logo

FRAUDE Y ESTAFA

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Blue Mountain Greeting Cards, Northridge, California Complaints & Reviews - Billing without availability to services

Blue Mountain Greeting Cards Contacts & Informations

Blue Mountain Greeting Cards

Posted:    Cynthia houghton

Billing without availability to services

Blue Mountain.com
Northridge, California
BlueMountain.com
I signed for a free trial with intent of subscribing for a year, gave my cc information, they have charged my card and now I have no access to the services of the cards...they say I am not in the system. I cannot access them through the 800 number no way to access an actual person the the help menu cuts you off...no email contact on the website...they make it impossible to cancel membership without charging. What's up with this company...
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jan, 2009 by   John Wilke 0 Votes
I totally agree with the previous comment. In my case, they retained credit card info and re-charged me for another membership a year later. This happened without warning. No email asking me to renew, etc.

These folks do not return emails, and they have an automated phone service that doesn't connect you with anyone - I tried every voice prompt and never got close to talking to anyone. They are totally unresponsive.

I'm not surprised to find a number of hits when I Google up "Blue Moutain Cards Complaints". There is an obvious pattern of behavior here.
 5th of Jan, 2009 by   Bob 0 Votes
I am very upset with Blue Mountain Cards. I have a regular e-card membership and signed up for a free trial printed card membership. The free trial was to last a month and could be cancelled at any time during the trail period and there would be no charge. When I went to cancel I was requied to call rather than cancel online.
When I went to call I could not get through the voice recognition system and was transfered to a customer rep line. It rang about 10 times and hung up.
Continued to try this several times with the same result.
I then called and chose the new membership option and after at least a half-hour wait got a rep who said she would cancel the free trial membership. I will monitor my card to make sure this happens. I do not trust these people.
I think if they sign you up online they should let you cancel online.
Bob
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   Jeff 0 Votes
I can confirm that this is still going on as of 2009. THEY ARE SHADY. Not being able to cancel online is just plain wrong.

30th of Jan, 2009 by   MSGhost 0 Votes
I agree!

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO BLUEMOUNTAIN.com!

Bluemountain does not want to treat you fairly or "protect" you.

They want access to your credit card number, and they want to make it as inconvenient and difficult as possible for you to cancel.

f you sign up for a "month free trial, " they will charge your card for a year, and renew you 12, not 13 months later. A real funny joke.

Other people have mentioned other charges they make that you make not be aware of.

You cannot get an email into their company, in spite of efforts to send email to the usual email addresses for such companies. You cannot cancel online. There is no FAQ about canceling your subscription. You cannot cancel out your credit card information.

Bluemountain is a scam to get and charge your creditcard number. Don't fall for it!
 7th of Feb, 2009 by   StAci 0 Votes
This company is a horrible scam!!! Multiple times they made me overdraft my account without any warning!!! I would recommend that everyone stay away from this company!!! It is a fraud!! There are many other e-cards available that really are free-but this specific company will try and charge you consistently every month!!! I AM OUTRAGED TO SAY THE LEAST!!! Who the hell is in charge over there???!!! DO NOT GIVE BLUE MOUNTAIN ANY OF YOUR INFORMATION-EVER!!!
THIS "COMPANY" DISGUSTS ME!!!
 11th of Feb, 2009 by   beryl 0 Votes
i'm having problems signing into my account..all it tells me is that my browser wont accept the cookies.
when i tried the helpline there was nowhere to complain to so i decided to cancel my account and low and behold i cant cancel my account till i sign in!!! so how am i supposed to do anything if i cant sign in ...i cant even get a contact number...Blue Mountain is a no no...
 20th of Feb, 2009 by   pambar 0 Votes
Well well well - as a Brit living in Spain I thought it was just me having a problem with this waste of space company - and then I found several sites with the same BIG problem. I want to try and get my money back that has just been debited to my English credit card - which I no longer use as I live here in Spain. If I have to spend all that useless subscription money which has been on telephone calls it will be worth it. Just one thing - is it just me that cannot actually even access Blue Mountain at all? I have tried all major search engines - find the link but will it will actually not connect so not only have I been charged I cannot access their site to complain, use their useless cards, contact them - whatever. A I have reported it to my credit card provider who are looking into it but not sure there is much hope - it is not the amount that is in question it is the company's complete lack of contactability. I have now found several sites with complaints, take a look at CEO Blues, and as far as I am concerned the more complaints noted the sooner something will happen even if it only gives those who are checking them out the information to stop them falling into the Blue Mountain pit and eventually no one will use them at all.
 22nd of Feb, 2009 by   mtngirl73 0 Votes
I have experienced the same problem with this company and, after reading so many complaints online about them- i decided to file a complaint with the BBB. I would suggest that anyone with similar complaints take the 5 minutes to file the complaint. It's worth it. These types of practices should not be allowed!!!

