logo

Ross Dress For Less
Dont EVER work here!!!
3. (0 mins ago)
Direct General Auto Insurance
customer dis satisfied of insurance coverage not legit
4. (9 mins ago)
Fox TV Sports
Score box off the screen
5. (11 mins ago)
Zoosk
the say free. and you cant reieve orsend emails

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

American Laser Centers Complaints & Reviews - Unprofessional, dangerous, painful and no refund!

American Laser Centers Contacts & Informations

American Laser Centers

Posted:    Anonymous

Unprofessional, dangerous, painful and no refund!

After being burned by their laser on 4/13/07, I have contacted their corporate office dozens of times with no response . The procedure was so painful, I had to stop stop the treatment. It left burns on my legs.

I had paid over $2,700 for a service package, but will no longer return to their clinic. It was the most painful, unprofessional experience I've gone through. I have demanded a refund on services not rendered but cannot get anyone to address my complaint. The customer service department has transferred my case to the "appropriate department," but I am still waiting to hear from them. I have called almost every day since 4/13/07 (today is 5/16/07), and am always transferred to an unidentified voicemail box. I have left a message every time.

Beware people!
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of May, 2007 by   Angela +2 Votes
This company has hurt me as well. I went in on November 29, 2006 for a "free" consultation at the Pittsburgh, PA office. Dawn Stellabotte, the clinic manager, manipulated and tricked me into signing paperwork. She said I was signing privacy and medical paperwork regarding the free consultation. She also offered me a free credit check to see if I could afford any of the procedures. Instead, she opened up an $8300 line of credit in my name. I never received any treatments, and ALC refuses to refund the money because of their "No Refund" policy. So I feel your pain, so to speak. I am already up to $100,000 in debt from student loans (I'm a recent graduate), and I can't afford this $8300 charge. Especially since I never knew I was signing up for it! They have also already sent the debt to a collection agency. I can't afford legal fees, so I am going to try other options. There are a number of consumer advocacy agencies (Better Business Bureau, Attorney General) I will be contacting. I suggest you do so as well. I will also be contacting the media and exploring other outlets so I can get some attention to this. You should look into this. I know there are more people like us out there, but they are embarrassed and ashamed to come forward. If I put my self out there, I know they will also come forward. This company operates on manipulation of women with low self-esteem and they continually subscribe to fraudulent and deceptive practices, and should be forced to stop. I know what you are going through. Please contact me so we can discuss this further.
 2nd of Jun, 2007 by   na 0 Votes
Regarding the previous comment, the only thing that I can say to that, is that had you read what you were signing, you wouldn't have been "manipulated". There is a specific piece of paper that looks very different from the rest, with a body and what services you are getting and how much your total is... if you missed that, she really can't be completely to blame. She may have went about it the wrong way...but in dealing with them before, I say try to just enjoy the treatments and pay for it. The results are good, you can always switch it to another service though. The new policy is that you can get your money back if you don't have any treatments. So, if you haven't had one yet... they legally have to give it back.
 8th of Jun, 2007 by   Alexis +1 Votes
American Laser Centers should be closed down. Anyone interested in joining a class action lawsuit please feel free to email me at lex2006rico@yahoo.com They are without a doubt the most unprofessional and sleazy laser company on the market. They lie, they steal your money, and they NEVER give refunds and also never get results. PLEASE heed my warning! I was stupid and naïve to have gone there and lost 3,000 dollars---I also have gotten no reply. If you would like to protest send them a certified letter to:

Att Kevin Pieruch/Legal Department
American Laser Centers
2455 Hollwood Court
Farmington MI 48335

Feel free to say you will be joining Alexis' class action law suit!

Kevin is the vice president!
 9th of Jun, 2007 by   Alexis +1 Votes
Update*******

I now understand Kevin Pieruch is CEO and also that there are a growing number of employees confirming they have a "no refund" policy and only ever give refunds if you get a lawyer involved... PLEASE anyone reading this contact me at the above address and I will let you know how to get them as I am going to organize a nationwide lawsuit with tons of help from employees (if you are a former or current employee you may also feel free to contact me!).

If we speak with ONE voice they will hear us!
 10th of Jun, 2007 by   Andrew B. +1 Votes
American Laser Centers uses deceptive business practices and fraudulent pricing arrangements. The salesperson I experienced, Crystal Morena in West Palm Beach, FL, dressed in a lab coat to give you the impression of a medical professional, and then uses aggressive, shady, used-car salesman tactics to get you to spend more money. They offer you huge discounts on multiple services, as if they are cutting you a huge break. And when I went to pay with $1000 in gift certificates that I had won at a fundraiser, Crystal Morena wouldn't allow me to use them because she had supposedly given me such a big discount already. My argument was that I was using gift certificates, and it shouldn't matter. I later learned that ALS hands out these so called "gift certificates" like candy to anyone, but ALS considers them as discount coupons. They also try to get you to open a Care Credit card account, so they must be incentived to do so. What a scam this company is. Bogus gift certificates, aggressive sales tactics, deceptive business practices. I would love to see this company burn in front of someone like Eliot Spitzer. I'm filing complaints with the attorney general in Florida and the Federal Trade Commission. I think it wouldn't hurt to call my local police station either.
 12th of Jun, 2007 by   Alexis 0 Votes
Hi ALL due to the extremely high volume of people responding to my posts I want to post my standard answer I am now sending in reply to everyone:

