logo

fake lootery

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

2-10 Home Warranty, Denver, Colorado Complaints & Reviews - Save your self hours and hours of frustration and disappointment

2-10 Home Warranty Contacts & Informations

2-10 Home Warranty

Posted:    Valerie

Save your self hours and hours of frustration and disappointment

2-10 home warranty
10375 e harvard ave suite 100
Denver, Colorado
www.2-10.com
Failure to live up to contract and or professionally resolve dispute.

Dishwasher, broke - called company sent a subcontractor out.

Contractor said it was un repairable.

2-10 states that I not them have to go thru the kitchen-aide because kitchen aide has a lifetime warranty on this product. 2-10 said they will pay 200 USD towards labor cost. Kitchenaide said in no way is the product covered under warranty as I am not the original owner. ( I CONFIRM THIS AS TRUE! ). 2-10 then treats me like Im lying to them about this information, I encourage them to contact kitchen aide them self which they don't do. I once again contact kitchen aide and get them to email a denial letter, forward it to 2-10 home warranty still with no resolve in the mean time I can't even get rid of the broken dishwasher in the event that someone some day wants to repair it!. Horrible costumer service a complete and deliberate refusal to honor contract. Save your self hours and hours of frustration and disappointment.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Jan, 2009 by   Jim P 0 Votes
I agree 100%. 2-10 is a lousy company to work with. I look at the contract that I had with them as a complete waste of money. The only thing that I can say positive about it is that it is over. One thing that I did find when I was fighting with them was a good set of things to check to keep them from denying the claim. At least it take a few issues off the table. Form was at http://homeshieldscam.com/2009/01/top-10-reasons-that-your-home-warranty-company-denies-your-claims/. This site also had a good set of info on 2-10. (http://homeshieldscam.com/2009/01/2-10-home-warranty/)
 5th of May, 2009 by   Tim 0 Votes
All you need to do is read the following clause in the standard 2-10 home warranty to know you have purchased a worthless warranty:

is specified as “covered” under Eligible Equipment. If a system or item is not specified
as “covered, ” then it is not eligible for service;

The entire 2-10 home warranty contract is on a single piece of paper. How many parts do you think the average appliance contains? Get the picture? Their out is always "we don't list that part in the warranty so it is not covered."

Case in point. Springs on my built-in microwave broke and door came crashing down. Springs (and related labor which was more than parts) not covered as they were not listed. If the handle broke? Not covered. If the broke? Not covered.

Worthless warranty.
 17th of Jun, 2009 by   Tracy 0 Votes
Just had my first experience with the 2-10 home warranty company. DO NOT BUY. It is very misleading. They do not hold up to their end of the warranty. When we closed on our home we were told to purchase the extra 100.00 upgrade which would include our hottub. Needless to say that when we tried to file the claim we were told it was not covered. We should have paid more to have it covered. You can't file a claim within the first 30 days, but you have to add extra coverage before the end of 30 days. It is only $50.00 more than we had paid. But 2-10 would not allow the extra coverage or the repair. Also would not refund the $100.00 back that we paid for the spa coverage. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM IT IS A SCAM TO GET YOUR MONEY. CHECK AROUND FOR OTHER POLICIES.
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   ricky thomas 0 Votes
purchase home with 2-10 warranty, 2 weeks after closing water heater tanks leaks put in claim with 2-10 they gave me phone numbers of 2 contractors 1 returned call too busy couldnt' help.second didnt' called back, installed water heater myself wounldnt' pay me for price of water heater.this company nothing but a dam thief ...
 7th of Oct, 2009 by   runner5678 0 Votes
Horrible customer service. Made me wait 4 months to get my dishwasher repaired… sent the same bad repairman twice. After he couldn’t fix it, they said, and I am literally quoting, that “You must have broken it on purpose. We won’t cover it”. We then spent the day convincing them to send out someone for a second opinion, which they only promised to do after making us promise we would pay a VERY high fee if the second guy said we abused the dishwasher. When the second guy fixed the dishwasher and said we were not at fault, they said “We can’t prove that” and would not apologize. I’m in my 30s and have been around the block with customer service people, and this is the worst I’ve ever seen. DO NOT USE.
 6th of Dec, 2009 by   Derwanderer 0 Votes
"Worthless" is not sufficient to describe 2-10 Home Warranty Company's product. Though the plumbing section of the contract says the warranty covers clearing of stoppages, the customer service rep said coverage only applies to equipment located within the perimeter of the home's main foundation. Since when is backed up sewage considered "equipment"? The rep's response was that she'd set up a service call--and charge me $65--but I'd still be liable for the cost any services if the plumber diagnosed the problem to have occurred outside the perimeter of the house. It seemed unlikely that any plumber employed by 2-10 would find the clog in covered territory, so I'm renting an electric eel for $45 and clearing the back-up myself. Colleagues at work who have similar horror stories warned me the company specializes in weasel-wording, but the first year of "coverage" came with the house I bought; and I renewed the policy without giving it much thought. What an expensive mistake that turned out to be! A warranty from this company is worth about as much as the stuff that's backing up my plumbing.
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   Susan Hunter 0 Votes
We have been trying to get our foundation repaired for 8 months through our builder and 2 - 10.
The damage hasquatrupled since we first filed our claim. After 6 months, 2 -10 still has no plan of repair. Every plan they have came from us or the builder. We are a duplex situation. Now the adjoining homeowner has filed a claim about his foundations. 2-10 is telling us it will be an additional 45 - 60 days to get a plan of repair.
Our builder will not honor his 1 year warranty. All this started during our first year in the home.
2 - 10 is a joke and I agree they are rude and acuse you of things you didnt say.
We have ask for them to follow up every phone conversation with an email.
They like to have telephone conversations, then they can say whatever they want.
If you deal with them, be sure to keep a paper trail for your records.