If you go to the BBB website- put in your zip code, click on "for consumers". Click on "complaints" along left side bar, click "file a complaint", answer a few questions about where you live, then when it comes for you to enter the company info- enter this phone number (216) 889-5000. It's actually called AG interactive (it has an A+ rating...CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??!!). Then just finish the rest of the complaint filing process.
 23rd of Feb, 2009 by   Peggy R Campbell 0 Votes
I cannot find a way o change my email address. I also have American Greetings, which won't allow me to download it's cards!

Thanks for the phone number. The state Attorney General is another place to complain: Consumer Protection Division.4
 26th of Feb, 2009 by   BLC 0 Votes
I have canceled my membership on 2 separate occasions and have just today again been debited for another renewal. There phone system is automated and you can not contact or talk to a live person, as stated in all of the other complaints I too am being blocked from access to their website and can not email them either. Their phone system says you will receive a renewal notice at NO TIME have I ever received one. I am frustrated and disgusted that this company can make themselves so untouchable to contact but they can access my money when ever they want.
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   Cathy Barnowsky 0 Votes
I also cannot access my account to change my e-mail address...I wanted to send cards last month, still can't access them or find a phone number. After reading these complaints I can see that I am a victim, too!
 21st of Apr, 2009 by   nkc 0 Votes
Everyone-
I signed up for a "free" month but they ended up charging me. I couldn't find a number to contact them (and couldn't access my account even using the lowest security settings) until I went to their main page and clicked on the "join now" button.

Guess what? they provide a number for people to join! But the menu will also let you cancel (and ha-ha, you don't have to speak to any of their rude customer service reps). Here's the number - 1-888-254-1450

