logo

5520 S Parker Rd , Aurora, CO 80015-1188
Aurora, Colorado
Phone: 720-870-8590
banfield.com
I have 3 major complaints with this company. I have already complained about one of them. But I want to complain about their Service fees and charges for extractions and teeth cleaning, and for Anal Gland procedures for your pet. about 2 months ago, I went into the office because my Small Maltiz-poodle mixed dog, who is 10 years old was in a great deal of pain of a enlarged anal gland that was stopped up. (not able to express normally) He had this large ball in the back of his behind. I tried to express it and could not get it to drain. So I took my dog Buttons to Banfield. There was a older (Caucasian) lady VET Doctor with long Gray hair. She took a look at my dog and tried to Express the Anal gland but couldn't not express it either. So she said that she could drain the anal gland by surgery, but it would cost me around $1, 200.00. She said if I paid that price she would put me on the Yearly Doggy health plan and she would also do a dental cleaning and extractions for my dogs teeth. She said his teeth were very bad and they needed to clean them and take out the infected teeth. I told her that we didn't want to spend that kind of money and asked her what the price would be without the doggy health plan and just for them to express our poor dogs anal gland so he could be relieved of his pain. She said it was only $800.00. I asked why it would cost this much. She said that she was going to have to do major surgery. And he needed to go to sleep during the surgery, She said the blood test for this kind of thing is around $400.00 alone. Me and my husband were stunned. We took are dog that was in pain and left the office. We made one phone call to Teneker in Aurora co 80011, They did a cut on his anal gland and drained the fluid and they also did our dogs Rabies shots. All this for around $200.00, This procedures came with antibiotics and pain pills. That was a lot cheaper then $800.00-$1200.00, No blood test needed. We also saw that his teeth were bad and he had around 7 of them that needed pulled. A month later when we had the funds, We took our dog down to Broadview on Evans in Denver Colorado, and they only charged us for $166.00 to pull 7 teeth and clean them (His teeth were easy and they charged us $2.00 per a tooth average to extract). (This procedure came with antibiotics and pain pills) I just can't believe the prices $$$$$$$ at Banfield. Beware who ever goes there. Their prices are very unfair. Even on their so call healthy plan. They don't really care about your pet. They are ROBBERS, especially with animals that are involved. Also Broadview on Evens in Denver, did the blood test for only $33.00, compare that to Banfield $400.00. (my experience from March -April 20012) I have all the records to show the prices from banfield and other other vets and there is a major difference in PRICES. Banfield being a company with Major issues. I would like to Put Banfield on the NEWS and expose them for who they really are.

Comments United States Animal/Pet Hospitals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Apr, 2012 by   Thud 0 Votes
While I personally have never been in a Banfield, I have read some pretty shocking complaints about them from overpricing to pushing a "wellness plan" that seems to be another dispicable way for a company to drain your bank account. I've read enough that I wouldn't let my dog sit in their waiting room, let alone use them for my pet's medical care.
 25th of Apr, 2012 by   Banfield Pet Hospital 0 Votes
April Herrera- thank you for providing this feedback, we want to address your concerns and have someone reach out to you however we cannot identify your account with the name April Herrera. We have identified an account under the name of Autumn Herrera, if this is correct please let us know and we will contact you shortly. If you are uncomfortable confirming this here then please call or email our Client Advocate team at 877-500-2288 or ClientAdvocateTeam@banfield.net, thank you.

Saving on Holiday Shopping