logo

Atlantic Remodeling

Posted:    OliV78

Stay away

Atlantic Remodeling
1. Appt scheduled at 9 a.m.; was called the night before as a reminder and again at 8 a.m. that morning, but salesman was still 30 minutes late.

2. I immediately smelled beer on his breath (9:00 a.m.)

3. He began his 'pitch' complaining about the company - "I'm really mad at my company right not" because they made him drive in to the office several miles away and my home is close to where he lives. Very unprofessional.

4. He made an inappropriate racial slur: "If you buy this stuff from Paco off a truck..."

5. Used mild cuss language

6. When I said I wasn't going to sign anything today, and that it bothered me when companies offered a 25% discount only if you sign that day (because if they can afford a 25% discount, they must not be offering the best price), he said it would be a waste of time for him to measure my house then. As others have mentioned, his whole attitude changed.

7. He asked to use my phone and I gave him my land line phone. He tried to make a long distance call on it, but I don't have long distance, which he complained about. Then he asked for my cell phone, and I said, "Don't you have a cell phone?" and he said he did but his was in the truck and it was dead. He then proceeded to call the company and say this was a waste of time and that I was freaked out when he gave me the estimate range ($12, 000 - 31, 000), which I did not do.

8. When he was packing up I asked if he had a business card (because I didn't catch his name and I was pretty sure I wanted to make a complaint), and he would not give me one.

After he left I wondered seriously if he had been casing my house and if the whole thing was a scam.

After several hours of stewing over this, I decided to call the company, because seriously, I'll never recommend them and if it were my company I'd like to know my salespeople are like this, but then I ran across these complaints and realized the company doesn't really care.

I am single and am really uncomfortable knowing this guy knows where I live.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Sep, 2009 by   garab +1 Votes
This company is terrible! They use tacky sales tactics and rely on unethical bully-like pressure at the end of their long-winded pitch... I was ready to call the police to get them out of my house. Stay clear of this company!
 18th of Nov, 2009 by   No good +2 Votes
Stay Away...
I just had Alantic Remolding salesman came by for a sales pitch on window s ...They told me it would take 1hour to do..Watch out, he spent 2 1/2 hours talking.. When I told the salesman my original price range on what I wanted to pay for windows, he continue his speech. I told him I did not want any pressure sale about signing up today with a discount..Well that still came around, when he said he would give me a 25% off the price if I sign up today.. They inflate the price to cover their discount...
At the end of talk, he told me the job would cost anywhere from 7000.00 to 16, 000.00 dollars.. this was way over my buget.. By the way, he used my phone to call his boss and I did not know it was a long distance call to his boss... Why did he have to call him anyway.. ( I ask him why.. and he gave me a smart ass answer... saying to make sure he was doing a sale and not eating at Mcdonalds... I did not feel comfortable with the whole process and will look at more professional people who treat there prospective clients better...
 18th of Nov, 2009 by   No good +2 Votes
no good
 7th of Aug, 2010 by   wrwrestler6 -4 Votes
First of all, mild cuss language? That has nothing to do with the sale, and dont even act like your so high and mighty youve never said damn or hell LOL. Inappropriate racial slur? It's not inappropriate, its true! If you buy from illegitimate businessmen who dont have the right stuff, they are going to sell you crap products and do a crappy job. Thats just the way it is. "Racial" or not.

Some of the stuff was valid complaints- him being late, beer on his breath, needing to use your phone was just a courtesy thing you should have just let him do it and not really cared, if you were simply a nice person, I mean I woudl have, but whatever I guessss its unprofessional if you wanna be a stingy jerk about it...

And the last line almost made me crack up laughing! "I am single and am really uncomfortable knowing this guy knows where I live." The f*ckkk? What, do you expect this guy to come into your house and attack or rape you or something, or egg your house? Lady, dont flatter yourself! The salesman was doing all he could to get OUT of that damn house. You should be ashamed of yourself lmao, idk how bad your personality and mood had to be for a home improvement salesman to tuck his tail between his legs and run, but you managed to somehow achieve it. Sad, really. But yeah, dont have these fantasies of the guy coming back. I can ASSURE YOU he wont, and i can assure you its safe that he has your house number. Its in a huge file cabinet somewhere, and i doubt he plans on accessing your info anytime soon... say in the next 50 billion years. K thanks
 9th of Feb, 2012 by   Burnt Customer +1 Votes
Obviously a salesman typed the last reply. Whatever, scumbag. They asked if I had shopped around and I stupidly told them I had not. He pitched me a roof price of $18, 000. When I told him that's too high, he got down $14, 000. When we told him we had to think about it, he called from his magical cell phone and came up with a price of $11, 000, but only if we signed right now, AND we had to sign off on the the right to rescind. No pressure they, eh? We also had to promise him not to tell our friends of the special, special price we got. Stupid us... we had 2 neighbors with the same house style get it done elsewhere for $7k and $8k, with the same warrantys and type of roofing shingle. Whatver... I really should have told this greasy dude to get out of my house. Oh well, live and learn.
 30th of Mar, 2012 by   Toast_In_Md 0 Votes
high pressure sales tactic scum!!!
 19th of Apr, 2012 by   Jen alegre 0 Votes
Stay away! Aggressive sales tactics. Our rep was there for almost4hours and lied to us with the financing. After the job was done, which was not on time, the crew didnt clean up well and our landscapers couldn't cut our lawn due to the degree laying around the bushes and yard. T make it worse we had a major leak from them not sealing a window properly and it was raining inside our house all weekend! Their service center didn't have an emergency line. To top it off, nobody got back to me after leaving many messages. If I had to do it over, I wouldn't use them at all!!!

Fake Check Fraud