logo

Mercadolivre Mercadolivre.com.br
Qualicação Injusta Reputação Vendas Concretizadas
2. (39 mins ago)
Luminess Air
still taking money out of my account
3. (41 mins ago)
CreateSpace
Scammers
4. (43 mins ago)
gototrafficschool.com
worst website & service ever
5. (54 mins ago)
Melissa Brault
Sent deposit, story keeps changing

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Avon Complaints & Reviews - return policy

Avon Contacts & Informations

Avon

Posted:    anonimous

return policy

I had purchased a travel bag from Avon and when the rep handed me the bag i looked it over and realized that is was way smaller than anticipated and very poorly made. I told the Avon rep that i wanted to return it and she said i would have to still pay for it and hold onto it until the next order because she has to pay for the item upfront therefore i would have to wait to get my money back when Avon gives her the credit back. That could be 2 weeks. So i have to pay for an item that i don't want and now i have to wait up to 2 weeks to return it. That is the worst policy i have ever heard of. If i don't like the item i should have just been able to hand it right back to her and only pay for the items i chose to keep. Not pay for it and then wait for a refund. I think it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it is a bogus policy and someone needs to come up with something better if they want to keep their customers.
Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jul, 2009 by   TRICA ~YOUR AVON LADY~ 0 Votes
YOU NEED A NEW REP AND YOU NEED TO REPORT HER!
 20th of Jul, 2009 by   TRICA ~YOUR AVON LADY~ 0 Votes
Hello my friend!

Have you tried these numbers?
AVON Customer Service (513)551-2866
AVON Product Questions: (800)445-2866

If this does not work, you can e-mail me avon.trica@sbcglobal.net and I will see what I can do furthef for you my friend! :)
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   MAR3 0 Votes
This isn't the representative's fault. The bags are very often intentionally NOT shown in a woman's hand so that they look larger than they are. Representatives are having really bad problems with the makeup now because Avon is issuing the tiniest tubes of lip gloss and eyeshadow you've ever seen in your life. I call them doll-size.

I very often warn customers to check the dimensions before ordering the travel/makeup cases.

If the bag looks different, there may have been a substitution. Avon wanted me to charge a customer $5.99 for a bag they substituted for a nice, larger bag. The substitute was small and ugly. Luckily, I had purchased the 'real' bag earlier for myself and hadn't used it yet, so I gave her mine instead.

But because Avon put the Item Number of the good bag instead of the crappy one, I don't even know if I can return the ugly bag. I'm going to try. It's $5.99 out of my pocket otherwise, and we know Avon only gives us a 20% margin on their China-made carp (that's ooh-la-la, $1.20 profit, or read: sixty cents after a senior discount. Why, I'm rolling in the dough.)

So far, I've $21 in postage for returns because I will not put up with Avon BS damaged, undersized products, etc.

That is very hard to make up with Avon's disgustingly small margins. (Don't buy the 50% lie -- that's only for newbies. Once your in four campaigns, you have to sell $145 every 2 weeks to get even 30% off non-fixed price (Chinesse) items. That's over $290 a month for a cheesy 30% return! And if you cannot meet it, you'll only get 20%!)
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   MAR3 0 Votes
Trica, it's against Avon policy to use the word Avon in website addresses or email addresses. You can get your Avon account suspended if it's noticed by a competitive representative (like printing the "Avon" email address on business cards or posting it on the internet for all to see.) Review the Policy and Procedures posted at YourAvon.com.
 13th of May, 2010 by   Tikeya 0 Votes
As a rule of thumb, an Avon rep. should never give a customer their order until that customer has full payment in hand. And yes, Avon has gotten more strict now with certain things, so an Avon rep HAS to pay Avon the due balance by the time she submits the next campaign's order, otherwise Avon will put that representative's future campaign orders ON HOLD. If a rep owes Avon $30 because you chose not to pay her for what you ordered, that rep will end up having to pay out of her own pocket, or Avon will put her future order on hold, and this sucks for both the rep. and for the other customers who have ordered items with her. Avon reps. have to deal with a lot of unfair things, including having to pay out of pocket to return items to Avon (when a customer changes their mind about a product). I have several items that I have to return to Avon, and I have to pay out of my own pocket to return them, and I think that's very unfair.
 11th of Feb, 2011 by   xoxsasha 0 Votes
i agree. i hate when i have to send things back because avon didnt make a good product and i have to pay out of my own pocket to send it back. In what world is it my fault if they are advertising that something is better than it really is. And even if the product is fine and the person decides for whatever reason its not what they wanted why should I have to pay for shipping it back? Avon should without question be reimbursing us for shipping. Just shipping products back causes me to lose half my commission sometimes!
 15th of Nov, 2011 by   Disallusionedavonrep 0 Votes
Avon is very upseting I have been with them for 2 yrs.. and I had to close a store and return avon items... since I wont have the traffic to sell the avon items purchased.. and with everyone losing their jobs... I have had to return items back to them... so, avon acts l ike no one has ever returned items before .. and cancels your credit.. unless you send everything back first then they issue you credit... I dont know about anyone else... I dont get paid enough from avon, even when they say you make this much they forget that they are taking for all the extras they are sending you so bottom line .. you make $20 whoooo hooo gas money

You Survived Tsa Now Welcome to Baggage Claim Hell