logo

Beware

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Award Notification Commission, Kansas City, Kansas Complaints & Reviews - award two million dollars

Award Notification Commission Contacts & Informations

Award Notification Commission

Posted:    Patricia

award two million dollars

Award Notification Commission
PO box 2905
Kansas City, Kansas
Phone: kansas city, kansas 66110
Scam to get your printed and legal signature.

Comments United States Lottery Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Jul, 2011 by   patchesgirl 0 Votes
I just got my letter in the mail today. After I read it, I searched "Award Notification Commission" and this site popped up. This is just another scam. Always do your research.
 15th of Jul, 2011 by   kibbles250 0 Votes
well thanks to the people that took the time to warn people like me i recieved a letter today and of coarse i was excited because of the struggle im going through. I dont thinks its fair and i feel the government should find stuff like this out if they could find killers and drug dealers they should find this out as well.
 19th of Jul, 2011 by   Wave2003 0 Votes
It does say no purchase necessary. They went through a lot of trouble printing out their pretty little flyer but If I really did win, Ed McMahon would be at my front door with balloons and shit. I'm not falling for it!!!
 23rd of Jul, 2011 by   johnathan2012 0 Votes
I have received three (3) notices from the same address.
Here is my response to these people:
July 22, 2011
My dear William,
Thank you for this opportunity to finally collect what is obviously mine already. Since I have not heard from Mr. McNabb, maybe you can do something about this.
If you would be so kind as to cut the bullshit and send the funds, I won’t be prompted to notify certain people about your little requirement to pay for something that, as you say, is already mine.
Like it says… no purchase necessary to collect winnings from any contest or sweepstakes.
So, how about it? Are we going to play fair or will I - or someone I know - have to pay you a visit?
‘We’ know who you are. You are both: Judging Headquarters, Offices of Administration and Processing – AND Entry and Verification Center in Kansas city and now the Award Notification Commission.
I expect to hear from you soon, Mr. MacDougal
Enclosed please find your SHIPMENT STATUS ADVISORY.
My deal is the same for all you people: send me the money and I will give you 20%. Firm!
Again, thanks. Although I don’t think you have the guts to believe me. I will give you 20% if I get the money. Say, why don’t you just send me the money and keep 20%? Deal?
Be hearing from you.
 29th of Jul, 2011 by   Todd H 0 Votes
Has anyone contacted the Attorney General of Kansas or the Post Master General ? After reading
some of these comments it seems to me that these scum bags have been sending these letters out for at least 6 months . I would think that someone must have complained to the proper authorities.
 21st of Aug, 2011 by   tana89. 0 Votes
ik zit in de waar met geld problemen en als ik op 19.08.2011 een brief heb ontvangen van award notification commision dat ik winnaar ben van 1 485 000 euro ik kon mijn ogen niet geloven maar ik dacht ik ga even op internet kijken en zien wie die mensen zijn maar nu ben ik zo teleur gesteld
 23rd of Aug, 2011 by   grip711 0 Votes
grip711
I'm sending my return envelope back to the Kansas City address minus the $11.89 fee. Their letter in my package says IF I want their premium offer to send $11.89. I DON'T WANT THEIR PREMIUM OFFER, SO I AM NOT SENDING $11.89! Let's see how they swallow their on medicine. LOL
 13th of Sep, 2011 by   BE smart! dON'T DO IT! 0 Votes
You know, it makes sense. When a place requires a fee of a very small amount for you to win an extremely large amount, the chances are that it's more than a scam. Some one or a group has put this together to get 12 to 40 dollars from whoever will fall for this letter. There are tell tell signs to know if it's legit, like: Phone number, Web site, and most of all, remembering if you even entered into any sweepstakes. I have a publishers clearing house account, and they are legit. You can call them, and find there web site. PLEASE PLEASE!! DO NOT FALL FOR IT. Save your money for something more reliable. Because I got the letter too, and I was thinking about it, and looked them up, and found this page. Also keep in mind your safety with your name and signature and address. LEARN FROM THE PRO'S!!!
 20th of Oct, 2011 by   kalohe12 0 Votes
OMG I got the same thing in the mail signed it and gave them cash.. Now I feel like a total ass!!
 21st of Oct, 2011 by   grip711 0 Votes
Well, they mailed me back a new envelope letting me know I didn't send the $11.89. WHAT BALLS!!! I circled and wrote on the entry form I DID NOT want their premium offer! This is a pure scam that will even answer you back if they think you made a mistake. I got to admit, that better than the other clowns that send stuff and then don't acknowledge you.
 17th of Nov, 2011 by   w098 0 Votes
i got the same one in the mail and, i wash so happy that i send the check
 19th of Nov, 2011 by   old ukulele player 0 Votes
I'm pretty sure it's a scam, but I'm going to take a flyer, since it's only $12. BTW, if these people are crooks, they're pretty smart. I got scammed out of almost $500 in a deal where I had supposedly been issued a grant. I went to file a complaint with the FBI, and they wouldn't even write down the information, telling me I was lucky that I'd only lost $500, that their threshold to investigate Internet scams was much higher, and that he had just taken a complaint from a couple that lost $13, 000 on a similar scam.

