logo

1. (0 mins ago)
HireRight
Background check
2. (3 mins ago)
Education Credentials Evaluators, Inc.
Transcript Evaluation
3. (4 mins ago)
ASK NOW
STOLE MONEY
4. (9 mins ago)
Skycare ehr
Misleading product ( electronic medical records )
5. (15 mins ago)

Posted:    BASSGUY1963

loan sharking

1800 loan mart
California
I foolishly took out a 2600.00 title loan against my 2002 ford pick up truck, done to prevent my home from going into forclosure, GOOD LORD WHAT A MISTAKE!!!
I was so desperate at the time, I should have read the loan docs more closely!!! almost 97% interest?? I have givin them almost $1000.00 already. I called them to get the payoff amount, I was informed it was over 2700.00??? DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CROOKS, DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. THEY SHOULD CHAMGE THEIR NAME TO 1800 LOANSHARK
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Jul, 2011 by   GodIsWatching 0 Votes
My experience with 1-800-LoanMart has been nothing short of a nightmare. I took out a loan for $2600.00. I made all of my payments on time, even early. I relocated my family for employment. After making my payments for 5 months, I was laid off my job due to the economy. When my car was purchased, it was paid for with cash. It was a 2009 Nissan with only 74 miles on it. Facing horrible hardship with losing my job, I decided getting rid of the loan mart payment each month was the best thing for my family. I then took my car back to the Nissan dealership and sold my car back to them for two thirds of what I originally paid for it. I had called 1-800-loanmart to get the payoff information before I went to Nissan. I was quoted a payoff. The next day I went to Nissan and sold my car back to them. When Nissan called them to get the payoff, it was almost $200.00 more than what 1-800-loanmart had quoted me. In the beginning I was quoted one interest rate, but given an interest rate that was over 100%. Nissan sent the payoff check to 1-800-loanmart by over night carrier. So the loan company received the check the very next day. I was told by Nissan that I could not get my check for the difference of the selling price and loan payoff until Nissan had the car title in hand. I understood this and agreed. Although 1-800-loanmart had received the check, I was told that they would not release the title of my car to the dealership for at least 10 days. The person I spoke to at loanmart was named Manuel. While on the phone with this man, he was extremely rude and hateful because I had sold my car and got my loan paid off. He went as far as telling me on the phone that if he wanted to, they could take up to 20 days to release my title to Nissan. He hung up on me on the phone. I called back to 1-800-loanmart and reached someone else, who in turn connected me again with Manuel. Who hung up on me again. I kept calling until I found out who his supervisor was and spoke to her. She was spouting off to me the same thing as Manuel did. I then called the DMV who told me that the law says 1-800-loanmart has 10 days to release the title to my car. It is all done electronically now. No paper. Even though I had made all of my payments early, my loan payoff was only $76.00 less than the amount I originally borrowed. johhny e, how about you learn to spell before you start blasting others for their intelligence? It is my prayer that you never know the desperation that someone has to feel to take out a loan from these crooks. When someone's family is hungry or about to be homeless, that mother or father would sell their soul to feed their children. I am still going to file a complaint with any and every state agency that will let me regarding 1-800-LoanMart. Their shoddy business practices need to be stopped.
 16th of Jul, 2011 by   grandma882008 0 Votes
I was one month behind because my car broke down and I had to get it fixed or no money to make the payment. They threatened to come get my car unless I came up with the payment that day before 8:00 pm even though I promised to pay the next morning when my paycheck was direct deposited. I had to borrow the money and send it western union, another $10.00. Then they said they would work with me on the other payment that was due but now they won't. They are definitely predators and loan sharks. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!
 29th of Jul, 2011 by   Chuck_Schultz 0 Votes
