Apria HealthCare

Posted:

Customer Service/Service

Apria Healthcare
Apria Healthcare is by far the worst company I have dealt with and that expands from Missouri to Arizona. Customer satisfaction is not their #1 priority and they tell you what you want to hear, not what you need to hear. Returning phone calls? Extremely poor. If you don't have enough operators, hire some of these people that really needs jobs right now. From equipment pick up to turn in, it's unorganized. I waited for nearly an hour after my appt time in the lobby for my initial equipment pick up. I'm an ex-military man, so I'm all about being on time and being on time is 15 minutes early. I cancelled my appt and expressed my complaint. I got no call back to reschedule or talk to me about my concerns. I myself called back 2 weeks later finally and rescheduled. My billing was a catastrophe from the beginning. To make a very long story short, I was told I had no more outstanding payments and almost 3 months later I get a call from a collections agency saying I owed Apria $75. I received no phone calls and I did not receive any mail informing me about this. I am a get it done and complain about it later type of guy, so I paid the amount and called Apria. They gave me no reasonable explanation and I am fuming from the top of my skull with this company. I vowed to spread the word about never recommending to anyone and warn them about their practices. WARNING! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

8th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Apria uses 4 call centers in USA to field calls from customers. They also use call centers in India. The last straw was when I tried to call my local office for a delivery change. Since all calls go to a regional call center, the lines are tied up for longer than I wish to wait. So much for emergency service! However, I did find a backdoor open in their call answering software and can get to my local people directly. The picture is me in a disguise.
Last week, an elderly woman in Wisconsin had a power outage that lasted two days and shut down her concentrator. She ran out of oxygen canisters and tried to call Apria. The call center people were out that day or the lines were too busy.
She died.
(I made that story up out of bits and pieces of real events)

24th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Norm Payson(CEO Apria HealthCare) has previously been Chief Executive Officer of two publicly traded health plans, Oxford Health Plans as the "turnaround CEO" (1998-2002) and Healthsource, Inc. as co-founder and CEO (1985-1997). Prior to Healthsource, Dr. Payson was Chief Executive Officer and Medical Director of a 120-doctor physician group practice. He became the "darling of the HMO's" by dropping sick customers that that were using the insurance, raising premiums of the healthy customers, and denying coverage to new customers with preexisting conditions. With more profits and fewer customers, he was able to reduce administrative staff. Sure enough, the company became Profitable! These practices will soon be considered illegle in the new government Health Care Program. It takes a certain type of personality to do this kind of dirty work. Those people are called "Sociopaths", and are usually found as characteristic of criminals.
Norman's annual income while at Oxford was $75M and $115, 375, 414 when he excersised stock options. Now he make far more than that. His total worth is estimated to be over $1B.
Is this a Great Country or What?
 9th of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
MR. NORM PAYSON, YOU ARE THE CEO OF ONE THE WORST HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS IN AMERICA.. I STRONGLY RECOMMENDED TO MUMANA TO DROP YOU AS A PROVIDER.I STRONGLY URGE AMERICA NOT TO USE APRIA FOR ANYTHING.
YOUR EMPLOYEES ARE UNTRAINED, AND STUPID. THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO ANSWER A PHONE. THEY DON'T HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF THE PRODUCTS THEY PROVIDE, AND THEY HAVE NO, NO CUSTOMER RELATION SKILLS. PLEASE ANSWER ME ONE THING, WHY DID IT TAKE 36 MINUTES FOR A MEMBER OF APRIA TO ANSWER MY PHONE CALL. AND WHEN THEY ANSWERED THE CALL, THEY HAD NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL I WAS TALKING ABOUT WHEN IT CAME TO ORDERIN OXYGEN. SO MR. CEO, TAKE APRIA AND STICK IT UP WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE. BY THE WAY, TRY GETTING A SHAVE AND A HAIRCUT.
ED HART, NEWNAN, GA
 21st of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
I am a 32 yr old disabled women in illinois. I was born with Spina Bifida and developed later in life Ostemylitis in both feet. I have only 6 toes total n depend on a wheelchair and scooter to move around. Recently my wheelchair completely broke n i had to resort to my crutches for the house and my scooter as usual for distance trips. I am not spose to be on either of my feet as i developed pressure points and they eventually break down. I.e i get sick! I had called apria on tuesday in regards to a replacement wheelchair. The lady i spoke with informed me she could do an exchange n would be putting the paperwork in right away. The next day i called to see exactly where i was at with the new chair. The lady informs me whomever had initially done the exchange had done it wrong she had corrected it n got ahold of the office that would send me my chair she asked me when would be a good time morning or afternoon. I said morning as i had an appt that afternoon. (8-21-15). She said ok n that was all. Next day i had called apria about 11:30am to inquire about my chair. She said it would be between 2:15pm n 6:15pm. I said why did they ask me a time. I asked for mornings. She said she would send a message to dispatch in regards to my appt. Ok then at 3:15pm. I called apria as i hadn't received my chair. The gentleman informs me they would be here between 3:15pm n 7:15pm. I am now pissed as i have to reschedule my appt. He tells me it is based on priority. I said i need my wheelchair as it is one of the only ways i can get around. That is important to me! I then ask him so am going to receive my chair today? He tells me n i quote " You Should". What? So now it is 8:10pm n i have yet to receive my wheelchair. I have a bad back due to 2 surgeries from spina bifida and have about 27 surgeries on both of my feet. It is literally so painful to walk that i hold my urine so i don't have to get up as often. I need my chair n can not for one reason understand why i am not a priority. This has me feeling so emotionally distraught as i am in pain. I can not express how hurt i am by the way they are treating me. As i am not a human being because i can walk nor do anything about this situation. So fustrated.

Contact Us