TO ALL:

OK first of all, I want to give you a number and tell you what you can do ASAP to help start things to go in your favor, First and foremost call 248.426-8250 and press 0 for operator and ask if you are speaking to Jeanette. If she says she is Jeanette tell her that you want to leave a message for Kevin Pieruch that he MUST call you back and you are demanding your refund or you will be joining the class action lawsuit being organized by Alexis and done with several lawyers across the country.

He will already know about this! Do not give him any more details than that, if he calls you discuss YOUR individual case ONLY and tell him that you are in touch with me and that you know of MANY more people including former staff who are all getting ready to stand up to ALC unless they start to actually reverse their "no refund policy" they claim not to have!

IF all fails then the next step is to email attorney Quat at ken@quatlaw.com. He is trying to organize a class action suit from his Massachusetts law firm regarding the "no refunds policy" ALC denies it has.

I know how frustrating this is but when they see we are organizing (and you should see my in-box!) then they may actually start to try and refund those who contact them to stop us!

I wish you luck and let me know how things go!

Alexis.

In addition I want you all to know that this is growing and we do in fact have former employees from all over that are also contacting us about their unfair and deceptive practices as well as their lies, their no refund policy etc. WE NEED TO BAN TOGETHER THOUGH--the more calls this guy gets the more he will want to shut us all up because we are literally just the TIP of the iceberg as I had a tech who treated me on one of my few appointments who told me, and may be willing to testify as she is getting ready to leave them, that:

A) MOST people never get permanent results after two years and then are charged again to continue treating as the guarantee is not hairfree for two years but hairfree within two years!

B) They push sales even when they are understaffed and under-equipped and know they will have to move and cancel appointments;

C) Everyone there is trained as to how to avoid letting requests for refunds go forward and;

D) ALL REFUNDS ARE DENIED UNLESS THEY FEEL VERY THREATENED AND AS IF THEY ARE IN IMMEDIATE DANGER OF BEING SUED! Even then they fight most of the claims.

SO let's get them and OUR hard earned money they stole back!

Please note, a class action suit does NOT cost you money but can end up getting you your money back!
 14th of Jun, 2007 by   melissa +1 Votes
Unfortunately, I used to work for this company and everything above is true. ALC only cared about $$. They promoted doing anything possible to get the sale. We had to sell at least 2000 a day or we would get in trouble from management. The technician training was only 2 days!! People who never held a laser before had to learn quickly or else! The schedule was overbooked, and clients do not get what they pay for. I felt guilty selling laser hair removal to clients because i knew it hardly worked. So sorry!
 15th of Jun, 2007 by   Christina Harris +1 Votes
I am currently working on registering complaints against American Laser Centers in Maryland. I plan to send my letter to anyone who will listen - the State Attonery General, the medical board, even local news outlets.

The predominant complaint against ALC is their no refund policy. I find this to be the least of their awful business and medical practices. Below I've outlined my complaints against them.

Unethical Marketing. There is no such thing as permanent hair removal. Google laser hair removal and you will find many ethical government and physician organizations that will tell you as much.

ALC also claims that their unique treatment methodologies make the treatment safe and effective for everyone. It is fact that darker skin tones and lighter hair colors probably will not achieve the same results as someone with light skin and dark hair. In fact, darker skin tones are at a much higher risk of burns.

Unsafe medical practices. ALC prescribes topical Emla cream to ease the discomfort of its procedures. However, the large-scale application that they promote can lead to serious allergic reactions and even cardiac events.

I have been burne during a procedure, and the nurse treating me refused to stop or to turn down the intensity of the machine.

I was advised to apply Bacitracin cream even though I insisted that patch testing indicated I have an allergy to it.

A nurse was unfamiliar with a new medication I had started before one of my treatments. Though she noted it in my chart, she proceeded in treating me wihtout contacting a doctor or looking up the medication.

There is no oversight by a doctor. No physician is available to address clinet's concerns nor does a doctor review the appropriateness of the treatments given a person's medical history.

I once witnessed a nurse cleaning the machine after one of my treatments. She quickly rubbed a Clorox towelette over the machine, missing much of the area that had made contact with my skin. Considering that the procedure risks burns, it is quite possible that bodily fluids are on the treatment machine. It is also possible that someone with a skin infection has been treated. I do not believe that the quick wipe-down cleaning practice is enough to prevent transmission of infection.

Unethical sales practices.

I believe that ALC advises clients to take on more debt than they can afford through he GE Money Bank Care Credit card. I also think that claims of a "discount" are false. With no published pricing, coupon recipients and drawing "winners" can never know if they are getting a discount or the amount of the stated discount.

