logo

dresswe.com
No communication at all
3. (22 mins ago)
Etihad Airways
No food provided on board
4. (24 mins ago)

Returns

Bella Terra Cosmetics
Hurst, Texas
bellaterracosmetics.com
I purchased some foundation powder a few months ago. The price I was quoted was "about $60" from the thick accented sales woman. Pretty expensive i thought. I bouht it and during the purchase i got a phone call. I gave her my card and she quickly shoved the sales receipt in the bag. I pulled out my receipt not 20 feet from the stand and saw that my total with tax was $75. The makeup was 69.99. So i quickly walk back to return it, just to expensive for my taste. I politely explain that i didn't realize it would be that much, i would like my money back. She poped her gum gave me this hellish look and gave me a business card and said "sorry, no returns" and walked away to the mall doors, leaving me at the empty stand. So i call the headquarters and after about the 7th time of being put on hold, and hung up on, i gave up. There's no sign saying "no returns" just on my crumbled receipt in tiny letters on the back.
Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Nov, 2009 by   CrysO 0 Votes
I agree...I was harassed by a pushy sales woman with a thick accent who practically snatched my card while I was still trying to decide. She never mentioned anything about the no return policy, needless to say. To my dismay, I came home and checked online and you can get these products on eBay for about half the price of the mall. There goes $60 down the tube... :(
 18th of Dec, 2009 by   Flygirl620se 0 Votes
I had a similar experience. Extremely pushy sales staff but I love the way the products looked and felt on my skin. I spent $715.00 "discounted" from $975.00. When I went on the company website I discovered I could buy direct for less than 1/2 of what i paid!!! What a HUGE ripoff. The products are fantastic but I cannot support a company that conducts business this way! Tell all your friends, I am!
 31st of Jan, 2010 by   mall_shopper 0 Votes
I find myself in the same situation as the others who have posted. I was approached in the mall by a strongly accented woman and got pushed into a salespitch. I admit, I like the way the makeup looked but felt very uncomfortable about how prices were not clearly posted. The woman did have a laminated card (not posted anywhere near the products) with prices but she was very quick to provide "special deals, " such as throwing in an extra lip balm, etc., for me because I was "such a good customer." I think I got out of there pretty cheaply with only spending about $30 but later returned to exchange the lip balm (wasn't really something I needed) for an eye color. This time, there was a strongly accented man working the kiosk (not sure why the salesclerks all happen to be accented, coincidence or is this something the company does to make the makeup seem more exotic?) and he was very good about letting me exchange the product but then starting pushing me on skincare products. I guess I'm pretty weak, but I consented to buying the exfoliating gel...until I learned it was $140.00!!! Of course, I learned this as he was ringing up my purchase...I had thought he said $40.00 (the accent made it hard for me to understand). When I balked at such a price, he tried to negotiate with me -- after him offering me several prices I told him I'd pay $40.00, since that's what I thought he said, and he said "OK, but that was a special deal for me only." I'm thinking that these mall kiosks are a scam...that the salespeople are wheeling and dealing for any price they can get. I do like the products, but these kinds of sales practices really bother me and hurt any reputation the company is trying to build.
 7th of Feb, 2010 by   WiserWoman 0 Votes
I just returned from the mall after being railroaded by apparently the same thick accented sales person as all of the above complaints. First of all I hate being grabbed by the wrist and forced into a chair as I'm minding my own business just trying to to get my mission accomplished. Honestly, I only understood about half of the conversation due to the accent and how fast she spoke.

I didn't mind her showing me the product on my hand but without even asking me (or maybe she did and I didn't understand her) she proceeded to take the makeup off of half of my face and apply the moisturizer and powders. She asked me what I thought and grilled me about what I was using and why this is so much better. The only thing I noticed was that half of my face was sparkling and the other half wasn't.

After 15 minutes and knowing my poor husband had been standing there the whole time I thanked her and said I needed to get going. She was relentless. She was just trying to "do a nice thing for me" by throwing in free eye color with the $69.00 foundation that will last me a year. I kept trying to explain that I just bought new foundation and I'm not impulsive about things like this. She then tried the "I just opened here and I'm trying to get started" approach and when that didn't work she went back to "just pick another eye color and I'll give you both for the price of one". She was not giving up so I had to walk away.