Does anyone else out there have foundation problems and tried to work tith 2-10?
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   Susan Hunter 0 Votes
We have ask for them to follow up every phone conversation with an email.
If you deal with them, be sure to keep a paper trail for your records.
 7th of Jan, 2010 by   Diamello 0 Votes
I've used 2-10 Home warrenty on several occasions. I have never had a problem. I've always had good competent contractors. Naturally, the work received will reflect the skill of the contractor.
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   D. Lingle 0 Votes
Our microwave/oven combination staarted having problems this past November. The repairman has been out 3 times and things got worse each time. After 6 weeks they said they would have to replace the unit and would take 7 to 10 days to have the new one delivered and they would call in several days to let me know when it would be delivered and who would install it. Didn't hear anything back, so I called yesterday and they told me it would be another 7 weeks before it would be delivered. It is no way you can replace the unit with the cash out check they offer, so they have you!!! Customer service has been no help. Don't waste your money on them.
 22nd of Mar, 2010 by   JOE CLARK 0 Votes
2-1- WARRANTY IS A DIFFICULT COMPANY TO WORK WITH. THEIR LIST OF CONTRACTORS IS SO MINIMAL THAT EVEN FINDING SOMEONE TO DO A REPAIR IS SO DIFFICULT. I WAS OUT OF TOWN LAST YEAR WHEN I HAD SOME DIFFICULTY WITH MY AIR CONDITIONER. I CALLED THE COMPANY AT LEAST 5 TIMES AND THEY COULD NOT FIND ANYONE THAT WOULD SCHEDULE A REPAIR.

I FINALLY, WITH TEMPERATURES SOARING, PAID OUT OF POCKET A VERY EXPENSIVE REPAIR AND THEY WOULD NOT REIMBURSE ME. THEY STATED THAT I HAD NOT USED ONE OF THEIR CONTRACTORS.

I WILL NOT RENEW!!
 13th of Jul, 2010 by   104vegas 0 Votes
I'm looking for a home warranty company. After reading the above listed complaints, I am not going to use 2-10. Loks like First American Home Protection is good. They list what is covered and not covered. I know some folks who used them and had no problems with repairs. You do pay about 150.00 dollars more per year, but you are covered.
 6th of Sep, 2010 by   GAresident 0 Votes
I resently filed a claim with 2-10 for what I thought was a roof leak. Turns out it was a frozen HVAC line due to low refrigerant. When the contractor finally arrived he informed me that he would have to go through 2-10 to order the part since it "should" be covered under the warrenty. He also informed me that this company tends to "drag their feet" on repairs and I should call them and attempt to have them expedite the part, since I have a 3 year old daughter who has asthma and the 90+ degree heat here in the southeast doesn't help it. Upon calling 2-10 back and explaining the situation, the operator informed me that she would notate the claim and have it expidited. Once the contractor filed his part of the claim, 2-10 DENIED the claim and stated that the problem with the freon leak had to be a "pre-existing" problem" and that there was nothing that they could do to help us.

