logo

Mni*creditrpt Mntr Svc 866 - 3658654 Ca
Unathorized charge
4. (36 mins ago)
Electroshop Limited
Seller is scammer, who wanted to get more money from me
5. (48 mins ago)

Alpha Imports
7 West 45th St 17th floor NY
New York, New York
www.alphaimports.com
I ordered black diamonds, half of them did not test as diamonds and one was very obvious to the eye to be black onyx. They also claimed them to be AAA grade, a nice grade, they were not, they had big chinks out of the sides of the real ones.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Jul, 2008 by   Martin 0 Votes
How did you get it tested?
Was it done by some gem lab?
 8th of Aug, 2008 by   Jane 0 Votes
Very... rude people. They do lie about the quality of their gemstones. They make a LOT of mistakes and then blame the customer and get quite snippy about it.

They need to learn to be Honest, to speak ENGLISH and UNDERSTAND it, and they need a huge lesson in manners.
 15th of Aug, 2008 by   bala krishana 0 Votes
WE DID BUSINESS SEVERAL TIMES AND WE FOUND THEM VERY EFFICIENT, MOST REASONABLE AND VERY PROFFESIONAL, WE NEVER FOUND ANY KIND OF THESE, RATHER THEY ARE IN EXCEPTION IN THE INDUSTRY FOR SUPERIOIR CUSTOMER SERVICE
 23rd of Mar, 2009 by   abcny -1 Votes
Not honest people...very difficult to deal with. they lure people in with low prices but then send lower grade goods. Better if you don't deal with them at all
 2nd of Apr, 2009 by   old pal +1 Votes
I made lots of orders with alphaimports..and they are trust worthy...never got any bad thing of them...and an excellent customers service
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   nygirl 0 Votes
I have been ordering from alphaimports for years nd they have great customer service and always treat me right. The people who are complaining here are broake and place a $10 orders expecting to get 1, 000000 out of it. Ha Ha Stupid People! I spend thousands with them and have never had a problem in fact they usually send me more than I order and better quality than advertised! They are top notch! These people who have posted are very ignorant and don't know much about anything! Don;t talk about their english because I am white and I understand every word perfectly! If you can't understand what they are saying then you must be retarded! They have great grammar and are very very smart people! Further more they do not sell fake diamonds! All jewelry is real!

Alpha Is The Best !

Ashley
 17th of Dec, 2009 by   gothicspike -1 Votes
i have yet to take the black diamond to be mounted and GOING TO check and make shure its real so many falws its sad not impressed at all got a stone 1.5 on sale aaa quality or so they say but i geuss the cutter must have parkinsons or something so many flaws its sad and not to mention i guess my mistake but they rate the diamonds as a hotel rating THERE IS NO SUCK THING AS AAA RATING SYSTEMS FOR DIAMONDS ITS THE 4 Cs CUT CLARITY AND SO FORTH i PROMISE this if you all want to waist your money go for it but as for me i will never again buy another stone or any thing from them again THUMBS WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY DOWN -100 OUT OF A SCALE FROM ONE TO 5 HOWS THAT MADE UP BULL SH*T RATING SYSTEM ALPHA IMPORTS OH AND NOT TO MENTION but if you look close at the stones in the black diamonds catagory they are all the same and just try to find a full bad review on the website i just looked you cant the people who leave them the only thing left is the heading of the review its like it just got magically deleted form the websit but yet all of the good reveiws are all there and that makes me think that who ever keeps posting good reviews works for them
 22nd of Jan, 2010 by   BKNY 0 Votes
I ordered from them several faceted semi-precious stones a few months ago. 2 of the larger faceted stones were scratched. Other 2 stones were not drilled when I ordered drilled ones. Also, I ordered a pair of matching stones and they filled the order with only one since they did not have a pair, which I needed for earrings so that was no help. Long story short, I was lucky that I live in NY and decided to pick up the stones instead of having them shipped to me. I noticed the errors and asked them to make changes to the orders. We sat together and I actually got a chance to pick the stones myself. So overall it would suck if I trusted them to mail me the correct order, but I can't deny their help when I was in their office. Will never order delivery, but will go to the office to fill my order since the stones that I did get were very pretty.
 19th of Apr, 2010 by   noniabitna 0 Votes
DON'T BUY FROM THIS SELLER! I will never buy from them again.This is the worst experience i've had with an online seller, ever.I ordered 3 diamonds from them and they sent me only one.Also the parcel on 100cts quartz i bought from them was actually 4 faceted quartz crystals with fancy shapes that you couldn't place in any jewelry.
The person whom I spoked on the phone told me they send me the other 2 diamonds but i can't refund anything from their order.I don't trust them anymore.
 4th of May, 2010 by   kipthejeweler 0 Votes
i have been to alpha imports i was very pleased with the service and the quality, and you think the pricing on the site is good go there if you get a chance!!!...i am a jeweler...you cant order gemstones via mail!!! known fact the worse get sent out via mail orders!
rodney"kip the jeweler"pearson
exclusive designs
267 Kenmore.
tonawanda NY 14223
716-783-7853
 7th of Sep, 2010 by   atticus27 0 Votes
Wretched customer service. The salespeople were at least polite, but that guy "Balu" was a real turd. In the end, I had to do a chargeback through my credit card to get my money back.
 26th of Oct, 2010 by   Nicoleet 0 Votes
#
Hi to everyone, I send a warning about this gem dealer ...I had a horrible experience with my order from them ..I was confused about my order so I called the 1800 number and I was treated with anger and hostility . The Guy actually yelled at me and wouldn't listen to any of my Questions . So I asked to speak to someone else and he said I could not, everyone is busy !!!Then he told me he was canceling my order and that he had the best prices in the WORLD !!

