Avoid like the plague

I did meet aliexpress on internet maybe two years ago and was closely following its behavior for a while before making a trade with them since I have always heard about the risk of making business with China. After I see they qualify their merchants with certifications, they have a feedback content and they launched their scrow system, I thought wow! this place has became a safe and wonderful tool for retail so, I made my first order from a merchant who appeared to be a certified gold member with more than a hundred trades, 95% positive feedback, all perfect to fit my needs.

I bought a case of Kingston flash drives for retail. After I received them everything looked perfect and I tried one but not all, as I got them for retail and needed them in their original package. Since everything looked fine, I release the payment but for my surprise, after I have sold 5, I had 3 devolutions. The problem with those flash drives is that beside are defective product, they format them to make them appear as they were high capacity when the true is that just have less than 1gb so, when you intend to use all the fake capacity, the flash drive get blocked and you can not access your information once again.

At that time and following the aliexpress advice, I contacted the seller just to received an email with an apologize. Then I sent more than four emails without response so, I told them I will start a Paypal dispute. The day after, the merchant disappeared from aliexpress webpage and nobody respond for my money. Paypal said I had to complain with my credit card, my credit card made me send the merchandise back to china, gave me a temporary refund while they investigate, after 2 months the money was debited from my account again because alibaba declined to make a refund and I even lost the shipping and a fee I had to pay my credit card for a foreign transaction. jajaja! thanks God I learned a lesson and it could be expensiver.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful?

5th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes

Aliexpress.com - Any items purchased from this supplier will not be real

This supplier is a fraud. Any items purchased from this supplier will not be real and you'll be lucky to have what you ordered delivered. Don't rely on the main site to protect your money it will just be held up for weeks until the scammers answer the messages for a reply for a refund.
 15th of Mar, 2011 by    -1 Votes
There are people selling fake flash drives on eBay, so don't tell me Aliexpress sucks because of 1 seller... I mean, you're free to say what you want, but it sounds as stupid as saying all Craigslist ads are scams because of some Nigerian guy claiming to sell you the country for $500.

Ever since I discovered aliexpress, it has been an absolute blessing. 10 years ago, I would have killed for a site like this. They didn't HAVE English speaking wholesale websites- you HAD TO LEARN Chinese.

Aliexpress is no more dangerous than eBay. You got your money back right? Aliexpress has PayPal protection, so what's the big deal that you'd go out of your way to publicly slander the entire site?

I have made STRONG business relationships on Aliexpress and know my sellers on a name to name basis. We joke around with each other, they teach me a few Chinese words here and there, I'm even talking about visiting one of my distributors in Shenzhen next year... Then I come across this BS that you just posted and I can't belive it. It almost sound like, "Hey, I'm having a party. No Chinese people".
 15th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
Well i agree, i have not received my refunds for my goods in aliexpress. From then on i moved with ChinaBuye.com. They are online gadget store from china. I have so far safe delivery, good customer care and no problems with quality.
 2nd of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Mate I'm not being funny but just because you got lucky does not give you the right to moan about people complaints! I have been scammed on aliexpress in various ways and whether you get your money back or not you will always lose whether it's return shipping costs, inconvenience or losing customers. I wouldn't order from an unknown on aliexpress it just might happen to you!
 26th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes

Aliexpress.com - Scammers

I was looking to make a purchase on aliexpress and was wondering what I should look for to identify whether or not they are scammers. I have been burned in the past and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
 11th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
Agree completely. Seller sent me a wrong item and refused to replace or refund. After I opened a complaint with Aliexpress, they simply sent me a message saying they don't have sufficient evidences (even though I even had to send them photos of what I ordered and the wrong item that was received) and released money to seller.
Also, the system is extremely clunky, you can't see all of your feedbacks, and they give you very little time to respond to them if you open a claim - I was given literally LESS THAN ONE DAY.
 11th of Jan, 2012 by    -1 Votes
Steve Jobs: The difference is - eBay will return you your money and then deal with an unfair seller. AliExpress won't do neither forst nor second.
 10th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
Buyers beware of ali express if you do not want to waste your time and money.
 18th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes

