logo

Scam

Arbonne
Florida
Arbonneinternational.com
I was pretty high up in Arbonne and got out after all the lies and scams! This is 100% a business you should stay away from. The goal is truly to get YOUR money. First of all, there are plenty of similar products that are available for a lot less money. Second, your "upline" will only help you until they get all your start money then your friends and family. After that you are not only on your own...they will continue to hound your friends and family to get as much "start up" money as they can. Third, you WILL lose family and friends from this type of business. It's a scam in so many ways not to mention it will destroy relationships. Lastly, many of the "higher" reps will tell you 100% that you can't sell products on eBay. This is a complete lie. Trust me, your "upline" gets a much greater discount than you will in the start and they can afford to sell on eBay at a huge discount. Why would they do this? To maintain there status. Not only does this give them higher percentages of your hard work (and all your friends and family who get suckered into this) but the will grasp onto you like a bloodsucker until there's nothing left, then they're on to the next victim. Don't be fooled! There are so many reasons why you should NOT do Arbonne. I am not a frustrated ex rep. I was actually making good money. I did however lose good relationships family and friends as I became one of the bloodsuckers. Trust me again, the ONLY way you can male money is to truly become one of the bloodsuckers. If you're comfortable screwing friends and family out of money, then maybe this is the business for you. If you think you will actually make a living with arbonne being honest and actually selling product...then watch out! You are about to lose a lot of money, family, and friends.
Comments United States Work at Home
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Jul, 2009 by   skincarechic 0 Votes
Thank you for your post. I see most of the problem lies within their compensation plan. When I first researched their opportunity, I knew their was no way I could make a good income from catalog sales. I found a new company called Votre VU that I am starting with due to they have an obtainable compensation plan. Their products are high end like Arbonne... a little on the pricy side, but they are good.

missy42180@aol.com
 15th of Sep, 2009 by   hope4mike +1 Votes
I am so sorry that you had such a bad experience with Arbonne. As with any business or hobby, a person has to be careful at how they handle their friends and family. I have owned several network marketing businesses and have had the greatest success with Arbonne. I have had to remind myself that I can't abuse my "warm" market and to make sure that I still talk to them about other things. I have been in the business over almost a year now and just now have made a believer out of my closest family. They were skeptical at first. As far as my upline becoming money hungry, I have to remember that this is their business, too. I have never been pressured in a negative way to produce and work my business. The price of the product is costly but because they are botanicals and safe, it is worth it. Yes, I can save tons of money with my skin care but I would rather use something that isn't harming myself or my family in the process. As with any investment, you have to put money into it in order to be successful. I prefer to invest into my family and Arbonne allows that. I am a stay at home mom and I am so thankful for an opportunity to bring in money and it not take away from my daughter.

I wish you the best in your endeavors!

Hope
(hopeholden@gmail.com)
 9th of Oct, 2009 by   philjstreet +1 Votes
Hi there, I have to agree with Hope here, make no bones about this, this is not a business for everyone, no business is and to think otherwise is naive. It truly depends on the individual. The other problem I have with Lakeshores comments is that, like in so many aspects of life, people are unwilling to take responsibility for their own decisions. I have been doing Arbonne for 4 months now and am knocking down the door of NVP in the UK. I have done this through ethical approaches and showing people the door and allowing them to make the decision themselves. At no stage have I even got anywhere near becoming a "Bloodsucker". I operate a fully 100% door always open policy to my down line and encourage them all to behave in a tactful manner at all times.

If you feel you were turning in to a "Bloodsucker" then that is down to you to take responsibility for your actions, you have the power over yourself, no-one else, it is your fault you became a "Bloodsucker", no one else. At no stage have I placed any pressure on friends and family to use these products and if that was your business plan then you were doomed to failure from the outset.

There will always be so many reasons why people should not do something that is not right for them, Arbonne obviously was not right for you, leave it there. To assume that it is not right for everyone is so small minded and is one of the main general reasons there are so many issues in the world today, a lack of understanding that there are always two sides to every story. It is the same in business.

