American Cash Awards

ftft
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Phone: 1-414-358-0566
smbeme@sbcglobal.net
I had a girl come to my door very bubbly and believable after much hesitation I let her in and ended up giving her a check for a magazine to go to the marines and diabetes foundation also getting something. Didnt feel good about it and when I called to cancel coulnt get ahold of anyone at the number. Global marketing is also on the receipt. Am I dumb or is this legit?? HELP!! Never again!! ftft was who I made check out to.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

2nd of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes

American Cash Awards - Failure to deliver good or refund
American Cash Awards
Golden
Colorado
Phone: 888-888-9025

Paid $65 for a magazine, tried cancelling the sale. Never received money back or the magazine. This is ridiculous that a company can get away with this many people being scammed and nothing being done about it. I would love to see 60 minutes or 20/20 get a hold to this story.
 19th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Contact Rebecca Wild at the State of Colorado Attorney Generals office, (303) 866-5187. This company is being investigated and I'm sure the more complaints they get the better.
 26th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Scam. Never let anyone in to your door. Unless they're doing it through their school.
 28th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes

American Cash Awards - non refund
3565 s 700 w
Riverdale
Utah
Phone: 801 540 9428

paid 200 for magazine subscriptions. told we could mail in and cancel within 3 days. did that, sent in a copy of the cashed check, and they haven refunded our money
 8th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
What happens if you cancel the check right after writing it? I googled the company right after writing the check. When I saw this page...I cancelled the check immediatley!

Mr. Bince
Most Recent Scamee
 28th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
We need to find an attorney and get everyones names and sue the shit out of theese bastards I will find one who will represent all of us. Ill get back with info on how to get involved. In the meantime email me your name and state and complaint i will forward this info to my atty my email is Kennyls987513@yahoo.com

Thanks hope we can put a stop to this.
 28th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I to was scamed in ks here it is 4 months later then I checked this out. i waited cuz it said delivery in 120 days i waited 140 days nothing . They messed with the wrong person this time if u have been scammed by FTFT, American Cash awards, please email the info as above to the address i will get an atty to represent all of us, and take this company down.
 8th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes

