logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Busuu.com
Shame on them for their awful business methods
2. (23 mins ago)

Posted:    STurner

Very EVIL people

21st Mortgage
Mississippi
My sister made a loan through them and then she was diagnosed with chordoma cancer. Her and my mother were living in the manufactured home at the time of her diagnoses. She became disabled because of the cancer and during the switch from her job salary to disability (and only during that time) she became more than thirty days past due. She had to wait on the disability and promised 21st mortgage she would catch up. Well during this period of time, she had to go into the hospital to have ONE of the tumors removed that was pressing against her brain. These people called over and over DURING her surgery, insisting to speak with her!! Half of her face was already paralyzed because of the invasive tumor and I kept telling them ALL OF THIS. I eventually had to explain, in detail, that for her to get to the phone I would have to make the doctor stop the surgery and try to wake her from the almost coma state they had to put her in for the surgery. I was stilled called a liar. This was in 2007, she had been paying regular on this loan since 2002. Well she passed away in Nov. of 2007 swearing that in her contract with this company that she was covered in case of death and it would pay off the loan. NOPE!!! Not covered! Now, they know she has passed and the assault has shifted to my mother, who has been trying to pay off this debt and keep this home. They will come to the house and threaten her. They will call the neighbors so the neighbors will come to her and threaten her. It does not matter if you try to make arrangements with them, because the initial case worker is nice but they have to transfer your call to a supervisor to get the arrangement approved. THEN YOU HERE IT!!! You are humiliated and degraded by the time you hang up with this one. The supervisor will not ONLY tell you what kind of irresponsible, lowlife trash you are, he will also add that he thinks your trying to skirt through life for FREE...and it takes him about 35 to 45 minutes to say that. My mother is 60 years old with degeneritive arthritis. She has had two knee replacements and needs two hips. She walks with a walker but needs a wheelchair. My husband and I have tryed to help out when we can and man the phones, THEY WONDER WHY PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO ANSWER THE PHONE CALLS. You get tired of repeating the same thing over and over. This bill may fall behind but it is always caught up. Since 2002, $25, 000.00 still owed. Have been paying insurance THROUGH THEM with the note and had water damage after Katrina, NOT COVERED!!! Now it is turning into mold damage, NOT COVERED!! They sent their own insurance man out to inspect and take pictures. NOT COVERED!! No help from FEMA because the home was insured. LOL Yeah right!!! Well one good thing from all that, if they do come out to get the crappy trailer, it will fall to bits before they can get it of the lot. WARNING: STAY AWAY FROM 21st MORTGAGE!!!
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Feb, 2011 by   Silverado99 -1 Votes
It is the policy of 21st mortgage to only address customer complaints in a confidential discussion with our customer. To appropriately respond to a complaint may require releasing confidential information, which is strictly forbidden under federal privacy regulations. We will attempt to contact the referenced customer to resolve this complaint.
 12th of Feb, 2011 by   silverado99_sickens_me_to_death +1 Votes
Victims of 21st Mortgage, PLEASE read this post to the end. I know this is lengthy, but it may hold some answers for you or a loved one.

My comment is for Silverado99. I've been watching you closely for quite some time now. The problem I have with you is that you never seem to deviate from your response to any and all complaints against 21st Mortgage Corporation. We can all see that you have your copy and paste experience down to a science. To date, you have exhibited your talent with the same response at least 21 times on this particular complaint board, all of which say the same thing. As a matter of fact, having done some research, I found that your response is the same on other complaint boards as well. For example, /link removed/ What I would like to know is ... who the heck are you, and since when has 'your' corporation decided to start following federal privacy regulations? Come on now! Don't pee on me and tell me it's raining! 21st Mortgage Corporation's idea of 'resolving a complaint' is a joke at the very least. I can't believe you even have the audacity to post a response like that to the people you crap all over on a daily basis. Tell me silverado, are you seriously going to continue to defend this mortgage company, despite the fact that you are fully aware that your blowing wind up our butts? Or maybe your a victim of this company who is being forced to feed us this crap in order to keep a roof over YOUR head. If that is indeed the case, please do tell and redeem yourself here and now. In either case, you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to feed us this crappy paragraph over and over again. Maybe if you copy and paste it enough, you'll actually start believing it. Now that's a scary though, isn't it? You and this company of yours make me sick. Hence the nickname I have chosen to use on this complaint board... silverado99_sickens_me_to_death! Now, having said all that, let me share MY experience with 21st Mortgage Corporation for all who care to read it.