I would be very keen to understand what level you got to as your information seems flawed to me and if you had such a probelm with your Upline, why did you not report them? Remember Arbonne is registered with the direct selling agency and as a result are bound by a code of ethics. I would be happy to help you hunt out anyone that was not adhering to this code.

I am more than happy to field any questions on this subject at any stage and thank you for listening.

Warm Regards
Phil
(philjstreet@yahoo.co.uk)
 22nd of Oct, 2009 by   Arbonne Burned Me 0 Votes
Well, it's about time the roof finally caved in at Arbonne. I knew this would happen with the way the company was run. They turned the other way when pyramids were built, people like me were taken advantage of and profits soared.

But greed and deception caught up with Arbonne and its former owners, Harvest Partners. Despite countless people like me, now without a husband but with a garage full of RE9, the roof caved in. Management encouraged frontloading, and I wonder how many people it affected like me. Management didn't seem to mind when my upline told me I needed to buy in for $2, 500. I guess karma finally caught up with these guys, and that's why they're out.

My NVP told me earlier this week that everything is great, that Arbonne is on its way to $2 billion. Really? I guess the reason the banks took over the company and Harvest is out is because the company is about to experience growth? I'm sure Harvest left it for dead for some reason other than what my NVP is telling me. Surely they had a reason to hang on to a company that's really on its way to $2 billion.

On Wednesday, Arbonne posted this on their website, but then took it down the same day!

Doesn't sound like a company headed for $2 billion. Sounds like a company salvaging the scraps, begging to keep people around while they pull cash out one last time.

Well, sorry Arbonne. Your PIN number is no longer valid at my ATM. You fooled me once. Shame on you.
 23rd of Oct, 2009 by   laras +1 Votes
Who is your NVP? Our team doesn't do the frontloading Results approach and I am sorry if you were swayed into purchasing a lot of product up front. That approach is not good for long term growth/customers. We do the party plan and the startup cost is minimal..the $109 consultant fee and usually the RSVP for $350..but many people start with just a few prodcust and borrow the rest of the products for the party until they earn enough product to buy their own set...

As for the Arbonne financial news, it is a bit unsettling, but honestly most companies in this economy are restructuring and managing debt differently..so I am not surprised.

Best of luck to you!
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   jjcombs +1 Votes
All you Arbonne people are like Stepford people - and you ARE bloodsuckers, and brainwashed ones at that. You ALL say the same exact thing, like Moonies, like you memorize a script. Anyone else reading this, you'd be better off going to the Body Shop which also does not test on animals, or use Clinique which is also good. Or Avon, which has a botanical line of cosmetics that are a lot cheaper, and you can buy from a catalogue or go to an Avon Store alone and not have to bribe 50 of your friends & family to buy it with you. Arbonne is like a cult. Be afraid, be very afraid!
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   ssimpson +1 Votes
ok all, first of all I do like Arbonne and it is a shame you ran into some not so helpful upline. But this is a business and any business you go into, you need to constantly learn and be responsible for YOURSELF!! There are bloodsuckers/brainwashers etc in all businesses, but if you go into it thinking it is a get rich quick business, you are mistaken. NO business is like that. YOU have to work hard at it and take responsibility for your own actions and be willing to get out there and talk to people and know you will hear lots of no's. This is not a business for lazy people. The products are very good. There is a 45 day money back if not happy with it and yes I have sent a clients product back before without any hassle. You probably had a lazy upline and that would be frustrating, but just admit it isn't for you and you didn't have the drive for it and leave it at that. No one made you purchase items, bribe you 50 friends and family. It was your choice. I personally know a friend that started with Mary Kay and went deep in debt... Her upline told her she needed to buy all this product and she did it, but in reality, she could have said no...there has to be a better way of doing this business, which is what you might have done. So really my advice to you is stick with a 9-5 job with a boss...network marketing may not be the place for you. Good luck in your future.
 18th of Nov, 2009 by   JBK +1 Votes
It is YOUR business!!! The way you handled it was all up to YOU!!! Your upline did not turn you into a bloodsucker. Jeeze you didn't even HAVE to have your upline to build your business. There are training tools on the Arbonne website to help you build your biz along with your own creativity. I too am curious as to how far up you got in the business. If you were an RVP or NVP then I definitely think at this point it was your responsibility to run your business the way you wanted to and to be the example for your downline to build their businesses ethically and with integrity. You don't have to lose family and friends with this business...the only reason that would happen is if you drive them away. If you get a no from someone or someone flat out tells you they think it's dumb then just don't talk to them about it. You said you are not a frustrated ex rep but obviously you are otherwise you would not have posted what you did. But, like ssimpson said, network marketing may not be the place for you. It's not for everyone. Arbonne, just like other networking marketing businesses is a time and money investment and from what I know about people I personally know who have been successful with this business WITHOUT being a bloodsucker, it was worth it because now they don't worry about money at all and have time freedom. Sounds like you just had a bad upline which is unfortunate for you.
 23rd of Nov, 2009 by   Meg7777 0 Votes
Look at this site below. Apparently Arbonne is owned by banks now and HP ran a huge debt. Shannon Johnson and Sibley Gammon left Arbonne and are with Trump Networking. That company is coming out with a Swiss line in the Spring. Why would someone like Shannon leave if she was making over 100, 000 a month. Even the Abonne site has a Q & A part of the internet consultant page. What is going on with Arbonne. Someone at Customer service admitted this is true and then another person denied it. Look at this site below. There are some messages from Shannon's cousin who is still with Arbonne. Is ARbonne going to be sold???????

