logo

Posted:    inetman

False Advertizing

bigspot.com
bigspot.com
Their TV commercial states that you'll be paid to complete surveys and "never pay a fee". VERY misleading. For one, THEY don't charge a fee, but they also don't offer anything at all.

You fill out a form & "get instant access to our FREE database of online survey companies" This "database" is just links to other sites. I gave up on the few surveys I tried because of the catches, like minimums that are hard to reach before you can ever receive any money.

What looked interesting at first were the secret shoppers. The pay looked OK to visit stores and restaurants, but the catch is you only get a summary of the assignment for free. You DON'T get the addresses and CANNOT get the assignment unless you pay a MONTHLY FEE!
Comments United States Online Surveys
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Jun, 2009 by   lala 0 Votes
Its tottally a scam it also mentions that its for all ages but then when it directs you to other online surveys you need to be over 18 years old...very misleading and false.Just because it came out on T.V does not mean it is legit!I just saw an ad come out on Nick for kids channel !Parents beware!!!
 18th of Jun, 2009 by   jimmieh 0 Votes
damn.well there goes that great idea.sure needed the extra...
 22nd of Jun, 2009 by   ChristyP 0 Votes
Im a mother of a 19 month old and is 3 months along with my second.My husdand works and I wanted to try to find something to make a little extra cash for us.I saw the add it looked ok, I went on it singed up and everything 3 days later I had 3000 spam mail in my inbox.I was only looking to work from home becouse its hard to find work where I live and I wouldnt have a babysitter and daycares well I dont care for them, I had the kids I need to raise them myself.I wish there was a work from home out there that we could trust!
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   finesse898 0 Votes
I am SO grateful that you all took the time to write your reviews and comments! I am disabled and was considering Big Spot as an option to earn some much needed money. Fortunately, I decided to research the company's reviews first. Thank you for your info. I will NOT waste my time.
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   jrg508 0 Votes
Im glad I read this.I had clicked on the url to find out..but then I saw this and read it first.Im so happy I did. Are there any real good work from jobs at home?
 25th of Jun, 2009 by   KryspyKlean 0 Votes
this is absolutely ridiculous. so far ive signed up on several freepaid surveys sites. some are pretty much legit except for the fact that whenever you get asked to take a survey half the time it says i dont qualify or they have enough people taking this survey. the the other times it just redirects you to another site which you have to put personal information in such as your email phone number etc. why would i wanna do that? i wouldnt be able to keep track of anything i sign up on? i write everything down for every site and im sick of having to do that and put in personal crap that internet sites shouldnt need. i will recommend a few sites that have a pretty good rep and ive tried out myself. the bad part is that no matter what site you go to you will rarely make much money. oh and p.s. anytime you sign up for anything for sites read the terms and conditions!! or else they charge you something you never agreed to. take a look at some of these:

surveyhead.com
americanconsumeropinion.com
focusline.com
greenfieldonline.com
epollsurveys.com
opinionoutpost.com
npdor.com (NPD OnlineResearch)
paidsurveysforyou.com

please if you find any decent free paid survey sites post the sites on here. thanks!
hope those help ^^
 29th of Jun, 2009 by   catcorisara 0 Votes
Try www.pineconeresearch.com They give you $3 for every survey you complete. It's legit and free, I use it. They don't require you to do a set number of surveys before you get any money either, you get a check, or PayPal deposit, every time. No spam.
 29th of Jun, 2009 by   marysailor 0 Votes
I was going to join, but after reading this, will not. I have tried various different survey sites & have only made money on one & that takes 1, 000 points for $10.00. That one is Paid Surveys, I think. I am going to try the survey site stated above. pineconeresearch.com as suggested by catcorisara.
 3rd of Jul, 2009 by   agiedoll72 0 Votes
I can recommend a survey site that I have been with for almost four years now: http://www.mysurvey.com it's free to join them. Most of their surveys start out at 10 points. But there are some that are higher. Once you reach 1000 points, you can request payment. It usually takes up to 3 weeks to get the check, but it does come and I haven't been disappointed with them yet.
 4th of Jul, 2009 by   foorever 0 Votes
Thanks to everyone who wrote their experience with Big spot.com.

My brother ask me to check this site out for him, so he could make him
alittle extra cash, since he is disable.

Do we have any honest companies left?
And thank you for the othe legit sites.

God Bless!!!
 8th of Jul, 2009 by   Ginger'smom 0 Votes
Seriously, thanks for the head's up. Please if anyone finds anything decent without all the b.s. please post it. The last thing we need is to be flooded with more spam than we already have. It sounds so simple- feel out their survey and get paid for it. Why all the tricky business attached?