At this point no matter how amazing the product was I would never buy it and I'm glad I went with my gut instinct. Thank you for letting me vent my frustration!!!
 8th of Feb, 2010 by   Makeupjunkie 0 Votes
I went through the same as WiserWoman, I was pulled over by one of the salespersons. I let her try it out on me, but when she told me the price I thought that was just too high! I let her apply it all to my face and I told her that I would just wait and see how the Foundation works on me throughout the day. I must say that I loved it, but the down side was $69.00 for it. I decided to go online, and come to find out you can get it on ebay for a wondeful price. I have now bought a few Bella Terra Cosmetics from ebay. If you love the product I recommend buying it on ebay.
 9th of Feb, 2010 by   Makeupfiend 0 Votes
This happens to me all the time, as I work at the mall. They will push as much as they can, and it does get a bit harder to say no sometimes. You just need to be firm on all you can spend and then you can end up getting great deals, even less than ebay or online. I got the foundation for less than 40, and a blush for 30. If they are pushy, be pushy back. Don't let their accents get ya. They will try to make you end up spending more by bringing more products in the picture for an "unbelievable price, " but if they won't take it down as much as you want, I guarantee another salesperson there will. I personally spoke with one at one point, and I kid you not they think us Americans are very gullible. Show them you're not and they'll work with you.
 14th of Feb, 2010 by   unethicalbussinesspractice +2 Votes
I have reported the selling practices to the BBB and to Bella Terra, as the same has happened to me...pushy saleswoman, shoving the receipt in my bag and over charging me by $30.00. Have not been contacted by the company and I feel the unethical business practices by the company should be made public. No one should buy their products!
 28th of Mar, 2010 by   Jo24 +2 Votes
I had the same situation with this product. I guess I was really ripped off. I was asked so many times by the saleslady with a thick accent (hmm.. same everywhere I guess), finally, I tried their foundation. It was okay but not as good as Bare Minerals which is lighter yet covers imperfections. Anyway, after trying it on, I thanked the saleslady.. and she said the price was $69. I was shock with the price knowing that they are only at a kiosk and not at Nordstrom (etc.), I would not buy this product. Then she started saying she would give the foundation brush for free - a brush without a brand name printed on it? Isn't there should be Bella Terra on it since that's what they are selling? I bought the product anyway since she already wasted her time putting make up on me. Then she said to try on the 9-stack eyeshadow - can be lip gloss, eyeliner, etc. She gave it to me for $40 at first. I said foundation was enough. Then she said to take it for $20 - and there I was, took it for $20. They gave me a receipt - a receipt without their company name printed - a receipt that you can buy from any office supplies but with a No Refund stamped on it. Now, thinking about it, this is an unknown product with high end price! I would not buy this again. I will use the remaining foundation and my untouched eyeshadows. I see the same situation with Corioliss product - hair straightener/curler that were sold at Kiosk by heavy accents salesperson.
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   Shon Slaughter 0 Votes
Same thing here, it was two pushy salesmen's tho it took them 30 min's or so to convince me. I was really trying to leave but they kept cornering me until I broke. Now I feel reaped off cause they told me the cleanser, the toner and the moisturizer was all $60 a piece gave me a small discount in comparison to the real price and they also charged me a really high price foundation and blush. I found the products online for half the price. I must say its the best skin match that I ever found but how can you trust such an inconsistent company like this. I didn't even get a real receipt and it had no refund stamp on it which was shoved in my bag as well. Are these products even as natural as they say they are? They say its more natural than Bare Minerals is this true?
 7th of Apr, 2010 by   daisy2977429 0 Votes
I as well was duped by the thick accented woman at the mall and no matter how I tried to tell her no she kept pushing and pushing I did however manage to get alot of product for only $325 bucks because I kept debating with her and after looking at the website I did see that I scored on all the product I recieved...but by the time I got home knowing my husband was going to kill me I decided as I was balling my eyes out and dry heaving into the toliet that I would return it the following day. And as many of you have experienced I to was never told all sales are final I got my recipt out to call this woman and on the bottom in tiny letters it said ALL SALES ARE FINAL! I cannot believe the odasity of the sales people representing this company they make you feel so good and tell you all the things you want to hear then rip you off I will never ever go to thru this company again!!!
 9th of Apr, 2010 by   dissatisfied customer in TEXAS 0 Votes
Add me to the sucker list, as I too have bought from them and paid the $69.95 ($75.76) amount, and now am stuck with the product. Only I can’t use it. I can only exchange it with a doctor’s note and I’m not going to put it on again just to get a note for them to exchange for $75. in brushes I don’t need either. But I will warn people about their scam, and their ridicules policy, and how they over charge you.
 14th of Apr, 2010 by   SUCKEREDONE 0 Votes
I have yet to find the prices for lower, but I honestly haven't looked hard. I was jipped by a guy at a kiosk. He was upfront about the no return/exchange policy, then quoted me 69.99 for the foundation then I said no I can't it is too expesive. He docked it to 39.99 and then the brush he did for 14.99 [which I only bought because I had been looking elsewhere and only shedding more expensive brushes] I looked at their website and it was more expensive it was 69.99! Ridiculous pricing, decent product, horrible service. I will admit I still felt I got suckered because I read a woman got her foundation at 29.99 and a brush at 9.99!! UGH!! Next time they play by my rules or I will not purchase anything at all.
 2nd of May, 2010 by   coffeebean17339 0 Votes
Oh my gosh! We all have the same complaints. These salespeople work you over, keep trying to make some deal, won't let you go and finally end up selling you the product. While I do basically like the foundation, eye shadow and brush it is was too expensive for me and I felt very bad for having given in to the accented saleslady. She says the foundation should last me 2 years. Did anyone else hear that? She used such a tiny bit on me but I find myself having to use more so it no way will last close to that.
 19th of May, 2010 by   cmcgalrd 0 Votes
Has anyone been successful with getting a refund? I was overcharged for my products and cannot get a call back.
 20th of May, 2010 by   slimthangoo 0 Votes
OMG...this is too funny I was also forced to buy the product which was way too expensive...I first purchased the milk face wash and the powder, but ended up returning the facewash and received the eyeshadow collection instead...I had to call the corporate office and the told me to go back wit my receipt but I would not get my money back...I did and I got something else...the lady who sold me was very pushy, but sweet...she told me that my powder is goin to last about a year and it did I purchased last year around Mid August and I am jus on my last...I do think the prices are way too high, but the product is great I luv it...
 9th of Jul, 2010 by   traceyp1 0 Votes
Same I had a very charming Man, I didnt spend as much as some of you above, I told him I didnt have my card on me and he got a bit snippy, any way the sales people dont need to do the hard sell, the product is relly nice, i will buy more but I will do it on Line, If they sold it a bit cheaper in the mall without the pressure selling, they would move so much more product, My daughter now wants some, We have to avoid the spot were they have set there stall up now .
 10th of Jul, 2010 by   Gfer95 0 Votes
I went on their website. It turns out that if you try to open your own business they will help you hire people from Isreal to man your sales force. So that is where your accented individuals come from.
 25th of Jul, 2010 by   Maryland Girl 0 Votes
Same here, I bought foundation, blush and eyeshadow..because I am such a special customer she wispered very low and said for 10 more dollars I will throw in eyeshadow but the brushes were extra. Then pushed me into exfolliating gel, moisterizer and toner. She threw in lip balm and base for eyeshadow. She had a thick accent and was very nice, but very good at selling. I wish I would have walked away, but I cant blame her for doing her job. She was pushy but I like the product. I am going to give it a chance she didnt hold a gun to my head. I just got the stuff 2 days ago. I came to the internet because I forgot the instructions for the exfoliator.
As a final thought all the employees must be trained the exact same way since all the complaints are the same, We all cant be going to the same mall...