Arbonne Bankruptcy Rumors?
Posted on 29. Oct, 2009 by Ty Tribble in Arbonne, Network Marketing News

Update:

Yesterday, I made a post about rumors related to Arbonne's financial situation. I confirmed those rumors from a number of people who participated in a nation wide conference call with Rita Davenport. Allegedly what was said on the call was something along the lines of if we don't get additional funding of $400 million dollars, we may file bankruptcy.

Then today, I woke up and found the following letter anonymously sent to me:

If you have any information, please post it.
 28th of Nov, 2009 by   envp 0 Votes
Arbonne is a 100% legitimate business. It is NOT going bankrupt. These negative internet posts are just lies by others to get you into their "new' business. Don't be fooled by serial MLM jumpers!
 5th of Dec, 2009 by   PrairieDweller 0 Votes
Bottom line of this MLM business or any other is, YOU don't earn your money, your DOWNLINE does. The money YOU earn, goes to your upline. Get it?
Also called a Pyramid

This site is a great wealth of info on MLM's and who really makes a living. Not money, but a living from these schemes: http://www.mlm-thetruth.com/tax_study.htm
This info is provided from CPA's around the country who actually do their taxes

I want to know, of all the Arbonne folks who post here, if you're doing well, how long have you been actually making a profit? A PROFIT
 12th of Dec, 2009 by   Gina Filippone 0 Votes
You are so wrong in your acquisations, your information is not accurate, I have been involved with Arbone for seven months now and have been doing great, my relationships with my friends and family are better than ever, and my uplines have been so supportive and helpful. We have formed not only a team together but great friend relationships. There is positive aspects to every situation. Arbonne creates attainable goals that can be achieved in a very short period of time. You can acheive financial freedom and have the lifestyle you deserve and have always dreamed of. I absolutely love what Arbonne has done for my family and my life. Its the best business decesion I have ever made, I am ever so grateful to ARBONNE!!!
 19th of Dec, 2009 by   jessie999 +1 Votes
Good for you Gina, just keep putting your head in the sand and you will be fine. I don't think you are an ENVP so you can't really be financially free.
Fact is Arbonne is going under reconstructuring. Your NVP won't tell you since ARbonne corporate had a meeting with all the ENVPs and the focus was to
keep these facts away. Their job is to keep you guys motivated. So go out there and preach the word. Also, if you can't read or research anything then you should not be
on this board.
 3rd of Feb, 2010 by   rickntenn 0 Votes
It seems that this Arbonne scam has infested church congregations. A specific example is the West Hills Presbyterian Church in Knoxville Tennessee, where the pastor Scott Horne and his wife Marian Horne have promoted this scheme within the church community. I can personally cite instances of divorce, separation of family and friends, and financial ruin directly attributable to the Arbonne scheme promoted through the West Hills Presbyterian Church. The church is no way involved in this; rather, it is those who worship the idols of money and the white Mercedes. The irony is that those involved have promoted Arbonne as a Christian-based company. It is structured more like a cult, in which those who do not participate are ostracised and labled as nuts for not falling for this "business opportunity" lunacy. Whether it is Arbonne, Amway, or others, when the emphasis is on recruiting others to "frontload" rather than sell a marketable product, it's a pyramid scheme. I have seen this scam promoted withing several congreations within the Southeast. Has anyone else witnessed these MLM scams promoted from within the church by the church leadership.
