logo

Western Union in Benin Republic

Posted:    Marissa

Email Scams

Dear Sir/Madam:

I have been receiving emails that my email address was choosen to be a winner of a lottery draw. Before i could receive my winning money, i have to send them a certain amount for the services. I would just like to know if you have this certain name Mr. Victor Brown connected with Western Union in Benin Republic, city of Cotonou.

Hoping for your reply. Thank you very much!

Comments United Kingdom Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Oct, 2008 by   robert patton 0 Votes
Just got one from these guys saying cotact western union for release of 1, 200, 00.00 boy the just don't give do they?
 16th of Oct, 2008 by   ANNE-MARIE REDSKY 0 Votes
I HAVE BEEN RECIEVING EMAILS TELLING ME I HAVE INHERITED MONEY IN THE AMOUNT OF $2500000.00. THIS IS VERY DISTURBING TO GET. IF THIS IS TRUE RELEASE IT. ASAP. THEY ALSO TELL ME I HAVE TO SUBMIT A SUM OF 320.00 TO RECIEVE IT.
 23rd of Oct, 2008 by   Don Chung 0 Votes
I have been told that I am to contact your director Ckuks Onyejekwe with reference to a file KTU/9023118308/03, via your ref WUMTOXX2/987
Is this genuine?
 27th of Oct, 2008 by   Maria 0 Votes
I have received about 2-3 of the same emails for the past few weeks, to contact the western union in Benin Republic to get funds released, hope everyone is smart enough not to fall for this scam.
 28th of Oct, 2008 by   Vidhya Kalyanavit 0 Votes
I have received the mail from Mr. John Williams, Western Union in Cotonou, Benin Republic stated that Mr. Peter send me the fund of USD 500, 000.00 vis Western Unio. He requested the fee of USD 275.00; the he requested for the other amount of USD 1, 250.00 for the Cetificates from the Ministry of Finance in Benin.
Please check that he is the officer in Western Unio or not. The Ministry of Finance are requesting the fee for the certificates like this or not.
I'm looking forward to your kind response for the truth.
 30th of Oct, 2008 by   Stu 0 Votes
What are you, idiots? This is a scam plain and simple.
 13th of Nov, 2008 by   SOSIMO MALTEZ 0 Votes
They do not fall in this say that they give a Mercedes to them Smart very 2005 tuna but they must send 175 Euros by via western union to Cotonou, Benin to fix papers and that soon they are sent it to any part of the world, that is a great swindle, lie, does not fall in that, is not idiot
 17th of Nov, 2008 by   NASIRUDDIN 0 Votes
DEAR SIR
MR.FRANK ASHLEY.
FOREIGN OPERATION MANAGER NZELUO MARCEL.

I have received the mail from Mr.MR.FRANK ASHLEY.
FOREIGN OPERATION MANAGER, Western Union in Cotonou, Benin Republic stated that I HAVE THE COMPENSATION USD 800, 000.00 vis Western Unio AND WILL PAY DAILY USD6000 TO ME THRU WESTERN UNION. He requested the fee of USD 150.00;
Please check that he is the officer in Western Union or not.
I'm looking forward to your kind response for the truth.
 17th of Nov, 2008 by   Dale 0 Votes
I Have A Question, More Then A Complant.

My Question Is,

How Does A Consumer Know when It's A Scam or Not ?

See, I Have This ( Iam Not sure) Western Union In Benin Republic That Has a (Ligitamately
Inheirited Fund On My Part) Transfer Of Funds In My Name, But are asking that I Send Them Money
To start The Transfer, This Being The Only Payment To start transfers Of cash To Me In My Country,
In Which I Start Receiving The Start Of Small Payments Everyday Until My Inheiritance Funds
Are Paid In Full.
I Have Been Trying To find An Alternitive Way To recieve My Inheiritance Fund without traveling
All That Way To Collect.
So, How Am I To Know If This site In Benin Is Legal Or Not ?
 26th of Nov, 2008 by   Chandrasekaran 0 Votes
hi! I am Chandrasekaran i have been receiving Mail as below. I am not sure.

ATTENTION FUND.BENEFICIARY chandra sekaran.

This is to let you know that i have pleaded the Federal Minister of finance Benin to release the fund for you and they told me that the only what they will do for you is to release your information which you will use to pick up the money so i want you to track it now and see that your money is availabel for you and on ce you send the requested $75.00 that is remain they will release the certificate immediately.

I am here to give you my last word regarding this transfer.My Last word is that once you send the remain $75.00 they will release the certificate today and tomorow we will release your first transfer for you ad i told you.
So you are advise to try much as you can to send the money today ok.

You will pick the money with this information and make sure you type. WWW.WESTERNUNION.COM

SENDER'S NAME...Eneanya Amaechi

RECEIVER'S NAME chandra sekaran.
MTCN ... 300365115
TEXT QUESTION...HOW MUCH
ANSWER...$6000
AMOUNT...6000

Make sure you type western union.com then click the tracking and put the sender's first name which is ...ENEANYA and the last name ..AMAECHI.So now i have raised the $75.00 that i promise you so i want you to try your best and raise the remain $75.00 today because once the money is paid today they will release the Order and you will start receiving your money as from today up and make sure you track your money now and get back to me.

This is the payment information you will use to send the remain $75.00 for this department to release your fund today and make sure you track your money.

