Bizrate

Posted:

Bite and switch scam!

I (and i am not alone, google it) finished a purchase at UGGAustralia.com and when i completed my transaction a popup came up (very professional looking, not a bad advertisement) claiming it was doing a survey for ugg's website. it stated that if i completed the online survey i would be rewarded with $100 worth of magazine subscriptions, free if i just paid $8 for the shipping fees. there was no fine print to read because i read it all. no where did it say you would be charged full price for these magazines. i completed my magazine selections and by the next day i had been charged the $8 shipping fee AS WELL AS a $100 magazine charge. this was complete false advertising and according to other message boards bizrate has several pending lawsuits over this particular scam.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

14th of Nov, 2008 by    -1 Votes
Dear Colby,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem with the offer. If you are still having difficulties with this, or if ANYONE READING THIS has problems with the magazine offer (or needs other help regarding BizRate or Shopzilla) please contact me at khunt@bizrate.com. I will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Katherine Hunt
Customer Relations Specialist
BizRate.com, a Shopzilla, Inc. Company
 10th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I had a similar survey with Carrot Ink. My cost was $2 per subscription charged on 4/1/08. (Maybe I should have noted the date!) But that was all i was charged. I got Sunset and Time for a year. That was great. In 2009 I was not sure I still wanted them, but they came. The price was at total of $65. I decided to keep them. In 2010 I no longer wanted the magazines. So I contacted both magazines to cancel and not renew my subscriptions. The magazines kept coming!! And my acct. was charged $96!! I contacted my bank and they said there was nothing I could do!! The magazines said that I was not the person who could cancel MY subscriptions!!

BizRate is a MAJOR scam. Keep far, far away from it. I'd also stop supporting any business that associates with BizRate! If BizRate loses all its corporate customers it will dry up and go away.
 29th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
Bizrate/Synapse have been committing this scam for years. They are still doing it. Scammed me December of 2011. I am calling the Attorney General of Maryland.
 15th of Jun, 2013 by    0 Votes

Bizrate - No doubt this is an interstate crime.
Bizrate
bizrate.com

A pop up window came up and wanted to survey my satisfaction. But I did not find out it was Bizrate until after I filled in the information and they got my information. By that time it was too late. SO everything they did was a fraud. No doubt this is an interstate crime.
 27th of Nov, 2014 by    0 Votes
Is there not an Honest Internet Based company out there? Biz Rate offers a $100 gift if you complete their survey. The gift is magazines...and not a very good selection either. Once selected and all delivery information was provided, a screen came up stating that to receive the magazines I had to pay $2.00. Not a big sum but suddenly my Gift was costing me money. Then, reading further, they disclose that the Magazines would be free for the first year and would then AUTOMATICALLY Renew using the credit card information you provide for the "$2.00 processing fee". Essentially, Biz Rate is pimping for the publishing companies. You now have ll of my survey answers and some personal information that you will no doubt sell to other companies for a small fortune. And, I get nothing because I was unwilling to pay for my Free Gift. You disgust me BizRate! Thanks for Nothing and you can bet this consumer will continue to spread the word about your terrible business practices.
 7th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
I echo DJohnH's post word for word. No way I am paying for my free gift! I could smell this one as soon as I read the small print saying automatic renewal. NEVER, EVER, EVER agree to automatic renewal. You WILL get screwed.
 30th of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
Well, get this: They charged me $103 for four magazines, but I DID NOT order, or fill out any survey at all! Im not even sure if i've even been to that website. They gave me different stories, one of them was that this was an auto renewal from 2011. Thing is, this credit card is only 4 months old! And when I asked them where they got my number, they said I filled out a survey at Bizrate and this was my "reward". Even if that WAS true, why are they charging me for a "reward". When the fraud specialist with Capital One set up a 3 way call, they said they would remove the charges within 24 hours.
 20th of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
survey rewards problems
I am not even sure this is the coorect place to be, but I have no other options
I took a survey in january for free magazines, but just to pay shipping
I got a confirmation that said this is your confirmation of your magazines
I called the number on the confirmation and they state the payment did not go thru
I used a visa gift card to pay, no indication that this form of payment is invalid (which the vendor you used told me now) My card showed the transaction deducted. It had an expiration of march 2015 and any money on it not used, was forfeited, I had no way to know that it was not deducted as when I made the transaction, it brought it to a few cent balance and I tossed the card when it expired. I now do not have the money to use nor the magazine subscription

THe site should have rejected it right away or contacted me that it did not go thru
I will no longer do business with BIZRATE and will let my facebook, pintrist etc friends know about the scam
 7th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
After I made an online purchase at Petsmart, I agreed to take a Bizrate survey, giving my first and last name as well as email address, as requested, for a chance to win $25 but when I clicked the "Submit" button NOTHING HAPPENED, even after multiple attempts.

Contact Us