logo

Posted:    Lisa

Fraud and cheating

BowFlex
bowflex.com
I participated in a 6 wk free trial period advertised by BowFlex. I received my home gym. Despite telling the rep I wasn't ready to place order. Was only calling for the specs of the home gym and find out price if I decided to keep. I said that at least 2 to 3 times. The rep made me feel as if I had to order after my cred was approved.

He told me didn't matter, I could just send back and I wouldn't have to pay. He told me all I had to pay was shipping back.( Not for their cost to ship to me, that was not made clear) I was getting bills before my free 6 wk trial period was up. Was told to disregard since I was returning product.

Got another notice stating it was now up from $20 to $80 because of late fee's. Had to pay to keep off of credit report. I was told upon receiving the gym I would be fully refunded by check. It cost me a total of $80.00 in payments. It cost me $211.76 to ship back. And now their charging me $135.24 for their cost to ship me the gym.

At first they told me it was to cover the missing pieces to the home gym(UPS lost one of the box's. How do you lose a 4ft 75lb box? I dunno), then later I was told it was for their shipping cost. So now if the Better Business Bureau doesn't step in to help me? Or the Attorney Generals Office when I can get my complaint filed I will be out a total of $427.00.

And my $80.00 that was to be returned? Well I was informed that it was applied to my bill, and left me with the $135.24 total. I have learned a hard, expensive lesson. One I could not afford. Was hoping to get refunded before Christmas. Not going to happen now if at all. Stay away from ordering anything from BowFlex or Nautilus. Their hand in hand.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of May, 2009 by   DJD +1 Votes
I am so mad. Been paying off the darn thing now for 4 years. I bought my bowflex as it was advertized for as low as 19.00 a month. Never did pay only 19.00 I pay every month 35 dollors, eventhough I haven't seen a bill from them in over a year or more. The only time I hear something is when they send collections. They keep changing the due date depending on when they cash my check. I have never used my Bowflex because of this scam. I even told them to take the darn thing back. But they told me I would still own them.

That was the first and only time, that I have or will ever buy anything over the T.V.
I bought the darn thing from them for $1969.81 and still own them $1969.81 ! Hell no I would say more like $ 200.00
 11th of Mar, 2010 by   HorribleEquipment +1 Votes
I agree with you - the whole company is a scam...I bought a treadclimber- you know the treadmill plus stepper machine...well anyways I got about a year and a half from the stepper before some piece on it needed to be replaced. They send you the piece which you have to pay for even though you supposedly have a warranty and then you're supposed to become some kind of tech whiz...We never got the piece to be replaced so I just used it for another year and a half as a treadmill only...then suddenly the thing stops running and I call up and think it's the motor and they try and tell me over the phone that it has to be the lubrication and that the manual clearly states which kind of lube to use and all this crap- like who keeps reading the manual after 3 years...Basically you get no help with maintenance and it's all on you to try and fix the problems with it- I took the thing apart and threw it out for the garbage men...NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER BUY A BOWFLEX PRODUCT - THE WOMAN ON THE PHONE WAS ARROGANT AS WELL. Also she tells me my warranty for the motor is void because I used WD-40 and not what they said in the stupid manual - please what a RIP-OFF!!!
 18th of Feb, 2014 by   ramfan 0 Votes
I ordered a bowflex treadclimber on January 23rd. It took nearly two weeks before it arrived. There was no tracking number on the website - you have to call to get that. I called several times during normal business hours and received a closed message. One time I held for nearly 30 minutes before anyone answered the call. I put the treadclimber together and nothing lined up properly. I worked for two days putting it together. It was supposed to come with a free matt and as of February 18th, I haven't received it. I called and they said it was on backorder. Again, nothing on the website to tell me this. A week later, the website says "shipped" but again, no tracking information. I called and got the tracking information. As of today, February 18th the website still says shipped and the fed ex tracking number indicates that they haven't received it. I called customer service yet again today and the customer service rep was rude - she kept talking over me and not letting me finish my sentences. She said it was still in route and I should continue to wait. I told her that I haven't been able to use it because it sits on a hardwood floor and I don't want to scratch my floors. She proceeds to tell me that I can use it without the matt and it shouldn't scratch the floor. I asked her exactly how long I was supposed to wait before they would do something - she wouldn't answer my question.

If I had it to do over again, I would not have bought this machine. I can't comment on how it works because I haven't been able to use it. The customer service is horrible - they could cut down on the amount of calls they receive if they would just put more information on their website. They claim that they send it via courier from Portland, OR to Chicago, IL - I don't think it takes 11 days to get from Portland to Chicago - I'm tired of the run around and I am tired of having to make calls and being treated poorly. It is too much to ask that I receive what I have paid for? I will never again make this mistake - I've ordered the last bowflex in my life.

Don't Get Caught in a Phishing Fraud!

Latest Groups