logo

Intoxalock
Hidden Fees
3. (10 mins ago)
Motorola India
Very poor customer service!
4. (12 mins ago)

Ally Financial

Posted: 2013-02-01 by    erican

Auto financing

ALLY Financial
First of all I have had my car initially financed from GMAC and they switched to ALLY. Until recently within the last 2 years I was rarely late on a payment and then I lost job after job and ran out of deferment on payments. Needless to say I began to fall late. I never went more than 3 months past due and last night when I became 3.5 months past due they came and repossessed my car. I NEVER received any kind of notification. In fact the last letter I received from them in the mail was from back in August 2012! I also just made a payment on 12/4/12 of $344.18 (which included my car payment and late fees). I started calling ALLY this morning at 7am when they started taking calls and was on hold for 47.05 minutes and talked to a representative Erma and she was beyond RUDE! She had no empathy at all for my situation and I could barely understand anything she said with her heavy Indian accent. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she replied "he is going to tell you the same thing!" I said that I still would like to speak to her supervisor. So she transferred me to Vince the "assistant supervisor" and he wasn’t any help either, also with a heavy Indian accent!!! He wouldn’t let me talk and kept interrupting me. He said that the tow place hasn’t released the information yet and that he couldn’t do anything until then. I then asked if he could call the tow place and he rudely declined because they hadn’t received anything from them that stated that they had my car. So I insisted again and he said "I’m going to release the call now, I cannot help you" I pleaded with him to help me cause I FINALLY got a new job and it starts today. He said again “I am releasing the call" CLICK! I was soooo mad!!! I called the tow place and the lady Courtney was super nice and couldn’t understand why ALLY didn’t have the information yet. So after I got off the phone with her I proceeded to call ALLY back and was on hold for 1 hour 12 minutes and 37 seconds and talked to Donna. She was actually kind of nice! She got all my information and then called the tow company to confirm the information WITHOUT ME EVEN ASKING!!! I got the payment made via money gram (that customer care rep was super nice). I then called ALLY back and was on hold for 1 hour 8 minutes and 1 second and a representative John answered and took my reference number of the payment and called the tow place to advise them that I was paid in full and could pick up my car. I called the tow place again and they advised me that they do not release repossessed cars on Fridays and Mondays (probably because they want to charge for storage fees over the weekend) I calmly asked him what is preventing him from giving me a car that is legally mine? He said that he was in the Topeka office and would make an exception and drive to Olathe to release my car for me. How thoughtful of him! WHATEVER!!! It is now 3:27pm and I am finally home with my car that is PAID IN FULL!!! I can also supply phone records of NO attempt to contact me.
Just in case anyone was wondering what I had left to pay:
Past due: 1053.72
Late fee: 26.46
Repo fee: 350.00
Total: $1430.18
Comments United States Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Senators Clash on Consumer Protection