logo

Nissan Murano transfer case
Problems with Transfer case
5. (32 mins ago)
Flowers 1-800-770-7404/FTDfloristsonline.com
no delivery, waiting on refund

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Biolife Plasma Services, Layton, Utah Complaints & Reviews - Extremely negligent employees

Biolife Plasma Services Contacts & Informations

Biolife Plasma Services

Posted: 2011-05-24 by    this.sucks

Extremely negligent employees

Biolife Plasma Services
Layton, Utah
This company has extremely poor service. I have been there 6 times and 3 of the times I have had an awful experience. Two of these times the nurse that was putting my needle in stuck it in too far and gave me a hematoma both times. The other bad experience I had was I checked in and they checked my vitals and temperature and all that and then they made me sit back down for 45 minutes before someone came up and told me that they had entered my information wrong and I wouldn't be able to donate that day. This place needs some serious employment changes and I would think twice before going there.
Comments United States Medical Negligence and Deficiency
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Biolife Plasma Services complaints
Biolife Plasma Services - LARGE bruise

Comments

24th of May, 2011 by   oparcher 0 Votes
Why in the hell would you go back after the first bad experience?
 29th of Jun, 2011 by   twnkl04 -1 Votes
First of all, they aren't nurses. They're phlebotomists. Second of all, when you shoot a basketball, do you always make it in the hoop? There is room for human error in performing venipuncture procedures and unless you do your job perfectly, everytime without error, then you have no room to judge.
Lastly, you'd think that if you knew all your vital signs were in range, why didn't you ask one of the techs why you were still waiting after say.. Five minutes? Oh yeah.. Because that's something a smart person would have done.
You're so focused on getting paid for sitting through one measly poke in the arm and that awful bruise that you're losing sight of the patients who benefit from the medicine that's made from that plasma.
Next time you're going to complain about your experience at one of these centers, why don't you tell it to someone during their dialysis procedure. Or to a patient receiving intravenous chemotherapy. I'm sure they'll be even more disgusted by your whining than I am.
Seriously.
 23rd of Aug, 2011 by   PlasmaAvenger +1 Votes
Hey twnkl04,
How long have you worked for Baxter/BioLife or worked on their behalf? Clearly, you are a corporate shill.

Correct, they are not nurses...but BioLife promotes their phlebotomists as fully trained professionals performing medical procedures. Your basketball analogy is pointless. Your clients have the expectation of competence. This sounds like a failure on the part of your employees to me.

Chemo and dialysis? Losing sight of the benefits? Babe, BioLife/Baxter make MILLIONS off of the plasma donated...they certainly don't do this out of the goodness of their hearts. You'd think that your company would treat the source of their income just a little better.

SERIOUSLY.
 28th of Aug, 2011 by   Get off your high horse 0 Votes
I believe you are both speaking out of ignorance for the situation. As a donor myself, I have to admit there is definitely room for improvement sometimes. The employees undergoing training do not mislead their donors by leading on, in any way, that they are fully trained. It takes time and practice to become a fully trained phlebotomist, as with any profession. There are enough donors who are understanding and patient of this truth to enable training to be continued. If you are too put out by a bruise on your arm, you should have the sense to inquire about the training level of your phlebotomist and simply request someone who is fully trained...Does the world make sense again?
 29th of Aug, 2011 by   PlasmaAvenger +1 Votes
Yep @ Brockman...they are. They are also cattle to the BioLife/Baxter machine. Given the source of the plasma would YOU feel comfortable using their products? That said, it is sad that Baxter does not screen patients better or treat the source of their product better.

@getoff... I do not speak out of ignorance. I know much more of the dealings behind the scene. As a donor, you are being shafted. BioLife makes millions from your plasma. BioLife is owned by Baxter. Google the phrase "Baxter Lawsuit Heparin". This goes toward the mentality of management at BioLife. BioLife pays very poorly and the training protocols used are suspect at best. It does not surprise me that donors are being bruised (and worse) in these centers.
 31st of Aug, 2012 by   lbj86 0 Votes
The first time I went to BioLife, they tried to test my veins (after keeping my there for almost an hour to run other test), and then told me that my veins were inadequate. But honestly, the tourniquet on my arm was so loose I could almost put a finger under it, so I really think it was their mistake. After this I was told I'd have to wait a year to come back and try again (a year?!).

The second time I went, two years later, the tourniquet went on right and my veins were fine, but I was denied because of a tattoo on my inner arm-- it wasn't a new tattoo but I was told it had to be more than three inches away from the inner joint. My other arm was totally fine, I don't understand why they couldn't have just tried on that side.

I feel like they're really quick to turn people away from providing something that's medically necessary for a lot of people, in situations where there's no reason for them to be.
 5th of Apr, 2013 by   brigster 0 Votes
BioLife sucks (and that is more than blood).

@twinkl04, your statement is very naive. I would not want a doctor that only has a 50% success rate on appendectomies cause he is still learning.

Also, Biolife did not let me choose a phlebotomist with experience. When I requested a specific person, I was told to "take who I get or leave". I then made the mistake of voicing my opinion of a this employee to another employee and was banned for good by the management. They certainly do NOT care about their donors and with enough bad word of mouth or publicity, they will have the light bulb go on.
 29th of Sep, 2013 by   JenniferLeigh1999 0 Votes
I'm on this website because I'm sitting at home, very sick and in pain, after being a BioLife 'donor' for only about six weeks. I've now all but lost the use of my arm, after a phlebotomist did something wrong on my second donation. They would never tell me exactly what happened, but a crowd of them gathered, with more and more experienced ones coming around, and finally gave up on that arm, switching to the other. His only concern was that I had 'messed up his 100% rate on sticks that day.' They truly treat donors like cattle! So about three weeks later, suddenly, i have about an 18" blood clot, swelling, red blotchy patches and severe pain in my left arm. They sent me to a doc-in-the-box place first, and I got a boatload of antibiotics to take. Two days later, when the pain and redness continued to spread down, and then up my arm, I had to go to the emergency room and spend six hours there. I have to go back to a doctor after the weekend. I'm hoping I don't lose my arm or even die as a result of this. The antibiotics are making me sick to my stomach, and the arm continues to get worse rather than better. I've been told the hard vein, which now runs the entire length of my arm from shoulder to wrist, may take months or years to go away, and that the pain may be permanent. I found a lawsuit online about that very thing. Believe me, as broke as I was and being told I was 'helping people' by donating, I'll *never* donate plasma again. I'd rather go hungry than go through all this for a few dollars on a ripoff debit card.

Fight Back Against Identity Theft