logo

Joe Amico
Cyber stalker
5. (23 mins ago)
ZONG
taking money off my phone for poker chips and not given me any

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Winners International Complaints & Reviews - SCAM

Winners International Contacts & Informations

Winners International

Posted:    CONCERNED CITIZEN

SCAM

I RECIENTLY RECEIVED A NUMBER OF PHONE CALLS FROM MEN, CLAIMING TO BE FROM A COMPANY, WINNERS INERNATIONAL. THEY ADVISED ME THAT I HAD WON A SWEEPSTAKES LOTTO, AND WAS ENTITLED TO A LARGE SUM OF MONEY. THEY SAID TO KEEP IT CONFIDENTIAL, SO THAT KNOW ONE WOULD TRY TO ROB ME. FUNNY, IT WAS THEM WHO WAS TRYING TO ROB ME. THEY WERE VERY PERSISTANT, AND CALLED ME FOR A FEW DAYS, BEFORE I STARTED SCREENING MY PHONE CALLES. IF YOU RECIEVE ANY PHONE CALLS LIKE THIS, IT IS A SCAM, ALSO CHECK OUT TD FINANCIAL FOR THE LATEST SCAM, WHICH I ALSO RECIEVED A FEW DAYS AFTER THE PHONE CALLS. THEY WANT YOU TO WIRE / MONEY GRAM THEM MONEY, TO COVER, INSURANCE, OR STATE TAXES ON THE SUPPOSED MONEY THAT YOU HAVE WON. THEY ASSURE YOU THAT YOU WILL RECIEVE YOUR MONEY IMMEDIATELY AFTER PAYING. DON'T DO IT, IT'S A SCAM.

Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Jun, 2009 by   CHERYL +1 Votes
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING. I DID NOT KNOW WHERE TO TURN TO LET PEOPLE KNOW WHAT HAPPAND TO MY MOM TODAY
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   LEANNA GIPSON 0 Votes
YES, A MAN KEEPS CALLING ME TO SAY IV'E WON 2.5 MILLION DOLLARS AND I NEED TO SEND A MONEY-GRAM OR WESTERN UNION 200.00 TO A :( THELMA HOWELL AT 2562 WARM SPRINGS RD. CHAMBERSBURG, PA. 17202) HE WOULD'NT GIVE ME A PHONE NUMBER ON HER JUST THAT SHE RECIVES THE MONEY FOR THE CO. AFTER I SEND THE MONEY TO HER, THEY CONTACT HER TO SEND MY CHECK. I KNOW THIS IS A SCAM, AND IT MAKES ME SO MAD THAT PEOPLE CAN DO THIS AND GET AWAY WITH IT! IM IN HOPES THAT YOU CAN USE THIS ADDRESS ON THIS WOMEN IF SHE IS ENVOLVED IN HELPING THESE PEOPLE, OR MAYBE SHE ISNT EVEN A REAL PERSON, WHO KNOWS! PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU CATCH THESE SCAM ARTISTS, THEY SHOULD BE JAILED WITHOUT ANY HOPES OF GETTING OUT. WHAT AN AWFUL THING TO DO TO PEOPLE! NO WONDER THEY WANT YOU TO KEEP IT CONFEDENTIAL! AGAIN PLEASE KEEP ME INFORMED AS TO THE HOPES IN CATCHING THEM AND PROSECUTING THEM TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW! YOU CAN ALSO GO TO EBAY WHERE I HAVE MY STORE AND E-MAIL ME AT (PONY'S JEWLERY10) THNKS SO MUCH!

