logo

Kavishtechnosoft
phone scam
4. (22 mins ago)
Kenmore Canister Vacuum
New Vacuum is horrible !!
5. (38 mins ago)

Posted:    Nancy

Fraud and scam

Aurora Loan Services
alservices.com
Yesterday, I finally found out that Homecomings Financial owns my Aurora Loan Services 1st Mortgage. Originally, Homecomings held both my 1st and 2nd loans. Then last summer they 'sold' the 1st to Aurora Loans, or so they said.

In August '08, when I realized I needed some kind of loan modification or I could lose my house, I called Aurora Loans for help with the 1st mortgage. They told me that since both loans were no longer with the same company, they could not help me with any type of loan modification.

Next, when I called Homecomings Financial to see could be done about the 2nd, Homecomings handed me the same line. Because they only owned one of my mortgage loans, they were unable to help with any loan modifications.

In the Fall of ‘08 I had to resort to a Short Sale, but even then Aurora refused to talk with our Realtor, and would not consider any offers or dealings whatsoever that involved a short sale.

On Jan. 8, 2009, Homecomings (the company we thought was holding only the 2nd mortgage) began foreclosure proceedings. I received the Notice of Default, dated Jan. 8, 08. Still trying to figure out why Homecomings listed my mortgage on the Notice of Default as $750, 000 instead of the $150, 000 I owe Homecomings for the 2nd, I decided to contact Aurora Loan Services to ask them who really owns my first mortgage.

I called Aurora Loan Services yesterday (Feb. 18, 09), and their rep said she could not disclose the name of my lender because my lender is a private investor. She did offer that the loan is not with Fanny Mae or Freddie Mac.

Finally, I pulled out my records and double-checked my Deed of Trust. As it turns out, apparently I was never issued a new deed last summer when Aurora supposedly bought my loan. So, I called the Los Angeles County Clerk's office, only to find out THAT HOMECOMINGS HAS BEEN THE LENDER FOR BOTH LOANS ALL ALONG!

Both companies lied to me in saying that “two separate companies" owned the loans, they misrepresented themselves with monthly statements that had no indication that these two companies were connected in any way, they refused to talk with me or my Realtor when we tried to do a legitimate short-sale, and they still refuse to disclose that Homecomings owns both the 1st and the 2nd mortgages.

How can we find out of anyone is planning a class action suit against either of these two companies? I will be calling the FTC today to register a formal complaint about these rapscallions.
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Feb, 2009 by   lds 0 Votes
I'm going through the exact same run around with Aurora. Attention should be brought to this company immediately. I intend to file a complaint as well. Thanks for posting.
 24th of Feb, 2009 by   Wanda 0 Votes
If anyone plans to conduct a class action suit against Aurora Loan Services please COUNT ME IN!!!

Wanda
 5th of Mar, 2009 by   vijay 0 Votes
I should check with Aurora about who loans my loan???? I have first with Aurora and Second with Homecomings!!! How can I find out who is the original note holder? Can I get the info from the County office?
 6th of Mar, 2009 by   LeAnn Janke 0 Votes
I have received the same treatment from Aurora, they keep telling me they can not tell me who owns my mortgages. Now they tell me I have to fax them a request signed to this number, fax#303-728-7648, after they claimed at the beginning they owned my mortgages...include me in on any class actions . And if any help is out there to help find out who really owns your mortgages please respond. Because I am sure from this fax# I will be sent some where else... LeAnn at LJANKE3@wi.rr.com Thanks!!! Subject:Aurora Loan Servicing Pratices Bad Banking Skills!
 11th of Mar, 2009 by   Jakgaph 0 Votes
Hey all...I am in...here is some stuff you should check out

http://dockets.justia.com/search?q=Aurora+Loan+Services+Inc 81 Federal Lawsuits against Aurora currently

Aurora Loan Services, LLC v SATTAR, Judge Arthur M. SCHACK, Kings, Index No. 15208/2007 (09 Oct 2007)
In Aurora Loan Services, LLC v SATTAR, Judge SHACK denied an application for an order for service by publication and dismissed the complaint by Aurora Loan Services, LLC, due to the plaintiff's lack of standing. The plaintiff pled a promissory note and mortgage iin which the promissory note was in favor of First Magnus Financial Corporation and the mortgage was recorded in favor of MERS. Judge SCHACK notes that there is no evidence whatsoever within the record that the mortgage was assigned in favor of the plaintiff and notes that no such mortgage assignemnt was either pled or recorded. Judge SCHACK goes on to note that First Magnus Financial Corporation had gone out of business in AUgust 2007 and filed for bankruptcy on August 21, 2007. The opinion then contains a thorough discussion of the case authority requiring a plaintiff to have demonstrable standing in order to be eligible to maintian a suit. In addition to dismissing the suit, Judge SCHACK also cancelled the notice of pendency. Judge SCHACK also found the original complaint and suit to be frivolous, but declined to impose sanctions upon the law firm filing the suit because it was the first instance that the Court had noted such conduct.

