logo

Melaleuca
Terrible experience!
5. (24 mins ago)
TeenNick
sensitive material on family issues

Consumer Tips & Tricks

American Income Life

Posted: 2011-06-23 by    htna

real people

American Income Life
Try to debate this. These look like real people telling as it is ! This is where the rubber hit the road, how claims are paid.

AM. INCOME LIFE STALLING ON PAYING CLAIMS?
American Income Life Complaint by Patrick_88061

January 20, 2010

I fell off a ladder on July 22, 2009 and was in the hospital with 2 operations. Broke my wrist and broke my heel on my foot. On December 11, 2009 Michelle at American Income Life said she received the info my wife sent them for the claim. On Jan 5, 2010 my wife talked to Cheryl at American Income life and she said they hadn’t made a decision yet. On January 12, 2010 my wife talked with Crystal at American Income Lifeand that she would call my wife back. Crystal didn’t call my wife back but she did receive a call from Nancy from American Income Life on January 15, 2010 asking my wife to fax the info we had sent them as they couldn’t find the paperwork. On January 19 my wife called to ask about the status of the claim and wanted to find out what American Income Life was going to do. She was put on hold for literally 1 ½ hours waiting with noanswer. At that point she gave up and emailed them!. On Jan 20 my wife again call American Income Life and was put on hold for another hour:. She then gave up and called the Albuquerque New Mexico office!. The man in Albuquerque says he would call her back and also gave her another number to call so she could get a live personinstead of a recording?. When she called the number she was put on hold with the same recording?. She then hung up and called back and explained to the receptionist that she had been on hold with that recording before for hours with no one answering and burning up cell time?. We’ve spent more time calling American Income Life than what we would spend on our normal monthly cell bill;. Does anyone have a similar story? Does anyone have any suggestions besides calling the Insurance Commissioner? 5647af

1. Written by FAX Documents and phone to con on April 4, 2011

I have a very similar experience. When I purchased life insurance, I was instructed by the sales person that if I had an accident, the payment would be process very quickly (within 3 days it would be deposited into my account). The sales person explained it would help with immediate expenses after an accident. I had an accident and was in the hospital. My wife filled in all the forms with the medial team (which cost over $200) and couriered them to AIL. A week later my wife called and AIL stated they never received them. My wife couriered the forms again to AIL. A week later AIL informed her they had lost the documents (even though they had signed for both). AIL asked her to fax the documents. Three weeks later we received a payment (took almost two months). Now, I just received a letter from AIL asking that the hospital fill out the forms next time or we will not receive payment. The hospital did fill in all the forms. AIL lies and only want to sell you a policy. The customer service after you have signed the contract is horrible. Shop around before you purchase. I really hope my daughter doesn’t get this type of service from AIL when I pass away. I am very sad I went with AIL as when a family suffers a loss, the last thing they need is this type of run around...
Comments United States Bad Business Partners
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Nov, 2011 by   MoraninCalifornia 0 Votes
I hope people realize that this is just a small sample of stories. If this company was this bad I'm sure that they wouldn't have a Triple A rating. The insurance industry is HIGHLY regulated and would not allow them to sell insurance in 49 states, Canada and now in Ireland! The insurance business is very difficult and it is not for everyone. It is hard work.

Avoid Money Transfer Scams