logo

Apple iTunes

Posted:    lechatboote

Charges to my account

California
I have been an Apple uses for about 6 yrs. I have purchased several iPods both for myself and family and friends, and used the iTunes store for most of my music. Recently my bank sent me notices that I was overdrawn, this was a shock as I had not spent any money from my account. I received a list of charges that included over 150.00 in downloaded music from the iTunes store. I have never purchased such a large quantity of music at anytime. Since I had no receipts from iTunes regarding the purchases I contacted the bank and faxed them volumes of paper regarding the problem. I contacted Apple and got nowhere via e-mail. I called and spoke with a nice man who forwarded my complaint to someone else. The e-mail I received said too bad. They said they were not responsible for any illegal account access and I was just out the money and the music. The music is a genre I don't like so why would I want it in the first place. The apple website says it's secure, but obviously it is not. I have contacted family and friends and encouraged them to change their passwords and remove their personal info from their iTunes account. I also suggested they purchase their music from someone reputable like Amazon who stands behind their products. I will not purchase my music in the future from Apple as they don't care about their customers.

The small amount of money to them is huge to me as I am currently un-employed. Now they will lose customers and future purchases that will amount to far more than the 15o.oo plus that they should have reimbursed me.

BEWARE don't use i Tunes it is not safe!
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Sep, 2009 by   Mtngal 0 Votes
Tonight I tried downloading ONE song--just one!! When I checked that I wanted to purchase it said "declined"--I had forgotten that my bank card info had changed since the last time I had used iTunes. Soooo...I put in my new info, clicked on "purchase" and it's telling me "information incorrect". So, after 45 minutes of putting in correct info that iTunes is telling me is "incorrect", I have no song, BUT I have two charges on my checking account!! This is just plain infuriating!!!
 7th of Nov, 2009 by   apple_stinks 0 Votes
So I have been faithfully buying apple products for 7 years. On monday I tried to upload my free apps for my iPhone and iTunes charge my credit card saying it was from charges for music 4 months ago. I never purchased music on iTunes and the sent an email to me that says, "too bad" - I would never do business with apple again.
 2nd of Apr, 2012 by   dorisj 0 Votes
someone used my card in yall have been getting money off my card i did not give permission
 2nd of Apr, 2012 by   dorisj 0 Votes
i am trying to stop this because that was my bill money i need to talk to someone about this
 17th of Jun, 2013 by   blawrence 0 Votes
I do not have an Apple account. Someone has authorized charges to my Debit Card without my authorization and I want this stopped, immediately!

Health Care Without Insurance: $100 a Month