logo

blackstuff.net
Scam
2. (8 mins ago)
Typical Dutch Stuff
Cheat money through the Typical dutch stuff
3. (27 mins ago)
orchard loan
refund loan
4. (28 mins ago)
Auto Services Company, Inc.
refusal to honor warranty
5. (30 mins ago)
PositionMEonline and Reeltime Media
Business in Trouble???

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

24 PetWatch Complaints & Reviews - They charge $14.99 to make a telephone number change

24 PetWatch Contacts & Informations

24 PetWatch

Posted:    Colledes

They charge $14.99 to make a telephone number change

24 PetWatch
24petwatch.com
I adopted a puppy who had a 24-hour PW microchip implanted at the breeder's veterinary office. I registered the dog's chip upon adoption, paid the fee, put the tag on her collar, and thought no more about it. UNTIL...I had to change my phone number. I called 24-hr PetWatch to give them the updated telephone number so that if my dog were to be lost, and someone were to find her and call 24HrPW, they would actually be able to reach me. Imagine my surprise when I was told that they charge $14.99 to make a telephone number change "for this year", or I could pay $39.99 "to cover changes for life". I advised her that my other 2 dogs I owned have Home Again chips, and that rather than pay the 24HrPW "annual update fees", I would be having a Home Again Chip implanted in this dog as well, as Home Again enrolls a dog once forever, and does not charge to update information. What a crock!
Comments United States Pets & Animals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Aug, 2010 by   sjt610 0 Votes
I had a similar experience. I adopted a dog who had been microchipped with a 24 hr petwatch chip, but had never been registered. After days of trying to reach someone there by phone, I gave all the necessary info. and was told that they would be sending me tags in the mail. Two weeks later I still had not received the tags so I called the company again. Again, it took numerous attempts to reach them with hold times of more than 10 minutes. I was told by the rep. that I spoke to that my dog had never been registered and that if I wanted tags they would cost me $10 a piece. I explained that I had already been promised free tags but he informed me that he really didn't know what the company policies are but if I wanted to speak to someone who did he could transfer me (but the wait would be more than 10 minutes!)
I immediately contacted Home Again where my other dogs are registered and they registered my dog with the petwatch microchip #.
Oh, did I mention that 24hour petwatch's website has been down and remains down indefinitely?
24 hour petwatch is a joke. I would never trust them to help find a lost pet. I am a vet tech. and would only recommend Home Again to our clients.
Update: I received a letter from Petwatch today confirming the information I gave them 2 weeks ago. They had my name wrong, the dogs breed, sex and birthdate wrong and never listed the emergency contact information. Great company.
 6th of Nov, 2010 by   keepmydogsafe 0 Votes
http://www.24petwatch.com/collar-tags.asp and http://www.24petwatch.com/index.aspx these are 2 links for the losers. Really this is B)))S))) to jump through these hoops. I have found the company less than desire-able. Unfortunately they see only $$$$$$$. Through the second link I was able to update my info. I am currently looking for an ORG to register my microchip numbers so the LOSERS dont make my life miserable IF that unwanted day happens. I am sorry you have to experience this. PS I have made a few cheap tags from ebay with my microchip # on it. I am going to ask the humane society next if they will keep this info for me. GOOD LUCK
 20th of Jul, 2012 by   LindseyR 0 Votes
I've been on hold for over 30 minutes now trying to cancel my policy so they won't continue to auto-deduct my monthly payment. I tried this a month ago and never got through after over 25 minutes on hold. They're easy to talk to if they're trying to reach you to sell you a policy but after that the customer service is horrible. I encourage anyone to find another company to use for pet insurance because this one is BAD!!

Swine Flu Vaccine Scam