Alpha Imports

Alpha Imports
7 West 45th St 17th floor NY
New York, New York
www.alphaimports.com
I ordered black diamonds, half of them did not test as diamonds and one was very obvious to the eye to be black onyx. They also claimed them to be AAA grade, a nice grade, they were not, they had big chinks out of the sides of the real ones.
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

21st of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
How did you get it tested?
Was it done by some gem lab?
 8th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Very... rude people. They do lie about the quality of their gemstones. They make a LOT of mistakes and then blame the customer and get quite snippy about it.

They need to learn to be Honest, to speak ENGLISH and UNDERSTAND it, and they need a huge lesson in manners.
 15th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
WE DID BUSINESS SEVERAL TIMES AND WE FOUND THEM VERY EFFICIENT, MOST REASONABLE AND VERY PROFFESIONAL, WE NEVER FOUND ANY KIND OF THESE, RATHER THEY ARE IN EXCEPTION IN THE INDUSTRY FOR SUPERIOIR CUSTOMER SERVICE
 23rd of Mar, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Not honest people...very difficult to deal with. they lure people in with low prices but then send lower grade goods. Better if you don't deal with them at all
 2nd of Apr, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I made lots of orders with alphaimports..and they are trust worthy...never got any bad thing of them...and an excellent customers service
 16th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have been ordering from alphaimports for years nd they have great customer service and always treat me right. The people who are complaining here are broake and place a $10 orders expecting to get 1, 000000 out of it. Ha Ha Stupid People! I spend thousands with them and have never had a problem in fact they usually send me more than I order and better quality than advertised! They are top notch! These people who have posted are very ignorant and don't know much about anything! Don;t talk about their english because I am white and I understand every word perfectly! If you can't understand what they are saying then you must be retarded! They have great grammar and are very very smart people! Further more they do not sell fake diamonds! All jewelry is real!

Alpha Is The Best !

Ashley
 17th of Dec, 2009 by    -1 Votes
i have yet to take the black diamond to be mounted and GOING TO check and make shure its real so many falws its sad not impressed at all got a stone 1.5 on sale aaa quality or so they say but i geuss the cutter must have parkinsons or something so many flaws its sad and not to mention i guess my mistake but they rate the diamonds as a hotel rating THERE IS NO SUCK THING AS AAA RATING SYSTEMS FOR DIAMONDS ITS THE 4 Cs CUT CLARITY AND SO FORTH i PROMISE this if you all want to waist your money go for it but as for me i will never again buy another stone or any thing from them again THUMBS WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY DOWN -100 OUT OF A SCALE FROM ONE TO 5 HOWS THAT MADE UP BULL SH*T RATING SYSTEM ALPHA IMPORTS OH AND NOT TO MENTION but if you look close at the stones in the black diamonds catagory they are all the same and just try to find a full bad review on the website i just looked you cant the people who leave them the only thing left is the heading of the review its like it just got magically deleted form the websit but yet all of the good reveiws are all there and that makes me think that who ever keeps posting good reviews works for them
 22nd of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I ordered from them several faceted semi-precious stones a few months ago. 2 of the larger faceted stones were scratched. Other 2 stones were not drilled when I ordered drilled ones. Also, I ordered a pair of matching stones and they filled the order with only one since they did not have a pair, which I needed for earrings so that was no help. Long story short, I was lucky that I live in NY and decided to pick up the stones instead of having them shipped to me. I noticed the errors and asked them to make changes to the orders. We sat together and I actually got a chance to pick the stones myself. So overall it would suck if I trusted them to mail me the correct order, but I can't deny their help when I was in their office. Will never order delivery, but will go to the office to fill my order since the stones that I did get were very pretty.
 19th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
DON'T BUY FROM THIS SELLER! I will never buy from them again.This is the worst experience i've had with an online seller, ever.I ordered 3 diamonds from them and they sent me only one.Also the parcel on 100cts quartz i bought from them was actually 4 faceted quartz crystals with fancy shapes that you couldn't place in any jewelry.
The person whom I spoked on the phone told me they send me the other 2 diamonds but i can't refund anything from their order.I don't trust them anymore.
 4th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
i have been to alpha imports i was very pleased with the service and the quality, and you think the pricing on the site is good go there if you get a chance!!!...i am a jeweler...you cant order gemstones via mail!!! known fact the worse get sent out via mail orders!
rodney"kip the jeweler"pearson
exclusive designs
267 Kenmore.
tonawanda NY 14223
716-783-7853
 7th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
Wretched customer service. The salespeople were at least polite, but that guy "Balu" was a real turd. In the end, I had to do a chargeback through my credit card to get my money back.
 26th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
#
Hi to everyone, I send a warning about this gem dealer ...I had a horrible experience with my order from them ..I was confused about my order so I called the 1800 number and I was treated with anger and hostility . The Guy actually yelled at me and wouldn't listen to any of my Questions . So I asked to speak to someone else and he said I could not, everyone is busy !!!Then he told me he was canceling my order and that he had the best prices in the WORLD !!