This company is horrible and is a fraud. I would NOT recommend their services to my worst enemy. $900 later I have my AC unit fixed and working, no thanks to what I thought was reputable warrenty.
 11th of Nov, 2010 by   cookie0322 0 Votes
I purchased the 2-10 warranty and found it worthless. I had a pipe leaking an assanine amount of water under my sink. My home was built in 2008, I figured it would be no problem to file a claim. After I filed it and the contractor came out, the pipe issue was not covered. The contractor stated that it would $150 to repair in addition to the $50 deductible.. I paid neither and told 2-10 to go screw themselves.
I had a local handly man fix it for $60. The part cost me $4!!! NEVER AGAIN. I am looking for another warranty company though. Does anyone have any suggestions?
 24th of May, 2011 by   Tim Insider 0 Votes
2-10 Home Warranty Company is a complete scam. Trust me I know. I have an insider that told me. They pay the realtors to use them. They open work orders but on follow through on a select few to keep them out of legal issues. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. TIM
 27th of Jul, 2011 by   Sean4353 0 Votes
First of all, don't use them. They are scam.

I tried twice to use them,

1. Early Feb, the heater was broken. Called them. They basically said if you still had emergency heat then please wait they would send help. I could not risk my 6 month old boy and didn’t want to pay high electricity bill. And I also had the plan to replace the heater. So eventually I called a HVAC guy and got a new unit. Their help never showed up. That month I paid high electricity bill.
2. Last week, my garage door broken.It is the motor broken first, the chain lost support so the door dropped suddenly. The force was too big, it dragged out the plywood in the wall. So the home warranty used this as excuse. Says it is the wood, not the motor, they don't cover wood. Sort of like, the door hit the concrete floor and damage the concrete floor, they would say it is the concrete floor not the door. Ridiculous! I still used their contract to fix it and paid more than I need. Because I don't want to take another day off and no matter what I had to pay them $100 trade fee. Nice catch.

When I sat back and thought about this company, they only charged $419 to warranty my 30 year old house, covering all appliances, roofing, pluming etc for a whole year. This is too good to be true. So it is not true. I wrote this just want people to be aware this company is a joke if it is not a scam.
 22nd of Jun, 2012 by   Eduardo Cortina 0 Votes
I have had very bad experiences with this company. A couple years ago they sent a letter explaining that customers might want to opt into paying extra to cover upgrading to r410a air conditioning units if they had a failure. My original unit was 25 year old and failed this year. A month before it failed I called to make sure I was still covered for an r410a upgrade (I had recently learned the age of my unit).

First of all it took a month to get a replacement unit. The customer service rep. explained that I would be getting a 13 seer Carrier or Goodman. I was working when the contractor was installing the unit-- my girlfriend supervised. When I came to check the work I realized the company had installed a PAYNE r-22 unit with a r410a condenser coil (converted to work with R-22). By 2020 r-22 will not be produced or imported into the US. Afterwards only used r-22 will be available, driving up prices and repairs for older systems. Further more, r-22 is being phased out because it depletes the ozone layer and contributes to global warming.