All of your observations are good. It almost assuredly is a scam, but I'm so broke, I'm sending in $12.00. Who knows, it might be my good Karma day - you know, the day when something really good happens, to keep the world in balance because of all of the Murphy's law incidents. If I get the payout, I'll write to this site and let you all know.

Steve Hamilton
Davis, CA
 5th of Dec, 2011 by   honey317 +1 Votes
IT'S A SCAM...DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!

Better Business Bureau of Central & Eastern KY

Yet another sweepstakes mailing is hitting area homes, looking so real it could fool you into needlessly sending money. A Madison County man received what he thought sure looked like a notice that he had won two million dollars. Still something did not sound right about it, so he sent it to your Better Business Bureau.

It's a large document with fancy looking seals and dollar amounts with lots of zeros. It states it is from the Office of the President of the Award Notification Commission in Kansas City.

With lots of flowery sounding language, it appears to state the recipient is the winner of two million dollars. It even outlines an option for payments in a lump sum or over time.

But if you read it more closely, there are several "ifs, ands and buts" involved to "win" this money. It says if you return the preselected winning number and it is matched, THEN you would be the two million dollar winner.

It also asks for a "premium acquisition fee" of $11.89. On the face of it, it looks as if it’s a fee that must be paid to collect the prize.

But according to the Better Business Bureau in Kansas, that fee is to acquire some kind of coupon book…and has nothing to do with winning the money. That BBB has given an "F" rating to the company, whose main name is Next-Gen, due to consumer complaints about the mailing and the merchandise sold by the company.

Remember, if you have to pay a fee, you have not won anything. You also cannot win what you have not yet entered. And if you do win, it's illegal to ask you to pay a dime…the only people you would pay would be the IRS directly. If you get this mailing, don't fall for it!

# # # #

Be a Don’t Fall for It! informant! If you have something to share you believe may be a fraudulent offer or scam, please let the BBB know! Call us at (859) 259-1008 or toll-free, 1-800-866-6668, or email us at info@lexbbb.com.
 6th of Dec, 2011 by   izi 0 Votes
I just received the same letter today but I was pretty skeptic that there is no # and I never even signed up for whatever this is. I was trying to find the company and I came upon this site. Thanks guys! I hope and pray this people get caught!
 11th of Dec, 2011 by   Elease 0 Votes
We can all get together and file a law suite against these idots and get our money for real file a complaint with the states attorney general of KS i did but not enough ppl complainted yet to bring a law suite against them...
 12th of Dec, 2011 by   Meg Kistler 0 Votes
Yes, I too am a sucker! But, the letter looked so OFFICIAL! So, $11.95 down the drain. Wish I would have googled this sooner! I could have put ALMOST THREE GALLONS of gas in my car!
 15th of Dec, 2011 by   TRUTHOFANANGEL +1 Votes
THIS IS A BIG FAT SCAM! MELZY IN THE BOX WITH THE 2, 000, 000 AREA IT DOES STATE "FUNDS CONFIRMED TO THE WINNER UPON RESPONSE"...U R RIGHT N OTHER AREAS OF THE LETTER IT INDICATES AS IF U HAVE THE CHANCE TO WIN, BUT THE ABOVE FACT INDICATES DIFFERENT. NOT A CHANCE BUT THAT U ACTUALLY HAVE WON UPON RESPONSE. LIKE I ALWAYS SAY N DO " I DON'T BELIEVE N PAYING MONEY TO GET MONEY, ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS NO CONTACT NUMBER." LETTER IS ALSO STATING THAT NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY N THAT PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE UR CHANCE OF WINNING, WELL THERE IS NOTHING THERE TO EVEN CHOOSE TO PURCHASE (RED FLAG AGAIN). WHERE IN THE HELL DID THEY GET R DAMN INFO. FROM ANYWAY!!! SEEMS LIKE EVERY SINCE I ENTERED PUBLISHER CLEARING HOUSE I'VE GOTTEN S%#T LIKE THIS, HUMMMMM? WHEN WE ENTER SWEEPSTAKES, COUPONS ETC. AND THEY CLAIM THAT THEY DON'T SHARE R INFO. HOW N THE HELL IS THERE REAL PROOF OF THAT FACT FOR US?

GO TO HELL OR JAIL FAKERS
 28th of Dec, 2011 by   Mrs. CUMMINGS 0 Votes
I too received this award letter telling me that I was a winner. For whatever reason this ugly game or prank is being played, when you dig one ditch, you better dig two. To all be ware and be wise to theses play pranks, the one who sent this it will return to you again, but maybe not the same way. why not put them on the blast and let the television determined who is really the lucky winner?
 4th of Feb, 2012 by   Ciciandalvin 0 Votes
I sent the first letter back W MY SIGNATURE! And today I gt another letter saying my funds are on hold unless I send $11.89. Its also signed by a William macdougal. They can't do nothing w my signature can they?
 4th of Feb, 2012 by   Ciciandalvin 0 Votes
I sent first letter back w no money. I got a letter today saying my funds were on hold until I paid the money. It was signed by a william macdougal. Now someone please tell me, I signed the first letter, can they use that for illegal stuff?

Tan Man Fraud Report