logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Dressrepublic.com
Dressrepublic Dressrepublic.com Fraud Fake Website Nofel Khan, Muhammad, Khawer Iqnal, Asfand Yar and Umair Aziz Fraudulent Fraudsters
2. (42 mins ago)

Posted:    Sarah

Nightmare

America's Home Place
americashomeplace.com
We are in the middle of a nightmare.

We hired America's home place to build our house in Hillsboro, Tn, and all we have had is problems. First there were numerous delays in digging the footers. Then they dug the footers using the wrong plans, thus they were several feet short on two sides. Then the block layers laid the block based on the wrong plans. Finally, after numerous unreturned phone calls to the contractor, the footers and the block were re-dug and re-laid.

Then, the materials started arriving for the framers, but still not temporary power pole had been installed, and no framers were available to start. Thus, the materials sat out in the rain for a couple of weeks and began to warp. When the framers finally did arrive, they spoke no English, and their supervisor did not know how to communicate with them, so he just left them to their own devises. He only shows up once a day, if that, but he can't tell them anything, so then he just leaves.

To make matters worse, without the temporary power pole we were promised 6 weeks ago, the framers have had to borrow our generator, and have depended on us to provide it with gasoline. They also did not order enough materials, so our framers decided that foam boards were as good as wooden ones for the sides and the roof of the house. They are even using the damaged boards to lay on the roof of the second floor.

And, as if that isn't bad enough, we paid extra for 9ft ceilings throughout the house, it is clearly marked on the plans, but they just finished the second floor with 8ft ceilings!

I want to fire them right now, but my husband is afraid that breaking their contract will cause further delays in building our house, because they might put a lien on the property. After reading the other rip off reports on this website, I have encouraged him to contact a lawyer and fire them anyway.

If your are considering using America's Home Place for building your home, Don't. They will promise the world, and Rip You Off!
Comments United States Building, Construction
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Nov, 2010 by   GeorgiaPatriot -2 Votes
Not bad! Only a few complaints out of thousands of homes built in the last 40 years. Sorry we can't all be perfect like you Sarah. Must be that "human" thing.
 8th of Apr, 2011 by   Christy M Smith +2 Votes
I also built using America's Home Place but I actually had a great experience during the build, it's the warranty I'm having problems with. Our upstairs jetted tub in the master bath was installed incorrectly so the 1st time we filled it over the triplever plate water poured out of the downstairs canned lights and ruined the laminate wood floor. Now, it's up to us to prove fault of AHP?!?
 16th of Jun, 2011 by   honestyispowerful +2 Votes
To GeorgiaPatriot it's not about being perfect it's about owning up to your errors and proving customer with a pleasant experience and great workmanship, especially during one of the most important phases of families lives. Maybe u have hundreds of thousands of dollars to watch deteriorate, but everyone is not as fortunate.
 16th of Nov, 2011 by   Ms. Taffy +2 Votes
I agree with Sarah. I had problem after problem when building my home in 2004. They were hard to work with; didn't want to listen when I informed them of things done improperly. They had to repaint my entire home after I moved in due to doing it incorrectly the first time. They had to renail the floor boards due to using the wrong nails (and they begin to come up). My floors are now uneven in portions of my home due to bulking under the carpets and linoleum. These are only a few of my issues. I would not ever build or recommend anyone to build with this company...It was a horrible experience for me.
 27th of Dec, 2012 by   dgraff +2 Votes
They are the worst and come back and fail to correct items over and over again. They drag things on in order to hope you run out of money and lose your home and land due to having to pay the interest on construction loans. " I even contacted the CEO, Mr. Barry Conner and he just doesn't care what his supers do or how they treat clients. It's appauling. STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA'S HOME PLACE"
 29th of May, 2013 by   NotHappyWithAHP +1 Votes
I too am having problems with the warranty -- America's Home Place continues to listen to me tell them that they did not fix the problems on my home and they continue to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! This has been going on for about one year now. I am considering a BBB complaint and if that fails a lawsuit.
 15th of Apr, 2014 by   pc422 0 Votes
Our home was also built by America's Home Place and it's the worst one we've ever owned. In addition to things such as poor quality drywall (our garage now has two layers), electrical circuits labeled with a question mark and a 110V outlet wired for 220V, the shingles have slid off our roof 5 times. A roof leak allowed mildew, mold, and rot into a rear wall, and another leak allowed termites into a side wall. AHP fixed (and re-fixed in the cases of the shingles) all of this except for the termite damage. For the roof leak, we now have a piece of metal flashing sticking out of the rear wall. They rejected our request for reimbursement and we are now preparing to sue them to recover our costs. We have a website at www.americashomeplace.info that has pictures and details.
 15th of Apr, 2014 by   pc422 0 Votes
"GeorgiaPatriot" is listed as Gainesville, GA. This is the same city as America's Home Place HQ. It's sad that a company can place shills on message boards but can't take care of their customers.
 10th of Sep, 2014 by   Depleted 0 Votes
2013 RUN from America's Home Place!!! They don't care about your 30 year mortgage on their awfully built house. The lowest bidders is how they work.
Please view this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N80aQQoAfUI
I just touched on a few items but you'll get the idea of their definition of quality workmanship. Please don't let them have collateral on your property because if you complain about the workmanship or the speed of work getting done they will not send out workers. Make sure with any builder you have a completion date in the contract!! Please don't sign with them until you see this video. I took over 400 pictures because I lived close by and couldn't believe my eyes. It started on the first day with the slab pour. Be Warned!!

5 Tips to Pick the Right Hospital