logo

Alcatel

Posted:    obamagrrl2010

Crap Phones, Crap Service

Alcatel
Last summer, I purchased a phone from Cincinnati Bell. It was a flip phone made by a company called Alcatel. The phone was incapable of sending pictures and playing music, even though that was supposedly its main feature to rave about. One day, the charger stopped working. My phone lost charge and I had to keep it off, which was incredibly irritating. We went into a Cincinnati Bell and told what had happened. The lady said that we would have to mail in the phone so the Alcatel people could fix it. I got an even crappier "loan phone" which doesn't even have a camera. Two weeks later, we hadn't had any updates on my phone. We called and some worker answered in a foreign accent and said, "Hello? What is your name?" My dad said his name, and the response was: "And what is your name?" My dad said it again. The response: "And your name, sir?" My dad said his name and asked if the guy was clear. "Oh. OK." He said. That was 4 weeks ago. I want my phone back. I asked my dad what he was gonna do about it, and he said he called again and sent a nasty email, with no response. If I don't get my phone back, I have lost over 100 priceless photos and my SD card, which I stupidly left in my phone. I want my phone back NOW. It's not my fault Alcatel is run by incompetent fools who can't fix a freakin' phone, which is sorta their job! My family will never purchase an Alcatel phone again, and we are planning on switching to Verizon. Thanks, Alcatel.
Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Alcatel complaints
Alcatel - Lost

Comments

4th of May, 2010 by   HotDebbie 0 Votes
I think that the key word here is STUPIDITY.

If you just bought a phone that is not working right, the logic thing is to take it back to the store and have it replace, not to wait until it stops working compleately.

Besides that, who leaves his SD card with his priceless pictures on a phone that is going to be send for repair??
 11th of Jun, 2010 by   obamagrrl2010 0 Votes
excuse me HotDebbie, i don't think u read my complaint right. it was working fine when i got it, and i'm only a 7th grader, so i don't have the ultimate power over which phone i get. and in case u havent noticed the economy kinda sucks, therefore further limiting my choices. i admitted that it was dumb of me to leave my sd card in, and i clearly forgot about it. so maybe read my complaint again to see what i mean.

~obamagrrl2010~
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   Scott Hart 0 Votes
I too have an Alcatel touch 990 from Cincinnati Bell. My wife and son inlaw also have one.We all have had nothing but trouble. Won't charge, wont hang up, after reaching a full charge phone would go dead in 2 hours of very little use, mp3 won't down load, wont ring screen would freeze up have to take battery out to re set. So many things I cant remember. The phones are less than 2 months old.
Cincinnati bell wont stand behind the phones. Nothing but trouble.
 31st of Mar, 2014 by   Asiya5 +1 Votes
I just purchased the alcartel smart phone. It should be named all to hell smart phone. Nothing but trouble from day one with this phone. I thought maybe it's me I need to get used to it but the touch pad is garbage. I can not text certain letters and areas on the screen just don't recognize your touch. Sometimes you can't answer the phone or hang up. I took the phone back and they said it would take 4 days to replace it through the manufacture. It's been a major inconvenience form day one and now I have to waste more time going back to the store for a replacement. I wish I stayed with samsung.
 13th of May, 2014 by   Soco 0 Votes
Asiya5, you must have an ALCATEL ONE TOUCH IDOL MINI huh. I have the same problems with mine.
 4th of Jun, 2014 by   jasonDC1220 0 Votes
All their phones are sub par and pure trash. Wont download music zero storage space doesn't recognise touch on screen often... just trash
 13th of Jun, 2014 by   Ricky Yoder 0 Votes
I have an Alcatel One Touch Evolve 5020n or whatever.
For $35 compared to a Huawei Valiant, it is bad. It was not and is not worth $35 dollars. I'm only keeping it because I don't want to annoy my family members to take me to MetroPCS (I'm 16) and get a Huawei, which was only $20.

The phone doesn't notify me of all my text messages through Google Hangouts. That's a problem.
Very low storage space. I'm not impressed with that.
Very low RAM. Also not impressed with that.
Dual camera, but a pretty crappy inner camera. The outer is pretty good.

Google Chrome crashes when I try to use a web app that I made. This phone isn't even on my level. I optimized the app to a certain degree but it still crashes every now and then.

For $35, I sure as heck didn't get a decent phone in terms of hardware. The software is pretty outdated, too.
What? I have to buy the newest Samsung Galaxy to get KitKat? That's not fair, considering Android is a FREE operating system.
 8th of Jul, 2014 by   Carla Dreamcatcher 0 Votes
My husbandid didnt and I bought the Alcatel one touch evolve about thene month apart In december and mine In january by April we both noticed our screens would tun blk for for about 30 seconds when In operation I Dropped my Phone In water so I had to trash it, but my husbands phone would not charge so he Took It to metro they said phone was defEcted, they would mail It to The company & mail a new alcatel in 2 dAys, bUt in 2 days noThiNg so he called Metro pcs tHey said no shipments Came In they woulD call uS when It came In, 2weekS later The pHone came In & It didnt wORK & metro said he needed A new battery he got one and the Phone wOrked for a month then stopped charging and died again, metro said Its the battery, NO Its battery& phone defected.

WFTV Todd Ulrich Online Job Investigation