****WARNING**** BE WARNED 1-800LOANMART IS NO JOKE!!!
THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE SWEETEST STORY FOR THE PERFECT LOAN TO HELP YOU WITH ALL YOUR TROUBLES. BUT IN THE END, JUST LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT THEY WILL BREAK ALL YOUR JOY AND RUIN YOUR LIFE FOR A VERY LONG TIME. PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH 1-800LOANMART. THIS IS MY BEST ADVICE TO ANY AND EVERYONE. I AM SEARCHING FOR A LAYER TO TAKE MY CASE TO COURT WITH THEM.
 21st of Sep, 2011 by   ebeth 0 Votes
LORD... I ask that when these human people at 1-800LOANMART come before you to be judged, that they are judged with the same courtesy they gave all these families during there time of financial need. Thank you for all your comments. I WILL NOT PUT MY FAMILY OR MYSELF THROUGH THIS PAIN IN SUFFERING!!!
 23rd of Sep, 2011 by   Cesar Ramirez 0 Votes
I was considering taking a loan with them but waited and now 2 people I know have told me the horror stories they or their kids have experienced with this company. I'm telling everyone I know about them. We have about 10K local people that subscribe to a local blog in the LA area, and gues what, I'm telling everyone about this scam. Needless to say, I also have a lot of low friends in very high places, haha. This company's days are on an official countdown!
 16th of Nov, 2011 by   falling in debt 0 Votes
I'm letting everyone know that i have a broker with 1800loanmart.
they ask me to fax personal document. i could not find my title so they keep calling me. when i finally fax them the infrmation they needed.
they call me back the next day say that i was not approve for the loan.
i first got pre-approve for 2500. for my lincoln ls
2000
waste of my time
 14th of Dec, 2011 by   CALIFORNIA81 0 Votes
1800 LOAN MART SUCKS BALLS!!! DONT DO BISINESS WITH THOSE CROOKS!!!
 14th of Dec, 2011 by   CALIFORNIA81 0 Votes
I HAVE 1800 LOAN MART!! HOPEFULLY THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS AND THEIR SHITTY EMPLOYEES LOOSE THEIR JOBS! DONT DO BISINESS WITH THIS CROOKS!! AND YES IT IS ABVIOUS THAT PEOPLE THAT ARE DEFENDING THIS SHITTY COMPANY ARE EMPLOYEES!!
 23rd of Feb, 2012 by   seanxbrootal 0 Votes
one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made in my life. My wife and I took out a loan on our car and just like everyone else, it seemed like a sure way to get cash quickly at little cost to us. Not only do they dish out lie after lie after lie, once they've got you suckered into a contract they are very non compliant and will not work with you on anything.I got phone calls multiple times a day if my bill had not been paid and was late by even one single day. Please, listen to all these people and do not get involved with these people. It will only make you more stressed and deeper in the hole.
 19th of Jul, 2012 by   terrell dixon -1 Votes
all i can say is they got me too . i share the same story with million of complaints there crooks . and should be under federal investigation. by the u.s atorney
 7th of Aug, 2012 by   Shark Bait -1 Votes
Do yourself a favor and just don't do any business with 800LoanMart. The are crooks. I could give you a long history but it would be a repeat of the rest of the complaints. They should be shut down. Their business is to rip off people who for one reason or another are desperate for money. You will never get out from under them. I've paid them $20, 000 on a $5, 000 loan. NEVER SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THEM. It has to be illegal.
 14th of Sep, 2012 by   James Anthony Meister 0 Votes
I had two loans with 1800loanmart made payments to them each and every month ONTIME. I had an interest rate of 84% when I went back to them to refinance and get more money they never gave me a lower interest rate even though I had established credit with them, so when I decided I was tired of paying the 84% interest rate and found another company who would take the loan away from them with a much better interest rate I was given TWO different payoff totals, they also delayed the closing of my loan so that the $400+ dollars that I had paid off on the principle, had been eaten up all but for $49, and when I called them on it asking then WHERE is my $49, now it has been 14 days since the closing of the payoff I was told by SEGIO "it's going to be awhile until I get my money", so here is this company charging me $10 a day interest but won't pay me the same interest on the MONEY they owe me. I have files a complaint with the BBB and am doing the same with the Attorney General of California this company should have to pay the same INTEREST rate they charge US when they have to REFUND a payoff
