logo

1. (1 hr 0 mins ago)
Olx
Remove my Number and Ad too
2. (2 hrs 32 mins ago)
BE AWARE ! DONT BUY THIS SOFTWARE !
3. (2 hrs 40 mins ago)
Glynis Austin Properties
Real Estate Scammer
4. (2 hrs 44 mins ago)
www.hellopoetry.com
Someone broke my account and no help from the admins
5. (3 hrs 27 mins ago)
JDM Tiger Japanese Auto Parts Ltd.
missing parts to engine

Posted:    Sylvain

fraudlent credit card charges

Barton publishing
cureyourgout.com
These companies/web sites are running scam
Barton publishing
www.cureyourgout.com
www.wellnesswatchersmd.com
Please be careful if you want to buy something from them. They will rip you off and pass you credit information to each other for fraudulent charges.
Comments United States Books
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Nov, 2008 by   Joe Barton 0 Votes
This is simply incorrect and false. Nobody is forced into the wellness watchers offer, it can be declined simply by clicking "No" on the offer page.
 23rd of Nov, 2008 by   Brent Book 0 Votes
I purchased two e-bo0k's from Barton Publishing and was charged on my credit card at "Barton Publishing". The next two months I was charged $29.95 by WellnessWatchersMD. I have no idea what these charges are related to, but I certainly won't be ordering ANYTHING from Barton Publishing in the future, especially since they were the only puchase I made on my card other than my local gas station. Also, I intend to cancel my credit card to stop these unauthorized charges to my account. Although I thought (and sincerely hoped) Barton's information was viable, I'm beginning to believe it's just a scam to illegally collect and bill unsuspecting customers' credit cards! Buyer beware and watch your credit card statements if you decide to deal with this company.
 27th of Jan, 2009 by   Joe Barton 0 Votes
Hi - this is Joe, the owner of Barton Publishing. We process several hundred transactions per day, and every so often someone doesn't read an offer but clicks "YES" anyway and then complains that they've been ripped off.

So I must disagree with Mr. Book about unauthorized charges - he simply failed to read the terms of what he agreed to.

You can visit the website of our Wellness Watchers MD promotion and see that the terms of service are clearly explained - not even in small print:

The customer must click "YES" in order to agree to the free-trial offer from Wellness Watchers MD. If "NO" is clicked, they will never be billed by Wellness Watchers.

So though I would agree with the "buyer beware" statement of Mr. Book above, the same must be said for both parties - consumers need to actually READ before they decide to click "YES" on something.

Regardless, we always give people a full refund when they ask us - all anyone needs to do is email us at support [at] bartonpublishing.com, explain your situation and give us your order details, and we will be sure to cancel your free trial or refund any purchase you've made. Wellness Watchers will also cancel and refund any charges if you contact them and explain your situation.

We are doing our best to maintain our reputation as a company that cares about our customers - and we have no intentions of deceiving people in any way. We want people to be healthy, happy and free from drugs.

Sincerely,
Joe Barton
 4th of Feb, 2009 by   Kathy 0 Votes
Sorry Mr. Barton,

I placed an on line with your company and I did get to the page regarding the Wellness Watchers option and I did not see a yes or no option. What happens is that you are automatically enrolled and get two months free. It is then up to the customer to cancel or the customer is automatically charged for the subscription. I resent it when I order from one company and they feel free to pass my credit card number on to someone else WITH OUT THE "SAY NO" OPTION. I suggest you remove this option altogether. If it's such a good, program, why do you have to deceiptfully get people enrolled? My suggestions fellow customers - report the scam to your credit card company as fast as you can!!!
 10th of Feb, 2009 by   mad 0 Votes
BARTON PUBLISHING IS A SCAM!!! THAT IS LINKED UP TO OTHER WEBSITES THAT SHARE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER ONCE YOU "PURCHASED" YOUR ITEM AND TAKE MONEY FROM IT WHENEVER THEY CHOOSE TO WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT!!!

I JUST GOT DONE TALKING TO THE FDIC AFTER I "BOUGHT" SOMETHING FROM BARTON AND TRYED TO CANCEL MY ORDER BUT NO ONE EVER EVER RESPONDS BACK TO GIVE ME MY REFUND SO I HAD TO REPORT IT TO MY BANK

DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE FROM THAT SITE OR ANY OVERLY DRAWN OUT SELLING THE ITEM SITES OUT THERE...ITS ALL A JOKE FROM SICK PEOPLE WITH NO LIFE OR EDUCATION TO MAKE MONEY THE REAL WAY IN LIFE. THEY WILL DO AND SAY ANYTHING TO GET YOU TO "BUY" THERE PRODUCT!!

SO "JOE" THE BIG "OWNER" OF THE COMPANY IS JUST A BIG SCAM ASSHOLE ARTIST..

