logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Shoes store: Wen Jun Hou- (the receipt of this payment is Non-US Verified)
Never got my shoes - don't buy from them
2. (1 mins ago)
Booking.com
–°onfirmation system is absolutely unreliable and customer service incompetent
3. (6 mins ago)
bridesmaiddesigners.com
Unable to reach the seller
4. (12 mins ago)

Bodylogicmd

Posted: 2011-11-11 by    Linda Gennari

unethical practice

BodyLogicMD
I found Dr. Kaye online when I googled Adrenal Glands. I called Body LogicMD, Dr. Kaye's medical franchise in 9/11, and spoke with an office personal. Dr. Kaye’s next opening was 01/12.  I made an app. for 01/24/12.  Making an app. with Dr. K requires pre-paying $614, for blood lab work and a saliva test kit, regardless if ones appointment is 4 months away.  I was to download the requisition for lab work to be done only at Quest Diagnostic.  The Saliva Test kit was to come through the mail.  I would also need to complete a questioner on their webpage, plus download an additional 48 page questioner to be filled in and mailed.
B. L. does not mail out any paperwork. B.L. does not accept insurance. B.L. has a 7 day no refund policy from the date your appointment is made, they don’t tell you that, it’s in small print on the bottom of your sale's receipt, which you must download or view online.
After the 7 day no refund period passed I received 3 calls from B. L., over 2 wk period, stating they haven't receive my questioner, they had openings if I got my tests and questioner(s) completed. I submitted all my pre-visit prerequisites by mid-Oct. and soon after I received a barrage of calls from B.L. saying they have received my lab results and my questioner(s) and have openings for me to see Dr. K.  I was in no hurry to move up my appointment with Dr. Kaye. I was bothered by the additional cost I incurred to download their paperwork plus mailing it. I began feeling uneasy about B.l., I decided to google Dr. K. Yelp.com had one review on Dr. Kaye; a negative review. (I mentioned the negative review to B.L., the review has since been removed.)

