logo

Posted:    Valerie

Rip off

AllthatCellular
allthatcellular.net
On October 10th, 2008 I ordered a used cellphone (Palm Treo 650) from this store, along with a 24-month warranty... for a total of $159.85 including shipping. When the item arrived, everything looked fine (the phone was slightly damaged, but that is to be expected) but soon found out that the power terminal didn't work. I purchased new chargers (both a standard wall plug and a USB charger) and neither worked, so clearly the seller had been aware of this and simply swapped in a different battery to send it out.

Initially I tried to exchange the item, but when after 2 weeks of not hearing anything from the company I decided to cancel, only to find out that 'there are no refunds on warranties' and that they were making a 'special case' for me. How do you not refund faulty merchandise?!?!

So after numerous emails, I finally received a $101.96 refund (purchase price minus shipping + 20% restocking fee + warranty cost) which leaves me a total of over $60 out of pocket (including the $9 I spent returning their broken phone).

How can you charge someone restocking, shipping, and refuse to refund a warranty when the phone that you sold them NEVER worked!!!

BE CAREFUL OF THIS COMPANY, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More AllthatCellular complaints
AllthatCellular - used Cellphone

Comments

6th of Nov, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes

BE CAREFUL OF THIS COMPANY, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!
 6th of Nov, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes

BE CAREFUL OF THIS COMPANY, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!
 7th of Feb, 2009 by   Jackie 0 Votes
I just purchased a Motorola V3m Razor cell phone for $74.95. It came with a battery and a wall charger. It arrived one day early, and was in perfect condition. It works beautifully and I am thrilled with the service and product from allthatcellular.com. A great service for an excellent price.
 4th of Aug, 2009 by   Charles Hines 0 Votes
the phone i paid $158.00 for is not even in english
 3rd of Jan, 2010 by   whitr22123 0 Votes
Allthatcellular.net is a wonderful company, my phonw was excellent, worked perfectly, and well priced, i recommend allthatcelluar.net to anyone who want to purchase a cell phone.
 3rd of Jan, 2010 by   whitr22123 0 Votes
Allthatcellular.net provided me with what i needed, a great phone in new condition at a great price, way to go
 3rd of Jan, 2010 by   whitr22123 0 Votes
i would recommend allthatcellular.net to anyone looking to purchase a cell phone, they provide great service and products.
 30th of Mar, 2013 by   Bill Hopkins 0 Votes
I ordered a Droid X2 2-18-2013 and received it 2-22-2013 without a battery. Received Battery a week later. Now one month later the GPS and WiFi are dead. Can not get a response from this company. This is not good service or good Cell Phone. I Would not recommend doing business with this company!

ordered

Are Your Friends Costing You Money?

Latest Groups