logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
AT&T
AT&T doesn't care for loyal longtime customers
2. (7 mins ago)
Union Workers Credit Services
Pre-Approved Credit
3. (13 mins ago)
BB&T Bank
They will flat ruin you!
4. (16 mins ago)
Misleading Advertisement

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Award Notification Commission, Kansas City, Kansas Complaints & Reviews - Letter stating has won prize

ANC Award Noticifation Commission Contacts & Informations

Award Notification Commission

Posted:    midnite_nj

Letter stating has won prize

p o box 2905 kansa city ks 66110-2905
Kansas City, Kansas
Phone: 312-375-6921
sweepresults.com
Its a shame that in this economic crisis most of us are in, that people can get away with leading people to believe this kind of thing. I just received same letter in mail today and googled it instantly to see if the company was reputable. 11. 89$ doesnt sound like much to claim a 2 million dollar prize but why would they ask for money is what keeps leading me towards tossing this thing in the trash. We should all start a lawsuit claiming against this ridiculousness. I keep thinking of what my omther always said "if it sounds too good to be true, then most likely it is. " but then again. . . What if?

Comments United States Sweepstakes
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of May, 2009 by   Patricia 0 Votes

award two million dollars - Award Notification Commission

Scam to get your printed and legal signature.
 17th of Jul, 2009 by   orcapod 0 Votes
If you have ever won a prize, you would know that one doesn't pay to receive the prize. I'm sorry hon, I believe you have been had. If 1000 letters go out to people, and all respond with the 11.89, that is 11, 890 dollars to the person that sent the letter.
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   shwandb115135 0 Votes
complaints are helpful if the information given id actually true. If the stepd to follow were not follow properly than its not the business fault it is your.
 5th of Apr, 2010 by   Paul Vinay 0 Votes
Award Notification Commission conducts sweepstakes awards to a person who need not purchase any offers for promoting sponsors product which is optional as it specifies in the letter hence it is not a Fraud commission.
 12th of Sep, 2010 by   Miles Baker -2 Votes
I am a winner Miles Baker 572-11-0652 1405 Stardust 3 I am 51 years old Reno NV 89512 sind check from B bow thank you
 15th of Dec, 2010 by   Vincenia 0 Votes
On two occasions i received a letter stating send 11.89 to process the entry to a sweeptakes valued at 2, 000, 000 dollars. This sweepstakes is a scam. Please do not be fooled. ANC is robbing people of there money. Image if hundreds of people send $11.89 to this company how much many they would have. You're better off playing the lottery...
 26th of Dec, 2010 by   Abdshekur 0 Votes
Dear me, I have received a mail in my box says that I won 2000000 dollars but have to send US$34.95. I am in UAE. Can I send it ? What is it ? Is it a lottery? How did they got my box no.?
 26th of Dec, 2010 by   bluhawk 0 Votes
No No. No... don't send any money. No genuine award requires you to send money & if they really require it why done they deduct that 34.95 $ and give you rest of the amount :)
 28th of Dec, 2010 by   PEARLIE MCCORMICK 0 Votes
The same thing have happen to me they pretend i've won $2, 000, 000. 00 - two milliondollars***in cash. I have toprocessors this by10:17a. M. / world head qaurters, by sending my entrant record number:302165957. Belonging to :pearlie mccormick. They say it is mandatory at kansas city ks. Hdqrts, united states. This is what it says: pearlie mccormick, congratulations - you are the twomilliondollars winnertobepaidaccordingtoyouroptionofeither$66, 667. 00per year for30consectutive years (Total$2, 000, 000. 00) oranalternatelump - sumpaymentof$1, 186, 000. 00. But to process this they want me to send them afee with - in the next7 daysof$11. 89. They address is award notification commissionp. O. Box2904kansas city ks. 66110. They donot have a phonenumber in which they can be reach. Just address so i feel like it atrick
 28th of Dec, 2010 by   PEARLIE MCCORMICK 0 Votes
Who ever read this better listen it could happen to you.
 2nd of Jan, 2011 by   lady la +1 Votes
I have just received that some thing yesturday jan 1 2011 and was confused if I should send them the 11.89... I guess I won't send it now cause idk if its true or really a scam... smh this is crazy...
 6th of Jan, 2011 by   poor silly me 0 Votes
i got the same thing this week I already send a check for the fee amount but it is not for the processing of the money awarded but for an option of WOARewards.com that they have... I should of not send them the check but now what can I do it is in the mail. It will bounce because my husband majorly overdrafted our acccount so I really do not need help on that subject.: /
 6th of Jan, 2011 by   kris lee +1 Votes
This is surely a bogus award. Just think of the money they could make if everyone sent in $11.89! Never send money in hope of getting an award. It's a scam. Notice how cheap the paper and print is. How generic the heading. There is no company name, just "Office of the President." President of What? My "certificate" has a print smudge over the word "Official." Now, who do you contact? Tte US Postal Service? Do they have a mail fraud division? Any suggestions?
 7th of Jan, 2011 by   hbaker +1 Votes
well i got the same letter today, and i was pissed they had my name and address, i did'nt send in the money but i called the fraud division of gaming. I hope they get caught.
 20th of Jan, 2011 by   LA_BORI +2 Votes
I have received the same letter and guess what i did i send it back but withouth money i make a nice piece of paper saying "you can deducted the 11. 89 from there thank u i will wait for my $1999988. 11 check i can imagine the face of the person or company thats doing this lol
 22nd of Jan, 2011 by   XSaint +2 Votes
Just received the same notice as everyone on this page, can you say SCAM!!! Just as Zachary S. stated a reputable company would include their company name and contact information and the fact that the return address is a PO Box should send up a lot red flags. I like LA_BORI's take on this, I plan on doing something similar.
 26th of Jan, 2011 by   yadirasoto 0 Votes
did someone had received any check from award notification commission?
 26th of Jan, 2011 by   yadirasoto 0 Votes
did anyone won and received any money from award notification commission?
 31st of Jan, 2011 by   PrincessNibbles +2 Votes
It looks like Publisher's Clearinghouse at first. If you read any of it though, it doesn't say anywhere where it's from, and the red flag is the fact that they tell you to mail THEM money. I'm going to write a fake check as well.
 11th of Feb, 2011 by   hailey cathy +1 Votes
I recived a leeter as well, stating i'm won 2 millon and as i was reading all of your statements i decided not to send 11. 89 too. Thanks to all.

Avoiding Mortgage Scams