logo

Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
2. (2 mins ago)
Maytag / French Door Refrigerator
Problems with the ice maker!
3. (6 mins ago)
Sodahead
Jim Crow like bias
4. (11 mins ago)
buyephedrinehclonline.com
Seller lies about status of order
5. (14 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Rip off

AllthatCellular
allthatcellular.net
On October 10th, 2008 I ordered a used cellphone (Palm Treo 650) from this store, along with a 24-month warranty... for a total of $159.85 including shipping. When the item arrived, everything looked fine (the phone was slightly damaged, but that is to be expected) but soon found out that the power terminal didn't work. I purchased new chargers (both a standard wall plug and a USB charger) and neither worked, so clearly the seller had been aware of this and simply swapped in a different battery to send it out.

Initially I tried to exchange the item, but when after 2 weeks of not hearing anything from the company I decided to cancel, only to find out that 'there are no refunds on warranties' and that they were making a 'special case' for me. How do you not refund faulty merchandise?!?!

So after numerous emails, I finally received a $101.96 refund (purchase price minus shipping + 20% restocking fee + warranty cost) which leaves me a total of over $60 out of pocket (including the $9 I spent returning their broken phone).

How can you charge someone restocking, shipping, and refuse to refund a warranty when the phone that you sold them NEVER worked!!!

BE CAREFUL OF THIS COMPANY, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More AllthatCellular complaints
AllthatCellular - used Cellphone

Comments

6th of Nov, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes

BE CAREFUL OF THIS COMPANY, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!
 6th of Nov, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes

BE CAREFUL OF THIS COMPANY, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!
 7th of Feb, 2009 by   Jackie 0 Votes
I just purchased a Motorola V3m Razor cell phone for $74.95. It came with a battery and a wall charger. It arrived one day early, and was in perfect condition. It works beautifully and I am thrilled with the service and product from allthatcellular.com. A great service for an excellent price.
 4th of Aug, 2009 by   Charles Hines 0 Votes
the phone i paid $158.00 for is not even in english
 3rd of Jan, 2010 by   whitr22123 0 Votes
Allthatcellular.net is a wonderful company, my phonw was excellent, worked perfectly, and well priced, i recommend allthatcelluar.net to anyone who want to purchase a cell phone.
 3rd of Jan, 2010 by   whitr22123 0 Votes
Allthatcellular.net provided me with what i needed, a great phone in new condition at a great price, way to go
 3rd of Jan, 2010 by   whitr22123 0 Votes
i would recommend allthatcellular.net to anyone looking to purchase a cell phone, they provide great service and products.
 30th of Mar, 2013 by   Bill Hopkins 0 Votes
I ordered a Droid X2 2-18-2013 and received it 2-22-2013 without a battery. Received Battery a week later. Now one month later the GPS and WiFi are dead. Can not get a response from this company. This is not good service or good Cell Phone. I Would not recommend doing business with this company!

ordered