logo

PositionMEonline and Reeltime Media
Business in Trouble???
3. (1 hr 19 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
4. (1 hr 21 mins ago)
MTN
Cannot make contact with anybody at MTN
5. (1 hr 52 mins ago)
Igor and Kasbar are scammers
IGOR aka KASBAR is a Ripper

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

3-8- Candles, Wisconsin Complaints & Reviews - falsely stated her prize worth to trick customers into purchase

3-8- Candles Contacts & Informations

3-8- Candles

Posted: 2012-10-12 by    annoyedwithHTC

falsely stated her prize worth to trick customers into purchase

381candles.com
Wisconsin
Stop bothering the company! Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. Just because your candles are terrible and contain the cheapest, most ugly jewelry ever doesn't mean you have to harass this company. LEAVE THEM ALONE for God's sake. Get a life.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Oct, 2012 by   Lynxy +7 Votes
Really? That's the retail value, not what the company would pay for it. Do you really think jewelry stores buy their pieces at the same price they sell them for? It'd be ridiculous to expect a company to buy anything at full price, or to sell it for exactly what they paid for it, or less. 381 candles never claimed that they were purchasing the jewelry at that cost, just that that is what it is worth, at least never that I've ever seen has that been said.
 12th of Oct, 2012 by   Nicki Hildebrand +7 Votes
Jen Orfanelli...just curious. Since you own Hidden Treasure Candles, and you don't know how to work the necklaces that customers have coming out of your candles, and they have to explain to you how they work - don't you think you have better things to do than to bash other companies? Not to mention, the fact that you ban your customers for asking questions about said necklace - call them snobby and childish, and tell them you're going to sue them.
3-8-1 Candles is a RETAILER. Do you get mad when you go to Wal Mart and purchase paper towels for $5.00 and Wal Mart bought them for $1.00?
 12th of Oct, 2012 by   annoyedwithHTC  Best Advice +7 Votes
And really, your company tells your customers that there could be a Tiffany & Co. necklace worth $5, 000 in their candles? BULL! Those necklaces only cost $2, 000. So who's lying now? And learn how to spell. Seriously. How unprofessional can you be?
 12th of Oct, 2012 by   concerned reader17 +7 Votes
Do you see the "retail value"? There is a difference between retail and wholesale value. If you are going accuse someone of doing unlawful acts, then you need to have some proof of this. This is slander and I hope this company sues you for defamation of character without cause!
 12th of Oct, 2012 by   FlutterBy Butterfly +7 Votes
Jen Orfanelli is a co-owner of Hidden Treasure Candles, which is Incorrectly named, they should be Hidden Trash Candles, it's too bad Jen and her sister are poor business owners who feel the need to pick on someones business who is doing better than theirs.

Hidden Treasure Candles are sore losers, period. Get over yourselves and act like adults, your business is hemorrhaging customers because your 'treasures' are TRASH. Your customer service is horrific, and the minute you get a bad review you block the customer and send your little groupies to bash them. Grow up.
 13th of Oct, 2012 by   concerned reader17 +6 Votes
Legal Information

In case if a court defines that a consumer complaint constitutes libel or defamation, the mentioned consumer would be held legally responsible for damages to the reputation of the business, mentioned in complaint. Under federal law (the Communications Decency Act) ComplaintsBoard.com is not legally responsible for the complaints that are posted, even if those complaints contain remarks that are defamatory. However, the mentioned law does not protect the person who posted the complaints from the responsibility for the posted complaints.

For more information on laws limiting the liability of companies like ComplaintsBoard.com from written remarks posted on its site by third parties, please visit these Web sites:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_230_of_the_Communications_Decency_Act http://www.casp.net http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_v._Rosenthal

Legal Information Institute

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl? navby=search&case=/uscircs/4th/971523p.html
 13th of Oct, 2012 by   dogjunkie75 +6 Votes
Sorry to inform you Jen, but Nikki and I went to the same high school. And she sells to me, and I am as you say poor. She is a very wonderful and honest and fair person, She has no need to brain wash people to buy her product. Her product sells itself. What kind of person are you to bash someone, that put her all into starting her own business in this crazy ass economy. I do so hope she sues you, because she does have just cause to do so. I am even gonna recommend a lawyer friend of mine to her. Better your product and you wouldn't have to bash others, you could stand on your own 2 feet instead riding someones coat tails...
 14th of Oct, 2012 by   CSI For Real +1 Votes
When a company buys wholesale and places a piece of Jewelry in a candle to me that is very smart. Where is there money to be made if they didn't buy it for wholesale prices? Stating the retail value is not wrong at all, it letting the customers know they're getting good quality. I have bought 3 candles from 3-8-1 Candles and they are all great quality candles and that is BEFORE I ever reach my prize. The candle alone without anything in it is worth what they charge. This is nothing but a witch hunt and it's totally out of control. Everybody needs to stop what they're doing and run their own business, then maybe you would have better things to do with your time. I'm sick of all of this and it's so childish, leave 3-8-1 Candles alone and figure out how to run your own company before you turn green with jealousy over another one doing good.
 15th of Oct, 2012 by   Nicki Hildebrand +1 Votes
Jen,