 22nd of Nov, 2012 by   MikeJones 0 Votes
ALL OF YOU ARE IDIOTS, I READ THE CONTRACT AND MULTIPLIED MY MONTHLY PAYMENTS BY THE LOAN TERM . FOR EXAMPLE BECAUSE CLEARLY SOME OF YOU CAN USE THIS METHOD . 450 A MONTH BY THE LOAN TERM OF 24 MONTHS = 10, 800.00 ---- THATS HOW MUCH YOU IDIOTS HAVE TO PAY BACK IF YOU PAY FOR 24 MONTHS. HOWEVER IT IS A SIMPLE INTEREST LOAN SO THAT MEANS YOU CAN PAY OFF SOONER AND NOT PAY THE 10, 800.00 . SOME OF YOU SHOULD LEARN SOME COMMON SENSE BEFORE GETTING A LOAN WITH ANYONE, THE MAIN REASON WHY THE ECONOMY IS MESSED UP, BECAUSE PEOPLE DONT WANT TO HOLD THEMSELVES RESPONSIBLE FOR THERE ACTIONS. AND FOR ALL OF YOU STATING THAT THERE SHOULD BE A LAW AGAINST LOAN COMPANIES LIKE LOAN MART. THERE IS, AND SOME OF YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT THESE ARE LOANS. NOT A FINANCE COMPANY .
 28th of Dec, 2012 by   Savatari Chyler 0 Votes
I was about to get a loan with these people, I submitted my application but after reading all of these feed-backs, I am NOT going to proceed, I'll work 2 or 3 jobs to get the money I need to get things done. I understand that the fine print needs to be read but on the other hand, there are terms that not everyone understands the meanings of. It is the Loan officers job to explain it clearly & be honest. These companies may not be able to lie but I think we can all agree that they are not exactly forthright with everything either. All of the people who have posted complaints on here can't be wrong so I am going with the majority. People don't go out for loans as a first resort, its usually the last resort. Who wants to have to pay back a loan with such a high interest just because they wanted money to shop..these loans are taken out for legitimate reasons.
Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences, would I have not read these reviews, my documents would have been turned in by the end of day today and I would have risked losing my only form of transportation and as a divorced woman, that would have really placed a big burden on me.
 31st of Jan, 2013 by   BlackIrish1966 0 Votes
Zach@800loanmart.com
Repos@800loanmart.com
1-800-670-0668 ext 136
1-818-285-0345
 8th of Aug, 2013 by   jodann 0 Votes
i was sick and couldnt work got behind on my rent and other bills i felt like i didnt have a choice but to take out a loan and yes they are loan sharks there should be something done about thses kind of poeple i feel rape
 14th of Oct, 2013 by   Jesse Warren 0 Votes
We help both the old and young with our financial offer with structured and customized facilities to satisfy our costumers need. so if you are interested in our financial help, contact us vial email: jessewarrenloans@gmail.com
 2nd of Jan, 2014 by   Miss.Bana 0 Votes
Hey evrryone! May JESUS Bless each and everyone of u!! Please call Todd Friedman@1-888-595-9111! He is an awesome Attorney! He is a consumer Lawyer and he is probono ok? Loanmart needs 2 be shut down! How can Cali allow this? Stay encouraged! Al Also look up scam report! An ex employee tild how they got her to be the company s rules! Wow! Obtaining Cell phone records and. Getting their personal info! How is this possible?
 11th of Jan, 2014 by   Edmondk50 0 Votes
Good Day

I am Mr.Edmond Willy .From Boston United State. I finally got a loan of 80, 000 usd from a legitimate company, although i have been scammed several times by some other online lenders, but when the time came for me to get a loan i was first reluctant thinking that the lender might also scam me but to my greatest surprise my loan was transferred into my bank acct within 24 banking working hrs, this was after my loan has been approved. In case you need a loan afraid of being scammed i will advice you contact via my personal email: edmondwilly@yahoo.com so i could direct you, or you contact the lender directly on the company email divon500@gmail.com

Mr.Edmond Willy
Announcer
 14th of Mar, 2014 by   Charlotte G P 0 Votes
I got a loan for $5, 000 on my BMW and before I could sell my car I had to pay over $7, 500.12 to pay off . What the Hell !!!

Mobile Phone Insurance Fraud