logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Carports.com
Do not deal with these people
2. (7 mins ago)

Birch Communications

Posted:    Sunny1

Deceptive sales practice

Birch Communications
I called inquiring about internet service. Next thing I know, they've delivered internet box and sent tech to wire it! When I called saying I didn't say I WANTED it, as I had asked they fax a copy of my current phone contract to me first, they argued and said I had answered YES to their quesitons, when even their recording shows I had asked for the fax first! When I said cancel it, they said it would cost me over $1000!!! So, they "discounted" a few things, only with every bill I find they're trying to sneak in charges. Extremely frustrated and highly recommend not even calling this company!
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Jan, 2012 by   Lisa Machado 0 Votes
hi i have birch communications and ive been having problems with customer service saying my receptionist has been late for mths on the bill they charge me late fees i 've never been late before in all the years ive been with them. They promised me they would give me the same satisfaction that my resent company gave me and later i found out they didnt giuve me what they promised me they r liars and theives. If you have questions about how they cheat you call me i 'll explain more thank you have a nice day...713-777-6437 Please call me if you need to hear more about cheating and lying..
 7th of Jun, 2012 by   john uknown +1 Votes
This company is kinda untruthful they do get you a little better rates then atat but dont tell you that they see your in a contract with atat.Their able to look at your customer service record and they know you have to pay thousands of dollars to get out of it. They know this and still dont tell you. So when these businesses switch they end up getting screwed cause their in a long term contracts and literally have to pay thousands of dollars cause they broke the contract. I use to work for birch and we use to screw customers with their contracts with atat. 90% of the customers i got to switch were in contracts and ended up having to pay thousands of thousands to atat.
 16th of Jul, 2012 by   agentsinger 0 Votes
I had similar issues with Birch. I had my phone service go out last Thursday and my credit card machine runs off the phone. Since they do not have ANY control over AT&T as AT&T owns the actual line, they couldn't get the line back up until Monday which cost me over $1, 000 in sales (oh yeah and it was July 4th weekend!). They would not offset my fees with a resolution I asked so I will drop them immediately upon contract end!
I will tell everyone though..If you are not happy with this business..go to BBB.com (better business bureau.com) and express your concern. This will help other make a better informative decision when considering their contract.
 25th of Mar, 2013 by   Birch Poor Service 0 Votes
I have been with Birch Communications for less than 3 months and since then I have had 3 outages. As a result I have had customers leave my business and transfer to other offices. I have calculated that I have lost over $3, 000.00 with this company. When I contact the customer service line they state that they are going to call me back and I never get a return call. I have been promised that my bill would be discounted but all I have seen is increases in my bill. I would not recommend anyone to use this company. It could be the demise of your business.
 2nd of Apr, 2013 by   BroomAngel 0 Votes
Birch called my office several times a month for six months in 2012. I happened to answer my own phone one friday when Birch called and the agent promised me I could save hundreds a month over my AT&T, I would not have to change any of my modem or routers even after I explained I had a complex network with several workstations. I told them I would only commit for 1 month. In 2 days I recieved a new modem a router that I tried to connect but was too small to handle my large network. I called Birch and their tech was unable to walk me through connecting the new modem so we both realized they had not sent a modem capable of handling my network. They offerred to send a tech to my office for $100/hr to assist with connection but no guarantee. I then at that point told Birch that I was cancelling the contract that it was still within the 3 day period which was the law in NC. Any contract can be cancelled within 3 days. They told me I would need to cancel with the sales dept. I called the sales to cancel and they told me it would be a early termination fee. I told them not in NC. They told me I was not an attorney and they were not in NC and they did not have to follow NC laws. They refused to release my DSL line so I could go back to AT&T. I called AT&T and they were so angry that I had went with Birch they charged me an early termination fee, refuse to give me my old discount plan back, cancelled 2 of my 4 lines, I had no internet service for 2 months because of Birch, AT&T charged me over $600 to come back, my business phones and fax which are listed on ads were changed. Birch sent me a bill for over $3400. and now has sent me to collections and small claims court. They call my office weekly with harrassing messages threatening me and my staff. How does these theives get away with this?
 27th of Feb, 2014 by   jimmyjet 0 Votes
I had a residential phone account with COVISTA until it was purchased by BIRCH. COVISTA would bill me monthly charges for taxes, etc. of approximately $4.00. From the start, BIRCH'S charges averaged $11 to $12, even if I made no calls for the previous month. Today I dropped BIRCH like a hot potato. I only wish that more people could figure out that they are getting screwed by this company.
 12th of Sep, 2014 by   Meridian Massage 0 Votes
Today is September 12 and I received very poor customer service from a girl named Jessica. To keep from doing her job she acted as though she couldn't hear me due to bad phone connection. I could hear her fine. She hang up and I gave her the benefit of the doubt but she never called me back. She had my number because I had already given it to her and she had already called me. After she hang up I called back and a different lady answered and I told her what had just happened and ask to be reconnected to Jessica. This lady refused to connect me but rudely connected me to a different person by saying there was 5 Jessicas that worked there and she couldn't connect me to her. I told her that only one Jessica talked at that particular time on that particular number and she just connected me to a different lady. My situation was very detailed and I had been dealing with it all day and wasn't trying to argue with Jessica but it was late in the day and my son was at home alone and I hadn;'t had lunch and just didn't need to start all over again with a new person . I had to start all over again and ended up just havling to leave work with my phone torn up and no way of making money till someone decides to call me to fiix my phone. My phone number is 601 934 9493. I own a small business and am a single mom. Under normal circumstances I don't mind waiting my turn for my phone to be fixed, but a guy on the phone pole from another phone company disconnected my phone line and I strongly feel that he should have been reported and the problem should have been dealt with as an emergency. My phone line is dead and I'm losing business and much needed money while Jessica and the guy on the pole gets their normal paycheck this week. I'm strongly considering dropping all service with Birch in the future. I would appreciate someone telling me if I had a bad employee so that I could fix that problem before they totally ruined my business. I can't tell you how to run your busilness but Jessica isn't an employree that I would want working for me, .My business phone number is 601 483 8886 but it's disconnected.

How to Buy a House: Mortgage Shopping