EMTC Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: Date | Popularity

EMTC / Bad AC adapter / charger

Nook on 2012-03-26
I had purchased a laptop charger for a compaq presario 3000 in May 2011. This universal charger malfunctioned and shorted out while being used on a motel bed in September. Luckily a destructive fire was avoided only because of the smell of burning plastic. Company refused to respond to three emails and of course they had a physical address listed on their website and no phone. Scam. I want my 15-20 dollars back or a replacement unit.

EMTC / Wrong battery sent

Gu
Gulchitay on 2012-03-08
I've ordered a battery for my VTech cordless phone and when I ordered, I've checked the model number already. However, the battery that was sent to me didn't fit to my phone. I sent them an email regarding how to exchange it, and they said they'll refund it if I can send it back to them (that I need to pay the shipping charge). Then, I replied to them that I didn't want to refund it, but exchange it. After that, no more email from EMTC is sent to me anymore! Now, the wrong battery is sitting on my desk, for no purpose.

EMTC / Shipment was incomplete

Mi
Miloper on 2012-02-01
I ordered a Profile Technology; model PL-2303 USB-to-Serial Port Adapter Cable however, the driver software required for it to function was missing. Please forward the diskette containing the driver ASAP as the cable is useless without it. I was unable to find a customer service phone number for your company anywhere on the internet. Is that intentional?

EMTC / Product not delivered

On
Onkare on 2012-01-25
I ordered three things from this company and only received the phone battery...that by the way won't hold a charge! I have sent email after email and no one will reply. I am so disappointed and ticked that I spent money with a company that won't help their customers. Now I know why they don't give out their phone number!

EMTC / The replacement phone battery was worse than the 1st one sent

Al
Alidologe on 2012-01-23
I wish I had read the complaints listed here before I placed my order 2 weeks ago. The 1st battery recieved would hold a charge for about 20 min. and died several times before I gave up. The EMTC Co. replaced it free of charge, BUT the replacement would not charge at all! After 30 hours, I sadly gave up. Their prices are too good to be true, and this is the reason why, their batteries are pure crap. One thing odd about my 2 bad batteries is that the red and black wires from battery to plug are 2xs longer than my origional?!? Is this the defect, maybe? I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt...but after 2 strikes out, I will not ask for a 3rd battery, I am asking for my money back.

EMTC / Please avoid them and use a reputable company with good ratings and a phone number

Tl
Tlangoe on 2012-01-18
As others have noted, the rechargeable batteries this company sell do not hold a charge. Also, laptop charger is not recognized buy my laptop. The charger felt very light and cheap. Unable to change polarity on the tip because one prong is larger than the other, so you cannot flip it. They have no phone number to contact. Please avoid them and use a reputable company with good ratings and a phone number.

EMTC / EMTC lists no phone number and has a BBB rating of &F&

Is
Istibote on 2012-01-17
EMTC lists no phone number and has a BBB rating of "F". I received email from EMTC saying they shipped a HP98 printer cartridge, but the post office used the tracking number to show that they never received the package. They lied! I obtained quick refund from EMTC after entering a complaint thru PayPal. (In th furure, I will be much more careful about ordering from a business that doesn't list a phone number as a contact!).

EMTC / They advertise one thing and ship defective substitutes

Do
Doffe on 2012-01-11
I ordered two identical cell phone batteries. EMTC described them as original Panasonic but I got generic. One failed after a week and the second after 2 months. I emailed and asked for a refund but they wanted me to ship the bad batteries for a replacement. I assume that since both batteries failed, the replacement would be bad as well so I asked for a refund or for a phone conversation (there's no tel number for them). Now they are not answering my emails any more.

EMTC / They sell defective cell batteries

Ga
Gabler on 2012-01-11
I ordered two identical cell phone batteries from them. They advertised a genuine Panasonic but shipped no-name batteries. One failed after a week and the second failed after 2 months. Based on the fact that they did not send me the batteries that I ordered and that they shipped two defective ones, I concluded that the best would be to ask for a refund. I could not find a tel number to call so I emailed them a message saying that since both batteries died so fast I’d like to get a refund. They emailed back saying that the batteries are under warranty and that I need to ship them to be...

EMTC / Defective phone battery

Ka
Kasper on 2012-01-04
Unfortunately I did not check the history of this company prior to ordering... Ordered a replacement battery for my Samsung cell phone for $14.95. So excited about the price until immediately afterwards I found the complaint site for this company. Kept my fingers crossed that I would be a lucky one. Got it yesterday. It charged all last night, went to make a call this morning and it shut down due to low battery. Nothing more to be said. Beware!

EMTC / Destroyed tape head cleaner

Se
Seriofe on 2011-12-13
Ordered a VHS-C Camcorder tape head cleaner from EMTC. The day I received the cleaner I read and followed the instructions on the cleaner. After the cleaner had run fpr a second or two, we began to hear sounds from the camcorder that we knew were not normal. We stopped the tape, opened the tape door and found about a foot of the cleaning tape all cut up and mangled, pretty much destroyed. This particular camcorder has never had any problems or damaged a tape prior to placing this cleaning tape in today. Not what i spent $7.95 for. Also, why is the space blank where EMTC's telephone number is suppose to be listed? How nice, now I can't call them.

EMTC / The charge does not last as lone as my 2 year old battery

Em
Emgo on 2011-09-29
I recently on Oct.21 bought a razor battery for my phone which is useless. The charge does not last as lone as my 2 year old battery. The ID # is 9WD2634775503476 and I would like a brand new battery because I believe this is a used battery or my money back. I paid through pay pal. Let me know something as quickly as possible.

EMTC / Good service

Al
I was hesitant to order from this company because of the reviews here, but I did it anyway. I purchased 2 Dish Network remotes for my dad's receiver for Christmas. There really is no contact with the company just fyi...you just get a receipt from Paypal. I received a package 7 days after the order date. When I opened the package, there was only 1 remote instead of the 2 I ordered and I thought, "Oh boy...here we go." I immediately emailed the EMT telling them what happened and told them if I didnt hear from them quickly, I would have no choice but to dispute the charge. To their credit...
Contact Us