Birch Communications

Posted:

Deceptive sales practice

Birch Communications
I called inquiring about internet service. Next thing I know, they've delivered internet box and sent tech to wire it! When I called saying I didn't say I WANTED it, as I had asked they fax a copy of my current phone contract to me first, they argued and said I had answered YES to their quesitons, when even their recording shows I had asked for the fax first! When I said cancel it, they said it would cost me over $1000!!! So, they "discounted" a few things, only with every bill I find they're trying to sneak in charges. Extremely frustrated and highly recommend not even calling this company!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

23rd of Jan, 2012 by    +1 Votes
hi i have birch communications and ive been having problems with customer service saying my receptionist has been late for mths on the bill they charge me late fees i 've never been late before in all the years ive been with them. They promised me they would give me the same satisfaction that my resent company gave me and later i found out they didnt giuve me what they promised me they r liars and theives. If you have questions about how they cheat you call me i 'll explain more thank you have a nice day...713-777-6437 Please call me if you need to hear more about cheating and lying..
 7th of Jun, 2012 by    +2 Votes
This company is kinda untruthful they do get you a little better rates then atat but dont tell you that they see your in a contract with atat.Their able to look at your customer service record and they know you have to pay thousands of dollars to get out of it. They know this and still dont tell you. So when these businesses switch they end up getting screwed cause their in a long term contracts and literally have to pay thousands of dollars cause they broke the contract. I use to work for birch and we use to screw customers with their contracts with atat. 90% of the customers i got to switch were in contracts and ended up having to pay thousands of thousands to atat.
 16th of Jul, 2012 by    +1 Votes
I had similar issues with Birch. I had my phone service go out last Thursday and my credit card machine runs off the phone. Since they do not have ANY control over AT&T as AT&T owns the actual line, they couldn't get the line back up until Monday which cost me over $1, 000 in sales (oh yeah and it was July 4th weekend!). They would not offset my fees with a resolution I asked so I will drop them immediately upon contract end!
I will tell everyone though..If you are not happy with this business..go to BBB.com (better business bureau.com) and express your concern. This will help other make a better informative decision when considering their contract.
 25th of Mar, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I have been with Birch Communications for less than 3 months and since then I have had 3 outages. As a result I have had customers leave my business and transfer to other offices. I have calculated that I have lost over $3, 000.00 with this company. When I contact the customer service line they state that they are going to call me back and I never get a return call. I have been promised that my bill would be discounted but all I have seen is increases in my bill. I would not recommend anyone to use this company. It could be the demise of your business.
 2nd of Apr, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Birch called my office several times a month for six months in 2012. I happened to answer my own phone one friday when Birch called and the agent promised me I could save hundreds a month over my AT&T, I would not have to change any of my modem or routers even after I explained I had a complex network with several workstations. I told them I would only commit for 1 month. In 2 days I recieved a new modem a router that I tried to connect but was too small to handle my large network. I called Birch and their tech was unable to walk me through connecting the new modem so we both realized they had not sent a modem capable of handling my network. They offerred to send a tech to my office for $100/hr to assist with connection but no guarantee. I then at that point told Birch that I was cancelling the contract that it was still within the 3 day period which was the law in NC. Any contract can be cancelled within 3 days. They told me I would need to cancel with the sales dept. I called the sales to cancel and they told me it would be a early termination fee. I told them not in NC. They told me I was not an attorney and they were not in NC and they did not have to follow NC laws. They refused to release my DSL line so I could go back to AT&T. I called AT&T and they were so angry that I had went with Birch they charged me an early termination fee, refuse to give me my old discount plan back, cancelled 2 of my 4 lines, I had no internet service for 2 months because of Birch, AT&T charged me over $600 to come back, my business phones and fax which are listed on ads were changed. Birch sent me a bill for over $3400. and now has sent me to collections and small claims court. They call my office weekly with harrassing messages threatening me and my staff. How does these theives get away with this?
 27th of Feb, 2014 by    +1 Votes
I had a residential phone account with COVISTA until it was purchased by BIRCH. COVISTA would bill me monthly charges for taxes, etc. of approximately $4.00. From the start, BIRCH'S charges averaged $11 to $12, even if I made no calls for the previous month. Today I dropped BIRCH like a hot potato. I only wish that more people could figure out that they are getting screwed by this company.
 12th of Sep, 2014 by    +1 Votes
Today is September 12 and I received very poor customer service from a girl named Jessica. To keep from doing her job she acted as though she couldn't hear me due to bad phone connection. I could hear her fine. She hang up and I gave her the benefit of the doubt but she never called me back. She had my number because I had already given it to her and she had already called me. After she hang up I called back and a different lady answered and I told her what had just happened and ask to be reconnected to Jessica. This lady refused to connect me but rudely connected me to a different person by saying there was 5 Jessicas that worked there and she couldn't connect me to her. I told her that only one Jessica talked at that particular time on that particular number and she just connected me to a different lady. My situation was very detailed and I had been dealing with it all day and wasn't trying to argue with Jessica but it was late in the day and my son was at home alone and I hadn;'t had lunch and just didn't need to start all over again with a new person . I