3 Day Blinds

False advertising, slow service

3 Day Blinds
3 Day blinds is guilty of false advertising. How can you name your company "3 Day Blinds" when you KNOW that your sales process ensures NONE of your customers will have their blinds in 3 days?

The wife and I went in there last month because we just bought a new house and needed blinds up fast.

Well it took 5 days for the designer to come out and measure, another 3 days for the designer to even put in our order, then 12 days to get the blinds delivered to our house, and now they are telling us it will take another 3 to 5 days for the installer to CALL us to schedule an appointment.

And then probably 3 to 5 days for the installer to come out and put them up.

They definitely should re-name themselves "Somewhere Around 30 Day Blinds".
Complaint comments Comments (11) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful?

20th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
We went into 3 day blinds and completed and order form. We paid the extra $50 to have someone come out to do the measuring and they didn't show up for almost a week. During that time the person we placed the order with mixed it all up. I had to take time off of work to go back in and start over, now we are are 3 weeks into the process and the order is just now being submitted. I was told that the blinds would be in 11/19/07 and that we could have them installed before Thanksgiving. I just now found out that it would be sometime after thanksgiving and we would have to wait to hear from an installer to schedule. I would NEVER use these people again, I am very concerned that the order was done correctly. We ordered other window treatments from Home Depot and had no problems.

Hope other people read this an decide to go elsewhere to make their purchases.
 3rd of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
At first I was very impressed with how 3 Day Blinds called me immediately after I submitted the online form for having someone come out to measure for shutters. They sent an appointment for the next day but then called back to say that they made a mistake and set two appointments for the same time and that they would have to come out on another day unless I wanted to pay $50 and have the installer come out to measure. They encouraged me to do this because it would save time. I went ahead with this and the installer measured and said he would call us with a quote on the next business day. No one called back. I called them and left several messages. None were returned. I called the main office for 3 Day Blinds and they said I need to call the showroom which didn't open until 10am the next day. I call at several times between 10-10:30 the next morning, no answer. I called the main office back and they said they would email them. They responded to the email saying that they already told us the window wasn't able to take shutters. I said that perhaps they had us mixed up with someone else because the installer told us how he would mount the shutters inside the window and that we should go with the 2" shutter, not the 3" -- but never any mention that the window "wouldn't take" shutters. Anyway, to make a long story short, the woman that was taking care of this said she would look into this and call me back in an hour and two hours later I called her back but had to leave a message. Finally the installer called back and asked if I wanted a quote. No mention that they did mix me up with someone else, no apology. The quote was for twice as much as another company! 3 Day Blinds is not a very professional company and the people that help you on the phone sound young and are rude. They never seemed concerned that they messed up or that one of their vendors did not return calls. Very strange experience.
 16th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
3 Day Blinds is not false advertising. If people would take the time to understand all options available to them. Which the Co. does offer several shipping methods. If you are not reading your fine print as you would when you purchase anything else that cost money. This is a custom product. Similar to a vehicle. It's being made for you, for your windows. Sometimes there will be problems. Why would you try to put a business under fire immediately because a minor issue which most likely would have been taken care of had you given them a chance. People like you are putting companies out of business today!!! And several people out of work!!!
 20th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
 2nd of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I wish I would have read this before I even considered this company. So much for 3-day Binds.. Its february, I don't have my shades because they sent it damaged nearly 2 months ago!!! Now, they will only give me store credit for it.. and for what? I'm still in the midst of disputing it. I don't want their business and I would never EVER recommend them to anyone. You're better off finding and installing 'em yourself.
 26th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am not sure 30 days is correct. And if you mean to complete an order lets go with 60+ days and still waiting. And since we have been more than patient, I will agree with the OP that they should change the name of the c0mpany from 3 day to something else. It also obvious that Jess must work for them and although your defense of them is admirable, your argument is bad. Sooner or later they will bring the last part of our order (paid for at the beginning of December 2008) and maybe it will be in place by the spring of 2009.
 26th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
We happen to have a store in the area. We scheduled for a "design consultant" to come out and he showed up at the appointed time. We agreed on what we wanted, he measured the 12 windows and one door we wanted done. Within about 5 business days they called to schedule an install. The installers showed up at appointed time and took a little more than an hour to do the install...well all but the door covering. It had to go to the warehouse for a modification. At about 68 days since the install of the window coverings we still don't have the door covering and all we get from the contact is excuses.

Never, never, never go to this company...
 27th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
I too wish I had read these reviews. I made the mistake of ordering from them because they were a little cheaper than another place. Well I got what I paid for. First blinds I received were too long and too short. I ordered a flat roman shade, that bubbled out. It looked like a projection screen when it was all the way down. Within 2 weeks the continuous cork loop that my sales person insisted I should upgrade to was broken. After calling and calling and no returned phone calls I finally got through to someone. They did do a reorder and let me upgrade the fabric...to the only other white one I could choose from. It looks like something I would see in my grandmas house. So now I have blinds once again that are not measured correctly. I can see out the edges on 3 of my windows. They let light in...I can see right through to the edge of my neighbors house. I really just want my money back. The quality is terrible and customer service is even worse. I would have rather spent the 300 dollars more and gone with the other company than deal with this. I had better luck cutting my own at Home Depot than these "professionals" did for me. Do yourself a favor...Do NOT use 3 Day Blinds!!
 5th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Looks like they haven't improved since 2007. I should have done my homework. For starters, the design consultant measured incorrectly so the installer couldn't hang over half of the blinds. 3 of the 4 replacement blinds came 2 1/2 weeks later. The last blind came in 5 days later and was defective so the installer took it back. It's been over a month since we first ordered the blinds and we went with this comapny thinking 3 day blinds actually meant something. I just hope that the blinds hold up so we don't have to go through warranty service...uuugghh.
 20th of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
I am going to the BBB now.
 20th of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
My seller did a total bait and switch on me. I will bash this company until the day I die.
Hopefully that will be a long time...

Contact Us