On 11/2, I called B.L., I wanted to pickup a copy of my lab results. They told me it was against Dr. K's policy to release a pt's med records before seeing them. I told B.L. MA. law states I have a right to my med. record. They said they weren't in yet, I reminded them of their numerous calls. 11/07 I arrived at B.L. to pickup my lab results. Dr.K refused to release them, saying he could be held liable. The police were called as I was not leaving w/out my lab results. Dr. K finally agreed to release them to my Internist, I signed a release form, the papers were faxed to my dr.'s office. I reviewed the lab results with my internist, Dr. James Nolan, (Dr. K holds a Ma license in E.R. & Internal Med.) he cautioned me on taking DHEA & hormone replacement.
I question Dr. K’s Body LogicMD franchise practice: Ordering pre-paid standardized lab tests, w/out seeing his pt's, is he getting a kick-back from Q.D.? Prescribing multiple costly vitamin supplements that are available only through his office. Refusing to release pt’s lab results prior to seeing them, potentially losing $495, 1st. visit fees.
This is not how medicine is meant to be practiced. Regardless of whether it's alternative medicine or conventional medicine, practicing medicine without integrity is a scam that should be exposed. Dr K is running an alternative medicine franchise where by he is making a mint on people who are suffering with conditions from which they are seeking an alternative to conventional medicine. Dr. K’s practice is unethical and should be investigated.
Comments United States Doctors
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Nov, 2011 by   Sarah at BodyLogicMD 0 Votes
Linda,
My name is Sarah and I'm with BodyLogicMD. I'd like to hear more about your experience. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience as I'd like to hear more about this situation and see if there is anything I can do to correct any issues.
In health,
Sarah Caro
BodyLogicMD
scaro@bodylogicmd.com
877.857.0153
 5th of Dec, 2011 by   Patrick Savage 0 Votes
I wanted to reinforce Sarah's request to hear more about your experience. As President of BodyLogicMD -- it's our primary desire to ensure your health - and your experience. Please feel free to contact me at psavage@bodylogicmd.com as well. With over 15, 000 active patients -- and over 100, 000 visits -- it's our job to do it right everytime.
Sincerely,
Patrick Savage, President BodyLogicMD
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   annemmorse 0 Votes
ARE YOU HAVING BUYER'S REMORSE ? NOT SURE I UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT HE WAS SUGGESTING WAS ALL THAT BAD. SOMETIMES DOCTORS HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON THINGS . I ACTUALLY WENT TODAY AND YES, IT COST ME QUITE A BIT OF LOOT BUT I ALSO HAD BEEN FINDING MYSELF READING ARTICLES AND ADDING SUPPLEMENTS THAT MAYBE I DIDN'T EVEN NEED . MOST DOCTORS DO NOT DO THE LEVEL OF TESTING THAT DR. KAYE DOES SO HOW DO YOU FIND OUT WHAT YOU ARE DEFICIENT IN UNLESS YOU DO THESE TESTS ? AS FOR ME, I AM WILLING TO GIVE IT A TRY BEFORE I JUDGE BODY LOGIC . STAY TUNED AS I AM VERY HONEST WITH MY OPINIONS :)
 19th of Mar, 2012 by   Jana Kelley 0 Votes
I have an appointment with BodyLogic in Vail, CO for the first time in April. I was also charged $615 for the blood & saliva tests. My mom was going to go with me and then she found out from her naturalist dr. in South Dakota that the test kit only costs the dr.'s office $100.00. My mom and I feel so ripped off right now. My mom canceled her appointment because she doesn't want to get ripped off any more from this office, but I feel I don't have a choice but to get ripped off because I have no thyroid, it was removed about three years ago and the pills I have been on are not working. I am having a heck of a time finding anything to work, so this is my last resort. Any suggestions?
 19th of Mar, 2012 by   annemmorse 0 Votes
Just wondering if it is just the price that is bothering you ... Have you attempted to try any of his suggestions ? I just started my meds so too early to tell if I am feeling better yet ...
 21st of Mar, 2012 by   DlynnS +1 Votes
I find this so interesting. I stumbled across this searching another topic. I have been with my BodyLogic doctor for over 2 years, and have done great. I even suggested that my in-laws see him. They too have done fantastic. I don't have medical insurance and find the testing pricing to be pretty affordable. If I had to pay the lab directly it would cost a lot. (I have checked) When it comes to the saliva testing, I have priced out ordering it from ZRT directly. It is within a couple dollars for the same testing that is ordered directly with BodyLogic. Jana, I am guessing it is a different set of testing if it was only $100. There have been a couple times that I was due to check saliva and it was a lot less, but my doctor wasn't doing to whole thing like the first time. I truly hope everyone has had the same success as me, it has affected my entire life. The relationships in my life have grown, and I feel so much better about myself.
 26th of Apr, 2012 by   TheRockasaki 0 Votes
My wife and I were with BodylogicMD for 6 months, which equals two office visits, each. All I got out of it was HCG shots (used for weight loss, but I was already skinny) and supplements ($580/month), and all my wife got out of it was more belly fat. The doctor decided to add progesterone to get her estrogen:progresterone ratio in balance. Even a layman, like myself, knew that lowering her high estrogen levels would make more sense instead of raising the progesterone (all I have taken is Anatomy and Physiology classes). Well, she gained 20 lbs, and the doctor would not change her mind about the progesterone. My testosterone raised 8 points only, and the doctor wouldn't change anything. So, I found something else. We both have been on the SottoPelle pellets for just over a month, and boy what a difference. HUGE difference, actually. SottoPelle is significantly cheaper in everything from blood labs to the actual procedure. Now, my monthly average is cost is only $100, and $50 for my wife. With BodyLogicMD, our combined monthly expense was over $1000. Blood labs are a 10th of the cost too. It just burns me up how much we spent at BodyLogicMD, especially considering the results, and also because it was mainly SUPPLEMENTS. I feel it was a complete waste of time and money. Oh, and my wife has lost 10 lbs already since quitting BodyLogic - 1 month.

I suspect the problems we had with BodyLogicMD had everything to do with our age. We are barely in our 40's. And the doctor mentioned that she had to prove to her peers that she tried everything else before prescribing me testosterone shots, considering my age. Well, this just means that it would take years to get the results I was hoping for. As for my wife, I don't know what she was thinking. She actually chewed on my wife for taking the supplements with crackers. She actually blamed the 2 crackers a day for my wife's 20 lbs of belly fat - absolutely stupid suggestion. If we wanted to be berated/lectured, I sure as heck would be paying this much for it. So glad I tried something else before giving up entirely.

