logo

American Strategic Insurance Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: Date | Popularity

American Strategic Insurance - Georgia - CLAIMS SERVICE

Posted: 2013-10-23 by    CONCERNED INSURANCE AGENT
I'M AN INSURANCE AGENT WHO UNTIL RECENTLY REPRESENTED ASI. IF YOU HAVE AN ASI HOMEOWNERS POLICY, CALL AN INDEPENDENT AGENT IMMEDIATELY & REQUEST A QUOTE FOR A REPLACEMENT POLICY.
ASI IS THE MOST SHADY CARRIER I'VE COME ACROSS IN THE 14 YEARS I'VE BEEN IN THE BUSINESS. THEIR CLAIMS DEPT IS BORDERLINE FRAUDULENT. WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED TO SEE SOME SORT OF GOVT ACTION TAKEN AGAINST THEM.....
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States, Georgia Complaint category Home Insurance / Warranty

American Strategic Insurance - Florida - Bad choice for insurance

Posted: 2012-04-10 by    Daytonamel
I had coverage with ASI several years ago. I had a beautiful old live oak tree in my front yard. They told me I had to trim it back from the house or they would non-renew my insurance. I spent $1800 having the tree trimmed, and they non-renewed me anyway. This year I took out a policy with Ark Royal, a subsidiary of ASI (I was unaware of that). After 3 months they cancelled my policy because there was some paint peeling on my house. It is a block house, so water intrusion is not an issue. These people are not a good choice if you want a company you can stay with and rely on....
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States, Florida Complaint category Other

American Strategic Insurance - Alabama - Insurance Claim

Posted: 2012-01-30 by    Policy Holder
Do not get your homeowner's insurance policy through American Strategic Insurance!!! They are new to Alabama. I recently had a major storm hit my house; roof damage, water leaking through ceiling, privacy fence destroyed, mailbox destroyed, large swing destroyed. I have a $1, 000 deductible. They do their own estimates and they are saying my total covered damages are $899!!! Other structures does not include privacy fences or storage buildings. This is all in exclusion that they do not email you or inform you about. You won't find out about all the exclusions until you have to file a claim....
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States, Alabama Complaint category Home Insurance / Warranty

American Strategic Insurance - Florida, Saint Petersburg, - Refusing to Pay Claim

Posted:    Tim23
American Strategic Insurance obstructs/delays paying legitimate claim. They have very difficult to work with. They do not return phone calls. They avoid using email so they can drag things out and make things much harder for policy holders. Our hour had significant damage from a major hail storm. My neighbors have had good luckwith their insurance companies. Dont use American Strategic Insurance unless you want a lot of hassles getting a claim paid.

09/16/2009
I asked for a copy of the adjusters report. Dorthy Purcell refused to provide it.
Requested adjusters name and...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States, Florida, Saint Petersburg, Complaint category Home Insurance / Warranty

American Strategic Insurance - Ripped me off

Posted:    Valerie
I had a policy with this insurance company for home insurance and into the 2nd year I noticed my bill went up from $3500 to $9000. This alerted me to call and find out why such a big jump. The guy on the phone told me it was because of hurricane Wilma yada, yada, yada. So for the past two years I paid $9000 for my home insurance. YES, I live in Florida..

In discussion with a colleague who works in the insurance business I enquired why do insurance companies suddenly up the amount after a hurricane. She kindly offered to look over my policy with me. Lo and behold AMERICAN STRATEGIC...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Home Insurance / Warranty

Mortgage Scam Scheme