THANKS AMERICA
 15th of Feb, 2009 by   George Stanza 0 Votes
The whole website is a con from the minute you enter your credot card details. It says wait do not exit as it may cause your card to be doubled debited and then puts you through an endless maize of gliberish each sucking the maximum on the confusion register, signing you up for non requested crap and apart from all the scam free offers you are conned as i did not commit for any further remdies (fresh air and bullshit on their gout remedy) but when i complained about their fraudulent website they sent an irratable bowel email and contiued to access my credit card on a continung basis for non ordered bullshit downloads and will not allow you to opt out of their nasty web con. ALL YOU CAN DO IS CANCEL YOU CREDIT CARD AND REPORT THIS THIEF TO YOUR CARD FRAUD SECTION DO NOT GO NEAR THIS SITE THEY ARE NASTY
 15th of Feb, 2009 by   George Stanza 0 Votes
I think Joe Bartin has had a credability bypass and to profess to be a good samaritan only enhances the fact, Joe you are really a very low life preying on the afflicted and one would hope that a special disease may visit upon your rotten soul very soon. DO NOT PROVIDE THIS UNGRATEFUL WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS. YOU CAN FIND MORE CURES UNDER GOVERNMENT ISSUED GUIDELINES AT NO COST . THIS IS THE WORST SITE THAT I HAVE ENCOUNTERED AND IF YOU HAVE BEEN DUDDED OR IN THE PROCESS OF TRYING TO EXTRACT THIS CANCEROUS SITE OUT OF YOUR WALLET CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER CANCEL YOUR CARD SO NOT TO PROVIDE THIS LUNATIC WITH ANOTHER ILL GOTTEN CENT
 15th of Feb, 2009 by   Harry 0 Votes
Barton Publishing ALIAS Wellnesswatchersmd.com ALIAS cureyourgout .com are swindlers, crooks, unethical, liars, snake oil salesmen, permanently devoid of business principals .
They will not reply to emails, illegally access on an ongoing basis your credit card on the above pretext Oh you must have requested an ongoing deduction for life? for further useless cures and arnt they funny if you complain they send an irratible bowel email download. I naively thought that they held a cure for gout for 9.95 got charged another $30 on my card and another month later they have accessed my card again for another $15 Okay its a cheap lesson in internet fraud i will never order with a credit card for online media
downloads ever again. I have made reprepsentation for reversal ot unauthorized deductions thru my card company but found it better to cancel the card and start afresh and NOT order from mongrels like this company .
 26th of Feb, 2009 by   zebrakitkat 0 Votes
i completely agree with the trickery to sign you up for wellnesswatchers. I apparently was signed up for without any benefits, of course. And now I am out the 30 dollars from the january charge. i think i may dispute it with my credit card, as they refuse to refund my money since it was over 30 days ago.
 26th of Feb, 2009 by   Andrew Westerman 0 Votes
To whom it may concern

I recently bought a book on Prostate Secrets from Barton Publishing on the 28th of January 2009, since than I have been charged by Wellness watchers as well for some unknown reason which I have not authorized. The charged Items are listed below.

28-Jan-2009 VISA PURCHASE (OS) BARTONPUBLISHING.COM 6168O $62.51
29-Jan-2009 VISA PURCHASE (OS) WELWATCHMD8005916383-V 6168O $2.84
24-Feb-2009 VISA PURCHASE (OS) WELLNESSWATCHERS MD 6168O $47.96

The first charge, I will accept, but the other two dated 29/January and 24/february I will not.

Please investigate why this has been charged to my visa card and please have the money refunded

Kind Regards
Andrew Westerman

e-mail Address... andrewwesterman@ozemail.com.au
 27th of Feb, 2009 by   Gotgout 0 Votes
My wife wanted me to order the reports for curing gout at cureyourgout.com. Thank you all for your posting here. After going to the cureyourgout web site and reading all the miracles I decided to google for comments and found this site here. Now after reading what you all have to say I will not order from them. Too bad that kind of scum roam the streets freely.
 27th of Feb, 2009 by   Alex Dearner 0 Votes
I too have been scammed by this outfit. Same deal. Only difference is that I reported it to the FBI.
Good luck explaining yourself in court Mr. Barton.
A. Dearner
 28th of Feb, 2009 by   David Z. 0 Votes
Thieves and nothing more. Illegal authorizations on my account.

I have pursued this with my states attorney general. I am sure I am not the only one.

These guys are a bunch of fools who sit down and write a bunch of crap and find ways to sell it. The objective is to get credit card numbers and then charge away.
 17th of Mar, 2009 by   Bob Wise 0 Votes
Multiple credit card charges from one transaction. Very difficult to get refunds
 27th of Apr, 2009 by   joey 0 Votes
Joe Barton made us go thru a whole bunch of "free" deals and reading them in details can cause a heartburn...