Aliexpress.com - If you don't mind loosing the money, go for it

This company has some nice products, but you're taking your chances on getting the right order and trying to return it. If you don't mind loosing the money, go for it. Their phones have been disconnected
 11th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes

Aliexpress.com - I received a fake watch

DON´T BUY ANYTHING!!! I received a fake watch, totally different the watch I bought and Aliexpress didn't do nothing to protect me.
 27th of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes
Cheap incorrectly sized products from china.
 21st of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
Aliexpress refused to refund even though clear that seller did not shipped as alleged.
 30th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes

Aliexpress.com - I had never seen so $#*!in bed service and liar online magazine

I shop shoes how much time ago cant remember and im still waiting, my tracking number dont work nobody help nobody answer i had never seen so $#*!in bed service and liar online magazine.
 4th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes

Aliexpress.com - Lost money, mind and time

The sent me an object for another one. And it was even used. Lost money, mind and time. They forced me, after 10 days, to keep this useless $#*!piece. STAY AWAY!!!
 22nd of Mar, 2013 by    -1 Votes
I order a custon light ash brown #14 super wave with part on side Brazilian virgin hair lace ront wig on 2-14-13 with littleor nr reponse from the supplier, QINGDAO SUNNYMAY WIGS CO., LTD i recieved supposely a "CUSTOM WIG" on 3-4/13!!! I was in tears when I opened package. This looks like something someoe would wear for halloween !!! With no consideration from the QINGDAO SUNNYMAY WIGS CO., LTD. I AM OUT OF $114.74 + $29.47 shipping. WHAT A SCAM!!! THIS IS FAUD!!! SIMPLY AND CLEARLY FAUD!!! PLEASE DO NOT FALL INTO THIS WEB OF FAUD!!! PRODUCT IS NOT WHAT WAS PICTURED!!!
 12th of Aug, 2013 by    0 Votes
I order a satellite receiver & first thing i notice when i open the box it smell burned & of course it did not work at all, after so many email the sellers ask me to send back the receiver but the price of shipping back is too high so lesson learn, they are SCAM dishonest company selling defective fake product & those people who defence them I hope they pay them good .last word STAY AWAY FROM ALIBABA
 14th of Sep, 2013 by    0 Votes
Stevejobs is an idiot for defending Ali "get screwed" express. Perhaps because he had not been cheated yet, he thinks no one else is either. That kind of single dimentional thinking defends a fart because he thinks his own arn't all that bad. I got cheated by using Aliexpress because the seller somehow did not see fit to send the electric Guitar "pictured" on the site. Not only that but the wrong guitar that was sent to me was of such poor quality craftmanship, and cheapest you could find materials, that Its best use would be as a spare paddle for a small boat. I'm now stuck with it because the seller does not pay shipping to send it back, which would cost more that half of what I already spent. I'll take my loss and count it as a very expensive lesson well learned. E-bay stands head and shoulders above Aliexpress, and I expect that once PayPal has experienced enough problems with Aliexpress complaints, they will end their relationship there.
 2nd of Oct, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I am sorry that several of you you have had problems with suppliers on AliExpress. Please understand that AliExpress is a platform that connects buyers and sellers; we are not the supplier of the goods you purchased.

With that said, I’d still like to help.

AliExpress.com has a customer service team to assist you. The best way to get in touch with them is to send an email with the particulars of your situation to buyer@aliexpress.com.

We can’t resolve 100% of customer issues, but I promise that we will try.

Mark Story
Director, International Corporate Affairs
Alibaba Group
 27th of Dec, 2013 by    0 Votes
hi, i have bought from aliexpress Christmas decorations last month in November and they send me the wrong item, i made the dispute and i contacted the seller and he agreed to refund after I remove the dispute, when I did remove the dispute, the seller refund me only 14.19 usd which is not the payment I made, i have paid 62.00 usd and I did not get the refund for a mistake which I did not made, what can I do to have my money back?
 30th of Dec, 2013 by    0 Votes
I would like to thank all of you for your feedback. I was debating on whether I should purchase some gym shoes on this site and whether the items were authentic but after reading these comments I spend my money elsewhere. Again Thanks!

Contact Us