logo

RaggleRock Cattery
No fertility guarantee
2. (2 mins ago)
Walmart
Greeter not doing her job.
3. (3 mins ago)
employees/missing child

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Bath & Body Works Wallflower, Millry, Alabama Complaints & Reviews - Product leaking on furniture

Bath & Body Works Wallflower Contacts & Informations

Bath & Body Works Wallflower

Posted: 2011-01-01 by    kb in alabama

Product leaking on furniture

Millry, Alabama
I received a Bath & Body Works Wallflower as a gift from a co-worker a couple of weeks ago. I plugged the unit in the wall and the smell was so strong that my husband complained about it. I then took the unit out of the wall and laid it on my bedroom vanity. A couple of days later, I was bothered by the strong smell so I moved it to my guest bedroom and laid it on an anitque dresser my mother gave me. When I returned to work after Christmas, one of my co-workers said her Wallflower had leaked on her dining table and took the finish off and to make sure we didn't lay ours on any furniture. When I got home, I went to check and make sure mine wasn't and it had leaked out a big spot about 8 inches in diameter and when I wiped it, the paint came off of my antique dresser. I then went and checked the vanity where I had placed it before I moved it and it also had a place about four incehes in diameter where the wallflower had leaked out fragrance and the paint came off on this piece of furniture as well. This is very upsetting to me because my mother gave me both of these pieces of furniture and both will have to be refinished. If you can't take a fragrance unit out of the wall and lay it somewhere, what are you supposed to do with it? I would not recommend this product to anyone. If I had purchased the product myself, I would request a refund but since it was a gift, I still wish I had my furntiure refinished since it is ruined!
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Jan, 2011 by   pobarjenkins +1 Votes
You can put it in a box or something.
 1st of Jan, 2011 by   Shannon36535 +1 Votes
Sounds as though since you used the product in an improper manner the complaint should be against yourself.
 7th of Feb, 2011 by   irlanda -2 Votes
any product that is this toxic should be made so it is spill proof, just because the company writes a little notation in such small print no one will notice think they will cover themselves...poor design, they are lucky no one is suing them. Beware, do not purchase product until this is corrected.
 7th of Feb, 2011 by   irlanda -2 Votes
totally agree with above comment
 7th of Feb, 2011 by   pobarjenkins +2 Votes
"the person who states the product was used improperly must be getting a paycheck from the company" Yep, because if you disagree, you must work for them. No one in their right mind would have a different opinion unless they were getting paid for it. Idiot. While you're at it, why don't you complain about your open soda spilling when you turn it on its side?

By they way, you are even dumber for agreeing with yourself on your own account.
 7th of Feb, 2011 by   Shannon36535 +1 Votes
I claimed it was used improperly because this woman sat a product filled with liquid on its side on an antique piece of furniture and left it there for days when it is meant to be plugged in straight up and down in a socket in a wall. I do not work for the company nor get a paycheck . That is my opinion to her complaint. If you dont think that is her fault and not a product or a company complaint then you need to grow up and are part of the problem with this country and the bunch of overgrown children who are just whiny adults who need to be catered to instead of using common sense, or reading simple directions printed in english on the product you paid for. Its called consumer responsibility. Buy a product and use it the way it way made to be used.
 25th of May, 2011 by   P-Princess 0 Votes
Don't just lay anything anywhere that has a liquid in it. Common sense.
 16th of Dec, 2011 by   John D Thornton 0 Votes
Had the same problem, it leaked and ruined the finish on table.
Presently am filing a complaint with Company
Everyone who has a problem should do so at the following email address !!!