Pass it on! cancel your blue mntn membership at 1-888-254-1450
 21st of Apr, 2009 by   bebydoll 0 Votes
Hiii and good evening:) I had a similar problem to all of you. My subscription was supposed to end on February 4th...so I had called before that date to CANCEL it out. I had called the toll free number and it took me FOREVER and a DAY to get someone, but I finally got to talk to someone(I think they do it on purpose...hoping that you would get fed up and just hang up...'cose who could possibly wait that long, BUT I DID:) They then offered me another 2 months to see if I would keep it...and of course... I had accepted it.(It was free:) All I had to do was call back before April 4th to cancel it.)...and sure enough I did:) I wrote it in my organizer(APRIL 2nd: cancel BM membership)...and called them again...once again...waited FOREVER and A DAY, but I did talk to someone. The representative told me that it was completely cancelled and I didn't need to do anything. She mentioned that an e-mail regarding the cancellation would be sent to my e-mail. Whatever you do, DO NOT LOG BACK into the site with your e-mail and password because that will automatically renew your subscription.) ...and then today, I got an e-mail saying something like, "Due to an unfortunate technical glitch at our end, recently we inadvertently expired your membership.") Minds you, I HAD cancelled it on, "APRIL 2nd". . I didn't have their number anymore...so I kept looking for it on their site. Of course, they DIDN'T have it. Now I know they are a part of, "American Greetings"...so I proceeded to call AG(1-800-729-9188) and ask them for the number. This is the number the super nice lady representative gave me: 1-800-711-4474. She even connected me so I didn't need to call that number:) The wait wasn't that long and I had talked to another representative explaining the whole situation to her. To make a long story short(although it's already super long...sorry:( ), she completely cancelled it out for me and gave me a, "CONFIRMATION NUMBER"...so make sure you guys get that...just in case...'cose you never know:) hehehe:)...hope this can help you guys:)
...and to the one who wrote the last post, thanks for the additional number:) I'm writing it down...just in case Blue mountain wants to start trouble with me hehehe:)
 27th of Apr, 2009 by   Polly Moore 0 Votes
I have been with Blue Mountain for a number of years. I have not had a previous problem, or not one that I know about, until now. I sent 3 birthday cards Saturday and no on has gotten their cards. I sent them a second time and again, no cards arrive. I have noticed in the past that recipients would not pick up their cards and assumed they just ignored them. After this weekend's experience, I now suspect the cards were never sent. I think I am correct in saying that the originators of Blue Mountain Cards turned the business over to their son. I really hate that a son could hurt a business that was so nice in so many ways. If my cards are not delivered, I will no longer subscribe to Blue Mountain. And you TRY to bill me anyway and you watch a "class action" destroy you like you have done to your parent's business.
 30th of Apr, 2009 by   the hat 0 Votes
I've had the same problem. I cancelled my membership at least two weeks prior to it "renewing" and yet they STILL billed me and took money out of my paypal account. When I went online to log in to the site, it said my membership had been cancelled!! Yet, they STILL billed me!!! And trying to get email to them is impossible. You'll get a computerized response. I called their automated BS and it is of no help. It sends you back to where you started... their website where you can't get any live help. It's horrible!!! The worst I've ever seen.
 26th of May, 2009 by   DarthXena 0 Votes
My problem was that I was billed my $29.99 renewal fee and the site would not allow me send any cards, even though the account information clearly states that my account is paid through March 2010.

Thanks to mtngirl73 who previously complained and posting the correct company and telephone number information: "Click on "complaints" along left side bar, click "file a complaint", answer a few questions about where you live, then when it comes for you to enter the company info- enter this phone number (216) 889-5000. It's actually called AG interactive (it has an A+ rating...CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??!!). Then just finish the rest of the complaint filing process."

The good news is that their A+ rating has declined to A- as the number of BBB complaints have tripled from the previous 30 days. That endless automated telephone loop and return emails that in no way address your problem was outrageous and smelled so scamacious (my new word :) that I can't believe the company is in this country. Or, maybe I can.
 7th of Jul, 2009 by   DanandDiane 0 Votes
I too had the problem of getting charged an annual renewal fee without notice or permission and could not get in touch with anyone on the phone. The tab on their website to contact was responded to by saying that the membership was cancelled as of next year! I wanted my money back. After finding this website and reading the comments, I took the route of mtngirl73. I got a response from the Better Business Bureau and a few short days later got a refund on my bank account. You can be sure that I will be telling everyone I know to NOT use this service. Like so many others, they are just out to rip people off.
 13th of Aug, 2009 by   LEscobar 0 Votes
I had a problem with them not canceling my membership and charging me. I called the number 1-800-711-4474 and then say "technical support", then say "something else" and then say "agent". I will not be dealing with them again. This is a BAD company.
 14th of Sep, 2009 by   badbizpractice 0 Votes
Any company that 1) doesn't provide a link to cancel a free trial membership, 2) doesn't provide a phone number that allows you any options to reach a human being, and 3) deliberately makes it impossible to communicate with the company is a business that's destined to fail. I have to assume that word will get out about Bluemountain.com and American Greetings. If not, might I suggest a class action suit for deceptive advertising practices, bait and switch, or some other legally valid reason? This many consumers can't be wrong.
 17th of Oct, 2009 by   gsmcclin tock 0 Votes
I received notice membership renewal due - since I am unemployed I responded 4 times to cancel. Today I see they took out $19.99 and $15.99 from my bank account which overdrew account. Cannot find phone number. I have emailed attorney generals office FL. I am very angry.

How To Avoid Being "phished"

Latest Groups