, TX

I too was close to ordering a significant amount of equipment from BH. Sounds more like BS now.

Believe I'll keep shopping, thanks to the intellgience above. Thanks guys for commenting.

MKC
 29th of Jan, 2011 by   hairpuller +1 Votes
I purchased the iShopt Full Motion Video Camera. It did not work, except for the clock. I returned it. Brickhouse sent another. It didn't work either. I was hospitalized and could not return within 90 days. I tried. They sent the second junk crap back to me. I spend a lot of time on the internet and purchase a lot of products. By far, Brickhouse is the biggest ripoff I have ever experienced. Buyer beware of these folks. My personal opinion is that they are beyond dishonest. I think they should be investigated and prosecuted.
 26th of Feb, 2011 by   Sandy92065 +1 Votes
I bought their new Iphone data extractor, whcih they advertise on their website, that with this tool you can extract erased texts, see browsing history etc. Got it in the mail, set it up took 1 1/2 hours to extract mostly pictures, there was no browsing history or deleted phone numbers called etc. I call customer service, the lady was very rude and her response was oh the history must have been erased. I thought that was what the tool was for, was getting all the erased info of the phone! I paid $199.00, so I told her I wanted to return it because I obviously could not ever use it, she flat told me No returns, no refunds, no store credit! so now I own a piece of crap, that all it gives me are pictures..so what! I wanted the other info. that they advertise, that tool is crap, they ripped me off big time!
 18th of Mar, 2011 by   frustrated_brickhouse_customer +1 Votes
DO NOT BUY from Brickhouse Security. I purchased an iPhone Spy Stick for $169.95 in order to retrieve sensitive data from a client's two iPhones. The sales department answered the phone quickly and happily told me they could rush it to me the next day via FedEx for an extra $59.95, for a total of $229.45. When I received the iPhone Spy Stick, I only had a one day window with the client. According to the sales advisor, the instructional video, and the written instructions, it was simple - insert the iPhone Spy Stick into the USB port and then connect the iPhone. iTunes needed to be installed on the PC. I followed the instructions. The iPhone Spy Stick refused to read the connected iPhones. I tried both phones multiple times. Instead, I used a combination of free software and a iPHONE/iPOD back-up software called TouchCopy 09 downloaded for $24.99 to retrieve the needed data. NO ONE at technical support answers the phone. I waited for more than one hour on the phone. When I contacted customer service/returns and explained the product did not work. They told me that this is considered software and is not refundable or eligible for an exchange, even if it does not work. They then told me that the 90 day warranty was contingent on whether technical support deemed the product was defective. I explained that no one in technical support answered the phone and what more can I tell them other than it doesn't work? This was a complete WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY. DO NOT PURCHASE the iPhone Spy Stick. It does not work.

Online Romance Scam Victim