logo

Corporations for Character Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: Date | Popularity

Corporations for Character - Texas, Midland - Legitimacy

Posted:    MidMan
In defense of CfC, the Texas Fraternal Order of Police says they are their professional fundraiser. The mailing I got in followup to the phone call is from the TFOP, not CfC, and contains that statement. The return address for the donation card is also to the TFOP (I checked it against their website). As much as I resent telemarketing, in this case CfC is apparently on the up-and-up. I am not affiliated with CfC or the FOP. In fact, the police in my community chose not to affiliate with the FOP, and my donation would go to the statewide organization, not any local chapter....
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States, Texas, Midland Complaint category Telemarketing

Corporations for Character - Nebraska - Misleading/hidden tactics

Posted:    Warrior4Christ
I was called by this company saying they represent and fundraising for "The Fraternal Order of Police" and using some VERY strong sympathy tactics to try and get me to just agree to let them send me a donation form (no obligation or financial committment over the phone).

I asked them two questions: 1. How much of my donation actually goes to the charity you are collecting for. The representative said 30%. So I ask all of you... how can they sit there any nearly cry in their plea for money, then only give 30% of what they collect to them and say they are calling "on...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States, Nebraska Complaint category Telemarketing

Save Money by Planning the Several Meals with One Ingredient