MRS. LEANNA GIPSON
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   krispix318 0 Votes
Funny enough, I just Googled the address and nothing comes up. Idiots.
 11th of Sep, 2009 by   VGSanFran 0 Votes
Total scam! They called me this morning and they had all my address info. They stated that in order to deliver the 5M I apparently won that they needed me to send them $535 via Western Union and that they were based in Las Vegas, NV. They also claim that I won based on using my VISA at a WalMart. When I asked them to provide me a FEIN number to do my due diligence, they hung up!
 21st of Sep, 2009 by   MrGarysun 0 Votes
They called my Grandmother just this morning and stated that she had won 5million and a brand new BMW from using her credit card at Walmart. They would have the check and car delivered to her doorstep an hour and a half later in person after a fee was paid. Since she doesn't speak English that well, she came over to my place as fast as possible so I can translate. Being skeptical, I told her "It's probably just a scam". She called him back and when I noticed his Nigerian accent, I was like "Oh hell yeah, it's a scam alright". Went by the name of Dwayne Kingstonjawi @ 1 876 371 3839, who worked for Winners International based in Las Vegas, NV. They wanted us to send $100 via Western Union. I was giving him the run around messing with him and then told him later on I was kidding and that we didn't have a Western Union, he then said I'd have to send via Walmart. I was like... "Walmart!?!? Oh hell no!" It was hilarious! He then stated he will pay for half of the fee to prove he wasn't bullsh*tting". Desparate. How dare they prey on my Grandma.
 4th of Oct, 2009 by   ChrisFromTexas +1 Votes
This guy is getting around. My dad got a call from Tom from Winner's International saying he won 2.5 million dollars. In order to win the money, they had to wire $599 to Matthew Miller in Plantation, FL. Fortunately, my brother was there and my dad was not. They asked my brother how long it would take him to get to a Western Union? He told them about 30 minutes and they said they were 30 minutes away with his check. He was to wire $599 to Matthew Miller in Plantation, FL. My brother called me and I told him it was a scam and have them call me. They did (called from cell phone number 876-291-1696). I told "Tom" they would not get a dime (I have power of attorney for my dad) unless they met my brother and went to the bank with him and had the bank manager confirm the check. (I was out of town). They said "how about I have have my manager call you"? I told him sure, I was sitting with a friend who was a bank manager and we would put her on the phone. I never heard back from them. They turned around and called my brother and tried to convince him that they were legitmate. He said he couldn't help them as he didn't have the money. They called my brother again the next day telling them more information, going so far as to give their personal cell phone number (876-298-3586) so my brother would believe them. I hope this detailed information helps those out there convince their elderly relatives that they are being scammed. He still doesn't believe us. As a side note, my dad set himself up for this sending in $20 to a scam artist that told him he had to send $20 to get the money. Once he sent one 20 dollar bill in, they sent at least 10 week from the same location, just different names. My dad sent the money every time he got a letter from them. I'm going to have to have my dad's mail forwarded to me and filter these things out and send cease and decist letter to each of them because my dad has about 15 envelopes locked in his truck waiting for him to get time to go to the post office and write out the checks there so no one will know. Most of my dads bills are behind now. So sad there are low lifes out there waiting to prey on people who have little or no money hoping for a miracle.
 8th of Oct, 2009 by   Too good 2b true 0 Votes
I just received a call from John Evans (876-891-5128) a rep for Winner International claiming that because I use my credit card at Walmart and Target – I’ve been selected as the 2nd Place winner of $850K (1st place is $1M and there are several winners every month - I thought to myself ). I told him that your odds are better than legitimate sweepstakes such as Publishers Clearing House, the State Lottery and every televised game show in America. I told him that it was odd since I don’t have any credit cards!!! and I never shop at Target. He ignored my statements and went on to say that if I sent $275 via Western Union that I would immediately receive $850K directly delivered to my home. I went on questioning and entertaining listening to his ridiculous claims. As I continued to quiz him on scripted inquires he began to stumble, his English was broken (non American accent) and his understanding and explanation of the program (origination, tax info, owners, etc) was extremely limited. I would expect more from a organization that is awarding over $22M (1st & 2nd Place) annually. Even after I humored, laughed and expressed total disbelief of the Scam - the rep still pressed on "as if" I would send them any $ LOL
 22nd of Oct, 2009 by   gogetem 0 Votes
I've had calls from these crooks also, they phoned my home on 2 different occations, both times they claimed I won millions of $ from winners international and to keep it quiet. all I needed to do is wire $ to pay for some fed ex stamp. I sure hope these criminals get caged soon. I'm calling my phone co. to file a complaint.
 26th of Oct, 2009 by   blonde bomb 0 Votes
I to got a call last wednesday claiming I WON $2.5 million from Gold Rush casino in Las Vegas, NV. RIGHT! I've been to Nevada the casino's don't work that way this has now gone on for a week. A mister David Thomas, a mister Kevin Peterson on behalf of Mark Henry. I called the casino this is not the first they have heard about it. These people are operating from Jamaica. There isnnothingthe authorities can do. Seems to me some of the authorities that we have could set up some sort of sting to catch these people and stop this before people fall for this.
 9th of Nov, 2009 by   daaa 0 Votes
i just got a called today and like i was planning to do i got his name, adress and phone number, he told me to mak the payment ASAP and here it is i'm going to post this information and whoever have contact with detectives or if you can track a phone line and send the respective authorities to put this shameless people into jail for tricking people and stealing money

