logo

DMCI
To aspiring & excited homeowners - BEWARE OF DMCI, Royal Palms
3. (13 mins ago)
Psg Surveys
Stay away from these con artist
4. (14 mins ago)

Posted:    GerH74

Don't use home delivery

Asda
Here's why I'm never using Asda home delivery again:

My girlfriend and I had a delivery booked for Tuesday evening (3rd Nov), between 7 and 9pm, which we were looking forward to because the cupboard was bare. It got to 9pm and as we had heard nothing at all from Asda, I called the helpline, and spoke to a very helpful person in South Africa who said he would call the store in Colindale to find out what was going on and get back to me within 10 mins. About half an hour later, after hearing nothing, I called again. I spoke to a different person who said the same thing as the first. This time, he did call back to say that the driver was "nearly there". After another 20 mins or so, I called the helpline again, but as it was now after 10pm, it had closed. We had no delivery, and overcome by hunger, had a late supper of plain boiled rice and soy sauce. It wasn't bad, but wasn't the prawn stir fry we anticipated.

The next morning, I called and spoke to someone in South Africa again. He asked me if I'd be in that evening and I said, yes, between 6:30pm and 7:30pm only. I got a call back to say that all was well, and that the Colindale store would make the delivery between 6:30pm and 7:30pm. Apparently, the driver had tried to call the previous night because he was "lost", but didn't get an answer so went back to the store. I find this hard to believe as I was sat next to my phone all evening. He certainly didn't leave a message with a number to call back on, which would've been the blindingly obvious thing to do if someone doesn't answer their phone on the first try. But, like I say - there was no call, no missed call and no message.

Anyway, by 7:30pm that evening, I was on the phone again to someone else in South Africa asking where my delivery was and complaining again about yet again being let down. She called back about 10 mins later to tell me that she couldn't find out what the problem was because they "keep hanging up the phone on me at the Colindale store". I told her I had to leave. She asked if she could re-arrange for the next evening. I reluctantly agreed. I then told her that I would really appreciate a call from either the Colindale store or the driver to explain what had been going on and why they had failed yet again to make the delivery. I then got a phone call from a different person in the call centre about 20 mins later. She told me that she was calling to re-book my delivery, but that the next available delivery slot would be on Saturday. I told her to forget about it. She asked me in a disapproving tone if I was really going to cancel the order. "Yes", I said.

I've complained on the phone and via email to Asda and - needless to say - have heard nothing back. The only apologies I've got are from the poor people in the help centre in South Africa who seem as mucked around as we do. I don't consider it acceptable that me and my girlfriend have had two consecutive evenings ruined by waiting for a delivery that never comes and numerous calls back and forth to South Africa. We will obviously never use Asda again, and let our friends and family know about our experience, but I still feel owed an apology for massive time wasting involved. The arrogance of the Colindale store is quite breathtaking - they couldn't even be bothered to let us know the delivery would be late, let alone that it was never going to show up, for two days running.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Nov, 2009 by   Michael56 0 Votes
Had the exact same experience, late delivery they didn't bother informing me was going to over two hours late. Customer helpline was pointless, they had less idea where it was than I did. After phoning them, they said they would phone back...yeah right. I had to phone them back again, to which they said they didn't know where it was. I asked to cancel my order to which she spat okay!, Didn't ask if I wanted it re-dilivered another day or how I was getting my re-fund.

Now its a war of words between my bank and ASDA, as my bank are adamant I need to get ASDA to tell them they aren't taking the money, and ASDA saying they need my bank to tell them all sorts of codes and such which I am not giving to someone over the phone.
 5th of Mar, 2010 by   h2ojo 0 Votes
Hah! I am so glad thats its not just me then, getting a rubbish service. I ordered on line due to a bad back and asked for the morning delivery slot, then no deliveries four hours later, did the usual phone calls to be told that it would arrive in the evening. I cancelled and now i wont be debited back until the following week. So where is my money ? I would love to walk out of the store with £150 worth of shopping and see what they say its ridiculous that they can debit instantaneouly but not refund.So i amout of pocket and my children are eating beans on toast.I realise there are terrible thing happening in the world but being civil and providing an emapthetic service go a long way to creating harmony.
 6th of Oct, 2010 by   Ms. Spurr 0 Votes
Same has happened to me. My home shopping delivery should have been delivered this week (Monday 4th Oct 10) between 8.00 and 10.00 p.m. Needless to say it didn't arrive. I phoned the number given on the web site but the call was terminated 3 times so I called the store directly. I was on hold for 30 minutes and at 10.45 p.m I gave up and went to bed. I telephoned them the next morning and they said someone would call me back later that day. I said for them not to call me during the morning as I would be in a meeting and my phone would be off. I turned my phone back on at lunch time to find that they had indeed phoned me during the morning and had left a voicemail apologising and stating that my order had been cancelled. I phoned them back asking who had made the decision to cancel my order and that I would still like it to be delivered. I asked what had happened to my order and the home shopping manager told me that the delivery man had decided not to deliver my shopping because his shift had ended. I arranged for it to be delivered again this evening between 6.00 and 8.00 p.m. At 8.00 p.m. I contacted them as my order still hadn't been delivered and was told that they were running late and that my order was on the lorry and was on its way. Guess what - they haven't shown up again and no one is answering the phone. I'm so angry, I've got to phone them again tomorrow. They have taken my money from my bank account though. What do I do now???
 6th of Nov, 2010 by   Tkins 0 Votes
I am not sure if I am consoled or even more annoyed that I am not the only person who's been messed around. I see that this chat goes back a year ago and there if still no improvement despite the many complaints that I have come across online. I had the exact experience as the first person who started this chat. I was expecting my delivery on Tuesday evening, the order did not arrive and after many calls I was told that my order was running a little late. I gave up around midnight, the call centre was closed by then. Next day I reluctantly agreed for a redelivery, just to have the same thing happen again. The friendly SA help centre seems to be the only thing that they seem to gave gotten right! I told them to delete my records from their data base as I will most defn never shop at ASDA even if it's the last shop around!
 8th of Dec, 2010 by   lisa05030250 0 Votes
I have the exact same problem, I ordered a new TV from asda and was supposed to have it delivered on Saturday between 7am and 7pm, at about 6.15pm I called them up and asked where they were and the girl on the phone said she would phone me back, she did call back 5 mins later just to tell me that my order was not going to be delivered, I asked why no one had called and told me and she said because everyone is so busy no one called, I asked if someone could call me back and I can get another date arranged for them to deliver and she said someone will call, its now Wednesday and no phone call, and when I called up to cancel my order and get a refund the girl on the phone said I couldnt that I have to decline my goods at the door so they get them back just so I can be refunded??? I asked could she not just cancel as I have not got the goods and she said no sorry company procedure - am I being messed around here or what???
 5th of Aug, 2011 by   dmallon 0 Votes
Currently having exactly the same experience. We're still waiting on our shopping that was due between 7pm - 9pm last night. We called the helpline at 9pm to ask what was wrong and was told that it would be delayed by 45 mins. An hour later we phoned only to be told that it would still be arriving that evening but had no way of getting in touch with the driver. It's nearly 3pm now and despite calling them at 8:30am and a subsequent email, we've not been given any update whatsoever. Our account was credited with a voucher giving us free delivery on our next order, however I feel this is a shameless and transparent way of trying to get us to shop with them again. We're now just going to try and cancel the order, and given that they've clearly breached the contract of sale, we're hoping that we'll get a full refund (although the comments here are less than encouraging!)

Account Verification‏ Western Union Scam