 9th of Feb, 2010 by   Em W. 0 Votes
Hi!!! Um I'm not really sure if what you are saying is true but I was just wondering, you said that there are many other skin care lines for cheaper, I was just wondering what other lines are 100% vegan, and organic for cheaper??? If any one has an answer I would really appreciate it!!!
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by   Mickey71 0 Votes
Unfortunately I joined Arbonne in 2008 after a high pressure sales pitch from a lady I met, and thought I could build a business from it. Then I discovered I am not a good salesperson and not comfortable pressuring others into buying/signing up for things either. Now 2 years later, I am stuck with thousands of dollars worth of products after initally investing well over $5000 into my 'business' At least I got a tax write off. But be forwarned go into these types of companies with your eyes wide open, and only if sales is your thing and you LOVE doing parties parties parties until you drop dead from exhaustion in hopes that you can sucker others into doing the same thing so you can get your white Mercedes! It is not for the lazy or the faint of heart, and you could lose money, time, friends and family in the process, which you may or may not get back. Just my 2 cents and a warning to potential Arbonne recruits. Do much research on your own, not what your 'upline' presents to you as it is marketing. Now I found out Arbonne filed for Chapter 11. Do you think my upline told me that? Noooo I had to find out for myself through another source! How embarrassing for me and all my clients!
 17th of Mar, 2010 by   Redyorkie1012000 +2 Votes
Hmmm. You uneducated people just kill me with your "hindsight" remarks. "Do much research on your own"..."My upline "fooled me" into investing $5000"..."Arbonne is filing Chapter 11"...yada yada yada. And now you want the rest of us to think you know everything? Some of us already did our "due diligence", and lo and behold, we are not sitting here bitching about being "scammed".

My husband and I have owned a successful jewelry store, amongst several other businesses, for many years, and we didn't just "jump in there" because some "upline person snookered us...sniff sniff". Good grief, people. Where does your own personal responsibility come in? As successful business people, yes, my husband and I have been approached by MANY "opportunities". However, we are smart enough to not get caught up in the "excitement of the initial meeting", and we go home with new ideas in our heads and discuss it and sleep on it. And no, not everything we have done has been a success, but there has been no one else to blame for it but us if it does not work out, as a rule.

I joined Arbonne many many years ago, at the behest of my best friend (who, by the way, is still my best friend), and I have never regretted it. I was a very happy customer of Mary Kay at the time until my friend rightly reminded me that I should at least give Arbonne a try because it was her that was asking. She was right. However, she was not asking for a monetary input, only that I should try a 3-day skincare sample. Which I did. And my jewelry customers were remarking on the second day about how my skin looked. So I joined, as a wholesale customer, not as a working consultant. Woo, it cost me twenty dollars at the time.