Joe if u want to stay in business for long under the same outfit, fix your manner of doing business, and get rid of these additional "free deals", and make good your refunds of payments to those who accidentally fell into your "trap"

I just bought one of your online and seeing these comments and having nightmares and fits already...

regreting poor soul
 30th of Apr, 2009 by   no longer regretting poor soul 0 Votes
Two days back, I was a regretting poor soul after buying online Barton and seeing all these comments...Yesterday, I got an email from Barton Publishing after my complaints to them for offering "free downloads" to only be charged later on, the reply was they will take me out of their mailing list and remove all new charges. I am able to use their email to ensure that i will not be charged further. I like to write back on this bulletin that rather than putting more negative comments here, if you only ask them to review your case early enough, you might be able to resolve this "overcharging" incident... no longer a regretting poor soul...
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   mbriant 0 Votes
I've been scammed by Barton Publishing and WellnessWatchers MD as well. I originally ordered a "booklet" from Barton and a month later noticed an unauthorized charge on my Visa of $9.95 from Barton Publishing and $29.95 from WellWatchersMD who I hadn't even dealt with. I immediately contacted Barton and they said they'd cancel my unauthorized subscription to whatever it was, which they did. However, nothing was done about the WellnessWatchersMD charge and it has now appeared on two more Visa bills. I've been away and missed seeing last months but just noticed the newest charge on my latest June invoice. I called the number mentioned above and they guy said that all he could do was refund two of the three fraudulent charges.

I encourage everyone who's been scammed by these frauds to contact their bank AND credit card to report this matter on both companies. It wouldn't hurt to print out these complaints and others that are also on the net to show to the bank so we can get their credit card privileges revoked.

I should have know this was an unscrupulous, criminal company by the way they wouldn't let me simply purchase the one item I did want, but instead kept a long series of confusing pop-ups appearing.
 19th of Jun, 2009 by   robert123 0 Votes
Barton Publishing has a very deceptive signup process. I joined for a 19.95 Acid Reflux report. First I was billed 41.10 I complained and they refunded me 19.95 I said I expected no additional charges. There was a charge the next day for 1.83 from WelwatchMD. They then billed me 29.95 from WelwatchMD 2 weeks later, and then a month after that I got billed for 29.95 from MDMaverik. So even if you select no to options, you still get "enrolled" to free programs that then bill you anyway. I find it interesting that they changed the name on the 2nd 29.95 charge. The phone numbers for WelwatchMD is 888-461-4889 and MDMaverick is 888-461-4875 which I'm sure is the same company. I'm now disputing the charges through my cc company, but this is what gives online sales a bad name. If it's legit, you don't have people opt out, but then opt them in anyway.
 4th of Jul, 2009 by   John Coltrane 0 Votes
Barton Publishing intentionally makes ordering their products a puzzling adventure. After I gave up my credit card numbers and other information, I was offered, on the download page, the report I requested in one of three ways: two different print versions for download, or the actual book through the mail. I selected the mailed book, where the next page told me I'd have to pony up another $12.95, on top of the $19.95 that I had already authorized. I decided to pass on the mailed book, but when I tried to return to the previous page, and go ahead and download the damned info, I found I couldn't return there. I was pushed on to the beginning of the site, but any trace of my having paid for the info was now removed. That would be okay, if I was not liable for any payment, since I now had no way to download anything, but a call to the credit card company right away revealed that my payment had indeed gone through. SO------- it appears that in this instance Barton was hoping that I would resubmit my ordering information in order to download the report they offered, but by doing so I would have paid twice for the one product. Barton covers their ass by having a number to call, but then the recording comes on and tells you that to get service on a screwed up order, you have to call ANOTHER number. The recording states this other number only once, and I had to call a second time just to correctly write down that follow-up number. All this is very clever indeed. Multiply these various ways to grab extra fees here and there by thousands of callers, and you've got quite an effective flim-flam operation. Let's just note one more thing: even if Barton's medical reports were mediocre or completely ineffective, if they didn't try to screw us around every corner of the ordering process, then we, the customers would have no cause to complain. We bought a product sight unseen that sucked, well so what. Our mistake. Barton could turn a tidy profit right there, no doubt. But to screw us so cynically, shame on them.
 9th of Jul, 2009 by   j944 0 Votes
Yes I totally agree to all of these complaints, i got some of refund back. Do not be afraid to ask them about your refund keep calling them if they don't response call your credit CO. and dispute their charges so they can reverse it. after getting all your refund call your credit have your acount no. change. I am tired of these chain reaction charges.

Consumer Tips for Saving Money !

Latest Groups