logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Balfour.com
Balfour's website is useless!
2. (30 mins ago)
Thrive Extreme Health
Seller didn't inform to cancel subscription
3. (35 mins ago)

Posted:    megan1977

Management/Store overall

Belk
North Carolina
My family and I were shopping here at our local Belk store here in Lexington. I am pretty sure this girl we came across was a member of management, she carried a phone on her side. I noticed she was texting someone with her personal cell phone out in the open and then took pictures of an item and from the looks of it she was sending that picture to someone. I think this is very very unprofessional especially for a member of the management team, you are supposed to be what your employees look up to. From my experience in the work force, I have never ever been allowed to carry my cell phone with me while working. We never received a hello or even have her to acknowledge us, her phone sure was her center of attention that day. While continuing to walk around the store, you could tell the employees were much unhappier than other times we had visited... I have no clue what is going on but things need to change, the store is messy and looks like a clearance store or a Walmart shopping center, heck Walmart looks better than this store does. Not a good shopping experience, I will not return. I have also canceled my Belk Charge as wel
Comments United States Retail Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Jul, 2010 by   megan1977 0 Votes
Also when I asked to speak to the store manager we were told she was not there and never is on weekends.
 9th of Jul, 2010 by   AShopper 0 Votes
She is a 'New' Manager and the Store Manager before her was very nice and friendly. Knew how to trent employees and was hard worker. Store has gone down hill and I will tell my friends to go elsewhere.
 9th of Jul, 2010 by   megan1977 0 Votes
It is just sad that now if we want to go shopping we have to take our business out of our county. I know it is hard taking on a position like that but they needed to make sure she knew what she was doing before offering her such a job.
 26th of Jun, 2011 by   HurtEmployee 0 Votes
I was hired into the belk store in Flowermound Texas. As a male I was expecting to work in a department that understood that and allowed me to work comfortably. I found out the next day they would like me to work in the "Today's Women" section and "Small childrens". I made several complaints to my manager, store manager, and H.R.( who were all Women) about the awkwardness of having to retrieve clothing from the women's fitting rooms to do my job. Having a relative that has worked for this particular location since it's grand opening in 2007, she can vouch that there has never been a male employee working in the Men's department. Not only do i feel demasculated by the all Women store staff members that surround me, i feel down right embarresed approaching women and their small children as a 23 year old. I think the store may be sexist.
 20th of Jul, 2012 by   goggyholic 0 Votes
Quit, you unappreciative jerk.. You make me puke! Maybe the women that work in the mens' dept. or the men that work in womens' shoes should file a sexual harrassment suit. Yeah, play the sexist or the racist card--or here's a crazy idea--do a good job and move up to another department. Go to McDonald's...
 20th of Jul, 2012 by   goggyholic 0 Votes
Perhaps a member of the visual staff-required to send pictures of their completed work. OR, as we in a college town are subjected to--the retail merchandising students...If a Belks employee does not immediately approach you, stop hiding, and approach them. YOu are right, but dang--it's an understaffed world. However, , I am sure they would love to help you...Lighten' up...

The Coming 1099 Tsunami