I ended up hanging up the phone, it was so surreal . I had picked out so many gems, It took me all day to select them .I sent then a very upset letter ... Hopefully they will change their attitudes ?!?! SO watch out for this company they also didn't have a lot in stock like the web page states ...so it really is poor selection and they are slow, with BAD service to boot And it was a large order . So glad that I didn't buy from them .
 4th of Nov, 2010 by   Dee44 -2 Votes
I have been a customer for Alpha Imports for 4 years and never had a problem with them. I have bought black diamonds from them and found that they are real. The descriptions about the stones on their websites are true to form! I am sporting a 4ct black diamond that is not perfect and paid very little for it . The price I paid for it was fair considering black diamonds are not regarded like white diamonds. I am a customer service agent for a debit card company and I can tell you when you deal with customers they never get thing right! I feel that some of the negative reviews from others are from lack of understanding about precious stones. AND, By the way, black diamonds are not going to test like white diamonds due that they are irridated! I went to a respected jeweler where I live and showed him my stones and I can tell you that he thought my stones are beautiful! I think others are saying horrible things due to the owners are Pakistani or Middle Eastern Indian, therefore, they automatically have a dislike anyone they claim that isn't an American! You know what I mean!
 5th of Nov, 2010 by   Nicoleet 0 Votes
Seriously !!! You can't say that other people's experiences are wrong!!! That just wasn't yours . Who was bringing in Race ???? that isn't what this is about !!!
Bad service rude customer service .
Are you sure that you don't work for them ??????? Hmmm?
WARNING DON"T BUY ANYTHING from these people ...
 21st of Oct, 2011 by   Debbb 0 Votes
VERY RUDE PEOPLE. SHIPPED ME A DAMAGED/INCORRECT ITEM, CHARGED AN ARM AND A LEG FOR SHIPPING. WHEN I SENT THE ITEM BACK, BECAUSE IT WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED, I WAS TOLD I WOULD NOT BE REFUNDED FOR SHIPPING, BECAUSE, ACCORDING TO THEM, 'I SIMPLY DIDNT LIKE THE ITEM'. THEY REFUSE TO ADMIT A MISTAKE AND MAKE IT RIGHT. NEVER EVER WILL I BUY FROM THEM AGAIN, AND I WILL POST NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ABOUT THEM EVERYWHERE I CAN.
 28th of Dec, 2011 by   AAPP 0 Votes
Alpha Imports has been very unprofessional and rude to us. They shipped us the wrong earrings. (The ones they shipped were half the price of the ones we bought.) Interestingly, the earrings we received had a Kohl's tag??? On the phone, they told my husband that it was impossible that we received the incorrect item. At the moment they are refusing to refund in full and pay return shipping. We paid with PayPal so are working through their dispute system. I encourage ALL people who had a bad experience with this company to file a report on the Better Business Bureau website. (there is a link from the Alpha imports home page.) Will never do business with them again as they have been proven untrustworthy!
 8th of Aug, 2012 by   sallyccc 0 Votes
That Balu is a real tard! He is rude all the time, I have been purchasing from them for several years, Everytime when I need to email them even though it was only some easy questions, this Balu replied in extremely rude attitude like I should never ask any questions. NO THANK YOU, NO REGARDS, JUST ONE SENTENCE LIKE ''YOU WANT TO BUY OR NOT'' SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
I only order small gemstones from them, Ordered jewellery few times but only two were fine, all others were either wrong items or not as described. This only time I ordered a large and expensive gemstone, got sent a much lower grade crap stone not worth even 1/10 of the price, Got it checked by gem lab and told me it's worth nothing. Contacted them, the Balu turned mad and refused to help me. Had to get my Credit Card charge back the money after shit stone posted back.
Do not recommend people to use them, only if you buy cheap small stones it doesn't matter, Never touch their expensive stones, all crap!

Avoid Customer Spots Phone Bill Scams