Boost Mobile

phone repair, poor customer service

Indianapolis, Indiana
I absolutely hate Boost Mobile. For $50 a month they treat you like crap, the customer service is horrible, they dont have any kind of insurance for those expensive boost phones. Lawd forbid your phone messes up or it needs repair they tell you to send it to Motorola repair in Texas they keep it for damn near 3 weeks then send it back saying they wont fix it cause its due to physical damage. Besides that they wont give you the option of getting a loaner phone or replace the phone. I bought the Motorola I9 feel too bad to say how much I paid for it and after a week of having it, it stopped charging. I inquired about insurace when I got the phone and the foreigner said dont worry about it if something happens ur under manufacturers warranty. So if something happens to your phone you are f*****... period. They have these wireless stores on every corner all with those foreigners behind a bullet proof glass cause they know they are rippin people off. The man told me to send the phone to repair and he knew they werent gonna fix it so when I did send it back they returned it and they said it was due to physical damage that voided out my warranty. How could I physically damage the phone just by pluggin it and unplugging it to charge, you are gonna be careful with an expensive phone like that. I didnt drop it there wasnt a scratch on it. The supervisor in repair said well I dont know what to tell you and she was very smart elic. They dont care about you or your problems with the phone all they want is ur $50 a month. Im shocked someone hasnt went postal on them yet!!! I am gonna pass the word and make sure they loose as many customers as I can possible reach and warn.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Mobile/Cellular Service Providers
Was the above complaint useful?

20th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

Boost Mobile - Boost no longer notifies your expiration
Boost Mobile

Boost used to have a message that let you know when you were running out of money or time. Then they quit the expiration notice. Hey, Boost, thanks for not letting us know you were going to STOP letting us know!

So be sure you keep an eye on your account stats!!
 3rd of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

Boost Mobile - Rip off
Boost Mobile

Boost Mobile is a rip off. I payed my bill three weeks late and because my payment date fell on the second of the month and I payed on the 25th, my phone was cut off on the second of the month which means I payed for 5 days of service and now in order to keep my number I must pay for a new month. Shame on you Boost.
 21st of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Is this true? My parment date is the twentieth- so if I pay after that date I don't get dredit for the money I pay? Sounds a little shady. Are there other experiences such asthis? What the deal if I skip a month? Do I have to pay for two months of service?
 6th of Oct, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Boost Mobile is a nightmare to deal with! They say one thing and then turn around and contradict themselves. You catch them in lie after lie. They completely refuse to do anything to make things right when they are the ones who messed up in the first place. ENORMOUSLY disappointed! Wish I had never gone with them in the 1st place!!! Choose another company.
 24th of Oct, 2009 by    -1 Votes
 27th of Oct, 2009 by    -1 Votes
I had an I 9 I purchased in June 2009. Once late August hit the phone still worked fine with the exception of the often powering on/off without the phone being touched. I had the WORST time dealing with MOTOROLA more than ANY company I've ever seen in my LIFE.
I sent my phone in for the warranty repair service only to have AN EMPTY box returned to me with the service invoice inside. The invoice stated that I was not eligible for repair under warranty because of "liquid damage" although this had never occurred and the phone was maintained in NEAR MINT condition since the purchase date. After getting bounced around phone call after phone call to different representatives I finally spoke with a manager whom only kept me on the phone longer to produce the same results - NOTHING. He said because the package said it was shipped and logged in as weighing the correct amount for this particular package that they couldn't do anything about it and that I could take it up with FedEX (which I did file a claim with only to get the reply that they could not honor my claim and to take it up with motorola), It is TOTALLY obvious that my package was stolen by on of the workers at the repair shop in Texas. Their was make-shift tape assembled on the package and you could tell without even opening it that there was nothing inside. MOTOROLA has you send the phone for repairs in Texas, they assess the damage or problem, send to another motorola center in Illinois, then finally send to you. Now by the time all of this happens and the phone is in the possession of motorola centers/workers it's EASY for anybody to steal it from the package after the weight of the package gets recorded into their computer systems. It's easy for the phone to be stolen BEFORE it even has the final step of being shipped directly to you. AND by the way, I sent the phone safely with paying insurance on it. MOTORLA does NOT even send back to you paying the small fee through the shipper for insurance. I WILL NEVER USE/SUPPORT MOTOROLA EVER and I STRONGLY urge and advise to be careful before you decide to deal with this company or their products. IT'S VERY clear cut and dry that they DO NOT care about the quality of their products or consumers/customer service! They hide behind loopholes to deceive and cheat honest people out of their money whom just wanted a reliable product/trustworthy company to stand by their product/service. DOWN with MOTOROLA.
 13th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes

Boost Mobile - Service not rendereed

I purchased a $300 Motorola phone from Boost, and paid a 53.00 service fee.

