logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
AT&T
AT&T doesn't care for loyal longtime customers
2. (7 mins ago)
Union Workers Credit Services
Pre-Approved Credit
3. (13 mins ago)
BB&T Bank
They will flat ruin you!
4. (16 mins ago)

Batteries Plus

Posted:    PakL86

Rip off

Batteries Plus
My experience with batteries Plus started when I called the store to see if they had a replacement battery for me Dell D820 Laptop. I was told yes that they had a replacement battery made by Rayovac COM10005 for $115.99. We drive 30 minutes across town to purchase (2) Rayovac COM10005, for my Dell D820. Once we get to the store the young lady that I spoke to on the phone were busy, so the manager Ken waited on me. Ken the store manager charged me $125.00ea., and then I said no I was quoted $115 over the phone. He went on to tell me that I was quoted the wrong price, until I told him by law he had to sell it to me for the price quoted. At this point I should have known that, there were problems to come. For 2 weeks with this new battery, now my laptop is turning off with no warning. I took it back to the store that was closer to me, only 15 minutes away. I walked in and the manager Ken that over charged me is now at this store. I told it that there is a problem with the battery and wanted a refund; he refused to give me a refund. I asked for an exchanged and he refused an exchange as well. He stated that if there is a problem with the battery, which he needed to send it back to Rayovac to have it tested. I asked at this time what do you expect for me to us meanwhile, he said oh well. So I asked for the 800-number and he said why do I need that? I called the 800-number and they called Ken the store manager and told him to replace the battery. She told me if the laptop still shuts down it could be my laptop. Since I use this for business, I had to call dell to get them to replace the motherboard and AC Adapter. After doing all of this I am back to the same problem, which a battery that doesnt do a full charge and shutdown whenever it feels like it. Doing this time pulling the battery out to reset the laptop the battery fell and has a very small crack but still works. Batteries Plus in Richmond, VA refuses to take it back, for a refund. I have called the 800-number for batteries Plus and they care less and tell me that the store is following company policy. We I am looking to sue batteries plus for selling batteries that have known problems that do not work with Dell Latitude laptops.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Feb, 2010 by   BatSvc 0 Votes
All Rayovac-branded laptop batteries sold by Batteries Plus carry a full 1 year warranty. Some testing is required for warranty, but can usually be accomplished quickly in-store with the customer's cooperation. Batteries Plus also offers over 300 stores nationwide to service any warranty needs.

In addition to the initial decision to exchange the untested battery with a new one, this customer was notified the morning of the 28th that we would refund his money in full. Both decisions required the approval of either the owner or myself, and were not within the authority of the store manager. This was done despite the more than minor physical damage to the battery. Our goal at Batteries Plus is to offer exceptional customer service at all times.

Any of our customers in Richmond or Charlottesville, Va with any complaints or concerns regarding the service they have received in our stores is welcome to request my e-mail to contact me directly, or can provide the store with their contact information so that I may contact them.

Keith Eigler, BatteriesPlus - Central Virginia I www.batteriesplus.com
CHARLOTTESVILLE: 55 Albemarle Sq, VA 22901 I vox: 434.964.1999
MECHANICSVILLE: 6493(E) Mechanicsville Tpk, VA 23111 I vox: 804.730.8500
RICHMOND - WEST END: 9422 W. Broad St, VA 23294 I vox: 804.934.0200
RICHMOND - SOUTHSIDE: 10461 Midlothian Tpk, VA 23235 I vox: 804.320.7707

For concerns about other Batteries Plus locations we would encourage you to forward your specific issue directly to our Corporate Customer Service Team, which can be reached M-F : 7:30am–7:00pm Central Time at 800.677.8278 or via e-mail at customersupport@batteriesplus.com
 17th of Apr, 2012 by   INeedARealBatteryReview 0 Votes
I came here for a battery review, and instead I received the complaints of a disgruntled, poorly informed customer who deflected his/her problems on the store and its manager. It's not the store's fault the computer was malfunctioning to begin with, and this person shouldn't complain because the world isn't waiting on him hand and foot.
 27th of Sep, 2013 by   keitheiglersucks 0 Votes
Actually, any customer would get much better service if Keith Eigler the incompetent, stupid idiot didn't work anywhere near a battery store. Him and his ugly monster of a girlfriend pretty much do a daily brief walk-though of the stores and act like they own the place, which they don't. Keith doesn't work. He likes to pretend like he works. He basically just rides from store to store complaining about how much his monster of a girlfriends' body odor is that particular day. He also likes to give customers a hard time.

he knows nothing about batteries or how to run a store, he dresses extremely funny, and he smells bad.

Avoiding Mortgage Scams