logo

Posted:    Star

Thrown out like trash

Binder and Binder
binderandbinder.com
In 2004 I hired Binder & Binder to handle my disability case. They claimed to be the #1 best Social security disability advocates. Well...to make a very long story short 3 years later my hearing was finally here. The reason for the 3 year delay was due to the fact Binder & Binder was not sending my doctors reports. I was told they wouldn't send anything that would hinder my case. Instead they just held it up. When I found that out I sent my records directly to social security dept. With in 3 weeks I had a hearing date. One week before my hearing date I received a phone call from BINDER & BINDER ... THEY WERE DROPPING MY CASE !!! I was told I would not win my case. They hung me out to dry !! I have a written letter from them saying they would not continue my case.
Although the out come for me was great... I won the case. I am receiving SS disability and I DONT OWE BINDER AND BINDER A DIME.

For any one who needs to file for ss disability... trust me you can do it yourself.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Nov, 2009 by   Sothere 0 Votes
I will tell you my personal experience from the "inside." Years ago I worked for these shysters. I was actually in a management position involved in oversight of two operating offices after having previously set up and opened a new office for them. I worked for them for nearly four years and was ultimatley not only responsible for office operations but client intake and my own case-load. I was being paid $32K per year. They pay their "staff" what amounts to little more than minimum wage. At that time case workers, often carrying a case load of 200 or so "clients" were making $20-22K per year. The case work is handled like the world's worst factory/sweat-shop/assembly line with little if any true concern for the clients well being. In addition to poor pay and absolute horrendous working conditions, most employees spent their time looking over their shoulder to see if the Binder's neice was anywhere in the vicinity as it was her duty to act as the "enforcer." If one was unfortunate enough to be on her s**t-list, your time on the payroll was short-lived. Simply put this outfit does not care about any of the preliminary stages of the SSD process other than shuffling the paper work. Their ultimate goal is to get the case in to court - ie. drag it out - so their "existence" is justified. I realized the Binders were making a fortune on other peoples misery; clients and employees alike, so I began to question what I saw, and promptly ended up a target on the s**t-list. They could not fire me, because I was the most effective person they had- bar none - and they had nothing on me. More importantly if they did fire me, I could collect unemployment and they were much too cheap for that. Eventually I resigned and went back to school. I have since helped friends and family alike win SSD cases on initial application just to prove to myself exactly what I knew to be true from the Binder's practice: Binder and Binder is irrelevant. The folks at SocSec are there to help you. If you provide the necessary medical information and if you meet their cirteria of disability, you can easliy win on your own.
 10th of Dec, 2009 by   almostthere 0 Votes
Thank you for your input... we were on our way to talk to them and if it had not been for this info- all our time would have been wasted.
 1st of Feb, 2010 by   pixiepoodle 0 Votes
My hearing is in a few weeks and up until I came across numerous negative comments about Binder and Binder today, I have been totally happy with their service. Yes, I did a lot of the work because I wanted to since the SS forms want info only the client knows, so why get on the phone with Binder and Binder and tell them the info, when I could do it faster myself and make sure it reflected exactly what I go through on a daily basis at home and at work before leaving my job. I think using them sped up my case as soon as they stepped in and got involved. Its only taken me 1 yr. and 3 mos. from when I first filed until my hearing. Since I worked for attorneys for over 25 years, I know how busy they are and most the time when clients called to find out the progress of their legal documents, they only got to talk to me since I was able to give them the answer they needed and it freed up the attorneys times so they could continue to bury their heads in their work. I have not had to pay for any reports or special doctors visits up front with the execption of paying $500 for a Functionality Capacity Evaluation by a phyical therapist at one of my doctor's suggestions. After getting that test, which is well worth every penny, I realized I didn't necessarily need representation since its proves just how bad my physical limitations are in addition to my mental ones. Hopefully, I will win my case after my hearing and I don't mind paying Binder and Binder's fee because I do feel they took good care of me and were always available to talk on the phone to me. If I don't win, I may be back on here with something different to say. Wish me luck.
