logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Booking.com
never give your credit card details to booking.com
2. (0 mins ago)
be2
Legal action threatened
5. (16 mins ago)
Excelsior College CPNE
CPNE failure is rediculously easy.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2011-01-12 by    vunerable

Lottery promise

BARONESS DE ROTHMAN
United Kingdom
AFTER RECEIVING THIS LETTER FOR THE 15TH TIME FROM BARONESS DE ROTHMAN AND I HAVE BEEN SUCKED IN ON THE FIRST LETTER SOME 5 YEARS AGO ISNT IT TIME SOME MAIL ORDER AUTHORITY DID SOMETHING ABOUT THIS INDIVIDUAL WHO IS GAINING MONEY FROM PEOPLE UNDER FALSE PRETENSES
Comments United Kingdom Lottery Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Feb, 2011 by   Aynul Hoque 0 Votes
My Dear, Baroness de Rothman,
I hope that you are well. I am very well.
I received your letter on 1st February, 11. Your letter no 2048445952, 2141613128091 & prize amount $30, 000 prize number 990028. I am Bangladeshi. I am very poor man & my family. What can I do. You help to me.My address : 505, Elephant Road, Moghbazar, Dhaka-1217.
Ami Bangla deshi. Amra name keno eto lottary ashe ta jante chai? ami to kono lottary paina. Banglae Balte chai je amar name a porjonto koek hajar letter & lottery ashechh. So, Kono lottary paina keno t jante chai. Karon Desh-Bdesh-a Onek Doka baj company ba Agent ber hoechhe. Amar thikana 196/1, Noytola, Moghbazar, Dhaka-1217, 0088-01911780925
 19th of Jul, 2011 by   Derby Dj 0 Votes
This Baroness de Rothman is now sending this lotto scam from the Netherlands. Glad to have found your site first. I ALWAYS check on the internet first for complaints and scams. This letter says "Today, after the winning number was drawn, it was acknowledged that _________ returned the winning $30, 000.00 prize number in the Big Cash Lotto game. _______ has therefore won the $30, 000.00. The prize consists of 10 checks for $3, 000.00 each. The first check will be sent out tomorrow and the remaining checks will be sent out monthly."
I have never played lotto by mail or internet, so, I knew this was a scam.
 2nd of Aug, 2011 by   mefrom aruba 0 Votes
I'm dutch living in Aruba! Even i had recieved a mail form the "baroness". i'm smarter, had things checked out, what did i found???? i inherate $ 5.ooo.ooo!!! from a stupid guy hahahahahaa... I'm gonna follow her steps! and win her scams hahahahaahhahaaaa. Watch me. Be ware "baroness", be very ware... Love from Aruba...
 7th of Sep, 2011 by   Ryselove 0 Votes
My mother received the letter as well, but we live in the United States. I don't really much believe in any letters that come claiming that you have won money. I like that you have pointed out some clues of it being a scam. Thank you this helped a lot.
 21st of Sep, 2012 by   Douglas Hofferbert 0 Votes
I am a middle aged man that is disabled and on ssi.And this man by the name of Baroness de Rothman. Have to lower themselfs to pray on disadvaged people like me an other people at can not aford to live.I have got this letters for years now it just give you false hope.I was promises 30.000.00 usd / says that it is 100%satisfied or money back BS.If all of this crap is true then SHOW ME THE MONEY then.My # r 2073051400 08416132116376 / They wrote M then my name and my address.Any thing that ask;s you to send them money is to good to be true.They even gave me some numbers/and a bonus # to 5-12-37-40-48-49 bonus #30 if you can beleive that crap.DCH.
 27th of Sep, 2012 by   ali53 0 Votes
i am from kenya and fill that the letter specifying the amount of 22000 u.s dollars may be false but what about the lady specifying that she will let me know my winning numbers although i haven't paid her the amount of 50 u.s dollars as required by her but i am a fool to spend my money at the postoffice to pay for the postage stamp of shs 90 which is equivalent to i u.s dollar
 4th of Oct, 2012 by   john johnstone 0 Votes
i recieved a letter saying ive won 25.080.00 thousand nz zealand dollars and i have to sign the agreement what made me realise it was a scam the only place where i could sign was my credit card signature im sixty yrs old but not that dumb be alert old folks
 10th of Jan, 2013 by   Mean Maori 0 Votes
Baroness de Rothman
Husband died and I get to share his lottery secrets yea right stupid woman needs a slap even in New Zealad were not that stpid to fall for this scam
 20th of Jan, 2013 by   Obviously I'm a dopey Aussie 0 Votes
Yep I have received this letter for the umpteenth time, and how I was particularly picked out by her dying husband to give a ludicrous amount of money to...how was I selected when I live on the other side of the earth, and why will it cost me $65 to get what is supposedly mine, I don't know of any check that cost that much to send, so if it is legally mine, are they not thieves for not giving it to me????and it's funny how soooooo many of these so called wonderful people who say I have won multi million dollar checks, all will cost me $65 to get, and guess what, ... they all come from the Netherlands...strange that isn't it!!!
 12th of Jun, 2013 by   creashin 0 Votes
hi there, I too have received these letters claiming that they had already sent me a cheque of $1, 500 and another cheque of $34, 500 awaits for me to reply which I am sure it is just a ploy to make you pay the fee of $70 which they require for sending a valuable limited validity cheque, (what a load of crap) and there have been many times where I have not opened them and did the RETURN TO SENDER and still they keep coming. So yes there should be some kind of way to expose these scammers publicly so no-one else can have this crap done to them.
 17th of Jun, 2013 by   Peter Tuck 0 Votes
This Baroness de Rothman. Is a FRAUD.