Catherine dr.
jamaica wi
to a guy named jerone or jerome taylor

phone No.
901-503-5306

please put this people in jail once and for all.
 20th of Nov, 2009 by   Budyzr63 0 Votes
I have been recieveing calls from these people for several months now and they just don't stop. i have traced the phone number to a cell company in Jamacia and i have told these people I know where they are and to stop calling me but they keep on calling anyway.So far i have 3 numbers they use and I have called them back and boy do they get rude when you call them demanding your "Money" lol
 22nd of Nov, 2009 by   only1ne +1 Votes
My mother has become a victim of this winner international fraud, and I need to know where to go to report this. She was sent a live check, which did clear the bank, and she was then asking to return 1500.00 via western union. However, she used part of the 1500.00 to pay for the fee of western union.

The personal name of contact is Mark Brown, the phone numbers are-1-778-858-5071, and 876-886-2189 in which must be Mr. Brown personal cell phone. I personally call Mr. Brown and I believe caught him off guard, he could not provide to me any license information to verify the company. He stated that we could do this the hard way, which means going public about the winnings, or the easy way according to him by keeping it between him and me. He did not either know that I was not one of the person he was attempting to draw in.

Very thick accent and I had to ask him to repeat himself a few times. I told him I work in a USA Bank so please I identify which bank is sponsoring these check, either he could not or would not. I told him I believe strong that he is laundering money, and if he were indeed a legal representative, he would be able to provide this information. He states that he would need to call me back in the morning this information for at his office.