Over the last 10 years, our mortgage has been sold to 3 different company's. 21st being the latest. It's been about a year and a half now, and a nightmare from day one. In this company's mind, there is no such thing as a grace period. Although it is suppose to be 20 days, if our payment was not in their hands by the 1st of the month, the calls would start. First the home phone, then the cell phones. My husband explained that we did not need their 'reminder' calls, and kindly asked them to stop. Well, that went in one ear and out the other. We finally stopped answering their calls all together, at which point they would start calling us private, blocked, and using all the numbers they had at their availability. Now mind you, we were NEVER 'late' on our payments. They were always made before the grace period. So basically, it was just a matter of harassment. Almost as if they enjoyed making our lives miserable. The calls would start at approx. 7 am and continue throughout the day until 10 pm. Now, here is the kicker. This past month, we got a certified notice in the mail from 21st, stating that our payment was short by $70. We placed a call with our financial institution and found that there had been an error on their part, and the immediately rectified the problem. By that time, the damage had already been done and 21st pulled out every naughty in the book! My husband told the woman at 21st that a check would be sent out that day. Well, needless to say, that wasn’t good enough. She told him that they would not accept that check unless it was accompanied with the telephone numbers and addresses of at least 3 different family members, in addition to at least 2 phone numbers and addresses to our nearest neighbors AND our employer's phone numbers and addresses! She proceeded to tell us that if they did not get all of this information along with the payment, they would start foreclosure on our home. My husband chuckled and threw in a few choice words and hung up on her. We sent them their check, certified, which they accepted and promptly cashed. Needless to say, they did NOT get any phone numbers or addresses from us, and to boot, we had our home phone disconnected, and put a block on our cell phones for all the numbers 21st has ever used to contact us. Jokes on you 21st!

Victims of 21st Mortgage Company, PLEASE do your homework! Write a complaint to the BBB. Do some research. Report them to the Federal Trade Commission. Call your local AG's Office as well as calling AG's Office in Tennessee. FIGHT BACK! If we all pitch in and do our share, we can bring this company down to it's knees! Check out the following websites.
/link removed/
 29th of Apr, 2011 by   cat222 0 Votes
Our Mortgage was sold to them about 7 years ago. 21st mortgaga has rewritten the terms of our loan without our consent there is no more grace period original loan we had 10 days, - late charge original loan $5.00 now $15.00- never an over the phone fee now if I am running a little late and call in my payment or pay on-line there is an $10.00 fee called a convenience fee, they say it is state law in our state for this fee...Well I did my homework and found out that convenience fee was against the law in our state and they had to reimbursed me that fee which added up to a little more then 1 payment, which they still to this date havent sent me a check for money owed they refuse to talk to me when I call on this matter I have been told any fee owed to me will be subtracted from what I owe them ...I highly reccommend that you do your homework before signing anything with them..
 31st of Dec, 2013 by   Cataptra LeMagicka 0 Votes
Completely agree! wish I never heard of this sorry mortgage company.

First mortgage company I've ever dealt with that won't accept a little less than the current amount because of other issues that came up or just the interest payment, no, they REFUSE EVERYTHING YOU TRY TO ASK POLITELY OF THEM only to have your face planted firmly in the dirt.

I only asked tp pay the interest or even a little over half what the normal payment is due to a death in the family and loss of income.

I have NEVER been late, not one time!

21st MORTGAGE are the most insensitive, uncaring, selfish, and rudest people I have ever dealt with in all my years of dealing with loan and finance companies.

I have never experienced anything like this, not until now.

If I could get another loan company to take over my loan for my mobile home, I'd do it a heartbeat, because 21st mortgage employees to me have turned out to be nothing but jerks. I'd use a lot stronger language, but those that have and are dealing with this lousy company know exactly what I and others mea and feel about them.

I, too, am really surprised these people are still operating, let alone still in business!!

Saving on Holiday Travel