I am still receiving letters from this person addressed to my wife.

Who passed away, died, in February 2012.

So how do we believe this person. Who will stop this person. I have tried telepathy, no good.

I do not see why I should pay for a stamp to send the junk back.

Peter Tuck
 17th of Jun, 2013 by   Raymond Cox 0 Votes
I have just received a letter from Baroness de Rothman stating that she is surprised that i have not the cheque that she sent me two weeks ago and she has checked her bank account to find it has not gone out ( I AM NOT SURPRISED ) and i know full well she is not, , she says she is puzzled, so am i, i would like to know where she she my name and address from, i also have to ask is this really a woman or a man operating this scam i use the term woman and man loosely, i too am a pensioner, surprise, surprise. I too ask why has this person been tracked down, i have never heard of her until today, so every one must take care and destroy their letters straight away or send them back unopened minus postage stamp of course.
 23rd of Jul, 2013 by   Beatles4evr 0 Votes
I am Always recieving letters from this lady the Baroness, who mostly isn't one, except in her own mind. The last letter she ask, why I had not cashed here check for 1500 dollars, and I guess, she will have to wait even longer. Back when I was nieve and much younger, I probably would have feel for her scam, but now that I am a bit older, and much wiser, I research ladies, or men such as the Baroness of her mind, But before I go, I want to thank you all who added to this site, plus thank the site for being here for whoever, God Bless, and have a great life.
 23rd of Jul, 2013 by   Marion1 0 Votes
I received this letter from the Baroness also. I suppose some of these lotteries are real and others are not. Don't know about this one.
 20th of Nov, 2013 by   D Els 0 Votes
De Rothman Scam
Yes a big scam indeed, finally convince my 72 year old mother that this person is sucking her pension dry month after month. Besides this one sending the sectret letters, there are a Dr Michael and other pshycies promising books and trinkets on how to make money and how these trinkets make you rich. I will scan and post these letters all over the net, on every block posible to safeguard other people from these suckers.
 3rd of Feb, 2014 by   Jorge Molina 0 Votes
LE ESCRIBE JORGE MOLINA DE GUATEMALA QUIERO SABER COMO RECIBIR LOS 1, 500.00 DOLARES QUE ME ENVIO NO SE INGLES Y EL TRADUCTOR QUE USO NO ES MUY BUENO YO NO TENGO LO QUE ESTAN COBRANDO NO ENTIENDO PERO DE QUE SI TENGO NESECIDAD SI ES CIERTO COMO ME PUEDE AYUDAR ESPERO SU RESPUESTA
MUCHAS BENDICIONES
 19th of Feb, 2014 by   NOW 80 0 Votes
I am so pleased with your site. Today, I received the oft- used letter stating her worry about me because I hadn't cashed her $1500 check, supposedly sent earlier, and now wanting to send me the BIG prize - $34, 500, along with the $1500, all for $50. However, I will need a Magic Talisman of Wealth, which I will get for free!. Her "winners" must have been checking your site. Her cost of mailing these checks has gone from $65 down to $50- $55 if I want priority return (though an earlier statement says within 48 hours.) I note that there is no mention of how I won this prize, though she seems to know how desperately I could use it; also of her sponsors, who must be throwing money at her (Or, should I have called them the "winners"?") I have been deep sixing" all the many "opportunities" I receive from the Netherlands, England and Australia, but this time, I thought it fun to do some checking and so appreciate the many comments from your users. Perhaps I should use the credit card, then report to the fraud unit. Might this cancel me from all their mail?
 26th of Feb, 2014 by   gwyn james 0 Votes
You have not sent me a check 1, 500.00, that is why I have not cashed a check for 1, 500.00.If you have sent me a check for that amount it was written on the check no-negotiable so how the hell are you suppose to cash a check like that. You people should be ashamed of your selves ripping other people off that can not afford to loose money. I hope some day some one catches up to you and puts you in prison.
 27th of Feb, 2014 by   Humandroid 0 Votes
To "now 80" & "gwyn "

Glad you folks told your stories - guess I'm not the only one getting this "you didn't cash my check yet" letter. Oh man, I would like to know how she got my mail address in Canada from the Netherlands. Just out of curiossity, have any of you folks been in contact with other " psychics " or '' clairvoyants " within say 6 months or so before receiving your letters from Rothman ? I HAVE. I have a funny feeling that when these psychics travel to " work " in other countries they meet up with others of their profession and chit-chat or discuss their "projects", and perhaps ask for advice or whatever, and so end up relaying info to others who in turn use that info to contact "us" with their fraudulant offers. SOMETHING TIRO PONDER.
 1st of Mar, 2014 by   scamcop 0 Votes
I contacted a real scam investigator not this African impostor and was informed that yes indeed the Rothman lottery is an advance fee scam . Do not be fooled by these low life criminals.

How to Deal with Penalty Charge Notices