I would suggest anyone that is younger than 60, to try something other than BodyLogicMD. I'm sure the 60+ age groups will feel a significant difference with BodyLogicMD. But for the younger, or those wanting more bang for the buck, try something else, like SottoPelle. Anyways, that's my suggestion. Best of luck to you all.
 7th of May, 2012 by   Sarah at BodyLogicMD 0 Votes
TheRockasaki,
I would like to hear more about your experience - who your doctor was, etc. When you have a chance, could you please contact me to tell me more of your experience with the BodyLogicMD affiliated physician? I'd like to see if there's anything we can remedy.
In health,
Sarah Caro
scaro@bodylogicmd.com
 7th of May, 2012 by   TheRockasaki 0 Votes
Sarah,
I will contact you. Since the organization seems to care about its performance, some feedback should be useful.
 16th of Jul, 2012 by   Dave M.m 0 Votes
Seems to me that there are Legitimate people posting on this board that work at BodyLogicMD and are offering to try and help you with the Complaints you have. I would think it's worth connecting with them. Just Saying.
 30th of Jul, 2012 by   Kristine Dispensa 0 Votes
Agree-waited 2 months to see Dr.Mazzei.Day of appointment I called in am to verify. When I arrived - after a 1 1/2 drive I was told to reschedule or wait 2 hours. Waited 2 hours and then saw a so called physician . Nothing professional about it. He took 4 personal cell calls - contraindicated himself to many times to mention - he then appeared to daydream and write prescriptions down as he was daydreaming. They owe me $$ for overpayment to them and I'm told to argue that with my insurance but it's body logic that have my $$. Reached out to John and he was rude and totally blew me off- do not go there under any circumstances.
K.Dispensa
 1st of Oct, 2012 by   annemmorse 0 Votes
Well ... as promised ... I am following up on my opinion about body logic and Dr. Kaye . At age 60 I feel young again and even started running ... mind you I never even walked for exercise . I am a "believer" and happy that I went to him !!! Little pricey but worth every cent :)
 14th of Nov, 2012 by   Kayesd 0 Votes
Dear God my appoint with Body Logic is tomorrow. I am terrified that I might be disappointed. Trying my best to stay positive. Wish I had not read these posts.
 18th of Apr, 2013 by   LeeDemetri 0 Votes
I met with Dr. Kaye at BodyLogic and paid $495 for an "exam"consisting of vitals and listening to my heart and lungs which I had done an hour later at my PCP's office, and told to do a diet that is not only nutritionally unsound but pretty much impossible to sustain...the "Paleo Diet". Numerous Doctors and Registered Dieticians have spoken out against it due to the nutritional deficiencies it can cause. I have osteoporosis and Celiac Disease so I already eat Gluten Free and have to take supplements for Calcium and Vitamin D and I'm being asked to take ALL dairy out of my diet but butter is okay? Explain that one, it's also part of the dairy group last I checked. According to the diet "nothing cured" but was told I could eat bacon...that's cured last I checked too? No whole grains, no legumes, no dairy...doesn't sound like a very balanced diet to me. When Dr. Kaye was going over the diet with me and I told him the foods I don't like/eat (I'm a creature of habit and a somewhat picky eater so even the GF diet was a challenge but one I was able to find substitutes for my "usual foods" at least) he got very confrontational and to be frank, down right rude saying "I'm not going to spar back and forth with you over this!" So I told him I'd shut up and let him talk and then he went on happily but would say "RIGHT?" demanding me to respond treating me like a 5 year old and I would just nod, he obviously just wanted a captive audience to yes him to death. He told me I had to change my mindset and not only tried to push his smoothie product but at checkout tried to get me to buy two books from him in addition to the $495 I had already paid. Also, he had his assistant take blood for food allergy testing. They do not use sterile gloves because he said he is "Old School" and knows his patients medical history and his own and if he had someone with a communicable disease he would use gloves. Well, that's fine and good but I don't know you or your assistant and think that is irresponsible if not illegal to put my life/health at risk! Also they bragged they are great at taking blood, well his assistant had to stick me twice to get the needle in my vein. I got blood taken an hour later at my PCP and the phlebotomist saw my arm and said "WHO did that?!" Obviously a butcher job. Needless to say I think he's a cocky, arrogant, elitist who thinks he knows everything and believes it's his way or the wrong way. He was in no way willing to work with me regarding the diet and wasn't even sure if my problems were diet related or virus/bacteria related. I plan on getting my "food allergy" results and then never stepping foot in that office again...no thanks.
 27th of Aug, 2013 by   annemmorse 0 Votes
Still going to dr Kaye and feel great !!!
My energy and libido is restored to what I was like in my thirties and I have never been happier ... Changed my life for the better !
 17th of Jul, 2014 by   annemmorse 0 Votes
Still going to Dr Kaye, still happy with the results. Age 62 !

More Signs of Mortgage Aid Foreclosure Rescue Scams