 22nd of Feb, 2010 by   Jam123 0 Votes
Don't go to this law firm. I worked there five years ago and I quit because they cheated on my health insurance. They claimed that if employees voluntarily give up their health ins the company will convert the money otherwise used for health ins. and put them in our paychecks. I never got either the health insurance or extra money for three months after passing the three-month probation. I reported this to the office manager and he said I never submitted any paperwork to waive the insurance; however, I did on my first day of work! Since I was inexperienced enough not to retain all signed copies (I was a fresh grad back then) I couldn't show proof and get back my money. Also, the salary was barely minimum wage (I had a B.A. degree from UC) and the caseload was like 200 per month. I figured this was a dead-end job, along with "losing" my health insurance, I quit working there. Now that I'm making triple compare to 5 years ago, I'm glad that I made the right decision to quit Binder and Binder. So far, this has been my worst work experience working for this law firm. As to how the company treating the clients, oh they don't care about them at all. They would simply drop the case if the attorneys don't see any profit-making opportunities in it. One time I tried to help a client who almost died from suicide by going extra steps to fill in paperwork for them, as soon as the assigned attorney found out I was yelled like crazy saying I was wasting time in a case that probably would lose...PLEASE DO NOT USE BINDER AND BINDER!
 9th of Mar, 2010 by   DebiEstes 0 Votes
I also was majorly ripped off by Binder and Binder..I hired them while I was in the process of getting my disability. Already, 2.5 years worth of work had gone into my case. I had a hard time getting them on the phone, and when I did, someone NEW had my case and had no idea as to what was going on with it. I finally got fed up and took the case on myself. I won, and had fired Binder and Binder but they filed a garnishment of 25% against my earnings. Now I pay them 58 dollars a month for absolutely nothing that they did. The Social Security administration said they were very aware of their name and their practices of ripping people off but unfortunately could not reverse the levy on my account. I would not ever recommend these people. Please think twice before hiring them. They get you to sign a contract saying if you dont win they dont get paid. AND when you get mad that they do nothing and hire someone else they still have this contract and when the other attorney wins for you they will get the money for someone elses work. BUYER BEWARE!!
 14th of Jul, 2010 by   Michael Maderista 0 Votes
What do you expect from this company when Mr. Binder appears on TV ads wearing a cowboy hat with his business suit and tie? I'm not sure if the ads are all the same in every part of the country but here in Texas, that would be called pandering. It's blantant manipulation that doesn't fly well here.
 8th of Aug, 2010 by   jessica32771 0 Votes
Binder and Binder is NOT a law firm. If you want your case handled in a responsable manner hire a law firm, the smaller the better for you. I worked at Binder OMG dont go there!
 9th of Aug, 2010 by   Gbay man 0 Votes
When I see a attorney or group on TV ads. I stop and think to myself they are A) money hungry B) has a crapy rep to were they need work or C) greedy and want to get you in the door to make money. I always look around and ASK around before I hire anyone. Word of mouth is the best bet because most people will give you the truth about their experience. After I get a name of someone then I get on line and type the Attny or Firm in to see if they have complaints. I take some with a grain of salt but when you go groups of people then it is usally true. I always tell people to use you gut feeling and also I am filling for SSD and SSI and I always use someone local that way if they start to slack off I can stop by their office. Its a good idea from day one to make copies of everything you send them and a log of who, when and why you talk to on the phone. You have the write to write a letter to terminate a contract with a attorney and when it comes to the fee if you got all of your "ducks in a row" then it is normally up to you bar association to figure out a fee. If you don't like the fee the attorney sends you and if you make copies and a phone log of who all you call to HELP the atty out it can help you show that you did most of the leg work. Just a thought I am 29 and I am filing I don't think I will have a problem but you never know. I got 3 herniated disc, need back surgery, anixety, depression and chronic pancreatisis (which in the last 2 months spent 2 weeks in the hospital for it). The sad thing is its easier to get SSD with a mental problem than a physical problem. JUST REMEMBER USE YOU GUT IF IT SAYS NO OR SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT RUN!
 27th of Oct, 2010 by   muzrik2gr 0 Votes
I did the phone interview, and should be receiving their package/contract any day. I'm glad I read this, there will be no signature from me. I will represent myself!
Thanks
 12th of May, 2011 by   DM0619 0 Votes
I used Binder and Binder in 1994 and they helped me get my SSI and SSD. I had no problem s. Nothing like every one else
I am sad to hear all those story's.
 13th of Jun, 2011 by   consueloh 0 Votes
my husband won his case with binder and binder. they were very professional.
 3rd of Jul, 2011 by   AngVA +1 Votes
I found them to be very professional and courteous over the phone. See with SS the client doesn't have to be in constant communication with the representatives. Same with VA law. Everything can be done over the phone or mail. Its one of the best areas to practice because of this. The downside is that with SS and VA law there are factors that slow down the case. In VA law that hinderance is always the VA and their nonchalant attitude towards vets and so they hold up records. The other biggest obstacle is the number of cases. Binder& Binder and their sister company Rep for Vets cover the whole country and with the economy the way it is more people are seeking reprsentation. Rep for Vets has one office that cover thewhole country and their return time is phenominally fast for the caseload they have. Binder and Binder is a little slower but again the obstaces . Having dealt with this area before I have found that the cases are held up mostly due to waiting on docs from the client.