BBW Client Relations bbwcommunications@lasenza.com
 8th of Feb, 2012 by   miffys 0 Votes
I had my wallflower plugged into the wall, upright, as it is supposed to be used, and it leaked down the wall and onto my newly finished hardwood floors, destroying both the paint and the stained floor. I just had the floors done three weeks ago, so I'm pretty ticked off. The one in my hallway didn't leak onto the floor, but when I checked it, the paint above it was bubbled on the wall. I had several, and got rid of them all. I wouldn't recommend or purchase this product ever again.
 26th of Apr, 2012 by   Storetroll 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. By the way, the Wallflower can be plugged in vertically OR horizontally by design and description -- so I guess I assumed I could, you know, put it horizontally? But not only did it bubble off the paint on a window sill due to my "error" of assuming I could set it on its side, I also noticed bubbled paint on the wall where it was plugged in "correctly". Horrible product and design, if you want to blame consumers for sucky products, I guess that's your prerogative.
 23rd of May, 2012 by   TrueGA 0 Votes
The oil in the wallflower has to be toxic. My kids unplugged mine and sat it on the dresser. Needless to say, the oil has removed a large spot of paint off the dresser!
 13th of Nov, 2012 by   jlsm1 0 Votes
We were visiting our daughter. My wife was helping vacuum when she laid a wallflower on its side on a white painted shelf. The product leaked and removed the paint. I sanded the shelf and found that the oil had impregnated the wood. I called the company and was informed that they would not tell me what to use to draw the oil from the wood nor would they give any advice on how to repair the shelf. They immediately referred me to their insurance company. The insurance company called and said that since they had inserted a disclaimer in the original box that the wallflower came in they were not responsible for the design error, but they would give us a fifty dollar gift certificate if we would sign a waiver from suing. I sealed the shelf with a sealer/primer and repainted the shelf. The paint would not dry. I have removed the paint, tried to remove the oil with alcohol and have resealed with an alcohol based primer. I am waiting to see if the oil comes back through primer now before repainting. Terrible product, terrible customer relations, poor product design. A class action suit should be started. Nearly everyone we have talked to has had some similar experience.
 16th of Nov, 2012 by   deadwallflowers 0 Votes
Brand new never been opened 2 pack ruined my dining room table. I hate these things. Never even opened it.. My wife received these as a gift and they sat on the table overnight. When I started cleaning up for her birthday party, I discovered they had leaked and turned the table finish to goo. I could understand if it were inserted into the wall receptacle and then moved. But still in the package unused and leaking is just piss poor packaging and design.
 2nd of Dec, 2012 by   Tagibber 0 Votes
I unplugged my wallflower because I didn't like the smell. I laid it on the dining room table and left if for a couple of days before putting it in a drawer. It's been a few days and my husband just put his hand on the tablecloth, noticing it is sticky. There is a 12 inch diameter sticky spot on the table and some of the finish is gone. I called the store and asked how to get the sticky stuff off. They said there is no way to get it off but I can try hairspray or goo-gone. I am so upset...this is our dining room table!! Any ideas how to get it off? I am thinking that if this product is so toxic that it takes the finish off a table, it is too toxic for us to be breathing!! There are a lot of studies out there that say breathing this stuff can cause eye and skin irritants as well as respiratory problems. I will be returning mine to the store and sad to say, no longer using this product, which I love! Too dangerous in my opinion!
 28th of Jan, 2013 by   Mrtman 0 Votes
same thing happened to me. the oil ruined the finish on a $1, 000 dining room table
 18th of Feb, 2013 by   carefreepanda 0 Votes
I had a terrible experience last Friday. My husband had laid the wallflower on my vanity. Some of it had leaked on my eye makeup brush. I thought my brush was just damp from water from the sink. I applied eye makeup to both of my eyelids. Within 5 minutes my eyelids were BURNING beyond belief. My husband was beside himself as he didn't know what to do to help me. I ran water over my eyes for about 25 minutes. Today is early Sunday morning and I still have a tingling feeling and my eyelid puffiness is still slightly there. It feels like someone has taken sandpaper and run it over my eyelids over and over. I cannot sleep thinking of what could've happened if this had touched my grandchildren's skin! I just emailed customer service. We will see what kind of response I get from them.
 27th of Mar, 2013 by   bvac65 0 Votes
Has anyone received any responses from customer service? I received an order in the mail and place the packages of Wallflowers on my dining room sideboard only to discover today that one of the packages had leaked out and removed a large area of the finish. I am heartsick - this dining room furniture was passed down to me from my great grandparents. I have contacted Bath and Body Works but no response yet.
 8th of Apr, 2013 by   Maschio2 0 Votes
My daughter laid her wallflower on dresser, spill and poof all the paint GONE. Talked to BBWs insurance and they offered same deal $50 in exchange for release. The problem being these units do not STAND UP. Very dangerous class action sounds very winnable.,
 24th of Apr, 2013 by   lisakat 0 Votes
My cleaners came today and unfortunately unplugged my wallflower and plugged it back in again--but this time upside down. It dripped down onto my baseboards and wood floors. I am grateful the wood floors don't seem to be damaged but it is eating through the paint on my baseboards and I'm not sure how to correct it. I tried a little dishwashing liquid--nope. Tried 'goo gone'--nope. Tried sanding it--too gooey. What am I supposed to do to fix this?

Positive & Negative Sides of Customer Service