logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
binary.com
This company still hasn’t paid me full sum
2. (24 mins ago)
A crooked Company

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Airasia Go holiday Package Complaints & Reviews - Slow Refund, bad customer service, low credibility

Airasia Go holiday Package Contacts & Informations

Airasia Go holiday Package

Posted:    Cheong Wan Shoo

Slow Refund, bad customer service, low credibility

Airasia Go Holiday
Malaysia
goholiday.airasia.com/
Recently I booked a Go Holiday package via Airasia to Siem Reap. I made the booking in August 18th. Unfortunately, Airasia changed the time of flight from KL to Siem Reap. Hence, we have decided to cancel the package and get the refund back.
We lodge the cancellation on 27th December 2007. They informed us that we shall get our refund back after 30 days of working days. On the 27th of Jan, we gave an e-mail to them but they didn't give us any prompt reply. We tried to call them but the call was either dead or engaged, and for your information, no answering machine was set up to attend to the customer. With my perseverance, finally I got to speak to a customer service there. They tried to put me away by telling me that the supervisor is not around and even give me 'fake' name which I found out when I ask for the same person the second time. On 29th January, I received an e-mail from Normah Rahmat (The supervisor) confirming the amount of my refund which is rm3244.32. She promised me that I will get my refund as they have banked in to my account and also, she told me that she will check with the finance institute and give me a call back. Unfortunately, the refund did not happen and no
call was received. For the past few days, I have tried to call Airasia and Go Holiday but the calls were either engaged or no one attend to it after 10 minutes putting me on hold. I think I'm not the only one suffer from this and hope that this will bring attention to you and other consumers. I also hope to get my money back as soon as possible as it's a big sum to me. Thanks!
Comments Malaysia Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Apr, 2008 by   Martin Peters 0 Votes
I can agree with everything that has been written. Air Asia are the most unprofessional and poorest customer service airline that I have flown with. Stay away, they are a rip off.
 15th of Jun, 2008 by   john Powter 0 Votes
I agree Air Asia is a rip off big time i live in Macau at first i tought Air Asia had some thing good to offer.

Alas this company underminds the integrity of the public big time. When all said and done i have nothing but headaches. They take the money but not give the service and when you have a problem their unwillingness to help is 10 fold.. Air Asia you should be ashamed. I will do everything in my power to ley people know about your tacky ploy. Now you have introduced a 13.00 MOP baggage charge i laugh to my self how ridiulous your company really is... I will never use Air Asia as a carrier again...
 23rd of Jul, 2008 by   Alex Hay 0 Votes
I had fly with Air Asia a few times to Kota Kinabalu and last night when I arrived from Kota Kinabalu, I have a terrible experience with the wheel chair service personal. His name is Adaly.

I arrived via AK5121 which touch down at about 1145pm. I had earlier book 2 wheel chair while I was in KK airport and paid the sum of RM12. When I arrived at KL, LCCT, the wheel chair personal said I have to pay extra RM12. What is this going on? We had an argument and want to put on the phone with the boss. When I ask I want to see the boss personally and he told me that the boss is not around. How would I know if he is cheating me? He also had become aggressive and even shouted at me and pointing finger at me. How can you have such person working for you? It will tarnish your image !!!

When I go to KK a few days earlier, KK side did not even asked me for any extra. Even your staff at KK check in counter did not even mention to me anything that I need to pay extra when I checked in.

And furthermore that guy (Adaly) said that he is from Caravan. But as far as I know, I am dealing with Air Asia and Air Asia at KK issued me a receipt, 1381596 and 1381595. He even very rude to me saying that if I don’t pay he cannot service me and just push the wheel chair like that. And on that wheel chair have 2 old passengers and one of them having walking difficulty. What if they fall down? Are YOU going to be responsible for it? Luckily I have friends with me and they helped me to push the wheel chair.

What kind of service of this that Air Asia is providing which is rude and also unsystematic on the wheelchair arrangement?

As stated at your website ‘Yes, it will be provided upon request at the point of your check in at the counter before departure. Please note that a nominal fee of RM12 will be levied upon departure and only upon arrival to LCCT or Johor Bahru.’ From my understanding that I only need to pay once but why he ask for more?

I want an explanation from Air Asia over this matter and also an apology letter.

Looking forward a reply from you all.
 28th of Jul, 2008 by   princess_nancy 0 Votes
26.JULY.08 : Hey peeps!!! Im here to blog about my disappointment with Air Asia. 3 months ago(April 08), AA started the BALI-KUCHING route and my friends and I grabbed it a mth later as the fare was increasing by the week and at a very reasonable rate for traveling in (sept 08). A month later, we booked our hotel and tour packages via online and fully secured our bookings as per requirements. All went well and we were counting down the days, until recently, about a week ago, rumours online had it that AA’s last flight for KCH-BALI is on Aug 23rd, all passengers traveling after that will have a full refund.
Immediately, I called the AA customer service (I was put on hold for 20 minutes) to confirm about it and the not so friendly staff said that it is true. I asked why hasn’t anyone informed us, and she said that they have many passengers to call, just wait. Up to today, not even an email, sms or a phone call from AA.