Produce the note (this got me thinking)

Produce the note (CNN Money)

Woman discusses 2 parties trying to foreclose (news Story)

Produce the note (CNN)

Good morning ameerica produce the note (feb 2009)

Success with produce the note (RI attorney)

A differnet twist discussing fiat currency

Articles
Florida

Judges making companies produce the note

Mortgage Note issues help Debtors avoid foreclosure

Who owns your loan

More on note case

Derivatives & Mortgage Notes

AZ foreclosure laws

Ohio Case

Two different plaintiffs claim to own mortgage

Banks Lose foreclosure case no note

Mortgage Servicing Fraud

Lehman Bankruptcy (LEH owns Aurora Loan Servicing)

RESPA LETTER
 12th of Mar, 2009 by   James 0 Votes
Aurora Loan Services holds my first and second. I had sent a retention packet to them preemptively as my wife and I are still current. They received and documented that they had received the packet in their system on 1/30/09. On 3/7/09 when I phoned them to discuss the negotiation, their representative blatantly lied to me saying they had not received my packet, and because of this she could not assist me further. I called back; I had hung up and my wife had a question about Escrow... The next rep who helped me with that question mentioned that the previous person I had dealt with noted in the system that the paperwork they had had yet to be reviewed, yet that first representative had turned me away without disclosing the truth. I now have no trust in a transaction relationship with them and plan to sue them for the settlement of my mortgage as paid in full. Crazy? Maybe, but because of the irreparable damage caused when their agent purposely lied to me, and my inability to have any other bank buy my note becuase of its worthlessness in terms of upside down equity, I believe I have no other recourse.
 12th of May, 2009 by   TRACY 0 Votes
I am on board with complaints about Aurora Loan Services. I, too, have a loan that I am trying to modify. The whole thing is frusterating. Tracy__tracyrosenfeld@aol.com
 13th of May, 2009 by   IE Guy 0 Votes
After faxing a letter requesting to know who my note holder was, I finally got a reply!!! According to Aurora, the investor is Citibank, N.A., in trust for, Lehman XS Trust Mortgage. With this given information, does anyone know what the next step could be?!?! Any help apprecicated!!!

Also, if anyone would like, I can email a copy of the letter sent (in a word document) for your convenience.

Thanks!!!
 14th of May, 2009 by   Las Vegas 0 Votes
Aurora Servicing... Once you know who your investor is find out if they purchased MIP insurance... then find out who the insurance company is. Example my investor is Freddie Mac and they are insured with Triad Guaranty. The insurance company was very interested to find out how uncooperative auraoa was and was able to help to get aurora back on track and do a modification. The insurance company is on the hook if the proptery goes into foreclosure so they have an interst in working out a win win situation.
 27th of May, 2009 by   Ariel65 0 Votes
i'M IN THE SAME SITUATION . .. i'M MAKING BIG PAYMENTS WITH THE PROMISE OF A MODIFICATION LOAN BUT I DON SEE MY BALANCE GOING DOWN BUT UP WITH FEES AND NO ONE ANSWERS ANY QUESTIONS . .. MY E-MAIL ARIEL65@MAC.COM . . .. I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT
 12th of Jun, 2009 by   benjamin duong 0 Votes
I am also trying to modify my ARM from Aurora. They will not not tell me who owns my mortgages and I'm always on hold for 40+ minutes. If there is anything anyone can do to help me please contact my at benjamin.duong@yahoo.com
 16th of Jun, 2009 by   Jade 0 Votes
Please contact me if you have any knowledge of a class action lawsuit against Aurora Loan Services. We too have fallen victim to their unfair lending practices and lies. They refuse to help. They told us to let our house go.
 16th of Jun, 2009 by   Jade 0 Votes
My email is: jadewhitehead@yahoo.com
 15th of Jul, 2009 by   MORTGAGE RECOVERY SERVICE CENTER OF L.A. 0 Votes
Hello, my name is Christopher Scott founder of Mortgage Recovery Service Center of Los Angeles. We are a para-professional mortgage fruad research group. Our services is to evaluate loan applications and determine if the broker or lender falsified the income or assets, draft federal complaint out lining the fruad and file the complaint in federal court. Currently there are thousands of victoms of this kind of mortgage fruad. And most of them do not even know. I say, if you could afford your home prior to the new loan. You should be able to afford a new one loan "if the broker and lender used your correct income and assets. It's the broker and lenders responsibillity to process a loan the homeowner can afford. And reject the loan if you are under-qualified! I ask that all of those who are having trouble with your loans. Take a look at your loan application ( it's called a 1003). Compare the income and assets on the loan application to the income and assets you show on your tax return and check stubs? If they don't match. And you had nothing to do with falsifying this information on the loan application. Your a victim of MORTGAGE FRUAD! THAT'S WHY YOUR LOSING YOUR HOME AND THE BANKS WANT MODIFY THE LOAN. THEY REALIZE YOU COULD'NT AFFORD IT IN THE FIRST PLACE, HOWEVER, FOR THE SAKE OF GREED, THE BROKER SUBMITTED THE LOAN AND THE LENDER CLOSED THEIR EYES AND FUNDED IT. THEY DON'T WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN, SEEING THE THAT THESE TYPES OF LOANS ARE PROSECUTED AROUND THE COUNTY BY THE UNITED STATE DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE. DID YOU KNOW THAT FALSIFYING THIS INFOMATION CARRY' A PRISON TERM OF UP TO THIRTY YEARS AND A FINE OF UP TO ONE MILLON DOLLARS. CAN YOU COPE WITH THAT? HAD THE BROKER OR LENDER TOLD YOU THIS IN THE BEGINNING, WOULD YOU HAVE SIGNED THE LOAN APPLICATION? THIS IS CALLED UNFAIR AND UNLAWFUL PRACTICES! NOW IF YOUR ONE OF THOSE UNFORTUNATE PERSONS WHO HAS LOST AN INCOME OR JOB. AND THAT'S THE REASON WHY YOU CAN'T AFFORD THE MORTGAGE. THAT NOT WHO I'M TALKING ABOUT! BUT THOSE OTHER, IF YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR LOAN APPLICATION. CALL YOUR BROKER AND ORDER IT OR PICK IT UP. TELL THEM YOU WANT TO USE THE SAME INFORMATION THAT YOU USED WHEN YOU GOT THE KNEW LOAN. ALSO TELL THEM THAT YOU NEED IT TO HELP GET YOUR LOAN MODIFIED. CALL ME AND WE CAN GO OVER THE APPLICATION. YOUR LENDER MAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR HARDSHIP! Don't let them get you!
CHRISTOPHER SCOTT
Mortgage Recovery Service
Center of Los Angeles
310-957-7079
P.O. Box 470697
Los Angeles, CA 90047
 6th of Aug, 2009 by   davis98271 0 Votes
I am with all that want a suit against Aurora Loan, I have been dealing with them on and off and they will not help me at all. I have the same complaints as you all. My email is davis98271@hotmail.com please let me know how I can help this go forward.