Truly, I do NOT hate you or your company. Not even a little bit.
I wrote you an e-mail to "warn" you, and it was taken the wrong way. You're right, I absolutely apologize for doing that - I had no right. As for statements or comments left on any of your reviews or otherwise, that is not me or 3-8-1 Candles. I had NO idea this was happening, just like I stated in the e-mail to you that I had no idea this was happening in regards to your FB wall. I absolutely do NOT condone this behavior from any of my fans/customers. I didn't know it was there until someone posted a link for me see.
We can go back and forth all day long about who shouldn't have done what - but I don't want to, and thankfully, neither do you. Waiving the white flag as a truce sounds great to me - and it would be wonderful if this thread was deleted (along with the many others).
If anything EVER happens again in regards to my fans, are you willing to let me know? And I can offer the same to you, too.
 15th of Oct, 2012 by   cls314 0 Votes
Jen - I would like to apologize for any part I may have had in this..as far as spamming reviews. I was just mad that I had a complaint about HTC and stated I liked 381 better on your page (wrong of me) and I was blocked. Then everything snowballed and so many things were said and done that made me mad and I reacted poorly. Please except my apology. It was me and NOT Nicki or 381! She new nothing until it was pointed out and I told her.
 16th of Oct, 2012 by   Nicki Hildebrand 0 Votes
Agreed. People act emotionally, and horrible mean things are said - I am at fault for this as well. Thank you, Jen. No more stress for any of us, because I was right there in the boat with you. Truce :)
 16th of Oct, 2012 by   Nicki Hildebrand 0 Votes
lol - you and I both! I'm really not a mean person, and I don't like being so hated by anyone! Mortgage, hubby, kids, business - we definitely have other, more important things, to focus our attention on. And if anything ever happens between any of our fans/customers ever again, please, let us talk about it and deal with it - I promise to do the same.
 16th of Oct, 2012 by   Nicki Hildebrand 0 Votes
Hmm...I'm not sure, but I was in contact with I believe one of the owners of the board who was looking into removal. Maybe he'll pop in here and see your comment that you want it removed...
 16th of Oct, 2012 by   Nicki Hildebrand 0 Votes
Thank you kindly - I am SO glad this is over and done with :)
Thank you!
Have a good night - I think we'll both finally be able to get some rest now! lol
 10th of Dec, 2012 by   RootbeerMadness +1 Votes
Nikki - I have ordered from you once during the October promotion and it took over 5 weeks for my candle to be shipped to me. You lied about when it would be shipped out and exaggerated about the quality of the jewelry. Also the scent was disgusting. I do not work for Hidden Treasures, Diamond Candles or Jewelry Candles but I can honestly say I would rather purchase through them because I can bank on HONEST customer service. Do yourself a favor... don't create a shipping label unless the item is actually going to be shipped out that day. Delivery confirmation doesn't lie and that is your downfall.
 13th of Feb, 2013 by   Kelly13132 +2 Votes
Seriously? This is how business women act? Poor reflection on all of you. I have "heard" about the petty bickering, owners "banning" customers for just stating their facts and or opinions about the product, but shrugged at it till I read this.
Nicki, Chill out lady, and just run your business. This is the 3rd place I have read you slamming people and customers, and it's dis-heartening. All you can do is your best, stick to your promises, and don't promise what you can't deliver. Instead of bickering with these people, who cares what other business owners say anyway, spend the time improving your own business.
 10th of Sep, 2013 by   Pissedoffboston 0 Votes
I must say I am upset and mad because I bought one of these because I heard good things and they made sure to take my money right away but did not fulfill my order untill a month later after I had already contacted them numerous times on their site asking to please cancel my order. They instead ignored my emails and never got back to me and proceeded to ship out my order after I said not to. Now I am stuck with a candle I do not want. I am not a negative person but I am highly upset that no one got back to me on the website and how they just kept telling me to contact customer service. How can you contact customer service when no one responds. This is the last you will hear from me and this is my first and last time buying from them.

When you purchase an item like this payments shouldn't be taken out until order is processed and if they do get taken out right away and the person wants it canceled if order has not processed then you have to honor the customer and cancel the order instead of stealing their money and ignoring them!

The Top 5 Consumer Complaints