 24th of Oct, 2011 by   tbrat 0 Votes
I agree with everyone who has done business with Binder and Binder and agree that they DO NOT do their job in handling disability cases. I wanted Binder and Binder to represent me when I was going through breast cancer and depression. They disappointed me on how they handle my case, they had me doing all of the work like getting all of my medical records and I had to pay out of my pocket for that. A year later, I was still waiting on them to do something, I had to be the one who would always call to check on my case, they would never call and everytime, they were sending me to so many different doctors and I was denied twice so I called and ask them to close my case. A month later, they send me a letter stating that they do not any longer represent my case. Once I got my letter I went to talk to a lawyer in my hometown but when she read the letter she told me she could not represent me and no other lawyer would take the case because Binder and Binder would get a percentage even if the new lawyer win my case. I didn't think that was fair eventhough they were not sdoing there job, the next day I had to go back and ask them to take the case again but they wanted me to fill out another application and I refuse because it took them a month to send my letter but it only took me the next day to call them asking to continue my case which I was told that I was still in their system but that has been two months ago and I have not heard anything from them, so I do not know if they are still representing me but if not, I wish they would send me a letter stating that THEY no longer represent me and then I can go from there because they are really putting me through this depression for them not doing what they advertise on tv. Binder and Binder will not Bind their backs to help NOBODY and shame on them.
 24th of Oct, 2011 by   consueloh +1 Votes
I AM SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAD SUCH A HARD TIME WITH BINDER AND BINDER. THEY REPRESENTED MY HUSBAND WITH SOCIAL SECURITY AND WE WON. THEY WERE GREAT AND EVEN THOUGH IT TOOK A WHILE HE RECEIVED ALL HIS BACKPAY. I WOULD RECOMMEND BINDER AND BINDER.
 25th of Nov, 2011 by   another Former employee 0 Votes
I worked for them for almost 4 years. They do not think of their clients/employees as people at all. I discovered a mistake and tried to bring it to management's attention. It was ignored so I went to an attorney. When it was discovered by management I was "marked" for firing. My direct deposit was stopped and when I went to them to inform them after I discovered I had shredded live checks and not stubs I was told they had to wait to see if I "cashed them which could take weeks. I went to the union who made sure I had my check in two days. The day I received my check I was "fired". I would not recommend anyone work or use them ever.
 5th of Dec, 2011 by   Bert Eirney -1 Votes
I tried to get disability on my own. The doctors would not release my records to me. I had to hire a lawyer. Very sorry I hired Binder and Binder. They would not have any of my medical records without me calling my doctors to send them to Binder and Binder. Do not feel it is right that I had to stressed out. I have a court date next week. Still waiting for 2 doctor reports. So I am the one staying on top of everything. Caseworker tells me see called both doctors several times and left message. I happen to know there is no way to leave a message at doctor's office. Caseworker is lying to me about what see has done. I asked to speak with a lawyer in the office. That has helped! Caseworker knows I will call lawyer in the office if things on not moving like they should.
 8th of Feb, 2012 by   Disgruntled and angry 0 Votes
I am in the process of trying to obtain my ssd I really messed up when I hired Binder and Binder to represent me. I have been forced to obtain all medical records all history from employers and witnesses. I have sent them the documents registered mail return receipt and only when I tell them who actually signed for the packages can they find my paperword all of a sudden it is there. I have been transfered from pillar to post and back again. No representative seems to be on my case for long and no one seems to know what is going on. I have paid for every medical record my self and have then had to send numerous copies to them as they can not find the paperwork i sent. I have all my records and that seems to upset them greatly when I can tell them who had my records they either no longer work there or have been transfered. I am very unhappy with Binder and Binder and now say ' IF YOU ARE NOT INVOLVED WITH THESE PEOPE RUN RUN RUN AWAY FROM THEM. They have asked me 3 different times to sign a new fee agreement as they do not have my original and I send them a notorized copy of the original and they call and try yelling at me for not cooperating. They seem to only be interested in pushing people into new more expensive fee agreements or getting you to sign for them to get more money than agreed upon at first. KEEP ALL RECORDS NOTORIZE EVERYTHING AND NEVER SEND THEM AN ORIGINAL DOCUMENT. THEY WILL TRY AND EXTORT MONEY EVERY WAY POSSIBLE. I HOPE BINDER AND BINDER READ THIS I CAN PROVE EVERYTHING I HAVE PUT IN HERE AND HAVE CONTACTED A LAWYER AND AM SUEING THEM FOR MISREPRESENTATION AND FRAUD. THIS IS BASED SOLELY ON THEIR PAPERWORK AND PHONE CALLS I WILL POST HOW I SDO IN THE LAW SUIT AND WITH MY SSD.