The company refuses to do anything significant to redress these issues. They explained that they only install r410a units in states where it is required by law (the r-22 units are cheaper). They also told me that Payne and Carrier are made by the same company-- so are Lexus and Toyota.I recommend not using this company. After my contract expires I will be finding a new company to work with.
 7th of Jul, 2012 by   Nickie G 0 Votes
My husband and I purchased a home in Alabama last year and 2-10 was the company provided as the warranty by the sellers. We chose to upgrade the warranty immediately, and even purchased a matching policy for our home in Charleston, SC which is currently rented and going on the market. We had several claims on the home in Alabama, due to aged appliances, hot water heater, heat pump repairs, self cleaning arm of the wall oven, etc., and they dispatched appropriately, with only minor issues with two of the dispatched companies, which the warranty company rectified immediately. Our policy is up for renewal, and we were informed today that we would not be permitted to renew this policy with them for the Alabama home but no reason could be given. They would however, provide a warranty for the South Carolina home. I have read several reviews on this issue, and because of their shady renewal policy, we will not renew with them for either home! We feel we are punished for purchasing a home, that came with a warranty, and because the appliances are aged, they wish to remove themselves. Not good business sense, as when you finally get to the point of repairing the issues, you face many years of no claims and full collected premiums. Also, we have very high end appliances in the kitchen (Viking), which we were told would be replaced with a LIKE appliance. I specifically asked if this meant they would replace with a Viking, as replacing it with anything else would decrease the value of my home. I was re-assured several times, and directed to the clause in their contract that states LIKE KIND replacement. However, when a non-essential part could not be found by a contractor (we found the parts through the dealer for about $100), we were told they would replace a Viking professional double wall oven with a GE. LIKE KIND was described by their manager as having the same features, although the contract does not specify that. Yeah, not! Warranty companies are helpful when you purchase a home that you are unsure of potential problems, but they are counting on collecting your premiums without numerous claims, and this company is the worst. I would not recommend this company at all!!
 8th of Aug, 2012 by   SaraGraves 0 Votes
HORRIBLE!!! HORRIBLE!! DO NOT BUY!!! I have two terrible stories: We needed them to fix our dishwasher because it wasn't working. Loooong story short, we paid the $75 copay, they sent this HORRIBLE man out to fix it. First of all, he seemed annoyed by having to do his job. Secondly, he started espousing his political, social, and religious beliefs. Thirdly, he insulted my 6 year old son (who was working on his math homework) by challenging him to solve problems that were tremendously difficult (we're talking high school level algebra). He said "Think! THINK! It's NOT that hard! Gah- what's WRONG with kids today?!" He also kept calling my son a girl (after me repeatedly correcting him). We live at the beach. He has shaggy hair. Not long, just shaggy surfer hair. He tried to shame a 6 year old for not being able to do algebra and having shaggy hair. Jerk. He also yelled at my husband for not turning the electricity off. He assumed that we would know to do this without having to be asked. Once the part was ordered, it took 6 weeks to come in. It was a simple fuse. When we called to complain about how terribly we were treated, 2-10 said we needed to take it up with the sub-contractor. When we did, they said they didn't care.

Second story: Our AC stopped unexpectedly this summer during a 115 degree heat wave. I called them up, explained that I had a 7 month old infant, pets, etc. and they said that technically that qualified me for emergency/expedited status. Great! I thought. HA. It took them 5 days to show up while the inside temperature of the house exceeded 90 degrees. We live at the beach, which means even the worst motel is $250 a night during tourist season: We had to stay with my ex-husband!! (Who thankfully is awesome). The contractor they called was a one man one woman operation that lied repeatedly about when they'd show up, failed to produce an operators license, had me write the copay to a personal name, not the business, and I'm fairly certain the wife was on some kind of drug. AND she espoused religious ideology as well!! Just a word to the wise from someone who lives in the Bible Belt: If someone EVER starts a conversation with "I/He/She used to be a preacher so we won't do you wrong..." RUN. It's NEVER true. These people left saying "Well golly! If we'd known it was such a simple fix, we would've come out sooner!"

Put the $500+ in a savings account every year instead. 2-10 sends out sub-par contractors and provides horrendous customer service. I'd rather stick my fingers in a broken electrical socket than have them send someone out to fix it.
 5th of Sep, 2012 by   Mack Rich 0 Votes
I have read several of these complaints and ask myself if they are talking about the same 2-10 warranty i have. I have lived in my home for 20 years and had 2-10 warranty for the entire period. I have never had a problem with them. In the twenty year period I have had several repairs to my air condition and one unit replaced with no hassel. Two hot water heaters.. One has as late as September 1, 2012. I discovered my hot water heater was leaking on Friday, contacted 2-10 and the heater was replaced on Saturday. My dishwasher was repaired, garage door opener replaced and garbage disposal replaced. All these repairs were made within two days. I have checked into several other home warranties and if you don't read the fine print you get stuck. I would recommend 2-10 to my friends.

Tips for the Perfect Christmas Tree