logo

Not Getting Paid

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Bizrate Complaints & Reviews - Bite and switch scam!

Bizrate Contacts & Informations

Bizrate

Posted:    Colby Hinkson

Bite and switch scam!

I (and i am not alone, google it) finished a purchase at UGGAustralia.com and when i completed my transaction a popup came up (very professional looking, not a bad advertisement) claiming it was doing a survey for ugg's website. it stated that if i completed the online survey i would be rewarded with $100 worth of magazine subscriptions, free if i just paid $8 for the shipping fees. there was no fine print to read because i read it all. no where did it say you would be charged full price for these magazines. i completed my magazine selections and by the next day i had been charged the $8 shipping fee AS WELL AS a $100 magazine charge. this was complete false advertising and according to other message boards bizrate has several pending lawsuits over this particular scam.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Nov, 2008 by   Katherine Hunt -1 Votes
Dear Colby,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem with the offer. If you are still having difficulties with this, or if ANYONE READING THIS has problems with the magazine offer (or needs other help regarding BizRate or Shopzilla) please contact me at khunt@bizrate.com. I will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Katherine Hunt
Customer Relations Specialist
BizRate.com, a Shopzilla, Inc. Company
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   SDp05 0 Votes
I had a similar survey with Carrot Ink. My cost was $2 per subscription charged on 4/1/08. (Maybe I should have noted the date!) But that was all i was charged. I got Sunset and Time for a year. That was great. In 2009 I was not sure I still wanted them, but they came. The price was at total of $65. I decided to keep them. In 2010 I no longer wanted the magazines. So I contacted both magazines to cancel and not renew my subscriptions. The magazines kept coming!! And my acct. was charged $96!! I contacted my bank and they said there was nothing I could do!! The magazines said that I was not the person who could cancel MY subscriptions!!

BizRate is a MAJOR scam. Keep far, far away from it. I'd also stop supporting any business that associates with BizRate! If BizRate loses all its corporate customers it will dry up and go away.
 29th of Dec, 2011 by   atale of caution 0 Votes
Bizrate/Synapse have been committing this scam for years. They are still doing it. Scammed me December of 2011. I am calling the Attorney General of Maryland.

A Facebook Identity Theft