Thanks again
 9th of Jul, 2009 by   heaven65078 0 Votes
I was going to sign up for this bigspot surveys. I am glad that I checked this first. I won't waste my time with them. I want to also point out one other site to watch out for but it is not a survey. It is a game site and it is called iWin.com. My computer has crashed twice because of their site. I have had to put out over 400 dollars because the hard drive was gone. I will not ever use them again. Please save yourself the problems that I had to endure because of this site.
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   Catgirl6 0 Votes
Thanks most sincerely to inetman and also to all of you who responded to his complaint. Like many of you I too am looking for ways to earn extra $$, preferably from home, saw the bigspot tv commercial, and was thisclose to signing up. I'm glad I decided to check out this post first! So many scams out there... sigh...
 18th of Jul, 2009 by   Dianna49 0 Votes
Just wanted to say thanks for all the post regarding BigSpot.com. I was about to go there and I saw this and I am so thankful I did. There are so many scams. I am arguing all the time with my husband because I keep trying these things for a few dollars and then they charge you a regular monthly fee. If anyone knows of a legit thing to make money online please let me know. Again thanks for all the info.

Thanks Dianna
 23rd of Jul, 2009 by   BigSpot Support -1 Votes
I represent bigspot.com and would like to provide some clarification around some of the complaints here. Our TV commercial provides a fact that market research companies do invest millions of dollars a year to offer cash and rewards to survey participants. This does not in anyway claim that you will become rich or be able to replace a source of income, it is merely a way to earn extra cash and/or have the opportunity to win prizes in the process. Furthermore, our website makes it completely clear what our service provides on the registration form, therefore, users have all the information about us directly in front of them prior to registering with us. To be clear, our service provides a free listing of online survey panels owned and operated by legitimate market research companies. We nor our clients ever charge any fees or require any kind of payment ever.

Clearly, I do not expect anyone to sign up with bigspot.com as a result of this posting, but I certainly hope that it does remove some confusion around our service.
 13th of Aug, 2009 by   Rlanders2009 0 Votes
Sounds like Bigspot is just like all the rest, Frauds!
thanks for the warnings. I wont wast my time. I am going to quit looking for something legitamate. I do not believe it exists online, been taken to many times.
 5th of Oct, 2009 by   MAWadham 0 Votes
BigSpot Support needs to ask some of the satified surveyer's to comment. Yeah, right, there probably aren't any! I want to warn you all about mindfind also it offers $1 for 10-15 with a chance to win other prizes, $3 for 25.40 minutes, etc... NEVER got a thing, in fact I have taken the whole survey and at the end it states, OH sorry, this survey is full! Why not inform me before I wasted my time. B---S--- they probably get everyone to fill out the survey and then like me don't pay a thing. I need the money, as do we all, but I'm sick an tired of giving soooo much time and then nothing. I appreciate each of you, except BigSpot's response. I'm going to try the 2 that say they have had some success. In the good ol' days you went to various locations, took the survey and got paid VERY WELL. I guess the only jobs available are government jobs and they are all taken by the lazy, unproductive, ... well, most. However I will say Harris County Clinics are 100% better, FEMA can go hang themselves!
 10th of Mar, 2010 by   safara 0 Votes
"To be clear, our service provides a free listing of online survey panels owned and operated by legitimate market research companies."

If this is true, then why was it not explained as such on the commercial? The commercial had viewers thinking that Bigspot.com was a survey company, not a listing of survey panels. This leaves a very bad taste in the mouths of people that signed up. Sounds like false advertisement to me as well.
 10th of Mar, 2010 by   terri30001 0 Votes
man i signed up once i saw it on tv and i was like most of the survey companies they had on there i already do.

man i did this for nothing. i have not received any surveys from them and hope not too.

i am thinking they want you to sign up for these other companies and they get paid to have you sign up from there website. it makes them look like they are the place to go to sign up for survey companies.

i do 12 different survey companies and some you do not always quailfy for and some take forever to get points i do some alot then others and do product testing. and get points enough to get checks, giftcards, and some companies do paypal

i like opinion outpost

pinecone research

american consumer panel

ipsos-i-say

viewpoint

valued opinions

lightspeed panel
 7th of Jul, 2010 by   Renderface06 0 Votes
I am glad I looked on here . I have never heard of Bigspot.com, but I do Pinecone Research and they pay you $3 for every survey you do. They also send it through paypal which is very nice.
They do have household surveys they do, but you don't get paid for those. Only the product ones.

Tips How to Save on Moving Costs