Maryland girl at Delaware Mall
 29th of Jul, 2010 by   Yoyoma 0 Votes
Just got suckered into it today. I had the intention of geting a free mini-makeover and did not want to be presseured into buying stuff but oh-well, I guess at 16 I haven't experienced the real pushy attitude of a salesperson. Thankfully my reciept doesn't say no refunds. I got the foundation for 35 after she made me swear i wouldnt tell anyone, and again she has a thick accent. On the plus side she lied to me, just like the other two men who tried to get me to sit with them at different times. They lied about their nationality to try and make a sale. I was disgused by that and feel cheated because of the liars. Anyways, when i returned home my parents insisted that my skin was so much better than the makeup, and honestly when the salesperson was "interrogating me" she was shocked that I wasn't wearing any makeup, but proceeded to insist that I would "get married with this makeup". What nonsense is this to be saying to a 16 year old? She really ticked me off and I'm hoping to return the makeup, because as my parents said I have fresh skin and proceeded to taunt me for being a sucker. Please, don't make the same mistake. DON'T BUY IT FROM THE MALL!
-----Memorial Mall, Houston TX
 1st of Aug, 2010 by   angel<3 0 Votes
I have to LOL on this. I, too, am a sucker. Unfortunately, I actually had a friend who already had purchased a product (and a friend of hers too) who later told me her friend paid about the same or less and got more products than I did. I wish she said that out loud with the "accented lady" around. Well, I paid a bit more than some posts but hopefully the product will work out. How sad that I decided to 'google' this company and this is the first link it leads me. I hope it turns out good for me, lasts about 2 months or so, then it'll just be like I spent at lancome or estee lauder... ah... it happens to the best of us... haha

The Galleria, Houston.