had to start all over again and ended up just havling to leave work with my phone torn up and no way of making money till someone decides to call me to fiix my phone. My phone number is 601 934 9493. I own a small business and am a single mom. Under normal circumstances I don't mind waiting my turn for my phone to be fixed, but a guy on the phone pole from another phone company disconnected my phone line and I strongly feel that he should have been reported and the problem should have been dealt with as an emergency. My phone line is dead and I'm losing business and much needed money while Jessica and the guy on the pole gets their normal paycheck this week. I'm strongly considering dropping all service with Birch in the future. I would appreciate someone telling me if I had a bad employee so that I could fix that problem before they totally ruined my business. I can't tell you how to run your busilness but Jessica isn't an employree that I would want working for me, .My business phone number is 601 483 8886 but it's disconnected.
 26th of Feb, 2015 by    +1 Votes
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. THIS IS A RIP OFF!!!
 27th of Mar, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I have been a client for past year of one of Birch's subsidiaries, Tempo Wireless. It has been a customer service nightmare from day one. They constantly refuse to provide the services thy contracted full and I paid for. I am done. It seems to be a way of business for this organization. I would avoid any business dealing with this organization at all efforts.
 7th of Jul, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I have a small family business. Since BIRCH took over our account, we have had nothing but issues. I have been down to 3 lines from 5 since July 1st!. They wanted to come on the 3rd, but I told Sarah, the rep. we are closed for the Holiday. So she said she would re-schedule for Monday. They showed up I guess Friday anyways & says they fixed it? It is NOW Tuesday, guess what. We are still with out phone service on 2 of our lines. They frustrated me so much I hung up on them yesterday. They are not company orientated, have no phone knowledge. I think they are trained to say 'I understand' & 'I am sorry' I asked to speak to a Supervisor, of course he told me there was none available. I asked that they have a Supervisor contact me as soon as possible. I was holding up another phone line from my customers sitting on the phone with Birch trying to get issued resolved with NO prevail. Horrible customer service & gives the feeling they don't care. Will be looking into switching Phone Companies!
 11th of Jul, 2015 by    +1 Votes
horrible beyond belief that Birch gets away with their subterfuge. Cant we do something about this horrible company?A re they going to continue to ride herd over everyone without having to answer to anyone?.What about a massive law suit filed by everyone who has been screwed by this horrible company.??? What are we waiting for??
 31st of Jul, 2015 by    +1 Votes
Was a Birch customer for my small business from 2002 to 2013. No problems. Then in 2013 my business phone line went out. They sent a tech to check my lines the next day. He first went down the road to the main box and it was ok there. Then he came back and we stood outside "chatting" for a while. I know his family history and all about his kids but my phone was still not working. Then he checked the box on the pole by the office and messed with it for a while, then said it was fixed. He had to get to his next job because he was running behind. The phone was still out. Called Burch again and told them my phones were still out. The sent another tech who looked at the box and said it was ok. The phone was still out. The tech told me he could check the box on the house but they would charge me $100. Told him no and he left. I called my previous phone company just to see what they could recommend. (Sage Telecom). They went ahead and sent an tech out and in 10-15 minutes my phones were back up. And at no charge. Then I noticed on my last bill from Birch there is a charge for $100.00. Now I am getting collection calls on this account. :(
 31st of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
I had service with CBeyond for 3 years before Birch acquired them.
I stayed on for one year and swicthed to Charter Business.
All of my lines were ported over to Charter but Birch continued to charge me, WITHOUT sending a bill for several months.
When I did finally get a statement from them I was shocked that they were still billing me and NOT actually sending a statement.
After several frustrating calls to resolve the issue I was finally told they would review and get back to me with a resolution.
Six weeks later I received notice from a collection agency stating that I own the full amount in dispute.
When I called Birch to find out why I never received a response from them I was told that thye couldn't discuss my account and had to work it out with collection agency.
I have attempted numerous calls to get some kind of explanation to no avail.
Birch is without a doubt THE WORST company I have ever dealt with!
They are dishonest, deceitful and a pain in the ASS!
Do yourself a favor and stay clear of them!!
 31st of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
I was a cbyond customer for 3 yrs and birch acquired them.
I stayed on for one year with birch and then switched to Charter.
All my lines were ported over to charter.
To my surprise I received a statement from Birch 4 MONTHS LATER. They were continuing to bill me for service even though I was no longer a customer.
When I inquired with them they said they would remove the charges but never did.
After several frustrating calls I finally spoke with someone that promised to resolve the issue and get back with a final resolution in 30 days.
Almost sixty days latter I received a notice from a collection agency demanding payment of full disputed amount.
I made Several calls to Birch and was told they could not do ANYTHING with my account because it was turned over to collections.
Without a doubt, Birch is the most DECIETFUL, DISHONEST, Frustrating company I have ever dealt with.
I STRONGLY recommend not doing business with them no matter how good the offer sounds.
From the complaint thread its apparent that they screw their customers and will likely do the same to you.
I will tell EVERYONE I KNOW about my experience with them and I will tell them AS OFTEN AS I HAVE THE CHANCE!
I am taking this viral on social media and every outlet that I have to expose the corrupt nature of this company.
I'M PISSED!!
I agree with City Girls post on July 2015 -there needs to be an investigation and a class action lawsuit filed against Birch!!!

Contact Us