I’m fine with the 100% refund, but what about my hotel and tour bookings that I’ve paid for?( not via AA website) Ive checked with the hotel and they can’t give us a 100% refund due to company policy.
I know the hotel n tour bookings has nothing to do with AA, but come on, pls find a solution by re-routing us probably via KUL with no additional charges as im not prepared to pay a cent more. This is not my fault but im certainly sure AA cancelled the route to BALI bcoz of poor response.

We could only book our hotel n tour after securing our flight bookings. Of coz no one would book their hotel n tour 1st before getting their air tickets right? Everythg these days are like “book early and get a cheaper price’. And that was what we did.

How can we have confidence in AA now when they have their promo on cheap airfares, like buy NOW and travel period only valid in 6mths time, eg. in 2009. crazy!!! Yes, the airfare will be cheap but of coz ppl would make advance ground bookings too. N travel agents cant give full refund too as it is beyond their control and they have credit card surcharges and currency exchange rates to be taken into consideration too.

I will be waiting for AA to contact me personally abt this and make it official, and if AA doesn’t want to fly us to BALI via KUL, I will publish my complain in the The Star etc and consumer rights. I am NOT joking and im taking this seriously, not only for myself but for the rest of the passengers. And the other option that I’ll give them is to give us our full refund for our hotel n tour.
I am also prepared to take this matter to higher level if they ignore us. We did send an email to AA customer service regarding this matter and was only fooled to be replied by a computer generated email which said that, ‘due to the overwhelming response we r unable to reply to u now’, HUH! Probably overwhelming complains!

Im posting this letter just to inform everyone abt this matter and be extra careful when u purchase ur AA ticket way in advance coz u never know what will happen, incase uve made ur accommodations bookings like me.
 31st of Jul, 2008 by   Jet 0 Votes
Totally agreed. I had been "searching" for customer since past few days, but with no luck, their customer service still "not contactable".

The only replied i get is: "sorry...all our sales agent are busy... "

!@#$%^&
 7th of Aug, 2008 by   LMK 0 Votes
I had similarly bad experiences flying AA and helpdesk. Here's what one should do/not do if you want your complaints to be taken seriously:

a) best to file complaints with organizations that matters to AA. In this case, it would be Skytrax which reviews and rates airlines all over world.

Air Asia were the winners of the Best Low-Cost Airline Asia awarded by Skytrax in 2007. Commenting on the winning title, Tony Fernandes, CEO of AirAsia, said "It gives me great pride to receive this accolade. We are expanding our market, and to be known as one of the best in the Asian region is an astounding success story for a 5 year old company. Credit goes to all our staff. "

No airlines would want to be consistently rated poorly by Skytrax. See link:

b) Send email to Mr Fernandez, CEO himself. Then only the COO and other personnel will sit up and take your complaint seriously. No point sending complaint emails to AA or call the call centre. You'll get standard auto reply, stating they can't attend to all emails.

c) Complaint letters to mainstream papers would not likely be published for "reasons" best known to the papers themselves.

d) buy 1 lot of air asia shares. You can personally air your grievances to the top management / press / shareholders during the AGM Q&A session
 20th of Aug, 2008 by   Jerry 0 Votes
I just return from trip to Thailand I booked thru AirAsia and I want to tell everyone the package they offer was totally a fraud. I arrived in a hotel which is under construction and all the facilities have been put away to make way for renovation. This totally spoiled my mood for holiday and when I asked to be transfer to a decent hotel I found out two travel agents have been involved for my travel arrangement. It did not surprise me when I found out AirAsia over charged the room twice the amount second hotel is charging.

I too tried to call the customer service but no one answered the phone.

Beware if you are planning to use AirAsia to plan your next journey.
 20th of Aug, 2008 by   marissa 0 Votes
it's fascinating to see how many people have a lot of bad things to say about AirAsia. personally, i think dat AA is not that bad like u all think la. before AA existed, none of us could travel as often as we want like now. last time, i used to hear stories from rich friends how they fly here and there for holidays. i was like, dammit, when can i be like them? now, with AA, i too can fly as often as i want, becoz the fares are cheap. all of us must admit that before AA, flying is only a dream. AA makes it a reality. of course, there are some flaws but come on la. we are human and the poeple running the airline are also humans. we are not perfect as well. come to think of it, when we face delays, cancellations and what not, we complain. but do we really compliment them when the flights are on time or the aircraft had a good landing? no right? we just walk away with our luggage, get into our cars and go straight home. why should we be snobs like dat?

however, i agree that sometimes their staff can be a bit rude. what i suggest is to take down their name and designation. get to their office during office hours the next day or whenever you can, a lodge an official complaint. i did it once, and they were swift in taking action. there are actually good people working there who are willing to help you.