I can state all day that this wrong but I need to know how to stop this and protect my mother. I will go to the local police in hopes that they are able to help us. I do not know whom else to report too.
 24th of Nov, 2009 by   swiftjody 0 Votes
He is still out there...My parents are elderly but are smart enough to know a Scam. I called the number back and got into a pretty heated argument with this guy. 1st off when he answered the phone he said..Hello...not very professional...then a dog was barking and he claimed it was a guard dog...He had a very thick Accent and told me he had to call me back when he got into the office...PLEASE BE CAREFUL PEOPLE>...its a SCAM!!!
 25th of Nov, 2009 by   Randall Brothers 0 Votes
I just got off the phone with a gu who says I won 5.2 million and a 2010 mercedes sl2 pearl white at that all i have to do is go to western union and wire 199.00 to jermaine Duhaney, lucea, P.O. hanover Jamaica W.I. I know its a scam please if anyone gets these kind of calls dont fall for it have a happy holiday season everyone out there and avoid scammers.
 3rd of Dec, 2009 by   WAYINFL 0 Votes
I GUESS I'M A BIGGER FISH THAN THE REST OF YOU, OR THEY THINK I AM, THEY TOLD ME THAT I'D WON 8.5 MIL. AND ONLY HAD TO SEND 1% OR 35.00 TO RECEIVE MY WINNINGS BY NOON TOMORROW, WOW! I MUST BE SPECIAL, THEY REALLY LIKE ME.
THIS WAS AT LEAST THE 20TH TIME I'VE WON THIS LOTTO, BUT THIS WAS BY FAR THE LARGEST. THEY JUST KEEP CALLING, NOTHING DETERS THEM, I'VE TRIED.
BEWARE, IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT ISN'T...
 8th of Dec, 2009 by   eastTN35 0 Votes
my dad got a call from a guy wanting him to send 199 dollars from walmart western union. he was told that a check for 2.5 million was being sent to my dads house and that on the 26th of dec, a brand new mercedes was being delivered to the house. i looked this info up online and saw it was a scam and reported it to my dad. he called the guy back and told him what i found out and the guy argued with my dad saying it is legit. im afraid that my dad is convinced into trying it no matter what i tell him.
 21st of Dec, 2009 by   jap3 0 Votes
100M for $135.00

Gloria Titus, Account Manager
Winner's International
110 NW 40th Street

And now the funny part:

Nawton Oklahoma 73505. They even spelled it. When I asked if they were sure it wasn't Lawton, they hung up.
 22nd of Dec, 2009 by   JMHSRV 0 Votes
Today at work I received a second call from a man who claimed to be from the customs department who said he was in possession of a check in the amount of $2.5 million for me. He said that I am the confirmed 2nd place winner and that he wanted to deliver my check to me. He said that I, along with everyone else who uses their credit cards/debit cards or pays their bills on time are entered in the drawing. He then confirmed my address (scary) and said that he needed 1% customs and tax fees to cover delivery. He then asked if I was married. At that point I asked why that would matter. I told him that I wasn't interested and please not call back. He persisted, so, I told him that I wanted to bridge in the police on a 3 way call so that he could again confirm my "winnings". at that point, he began cursing at me in what I believe was French and asked me if I had heard of Scarface. He said he was the person the movie was written about and that he was going to come over and murder my whole family.

That last part was particularly disturbing, however since the person was calling from Jamaica, I think that it will be a while before they actually get to California..

That number by the way.. 876 493 5982...
 18th of Jan, 2010 by   Audrey MAC 0 Votes
I have also been called repeatedly about this scam. The first time they told me it was a division of Publisher's Clearing House and I was able to trace the phone number to a Jamacian cell phone company. These men have foreign accents and will argue with you on the phone that you are indeed a winner. They went so far as to use Jesus Christ as a bargaining chip. Since they have my address, I turned in a complaint to the local police department and they said were not able to do anything unless they actually did scam me. I now screen my calls and have been insulted on voice mails as well. They are harassing me weekly now and I will use th FEIN number to see if that will stop the calls. Please be careful! You never have to give anyone money to receive an award or prize!
 20th of Jan, 2010 by   lou-lou 0 Votes
I have been called again and again for several days by a Mr. Bobby Brown and Mark Richard and Micheal Golding telling me I have won 250, 000.00. They work for (supposedly) Winners International and Global Intern. Basically it boils down to credit cards. If I send a money order to Derrick Rose in Falmouth Trelawny, Jamaica WI of 2, 000 by Western Union and 2, 000 by Money Gram then give them the numbers on the #'s on my reciept so they can confirm I sent it then they will immediately send me my 250, 000.00 which should arrive tomorrow. I finally told him I knew it was a fraud and he argued with me saying he could prove with bank routing numbers and such. Phone #'s are 876-584-5627and 876-364-1336. Can anyone stop these guys? It is so annoying. They called once before in the fall but this time I played along so I could get info and waste their time. How did they get my name and # anyway? And why keep calling someone after they called your bluff?
Psycos.