The only catch? The phone doesn't work, and the store won't take it back.

When I call customer service, they tell me to go into the store...and vice-versa!

Total scam.
 26th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes

Boost Mobile - Horrible remake of SuperBowl Shuffle
Boost Mobile

Horrible remake of SuperBowl Shuffle. If these guys spent 3 million dollars on customer service and built up their brand reputation they would get a lot more people signing up with Boost then would from this stupid and poorly made SuperBowl ad.
 7th of Aug, 2010 by    +1 Votes
i have boost mobile service and i like it... i just got the i1 ... some people saying that boost dont have insures but they do... if u buy your phone from Radio shake or a boost store they will help you with the insures ... boost just came out with insures on there phones ... radio shake do offer insures if u want to buy... the people that complain about boost buy the phones from walmart, were they cant do any thing to help you... if you want to get boost service get it from a boost store snd you will not have to deal with customer service. also the boost store will help you return your phone... they will give you a loan to use until your phone is back
 17th of Sep, 2010 by    +1 Votes
i cant call out on my phone
 12th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
My wife received an automated text message from the Cell phone company Boost Moble letting her know that she has a free month of service. The service was shut off and when my wife called they told her that it was a scam(but it said boost promotion on it)my wife has the text still and read it to them and they still would not honor it. My wife then asked to speak to a supervisor and she was hung up on twice and when she finally was able to speak to a supervisor they said again that it was a scam and they disconnect call and just after that she received a text message stating that she was taken off the promotion list. I feel that my wife should have been honored the free month seeing that the text had boost mobiles name attached to it.
 25th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes

Boost Mobile - dropped service
boost mobile
Michigan City

usually i bragging about great features that i get with boost but my girlfriends phone has just been dropped service after two years and it was on their end they just gave way her number poof gone and after it was "reboosted " yeah boosted stolen boosted
 8th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes

Boost Mobile - re boost over charge
Boost mobile
Highland Park

Boost mobile has over charged my account. It is a joke to get your money back. They took out 2 payments but will only give me credit for one. Makes no sense. The customer service is rude and keeps you on the phone in my case over 1 1/2 hours. Don't bother with the data package you can't surf the net because the signals are too weak. RUN DON'T WALK FROM BOOST!
 17th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I had boost mobile and they were ok but there were time where i would get download failed for texts and then i was doing stuff like quizzes and voting and i got charged for it and i thought everything was included with the unlimited plan and their service was horrible so dont get boost mobile there a rip off.
 3rd of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes

This store does not collect taxes on products or payments, which is against the law!!!
They also are liars and treat customers like crap. Very very very rude!!
One lady left in tears. I felt so bad for her. I ran outside to apologize for them. I told her some people are just hateful.
 2nd of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes

Boost Mobile - unused service
North Carolina

Boost mobile service is so bad I had to use another carrierd for my bussiness, after makeing a payment the same day I tried to get a credit back they refused because I go another carried. $45.00 dollars a full day if work.
 12th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
im need repair i dont remember if i have a warrant how do i fine out/
 27th of Mar, 2013 by    +1 Votes
boost mobile are fraudsssssss
 27th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
they sell me a broken phone at a retailer and i constantly speak to costumer service and they tell me the same thing ... they give me run arounds, its quit disturbing they give me the number to boost repair service i called and they told me too send the phone in and they would repair i then call the representative and they tell me the same thing we have to reprogram t he phone all my stuff has been deleted of course and after that my phone freezes it plays music on its own where and it gets really hot so hot that i feel its about to explode and theres kids in the house that would not look good upon boost mobile something has to be done i never dropped my phone in water, i looked in the inside there"s no pink in the inside I used to work for t-mobile i know about phones and i kno theres something wrong with the phone
 24th of Nov, 2014 by    0 Votes
I had the worst experience not only two accounts and four phones later reminding services providers of privacy rights and of issues two conditions and three black eyes . Life in danger no support at all .not happy with service the resulting out come . They could have secured my account and help me have access to family and positive saport from abuse .. Contacted me at my grandmas email . Plz and . Make this fare for account holder n listesten to our situations . More promtedly . My cell number 5052709710 and pin # 1930

Currentlove64@msn.com is where u can reach me sincerily Desirea langham paid customer

Contact Us