As time passed, and more jewelry customers commented on the difference in my looks, yes, I started to "sell Arbonne" a bit more. I spent MAYBE two days a month on it and was making about $600 a month, which was a nice little addition to our other businesses, with not much effort. Of course, that small effort has not afforded me the huge income that others who put their whole-hearted time into this business has, but I sure don't understand why all you people want to blame others because YOU were the ones who didn't do your due diligence, as I did. I don't really work my Arbonne business at this point, but that is due to circumstances in my life, not necessary for my point here. But I am still a consultant, I still "sell" to "friends and family", and yes, they all still speak to me.

That is the nice thing about Arbonne...for that small renewal fee each month, you may remain in the business, still look great, get your discounts, and pick the business back up when life goes back that way for you. I just don't get all of this negativity from people who obviously don't have a clue as to how a business works, whether it's a "regular" business or an MLM. The "forward thinkers" and the rich in this world surely did not/do not, have that outlook.

I still have jewelry customers who just "don't understand" why we had to raise prices when the price of gold jumped from $400/oz. to over $1000/oz. Do I really need to expound on that??? Our overhead still jumps, and so does the price of the gold we use to repair their jewelry. My seven-year-old niece understands that concept. You get what you pay for, yep, in jewelry and in Arbonne. And I don't think my niece would be stupid enough to believe someone who said you had to invest in $5000 worth of Arbonne when your Welcome Package that cost you $29 said NO, that is not necessary, nor advised.

OH, and did anyone ever hear of many many famous businesses restructuring themselves through different Chapters of "bankruptcy"?? How many of you have stayed in a Holiday Inn in the last 30 years? That's about how long it's been since they filed...doesn't mean they were going broke...it means they needed to "restructure", although that is probably a foreign concept to those of you who believe that working behind a cosmetic counter is the smart way to go.

I suppose I sound a bit grouchy (lol), but I just get so sick of listening to people who have NO CLUE how a business is actually run, and even sicker of people who blame others for their stupidity, when they have the same access to information that the rest of us do. I can't help it if you fell for some kind of Pep Rally BS, I just can't.

I get ALL the updates, training material, emails, etc., from Arbonne "corporate", same as anyone else who signs up for it, and I have NEVER felt obligated, berated, brainwashed, or the like, and if I did, I can certainly say it would be Bye Bye Arbonne, because I know better than to fall for that kind of stuff.

So until I see all of you naysayers doing the above-mentioned due diligence in life, whether it be Arbonne-related or not, I really don't have the patience for any of you, and yes, that is not very Arbonne-like...guess I never attended that "brainwashing class", huh?
 28th of Mar, 2010 by   discriminationbegone 0 Votes
My comment is are there any minorities in Arbonne, or at the top levels? I mean African Americans, Asian and Hispanic and other minorities do not seem to be featured in their magazines or articles or conventions. Anyone out there?
 1st of Apr, 2010 by   gotabrain 0 Votes
Oh, please!! I'm a beauty product junkie. I have tried them all. I read beauty magazines that reference dermatologists, make up experts (who don't represent a specific company) looking for their unbiased advise. Not ONCE have i ever read a thing about Arbonne. I have tried it. I have several neighbors, or should I say vultures, who deal in it. It is totally overpriced for an average to below-average product. Believe me, if it did everything they say it does, I'd be using it. I pay good money for products that work, but also pay very little for others that also are great. The bottom line, from my experience with my neighbors, is that the Arbot is always looking for the new sale or salesperson. If you are not interested, they have very little time for you. I know hundreds of folks who are so turned off by the constant sales tactics of these folks that, although they were once friends, they avoid them. It is really sad. They only hang with other Arbots. I mean, other sales folks in other products have normal lives. It truley is a cult-like organization, and a not very honest one at that.

My two cents.
 9th of Apr, 2010 by   Danielle Walker 0 Votes
Wow! This has not been my experience at all :/

I chose to do this business myself, no one pursued me- I'm the one who went after them because I truly love the product!!! The business is what i made of it~ and so far so good! I didn't have to hassle my family at all... I simply kept information with me and it sold itself ;)

Beware of Fake Websites and Phishing Scams