I also really disagree with pressuring clients to sign up for a full treatment package to receive a discount. How can you obligate yourself to thousands of dollars of expense if you don't know what amount of pain you will be in? Would a doctor's office ever force you to continue a painful procedure against your will or risk losing your money?

Many people who have used ALC have found the experience to be expensive, dangerous, and upsetting. Please do not make that mistake yourself.
 22nd of Jun, 2007 by   Brenda J. Fischer 0 Votes
OMG! I do not know what to do! I received an e-mail to enter a contest to win laser hair removal from American Laser Centers. Guess what - I won - 2 days after entering the contest. $300 off of a package. Okay - so I saw what the package was, and I got the financing. I have not had any treatments yet. SO ~ Now - I don't know what to do. After looking for BBB complaints - I found this. HELP! Is there any help for me?
 22nd of Jun, 2007 by   Alicia 0 Votes
I have been trying for almost 3 month for a refund from American Laser center, I have contact GE money also because I could not make my appointment and after the treatment I was giving over the phone from their manager Tyler Charles I decided not to reschedule and was told I would get a refund. I have made sever complaint to GE money in writing and the investigation is still going on. The manager is very unprofessional and I will join the class action suit, I think everyone should join.
 25th of Jun, 2007 by   dc 0 Votes
I signed up back in April 2007, had not received any treatments whatsoever, i called to cancel the day after... After many calls, nothing has been done... I have followed the instructions above but i did not get to speak to a Jeanette, instead, i was forwarded to a voice-mailbox and left the message anyway... If anyone can provide more information to me, feel free to email me @ dciccare@gmail.com... Obviously i will join in on the lawsuit if i have to...
 26th of Jun, 2007 by   Tom M 0 Votes
I have had four treatments on my arms and back.

It doesn't seem to do very much at all.

The employees don't seem to know very much at all.

Its starting to seem like a big scam to me right now, so I'll be starting to join this lawsuit ASAP as well.
 27th of Jun, 2007 by   lina 0 Votes
The biggest fraud with laser hair removal companies (American Laser Centers more than most) is their claim that lasers get rid of blond, red, white, and grey hairs, when anyone with a basic knowledge of lasers knows this is a lie. At this point in time no laser in the world gets rid of blond, red, white or grey hairs, so please do not waste your money! I work for American Laser Centers and am very disturbed that DAILY I treat patients that have been lied to (for over a year in cases) that their red, blond, white or grey hair would be going away, and I am expected to also lie to them and tell them our new Amerilase machine will get rid of their hair (knowing full well it won't). But company policy states the client must try at least five treatments with the Amerilase, before a refund will be considered.
 28th of Jun, 2007 by   Angela Davis 0 Votes
Well, Care Credit got my money back. Luckily, I never received treatments and I had a signed piece of paper stating what I have written a few paragraphs above. It is ashame I had to wait and worry so long and wonder if I was going to loss that big chunk of money. I started working for a med spa after ALC. go figure. The company I work for does not have to refund money at all, but you know what? The company would because they are fair, honest, and they value each customer. ALC values money, period. I will let everyone know this. They are also over priced. And, a doctor should be present when a laser is in use. As for the hair removal we let our customers know there is no permanent hair removal, only hair reduction. Dark, black hair gets the best results. I agree with the above.
 30th of Jun, 2007 by   NN 0 Votes
OMG! I just signed up with this company today! How do I get out of it???
 2nd of Jul, 2007 by   karen - boston 0 Votes
This is the worst company ever!!! I've been going here for a year and a half & i have seen minimal reduction. I've been calling for months to submit a complaint but no one will call me back. The customer service is horrible. I spent 2700 of money that i do not have... DO NOT GO THERE!!! PLEASE.
 6th of Jul, 2007 by   L. 0 Votes
I'm out here in Houston and all is true out here as well. I attend the office in Sugarland, Texas. The turnover of employees and management is ridiculous. Let alone the service. This is such a scam with a NO RESULTS GUARANTEE. If there is going to be a class action lawsuit I would definitely want to sign up.
 6th of Jul, 2007 by   Christine Fernandez 0 Votes
Sounds like some of you have not had great experiences... which sucks. For anyone reading, I have been going to this place for several months, received 3 treatments, 1/2 of my hair is gone, and it's been pretty pleasant. I think it's on the pricey side, but I'm definitely seeing results. I think most laser hair removal places are pretty shady to be honest... they're not regulated by anyone.
 6th of Jul, 2007 by   Crystal Kane 0 Votes
My husband and I have the same issue with no results from the treatments and we have been given the run-around when trying to contact them in regards to a refund. Please email us at kanefamily5284@hotmail.com

We will be more than happy to join in filing a class action suit to get the money back that is owed to us.
 11th of Jul, 2007 by   Vinh Phan 0 Votes
Wow yea i never got treatments and its taking forever to get anyone to help me... i hope this suit goes well and we get our money back.

Tips for Creating a Secure Password