American Cash Awards - no refund/no magazines
Illinois

I ordered a 2-yr subscription in the area of Chicago, IL, and still, in almost 6 months, have not received the magazine I ordered. I have called, written, and emailed the company to request a refund, with no response. Please avoid doing any business with this company, American Cash Awards in Kittredge, CO.
 9th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
I was having the same problem. My son gave cash to a door to door salesman so I thought we would be out the money. However, after calling Family Subscription directly at (816)632-2919, the subscription began showing up at our house 2 weeks later.
 15th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
Is American Cash Awards the same as Midwest Circulation? If so, has anyone had one of these kids take your account&routing # to make other purchases with?I purchased a subscription(Family Fun) but it was supposed to go to a Childrens Hospital.Whether it gets there I wont know, but I dont want them taking my account info!
 16th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
help! i was scammed! they took my order for a magazine on July 23, 2009 and never received it! I wrote check for 87 dollars! Please contact me tabbyandblake@msn.com
 27th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
Thanks Kris, I was too scammed by this company. I've left a message with the State of Colorado Attorney Generals office about this company.
 23rd of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
their new scheme is, send $450 by western union to joan morgan
331 ogden mill plaza, cohoes ny 12047. this will give a confirmation number to give to person who comes to you to deliver the 1, 000, 000
dollars. ---------------inarich@yogina.org
 23rd of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I guess I'm not the only one I wrote them a check to for like 65 dollars but felt kind of weird after the kid left the house. So I immediately did everything to cancel the transaction so they wont take the money out, but they still did. That was 2008 didn't get my money and it bothers me a lot. I even got an Email from a KRISTEN HANSON. That i"ll be receiving it but pure BS. never heard from her again she said they were in the process of changing to a different banks and grate lakes were working hard. Hard to keep our money. bluealienn@yahoo.com
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
The company American cash awards: called me and said I have a check for 2.5 million and all I had 2 do was pay 1percent of the shipping and handling which was $250, then UPS would bring the check to my house!!! I told him I thought it was a scam and I would not be sending the $. His reply was that my check was at The Bank of America and I could call (217) 960-4430 and speak. with Bruce Clark he could assure me tht it was not a scam. my next? was y do I have 2 speak 2him? and y come they just couldn't take the $ out of my check b4 I get it? after talking to bruce I still was not covenced so I called the actual bank of America and I was told tht it just don't sound right it had 2 b a scam and the only way she could check and see if I had a check at tht bank I had 2 have an account (which I don't) but Bruce said that he was checking and he did see that I had a check. for the amount of 2.5 million. just not believable for me so I want b sending anyone any $ I don't have $ to give away and if thay where not scamers then I guess I'm out of 2.5 million!!!
 16th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
Ryushan@gmail.com please email me if someone is actually suing I would love to get my friends money back to him as well.
 21st of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
I got the same scam phone call this morning. I actually hung up and called the number back (it is in Jamaica, and the number is 875-394-2334.) When I called them back, they had no idea who I was, but insisted they were legitimate. I asked for their address, and they gave an address in Las Vegas that does not exist. I asked for the address again, saying their address doesn't check out and they would not give it to me. I asked for the phone number of American Cash Awards in Las Vegas and [Surprise, Surprise] they said it was down and that is why they are using the Jamaican number. I asked then where are you? and he said Las Vegas . . . I said, but your number says Jamaica . . . He slipped and said, "Oh no mon, I am in Las Vegas. Time to hang up! IT'S A SCAM!
 26th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
My Nana has sent 30, ooo to this scam! If u answer the phone and its a guy with a Jamaican accent that says his name is John Davenport, its a scam. I tried to go to the phone company to get him blocked but they wont do it w/o the police getting involved. They told her they were bringing her 3 million dollars and that they would come eat lunch with her. DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY SAY! PROTECT YOUR ELDERLY! THEY WILL FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!!
 12th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Well, low and behold! I received the call also and it was from a Jackson Garvey who wanted me to do a wire transfer through Western Union for the amount of $145.00 to go to a Lue Ann Coleman
listed at 1518 Sunset Village Dr. in Ducan, TX 75137. He stated I had won $850, 000.000 dollars. I knew it was a scam when he told me to send money and he was verifying the state I lived in and could not say Oklahoma and stated that he was not famaliar with the state's name. He also did not want me to kid around with him about doing the wire transfer because he was sending someone to my home around 1:00 pm to hand me the check, but I had to pay for the fees that were involved first and call him when I had done it. He also warned me that he did not want me to waste the time of those coming to my home, he did not want me to fool around with him about sending the money. Can you believe the audacity of this person? I have turned this information over to the police maybe there is some type of bunco squad to handle this
problem. I do believe our only protection is people sharing this info with others.

megared
 29th of Jun, 2011 by    +1 Votes
same..He’s been calling us for over a month from the number 876-254-5653. When we finally answer he tells us the same thing that we have won $550, 000. Then asks us what is 1 percent of the $550, 000?...(he’s telling us if we can tell him the percentage, why wouldn’t he already know this!) Anyways so we told him its $5, 500 and he says that’s all he would need from us to send the money. We told him that he could just take it out of the check he wants to send us and continues to ask for our bank # so he can send us the check... he then tells us we know where you live and says our address out loud on the phone...which was a little creepy. So we continue to say if you want to send it you can, where not going to give you our information. Then he hangs up! He calls back again as if nothing happened and goes on pushing for the money. So we hung up, he still calls every now and then to say the same thing. After our interesting phone conversation I looked up the company they where claiming to be "American cash advance" and also found these similar stories. I then called the FBI who said there was nothing they could do to help and because we didn’t give them our info it wasn’t a big deal that these people are calling. This upset me very much these people are pretty much harassing us with calls and trying to swindle us out of our hard earned money and there’s nothing our FBI wants to do about it!

-KD