Sincerely,

Mathew Davis
 8th of Aug, 2009 by   MORTGAGE RECOVERY SERVICE CENTER OF L.A. 0 Votes
Hey Mathew. Lets discuss your loan sanerio?
 20th of Aug, 2009 by   tryphenag +1 Votes
Aurora Loan Servicing is an evil company. Every complaint shown above is true. They lie, they never return phone calls, they are rude, the claim they never got your documents (althought you faxed them 10 times). PLEASE let me know who is taking this bull by the horns and filing a class action against these creeps.
Contact me : dperparos@sbcglobal.net
 26th of Oct, 2009 by   regineia 0 Votes
I applied trough HAMP program and Aurora denied me sending a letter that my denial was based on the negative property value of my rsidence. It is not my fault. the Whole Florida is lliving with this nigthmare . How can I go agains them? how canI pressure them to review my property value and apporve me. my income and docs approve me just the property value killed me. regineia@comcast.net
 31st of Oct, 2009 by   The Truth123 0 Votes
DO NOT DO A LOAN MOD. PLAN FOR abcde type of situations!
The 3 month trial period is a scam………..PLEASE if you are in desperation, do not pay anyone for anything. I can’t stress this over the internet but if you search for loan mods that are going or went through they are lies. Not just mine and I’m still in one right now, but hundreds that have had the time to tell the American people about the fraud by sending this. Here is a hint: you send 1200 for the 3 month trial every month: part goes to taxes, part to home insurance and the rest is in their pocket….not towards your mortgage. PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT SPEND YOUR SAVINGS!!!

PS. I canceled the check before they are getting' my 3rd month trial payment. Class action is what I do believe is what would be needed in this whole foreclosure scheme/SCAM! cside702@aol.com
 15th of Nov, 2009 by   NormP1153 0 Votes
Aurora is a Wart on the back end of a hog. Tried the Loan Mod, and was originally "approved" but on review of the Loan Mod Docs, I noted a serious error in the computation of the escrow. When I contacted, or shall I say when they finally contacted me, they gave me the option of just signing the docs and living with the excessive escrow error, or thye offered to recopute the escrow and PROMISED to have the new docs in my hands in plenty of time before the next payment was due. Now there's a lie for you! After repeated telephone calls, they finally returned my call when the first payment was due and told me that I was now denied the Loan Modification! In addition, they had the audacity to demand all payments be made current. They also stated they would be back to me in 14 days with the results of a re-review after I questioned their position. Rather than be put in a worse position, I signed and notarized the original docs, sent them in with the proper payment under the Loan Modification Plan. I have not heard a peep, they cashed my check and I am now prepared to just let them have the house back if they balk. If they foreclose, let them explain themselves to the foreclosure judge; I have all the documents and witnesses to our conversations (including my attorney). If they win and file a deficiency judgement, I'll just declare bankruptcy. NOW who wins? They could play ball, but I have found out Aurora is just giving 'lip service' to the Obama Home Modification Program because they never took TARP money! Aurora Loan mods? FORGET IT! IT is time for a Class Action Suit. They lie, they delay, then expect you to make good as you are the offending party!

Identity Theft Strikes 1 in 8 Adults