Afni Inc.

PO Box 3427
Bloomington, Illinois
Phone: 1-866-307-0283
afnicollections.com
Afni sent a letter offering a supposed great deal of offering a settlement for only $400 for a debt that was originally over $1000. The only thing is... this is a time barred debt. The statute of limitations is up on this debt and was up over 6 years ago. This debt was from 1997, and another collection agency had already tried to collect on it. When we sent them a cease and desist letter telling them that the SOL was up, and not to contact us again, they apparently sold it to these losers. We are sending them a cease and desist letter and telling them the same as we told the last zombie debt collector. If they think that we are going to jump at this so-called deal and pay them they are nuts. Not happening.
Complaint comments Comments (4) Complaint country United States Complaint category Collections Agencies

Comments

11th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD. EVERYONE - SEND A LETTER TO EACH STATE'S ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE LISTED ON THE LETTER FROM AFNI (MINE HAD ILLINOIS & TEXAS) PLUS TO YOUR STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL. ALSO, SEND TO FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, FBI, BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND THE ALLEGED COMPANY YOU OWE MONEY TO. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE ANY CALLS OR ANYTHING ELSE - JUST WRITE THE LETTER. ALSO SEND COPIES TO ALL THREE CREDIT BUREAUS - THEY MUST POST THE LETTER TO YOUR ACCOUNT.

ALSO, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, GIVE THEM YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER...SINCE THEY ARE ALREADY COMMITTING FRAUD, WHAT'S TO STOP THEM FROM TAKING YOUR IDENTITY.
 3rd of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
OMG... I just paid this bill with AFNI trying to clear this up. It was just under the 10 year limit. Does this mean that I still owe the bill to Verizon?? omg... That's what I get for being honest and trying not to get out of paying a bill. DUPED!!
 3rd of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
I just checked my credit report today after being declined a loan. I found aitem on there for AFNI, INC that said i have a $716 debt to sprint with an account that was opened in January of 07. I feared identity theft and contacted Sprint. They told me about an old account that was closed May of 03.

AFNI had clearly engaged in illegal account reading in violation of the FCRA!

I will be calling the FTC first thing in the morning as well as sending a certified mail demand to AFNI that they fix the illegal reading of the account or I will sue them for their violation of the FCRA.

-b
 3rd of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes

Afni Inc. - Fraud and cheating!

A lot of people are getting collection notices from AFNI regarding old bills from Verizon. Well, there is a way this can stop! If you receive a letter from AFNI, call the Federal Trade Commission 1-877-FTC-HELP and file a complaint. They take your information and assign you a reference number.

All you have to do is send a certified letter to AFNI telling them that the statute of limitations has passed regarding the debt and you don't have to pay it according to your state law.

When the FTC receives enough complaints, they will go after AFNI!!!

Contact Us