 13th of Feb, 2012 by   awisewon 0 Votes
Binder and Binder are crooks they sell out their clients trade cases cause clients to loose most of their back pay sure they win but they won't appeal if your cheated after they sell you out to the judge in a secret meeting with the judge before you go into the court room. And dare you try to appeal on your own or think of trying to hire another attorney because 60 days is not even long enough for any other attorney even if you could fine one to prepare a appeal case. This is Conspiring, its obstruction of justice, its violations of civil rights its mental torture of disabled people its exploitation and gross abuse of disabled people its civil/criminal RECO ACT Violations. These people are crooks and a disabled dying person once they sell you out and cheat you out of most of your back pay dare you risk filing appeals on your own to the appeals council or making any complaints to anyone because after 6 years of fighting and waiting and countless close calls to death all you better do is take your little chump change check they left you with is run and hide in the darkest corner of earth you can find and pray to God their done abusing and exploiting you because if not your life as a disabled person will be made a living ongoing Hell until you finally do drop dead and they not longer have to pay you back the money you paid out all those years for nothing basically. Why well lets see SSI people working maybe a year tops get about 40 bucks less give or take than average workers who put in 25 to 35 years of labor with all these cheap low life employers who scam their employees and the gov out of every dime they can and have long been getting away with it and are never held accountable. Your reward for years of hard faithful labor your assets stripped from you and a far below poverty check and degrading and talked about like your the scum of the earth for becoming disabled by cheap low life employers who scam their way out of being held accountable A Typical of our Current States and Government Screw THE PEOPLE THEY ARE ALL EXPENDABLES TO BE KILLED AND MURDERED AND ABUSED AND BURNT UP LIKE TRASH UNLESS THEY LUCK OUT AND DIE AND CAN HAVE SOME HOW GOT THE ABILITY TO HAVE THEIR LOVED ONES BURY THEM.
 10th of Apr, 2012 by   BLESSED TO BLESS +1 Votes
I PRAY FOR THE COMPANY BINDER AND BINDER. I PRAY FOR HARRY BINDER AND CHARLES BINDER THAT GOD WILL TOUCH THERE HEARTS FOR THE BETTER. I SPEAK GOOD THINGS FOR THEM AND PRAY THEY CONTINUE TO BE SUCCESSFUL. IF YOU ARE A EMPLOYEE WHO WORKED FOR THEM, PRAY FOR THEM AND DO NOT SPEAK NEGATIVE THINGS. IF YOU DON'T LIKE WORKING THERE, GET WHAT YOU CAN AND MOVE FORWARD. I PERSONALLY WORKED THERE AND IT WAS A BLESSING. I WAS PUT THERE BY GOD FOR A SEASON AND I HAD A NICE TIME THERE. I GAINED EXPERIENCE AND WAS ABLE TO MOVE ON TO BETTER THINGS THANKS TO WHAT I LEARN. IF ANYONE, FROM THE COMPANY IS READING THIS GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOUR BUSINESS. I RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ALL WHO WANT A CHANCE AND EXPERIENCE.
 9th of Jun, 2012 by   Sue sk +1 Votes
I had Binder & Binder for my disability case in 2004.Social Security put me through hell!!! Binder & Binder were there for me every step of the way.
The day I got the paper from Social Security turning down my claim, I called them.Within 3 days, my claim was no longer denied, I had my disability.No problem. They did a great job.Yes I did a lot of work, like paperwork.But that's not a big deal, you always have to do some of these things.They are attorney's, they don't do everything for you.They do all they can, some things, you must do no matter what, like paperwork.
Yes, they will drop your case if they can't win it.Why waste not only their time, but yours?
They did a great job for me, always answered my calls, and my questions.They got me my disability, days after I was denied by Social Security.As a matter of fact, I believe it was Charles Binder, (my rep from Binder & Binder told me)who personally contacted disability when I was denied.Whatever he did, it worked.They saved my life with their help.I have & still will recommend them to anyone if I'm sure they really are disabled.
Thank you.