just my two cents worth people :)
 28th of Aug, 2008 by   Kathy 0 Votes
What a bad airline! I never heard that change date need to charge expensive fee from other airline. And the baggage also...any service is MONEY!! The reception of call center is very impolite. I don't think it's price is cheap unless you book the flight before 1-2 months.
 1st of Sep, 2008 by   Ng Kim Tai 0 Votes
I've booked a holiday package with Goholiday to Bandung, Indonesia on the 24---27 October 2008. It's a group booking.  I can't proceed with the holidays because of medical reason. I 've called everyday for the past two weeks, but failed . Nobody would attend to any calls at all.Nobody would even bother to answer any calls.Sometimes I wonder if this Tel. No 0387754141 really exist at all.My booking No. is B003MY7. Only myself, Ng Kim Tai cannot go on this holiday. Please allow me to postpone this holiday, hopefully the monies that I've paid will be retain and kept for other bookings.After reading the number of complaints and dissatisfaction of your service, I shall make a conplaint to the Consumers' right or Ministry of Internal Affairs, if you continue to turn a deaf ear and pays no heed to our complaints and plight.
 3rd of Sep, 2008 by   Sudhaharan R Bhaskaran Nair 0 Votes
I made a go-holiday package booking on 3 Sept 2008 to Bali for 12 Sept 2008 to 14 Sept 2008.Everything went okay and the transaction was confirmed.However when I wanted to print the confirmed itinerary and booking details the page just vanished and I couldnt print the details.

Could Air Asia sent me the confirmation of my booking details ASAP without which i may face problems at time of departure.

I can be contacted at 03-21766180 or 012-3276555.

Thank you.
 30th of Oct, 2008 by   SOMEONE WHO IS FINALLY TELLING THE TRUTH 0 Votes
Ha… Air Asia, well, you get what you paid.
This airline get you from point A to Point B, arrive destination safely in one piece, with a fraction of price. I seldom make complaint while dining at jalan alor, do you ?
By the way, here is my complaint to Air Asia. Why the RM75 (change date fee) is not refundable if the later scheduled flight is canceled ?

Also, people may not be able to change the date online due to system database erros if were previously book the air ticket through mobile phone.
 30th of Oct, 2008 by   Traveller 0 Votes
Beware. Even you flight is cancelled, Air Asia promises a "full" refund of your money is only the initial amount you have paid to purchase the air ticket. The flight change fee, name change fee or any other fees you have paid subsequently, if any, are NOT refundable. Oh boy, they still make money for cancelling the flights !!
 16th of Nov, 2008 by   abdul rahim 0 Votes
They are the most profiteering counter staff unprofessional airline in all of Asia. the worst
 17th of Nov, 2008 by   ALEX WONG 0 Votes
I was given confirmation refund slip Booking Reference No. WP3YBC and NWIKCF for total amount of RM 2324 on 29th Aug 2008.. and i should wait for 2 to 3 months to actualy to get back my money..but i'm still patiently waiting... Try calling all this AA numbers 03-86604388 / 03-8775400 / 03-86604343 ... what a @@#$$% waste of time. What should i do ????? Any Idea...???
 17th of Nov, 2008 by   ALEX WONG 0 Votes
I actually wondering do any of you guy out there ever get back your money when AA cancel their flight?
 18th of Nov, 2008 by   Jackee 0 Votes
FOOD ERROR
just within 1 week this just happened to me...walao!

1st flight: to vietnam from LCCT (day)
i order Roti Jala (if not mistaken its name for testing since its look nice)
walao after heat up its still cold, i take 2 bites only

2nd flight: return to KL from Vietnam(Night)
its night flight..somemore delayed 1 hour
thinking to take food on plane..
food out of stock... maggi mee want?
dun want to blame loh... maybe too many ppl onboard.
End up to take dinner at Mamak stall nearby home, its already 1 a.m.

3rd flight: To Vietnam from LCCT (Day)
No order food so no complaint

4th flight: return to KL (Night)
Thinking now less ppl onboard. perhap can take my food on plane this time.
This time im become invisible to them, maybe im look like Vietnamese to them.( sure they look down on people, this is what i think)
They dont even look at me, immediate ask the row infront me.walao..is that call "PROUD" to be Malaysian?
remember its just happen to me within a week...

I dont think i want your food on air again, airasia!!
i really want to &^%$$%&*$%$%* within my heart.
 20th of Nov, 2008 by   lina 0 Votes
my flight from jb to macau was cancelled by AA and i called the called ctr for dozen of times before the customer answered the call, very unfriendly, low quality, no standard at all.i waited nearly 1 hr 45 minutes before they pick the call, promised my full refunds will be receive within 30 days, i called up on 29th sept and its more than 50 days, no news and i emailed them on 2nd nov, still no reply.ppl will never trust AA anymore, we should boycott this airline or maybe complaint to consumer.i will write to consumer complaint dept to lodge the complaint, AA should be bring to court, hundreds to thousands of ppl is the victim of cancellation of flights from jb to macau from oct 8th ...
 24th of Nov, 2008 by   Mitch 0 Votes
Hi there,

I am in Australia and am looking to call airasia.

Would anyone have their number as I am experiencing similar problems and want my money back.

If you would kindly post the phone number in International format it would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Mitch
 27th of Nov, 2008 by   ALEX WONG 0 Votes
Hi

Try calling all these AA numbers 03-86604388 / 03-8775400 / 03-86604343 ... suppost to be their only customer service numbers. Best of luck..

Tax Hacks: 3 Tips to Avoid an Audit