I ended up hanging up the phone, it was so surreal . I had picked out so many gems, It took me all day to select them .I sent then a very upset letter ... Hopefully they will change their attitudes ?!?! SO watch out for this company they also didn't have a lot in stock like the web page states ...so it really is poor selection and they are slow, with BAD service to boot And it was a large order . So glad that I didn't buy from them .
 4th of Nov, 2010 by    -2 Votes
I have been a customer for Alpha Imports for 4 years and never had a problem with them. I have bought black diamonds from them and found that they are real. The descriptions about the stones on their websites are true to form! I am sporting a 4ct black diamond that is not perfect and paid very little for it . The price I paid for it was fair considering black diamonds are not regarded like white diamonds. I am a customer service agent for a debit card company and I can tell you when you deal with customers they never get thing right! I feel that some of the negative reviews from others are from lack of understanding about precious stones. AND, By the way, black diamonds are not going to test like white diamonds due that they are irridated! I went to a respected jeweler where I live and showed him my stones and I can tell you that he thought my stones are beautiful! I think others are saying horrible things due to the owners are Pakistani or Middle Eastern Indian, therefore, they automatically have a dislike anyone they claim that isn't an American! You know what I mean!
 5th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
Seriously !!! You can't say that other people's experiences are wrong!!! That just wasn't yours . Who was bringing in Race ???? that isn't what this is about !!!
Bad service rude customer service .
Are you sure that you don't work for them ??????? Hmmm?
WARNING DON"T BUY ANYTHING from these people ...
 21st of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
VERY RUDE PEOPLE. SHIPPED ME A DAMAGED/INCORRECT ITEM, CHARGED AN ARM AND A LEG FOR SHIPPING. WHEN I SENT THE ITEM BACK, BECAUSE IT WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED, I WAS TOLD I WOULD NOT BE REFUNDED FOR SHIPPING, BECAUSE, ACCORDING TO THEM, 'I SIMPLY DIDNT LIKE THE ITEM'. THEY REFUSE TO ADMIT A MISTAKE AND MAKE IT RIGHT. NEVER EVER WILL I BUY FROM THEM AGAIN, AND I WILL POST NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ABOUT THEM EVERYWHERE I CAN.
 28th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
Alpha Imports has been very unprofessional and rude to us. They shipped us the wrong earrings. (The ones they shipped were half the price of the ones we bought.) Interestingly, the earrings we received had a Kohl's tag??? On the phone, they told my husband that it was impossible that we received the incorrect item. At the moment they are refusing to refund in full and pay return shipping. We paid with PayPal so are working through their dispute system. I encourage ALL people who had a bad experience with this company to file a report on the Better Business Bureau website. (there is a link from the Alpha imports home page.) Will never do business with them again as they have been proven untrustworthy!
 8th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
That Balu is a real tard! He is rude all the time, I have been purchasing from them for several years, Everytime when I need to email them even though it was only some easy questions, this Balu replied in extremely rude attitude like I should never ask any questions. NO THANK YOU, NO REGARDS, JUST ONE SENTENCE LIKE ''YOU WANT TO BUY OR NOT'' SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
I only order small gemstones from them, Ordered jewellery few times but only two were fine, all others were either wrong items or not as described. This only time I ordered a large and expensive gemstone, got sent a much lower grade crap stone not worth even 1/10 of the price, Got it checked by gem lab and told me it's worth nothing. Contacted them, the Balu turned mad and refused to help me. Had to get my Credit Card charge back the money after shit stone posted back.
Do not recommend people to use them, only if you buy cheap small stones it doesn't matter, Never touch their expensive stones, all crap!
 4th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
"BLACK DIAMONDS" ARE FAKE ! ACTUALLY MOISSANITE !!!
 11th of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
From what I've heard, Alpha Imports has the best quality for the prices they charge. sometimes people just don't get along for whatever reason so just concentrate on getting what you ordered and maybe they will do a better job for you.

You can always use an agent t who can handle your orders for you because all that stress isn't worth it. There's only one jeweler I know who treats every customer the same whether selling gold for cash, leaving $30, 000 in 18K gold and pendants loaded with precious stones or little old ladies with priceless vintage pieces that need repairing.

His name is Eric at jahda jewelers on Morse st in Sacramento. 916-977-3774 He will soon be Alpha Imports newest customer so we'll see what happens but I'm sure everything will be just fine.
 31st of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
Really sorry, but I have to agree with the negative comments. I've done business with Alpha since 2007, but I can't order from them anymore. In all of the time dealing with them, I have never gotten an order 'clean'--with all of the stones I ordered, in the right color, right amount, or right size. But the mistakes were minor, and not worth making a return. Then, one of my orders came in with two different colors of champagne topaz. Now, I know these are coated stones, but three out of the batch were yellow, and not coated. I simply assumed a couple of lemon citrines had fallen in. They were not lemon citrines. They, and another batch of 'champagne' topaz were not anything. I set a couple of earrings with them, and when I was cleaning them with warm water, the color washed off. I still have them hanging around--don't know what to do with them. That's when I started backing off these guys.
But by 2010, whenever I did order, my ordered was being shorted, and the payment for the non-shipped stones was not being refunded as used to happen. Instead, I had to file a claim with Paypal to get back the money for what wasn't sent. That's when 'Balu' started calling me, and yes, he's a dick. And he does not speak English well. Sorry to you bigots, but I've worked in IT with Indians for years, and some speak American English as well as we do, and some don't. That's just the truth.
So for a few years, no orders to Alpha. Then I get a request for a wedding party for some of the stones I had purchased from Alpha a few year prior. I put in a fairly wide order of things that I liked in my prior orders. Not only had the shipping doubled, but only one of about a dozen items I ordered was sent. The rest were wrong color, wrong cut, nothing like the prior items IA had purchased. The whole order went back, and I considered it my last.
And now deja vue all over again. Same circumstances. Someone want a replacement for

Alpha Imports NY Inc. Logo Alpha Imports NY Inc.
Customer Care Service