Country...Cotonou Benin
Sender's Name...
Receiver's Name...Mr okolo chinedu
Amount...$75.00 only
Mtcn Number...
Test Question ...How Much
Answer...$75.00 Only.

immediately you send the fee forward the western union payment reciept to us.
DIRECTOR OF WESTERN UNION BENIN REPUBLIC
MR CARLSON OBUMU
PHONE NUMBER...+22993840292
 4th of Dec, 2008 by   John 0 Votes
I have been receiving emails that 500, 000USD have transmitted to me Before i could receive my money, i have to send them a certain amount for the services. I would just like to know if you have this certain name Mr.MR MIKE DANGLO The Manager of WESTERNUNION in BENIN
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   joe 0 Votes
،Tengo nueva direcciَn de correo!

Ahora puedes escribirme a:tonyemma90@yahoo.com.co

- Dear friend, I have made necessary arrangement with western union money transfer to transfer your money($1.2m)usd to you, so reconform your full information to them, to enable them transfer the money to you ok. This is their E-mail to contact them ok ;(w_union03@live.fr) Thanks, Tony Emma
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   joe 0 Votes
I received many e-mail like this one bout those stupid who did the scam they dont think that`s nobody believe it, but I think also they need to be little bit clever not stupid at all.

also this`s second e-mail from them :

FROM THE DESK OF DR. MARK JAMES.
FINANCIAL MINISTER OF. FREDERAL REPUBLIC OF BENIN.
FOREIGN CONTRACTOR PAYMENT OFFICE.
TEL FAX +229-9311-1915
Email: w_union03@live.fr

Attention,
Tony Emma deposited this fund, 1.2 million for your compensation and instructed us to transfer the fund to you whenever you come up with your full information.

Your transfer is very much ready and we have made all arrangement to transfer your total fund to your address provided to us, but only for you to come up with the charge of transfering your fund to your provided address which will cost you only $350, to have your total fund transfered to you without any further delay, so we are waiting within 15 mins time to send the charge for your immediate transfer to commence today so that we can commence on your transfer immediately we recieved your payment information ok.

Here is the information to send the charge;
Reciever's Name...Ifeanyi Emeka Charles.
Location to send the money...Cotonou Benin Republic.
Text Questio..Who is able?
Text Answer...God is able.
MTCN?
Amount to send;$350.

Awaiting to hear from you with your payment infoemation .

Thanks for using our best service,
I wait for your response.

YOURS FAITHFULLY
DR. MARK JAMES
MINISTER OF FINANCE
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF BENIN
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   barr 0 Votes
Our the police ever notified about this.
 9th of Apr, 2009 by   kat 0 Votes
I also have received emails constantly reported it to spam but they keep coming back saying i have the funds of one millon dollars and sir Mark james financial director of foreign affaris for western union is waiting my apply they are wanting my address phone number and name which i refuse to give out..please be careful with these emails I just want to know how to fight these email or getting out of hand.
 21st of Apr, 2009 by   cindy 0 Votes
So who is the director at the Western Union office? I've been told it was Mr. Luis Koffi. Does anyone know?
 10th of May, 2009 by   bangunbudi 0 Votes
This is stupid, why they ask money if they announce that some one just a winner to received money from them ????

bbfuni03@yahoo.com
 11th of May, 2009 by   lubos76 0 Votes
like all the previous people have been subjected to an alleged gain with the same characteristics that people have commented previously, same method of payment and western union for the same. please clarify the matter, thank you very much and good day.
 20th of May, 2009 by   trajko 0 Votes
Please check this
This is to notify all our customers about the latest development concerning all the payment that are left in our custody, which yours are inclusive Besides, yours where given a bill of $235, in order to receive your payment of which we didn’t hear from you for sometime now...

Hence, our Western Union is now offering a Special BONUS to help all our customers that are having their payment in our custody due to of prices. In order words we are now requesting that those involve should pay only the sum of $65. 00 to receive all their payment abandoned in our custody.

Besides, my dear, this is the opportunity for you and have to comply and your funds shall be transfer to your desginated address.

But remember that after (3 DAYS) you did not make the payment then we will divert your funds to Goverment Fund, to aviod problem or we will cancel the payment for this year untill next year because this year is not like last year.

Again after (THREE DAYS ) We will enter A new project for the year and that is the reason why we decided to help to all our customers before we enter into the new project.

So be advise to send the $65.00 immediately so that we will register your payment and for to start receive $5000..00 as from tomorrow.
Be advise that there is no time again for we to call any person on phone unless you will call +22998286674
After the payment of $65.00 you will start receiveing your money every day $5000.00 through Western Union A Money Gram $5000 by money gram untill the full payment of $2.5m is completed. So what you will be receiveing per day is $10.000

Send the money through Western Union Money Transfer with the information below:

RECEIVER NAME:...MR. ONYIBOR E. CHUKWUMA.
COUNTRY...Cotonou, Benin Republic.
Text Question== In God
Answer...We Trust.
Amount...$65.

The moment i receive the payment of $65 i will release the first payment informations of $5000 to you and you will pick up the money and i will send you another money. Hoping to hear from you.
Mr Kufe Jokoh.
FOREIGN OPERATION MANAGER
WESTERN UNION OFFICE BENIN REPUBLIC
THIS IS OUR CONDUCT CODE ( 303)

Best Regards
ajtov2001@yahoo.com
 31st of May, 2009 by   Nahidur 0 Votes
Dear Sir/Madam:

I have been receiving emails that my email address was choosen to be a winner of a lottery draw. Before i could receive my winning money, i have to send them a certain amount for the services. I would just like to know if you have this certain name Mr. Frank Godwin, Foreign Operation Manager connected with Western Union in Benin Republic, city of Cotonou. Cell No. +229 9608 5287

Hoping for your reply. Thank you very much!

Saving on Pets